PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Edmunds: ‘We Are Working On Being The Best’ Defense In The NFL

polamalubeast
05-29-2019, 09:03 AM
The best way to build a roster, bar none, is to hit on your first-round picks. That is the bedrock of just about any great organization. It’s certainly not the only important factor, but generally speaking, your first-round picks are the ones who are going to develop into the foundational players of your franchise.

The Pittsburgh Steelers’ track record in that regard has grown more spotty in recent years, with busts in 2013 and 2016 with Jarvis Jones at outside linebacker and Artie Burns at cornerback, respectively. Bud Dupree, another outside linebacker from 2015, isn’t a bust, but certainly appears to fall short of the mark with respect to his pedigree.

Since 2016, however, the Steelers are likely to go three-for-three with day-one starters on defense, starting with yet another outside linebacker, T.J. Watt, in 2019. 2019 first-round pick Devin Bush has a good chance of starting this year from the get-go as well.

In between those two linebackers was Terrell Edmunds, the safety out of Virginia Tech. He wasn’t supposed to start, but ended up doing so due to the health of their intended starter, Morgan Burnett. He took his lumps and grew throughout the year. Now he comes into his second season with bigger ambitions. Not just for his own play, but for his defense.

“Last year we were Top 10” on the defensive side of the ball, Edmunds told the team’s website during OTAs recently. “This year we want to be the best. We are working on being the best. We are trying to make turnovers. Last year we didn’t do what we wanted to do, what we are capable of doing”.

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/05/terrell-edmunds-we-are-working-on-being-the-best-defense-in-the-nfl/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

AtlantaDan
05-29-2019, 09:08 AM
We are trying to make turnovers. Last year we didn’t do what we wanted to do, what we are capable of doing”.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/05/terrell-edmunds-we-are-working-on-being-the-best-defense-in-the-nfl/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5SNAluOj6U

Born2Steel
05-29-2019, 10:28 AM
There is no arguing with Yoda either. Just go do it.

Edman
05-29-2019, 10:49 AM
I've heard this story before. Don't work on it, just be it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-29-2019, 11:17 AM
This is something that possibly Teryl Austin brings to the table. Maybe he has them in drills that simulate more breaking on the football, rather than attacking the man in coverage. Maybe he works more on the secondary wrapping up the ballcarrier and stripping, punching, ripping (lawn mower motion) the football loose?

Fans can just point to empty stats on turnovers, or blogs about guys dropping footballs and say..."Steelers left some opportunities out on the field last season", "just do it". But what if they never practice the actions that result in turnovers? Football is muscle memory and mindset. When you build the mindset to turn the ball over and practice it, you will do it more often.

I think Teryl Austin is gonna be the DB version of Munchak and nobody is talking about him at all.

Shoes
05-29-2019, 01:22 PM
This is something that possibly Teryl Austin brings to the table. Maybe he has them in drills that simulate more breaking on the football, rather than attacking the man in coverage. Maybe he works more on the secondary wrapping up the ballcarrier and stripping, punching, ripping (lawn mower motion) the football loose?

Fans can just point to empty stats on turnovers, or blogs about guys dropping footballs and say..."Steelers left some opportunities out on the field last season", "just do it". But what if they never practice the actions that result in turnovers? Football is muscle memory and mindset. When you build the mindset to turn the ball over and practice it, you will do it more often.

I think Teryl Austin is gonna be the DB version of Munchak and nobody is talking about him at all.

Man, I hope so. Let's hope it doesn't start and end with the DB's.

teegre
05-29-2019, 09:05 PM
nobody is talking about him at all.

Several on here were talking exactly about that... mostly around the time of Teryl Austin’s hiring.

I can understand why you might have missed that, because those types of (productive) conversations get buried rather quickly.

hawaiiansteeler
05-29-2019, 09:12 PM
Several on here were talking exactly about that... mostly around the time of Teryl Austin’s hiring.

I can understand why you might have missed that, because those types of (productive) conversations get buried rather quickly.

Fire Butler and Tomlin!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/E5E3PqJmfR0C4/giphy.gif

teegre
05-29-2019, 09:20 PM
Fire Butler and Tomlin!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/E5E3PqJmfR0C4/giphy.gif

#MikeWallace4ever

hawaiiansteeler
05-29-2019, 09:24 PM
#MikeWallace4ever

I miss having a front page of all Mike Wallace threads :hippo:

teegre
05-29-2019, 09:30 PM

Indeed, brother.

Aside from how clever it really was, the fact that Dodens Grav blew a gasket about it was like a giant cherry on top. :toofunny:

DesertSteel
05-29-2019, 09:55 PM
I miss the Jarvis Jones threads and SteelersCanada defending him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-29-2019, 10:33 PM

Oh yeah! And before that he was hyping up Demarcus Vandyke from U Miami that was a Raiders castoff. That guy.

teegre
05-30-2019, 06:36 AM

I liked SC. And, in his defense, he didn’t necessarily “like” Jarvis Jones. His thread (which was one of the longest ever) was simply to give JJ a “chance”... because, people were ripping the pick vehemently before JJ even played a snap in the NFL.

That said, it was indeed one of the “all-time great” threads.

hawaiiansteeler
05-30-2019, 09:11 AM
I liked SC. And, in his defense, he didn’t necessarily “like” Jarvis Jones. His thread (which was one of the longest ever) was simply to give JJ a “chance”... because, people were ripping the pick vehemently before JJ even played a snap in the NFL.

SC was a great guy, and yes if there was a Hall of Fame for threads that one would have to be included. it was the thread that would never die :lol:

pczach
05-30-2019, 11:30 AM

SC and I were maybe the two loudest people at the Forum warning people that we didn't see much in Jarvis Jones. To think that he gets picked out of everybody as the poster boy of all fans that protect and defend Jarvis Jones is hilarious and sad at the same time!

:lol:

43Hitman
05-30-2019, 07:48 PM
I miss SC, he was a good poster and a good dude. Jarvis Jones almost broke the Steelers and this board. That's quite an accomplishment.

teegre
05-30-2019, 09:24 PM
SC and I were maybe the two loudest people at the Forum warning people that we didn't see much in Jarvis Jones. To think that he gets picked out of everybody as the poster boy of all fans that protect and defend Jarvis Jones is hilarious and sad at the same time!

:lol:

I don’t know if anyone who actually wanted JJ. That said, it could have been worse; remember the a$$hat who wanted Matt Elam??? :toofunny:

Oh... right.

Mojouw
05-30-2019, 09:34 PM
I don’t know if anyone who actually wanted JJ. That said, it could have been worse; remember the a$$hat who wanted Matt Elam??? :toofunny:

Oh... right.

It's okay, Ozzie. You can rest on your draft laurels.

Born2Steel
05-30-2019, 09:38 PM

Oh... right.

There was another safety named Su'a Cravens I was hoping to get but we took some joker names Artie Burns/Sean Davis instead that year.

There was no winning hand.

teegre
05-30-2019, 09:42 PM
It's okay, Ozzie. You can rest on your draft laurels.

Speaking of living in the past, I still can’t believe I stole Ed Reed from right in front you’all.

pczach
05-31-2019, 05:52 AM

Oh... right.

He who won't be spoken of.....

Fire Goodell
05-31-2019, 12:07 PM
If you ain't first, you're last

munchy
05-31-2019, 12:40 PM

not possible. they have the secondary guru as HC

hawaiiansteeler
05-31-2019, 04:13 PM
not possible. they have the secondary guru as HC

:jerkit:

43Hitman
05-31-2019, 04:15 PM
:jerkit:

I wish we could give negative rep points.

hawaiiansteeler
05-31-2019, 04:19 PM
I wish we could give negative rep points.

I agree, munchy is obviously a troll who contributes nothing positive to this message board.