PDA

View Full Version : New WR Donte Moncrief Focused On Using Steelers OTAs To Gain Trust Of QB Ben Roethlisberger

polamalubeast
05-21-2019, 07:30 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers have several new wide receivers for veteran quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to break in this offseason as not only was one drafted, but another one was signed during the early portion of free agency. That veteran free agent wide receiver that was signed was Donte Moncrief, who has already played five seasons in the NFL with two other teams on his way to registering 200 total receptions for 2,543 yards and 21 touchdowns.

At the conclusion of the Steelers first OTA practice of 2019 on Tuesday, Roethlisberger talked about the importance of being able to work with his new wide receivers, and especially Moncrief, during this part of the offseason program.

“Like today with ‘Crief [Moncrief] a couple of times, I was asking him, ‘Hey did you feel good on your depth there?’ And just working different things out,” Roethlisberger said. “So, it’s definitely going to take some big focus.”

Moncrief also reiterated the importance of him being able to work a lot with Roethlisberger during OTAs these next several weeks during his post-practice chat with the media.

“I mean, like I say, it’s OTAs, but I’m a new guy. He’s [Roethlisberger’s] trying to learn me and I’m trying to learn him and so I’m coming here every day trying to show him the best routes that I have so I can gain trust and stuff like that,” Moncrief said.

While Moncrief has only played with two other NFL teams prior to signing with the Steelers this offseason as an unrestricted free agent, he’s had to already catch passes from 8 different quarterbacks in those 67 total regular season games played in. 5 of those 67 games that Moncrief has already played in were against the Steelers so he already had a pretty good understanding about what kind of quarterback Roethlisberger is prior to becoming a teammate of his this past March.

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/05/new-wr-donte-moncrief-focused-on-using-steelers-otas-to-gain-trust-of-qb-ben-roethlisberger/

86WARD
05-21-2019, 08:03 PM
He’s a veteran...no need for him to show at OTAs...lol.

polamalubeast
05-21-2019, 08:05 PM
He’s a veteran...no need for him to show at OTAs...lol.

I do not think you're serious but it's very important for new players to be with the team to have a good chemistry with your teammates and your QB.

steelreserve
05-21-2019, 11:01 PM
forget it man, Ben hates black people and thinks he owns the team and thinks he's better than everyone else, haven't you heard? You're wasting your time. You'd be better off staying home and smoking blunts with rappers.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-21-2019, 11:18 PM
forget it man, Ben hates black people and thinks he owns the team and thinks he's better than everyone else, haven't you heard? You're wasting your time. You'd be better off staying home and smoking blunts with rappers.

Woah, I never heard that Ben hates black people. :jawdrop: Where did that come from? Link please.

polamalubeast
05-22-2019, 01:42 AM
Woah, I never heard that Ben hates black people. :jawdrop: Where did that come from? Link please.

Rashard Mendenhall...

hawaiiansteeler
05-22-2019, 01:51 AM
Rashard Mendenhall...

yup, Ben and the US Government conspired together to fake the 9-11 attacks.

Fire Goodell
05-22-2019, 12:14 PM

It seems like any conflict or disagreement between a black and white player, no matter what the reason, becomes a spat over race somehow. Honestly this is getting old and I'm sick of it. I guess in the current day you can't call someone an a-hole without being called a racist?

steelreserve
05-22-2019, 12:33 PM
It seems like any conflict or disagreement between a black and white player, no matter what the reason, becomes a spat over race somehow. Honestly this is getting old and I'm sick of it. I guess in the current day you can't call someone an a-hole without being called a racist?

Whoa, careful man. Did no one tell you that you aren't allowed to use common sense anymore? The Thought Police should be in touch with you shortly ...

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-22-2019, 02:28 PM
Rashard Mendenhall...

OK, now I remember. a tweet by one ex player and that is how the story took off https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex-steelers-rb-backtracks-after-calling-ben-roethlisberger-a-racist-quarterback/ar-BBVQq4W