PDA

View Full Version : Steelers rivalries

7SteelGal43
06-02-2010, 01:34 PM
We all know our rivals, the Ravens, the Browns. But who else do y'all see as rivals ? In my mind, the Titans have become a pretty big rival now. 'Course, it could just be that I live in Memphis.

xX-TSK-Xx
06-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah the Titans are a good rival. Especially after the stunt they pulled in '08. Other than that when I think of the best rivalries, I think of teams that are similar to ours. Jacksonville for example was probably our biggest non-conference rival in the mid and late 2000's. I like the hard nosed, drag 'em out, punch fests. Thats why I think Ravens-Steelers is the best rivalry in football today. No love loss.

SteelerSal
06-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Yeah..the Jags were the first to come to mind, outside our division. Absolute thorn in our backsides, the last half dozen times or more when we had to play them.

SteelerSal
06-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Oh I'd like to add...I really miss the old Oilers rivalries back in the day before they moved cities and changed names.

SteelGhost
06-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Titans, Jags, Pats*, Cryboys

steelpride12
06-02-2010, 03:12 PM
I think the Pats are a good rival against us. The games are always passionate and physical!

Prok
06-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Even though the clowns have sucked in recent years I still put them as most hated rival.

The patty's have become a rival due them knowing every freaking play we were going to run in those AFCCG's. Still boils my blood how uncannily they caught us off-guard on defense too !!

vasteeler
06-02-2010, 03:25 PM
aside from the obvious 5 i would put oakland in there . i know its hasent meant much lately although they have beaten us the last couple of times we played them

Prok
06-02-2010, 03:49 PM
aside from the obvious 5 i would put oakland in there . i know its hasent meant much lately although they have beaten us the last couple of times we played them

Oakland has been our kryptonite lately. We had NO business losing to them in recent seasons.

BuddhaBus
06-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Oakland has been our kryptonite lately. We had NO business losing to them in recent seasons.

UGH! Don't remind me. :frusty: :mad2: :doh2:

BlastFurnace
06-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Outside of our division:

Patriots - still bad blood between the two teams
Cowboys - the 70's battles fuel this. I don't think this will ever pass.
Titans - former divisional foe. Too many heated games in the past to let this pass
Jags - Same as Titans

Other teams and why they are interesting:

Cardinals - as long as Whiz is there, it will be something special when we play them
Jets - the New Jersey Ravens now have one of our players. This will be an interesting game.

tube517
06-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Even though they play them very rarely, The Cryboys are ALWAYS a rival. A difference in philosophy, players, owners, coaches, cities. That game in 2008 brought back memories of the 70's and also the game in 2004 when Ben brought the Steelers back to win in Dallas. The way Deshea took the game (in 2008) and stuffed it in Romo's mouth was a bitter pill for the Cryboys fans. I am being biased but I have so many friends who like that dumb team, it's sickening.

Prok
06-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Even though they play them very rarely, The Cryboys are ALWAYS a rival. A difference in philosophy, players, owners, coaches, cities. That game in 2008 brought back memories of the 70's and also the game in 2004 when Ben brought the Steelers back to win in Dallas. The way Deshea took the game (in 2008) and stuffed it in Romo's mouth was a bitter pill for the Cryboys fans. I am being biased but I have so many friends who like that dumb team, it's sickening.

I got a brother, sister and bro-in-law who are cowboys fans.
More agony: I grew up in Greene county PA. I have 9 bro's and sisters. Our parents moved us to cleveland when i was 12 or 13. Half of them turned into clowns fans.

Rough childhood. LOL

TroysBarber
06-02-2010, 05:34 PM

Back in the 70's the raiders were a bigger rival than our division opponents. Seems like we met every year in the playoffs, and those 2 teams hated each other more than the Steelers and Ravens hate each other now.

The Duke
06-02-2010, 06:18 PM
To me, everyone's a rival right now

Especially that team from atlanta....

steelerdude15
06-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Oakland was once a good rival and the Oilers/Titans rival isn't as big as it used to be IMO. The Patriots-Steelers rival isn't as big anymore, I could see the Chargers becoming another good future rival.

RushHard34
06-02-2010, 07:09 PM
I know the Browns have been a late rival, but they really havnt been a rival as of late because of our total domination.

But i've enjoyed games vs the Titans, and *Pats as of late.