PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the NFL wants the Steelers to go 4-0 ?

venom
09-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Do you think the NFL Brass or the Commish want the Steelers to go 4-0 ? Will Big Ben " laugh off " the suspension due to it didn't hurt the Steelers during the first month ?

SteelerSal
09-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Do you think the NFL Brass or the Commish want the Steelers to go 4-0 ? Will Big Ben " laugh off " the suspension due to it didn't hurt the Steelers during the first month ?

First part, NFL don't care whether we go 0-4 or 4-0.

Second part, No. I don't think Ben will laugh anything off....he aint out of the woods yet when it comes to us fans and his teamates trusting whether or not he will be on the straight and narrow path from now on. IMO

SteelerEmpire
09-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Yes... why not...

Nadroj 20
09-27-2010, 09:34 AM
No Ben wont laugh it off because even though we would be 4-0 and at the very least we will be 3-1...he didnt get to play. Thats something every player should HATE, and I'm sure the team winning and having success without Ben is making it even harder on him.

Kaeg
09-27-2010, 01:16 PM
NFL organization in general? I'd say doesn't matter. (Well, maybe with Goodell.) The whole 31 other teams? Yea...I think they may care a little bit that we go 4-0 before we get our offense really going. Who would want to face the Ben Steelers when they see we soundly beat teams without him?
RUN AND HIDE, 31 OTHER TEAMS! RUN AND HIDE!
(Disclaimer: All preceding bravado contingent upon the Steelers going 4-0 in the first 4 games without Ben Roethlisberger. Restrictions may apply. Offer void where prohibited.Thank you.)

Vis
09-27-2010, 01:21 PM
The NFL doesn't care. I don't think Ben will laugh off anything especially not looking as indispensable as people thought he was.

SteelerSal
09-27-2010, 01:26 PM
(Disclaimer: All preceding bravado contingent upon the Steelers going 4-0 in the first 4 games without Ben Roethlisberger. Restrictions may apply. Offer void where prohibited.Thank you.)

LMAO!!!

Carolina Steelers
09-27-2010, 07:35 PM
NFL organization in general? I'd say doesn't matter. (Well, maybe with Goodell.) The whole 31 other teams? Yea...I think they may care a little bit that we go 4-0 before we get our offense really going. Who would want to face the Ben Steelers when they see we soundly beat teams without him?
RUN AND HIDE, 31 OTHER TEAMS! RUN AND HIDE!

:rofl2:

7SteelGal43
09-27-2010, 08:11 PM
First part, NFL don't care whether we go 0-4 or 4-0.

Second part, No. I don't think Ben will laugh anything off....he aint out of the woods yet when it comes to us fans and his teamates trusting whether or not he will be on the straight and narrow path from now on. IMO

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/m2rtymcf1y/EdMcmahon.jpg

you are corRECT, sir

salamander
09-27-2010, 08:16 PM
If I had to guess, I'd actually say that this would motivate Ben to want to do well and keep the winning going.

Galax Steeler
09-28-2010, 03:39 AM
If I had to guess, I'd actually say that this would motivate Ben to want to do well and keep the winning going.

Yep agreed Ben is probably loving this knowing the weapons he has on offense when he returns and the defense on the other side of the ball to protect the lead.

cakmakli
09-28-2010, 05:53 AM
I'll go out on a limb here and say no one's cares more if we go 4 - 0 then Baltimore.

But as for the NFL I'd say they they wouldn't mind at all. It would make Ben's return that much more of a media event and would increase interest in the game.

Texasteel
09-28-2010, 06:08 AM
I don't thing the league cares, but I think there are few teams that don't like seeing us a 3-0. I also think the comish would like to see everyone finish 0-16 except the Pantywaists.

HometownGal
09-28-2010, 06:58 AM
I'm pretty much in line with what others have said with regard to the NFL. I really don't think it matters to them either way. They're still making their money and that's what it all boils down to with them.

I don't think Ben will laugh off anything. I believe Ben having to sit out these 4 games will be an epiphany of sorts and open his eyes to the fact that the Steelers can win without him. GoodHell's "time out" may make him even more determined to show his teammates (and the fans) that he, too, is a vital asset to the team and can make them even stronger than they already are.

steelreserve
09-28-2010, 07:15 AM
The NFL, as in the league office - no, they couldn't care less. All they want is for every game to sell out and everyone to buy the officially licensed team apparel, and for no QB to ever get tackled too hard because the precious widdle snowflakes might break a fingernail.

As for the other teams, I think they don't care either whether we're 4-0 or 3-1; we've proven that we're for real either way. What they'd probably love to see is for us to go 4-0 and lose our first game or two after Ben comes back. That would have everyone talking about mental issues, and questioning the team chemistry, and wondering whether Ben lost his edge. I don't believe for a second that he will, because if there's one thing I've come to understand about him, it's that he's a pro who performs regardless of what kind of outside pressure is on him, and lord knows he's had plenty of that in his career. Just fair warning: That's what will happen if it plays out that way though.

Dino 6 Rings
09-28-2010, 08:45 AM
I don't care what the NFL wants....I want 4-0!

tube517
09-28-2010, 08:46 AM
I don't care what the NFL wants....I want 4-0!

This. Except I want the 7th Lombardi Trophy.

CPanther95
09-28-2010, 09:12 AM
If I were a starting QB, I wouldn't be laughing at my team going 4-0 without me. I'd be happy, but it sure puts the pressure on.