PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2019 NFL Draft Spotlight: Akron LB Ulysees Gilbert

Shoes
05-15-2019, 07:57 PM
One of the more under the radar picks in this draft was Ulysees Gilbert. Sure he's a late round pick, and there are a lot of obstacles to his success. Some would be quick to point out that based solely on his draft position he doesn't even have that great a chance of making the team. I'm not saying the guy is my favorite to win the Defensive Rookie of the Year award, though. There's a lot more to be excited about for Gilbert than for a lot of other 6th round picks.
Let's look at some of those reasons:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/5/6/18534491/spotlight-on-ulysees-gilbert

Six Rings
05-15-2019, 08:00 PM
Buggs is the 6th round pick to watch. I think he gets a hat as a rookie and surprises with good play.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-16-2019, 10:52 AM
I think all 3 of the 6th round picks will make the 53. Buggs will fill in the rotation as the #5 D lineman. Sutton Smith I think is going to show a real ability to be productive in the special teams coverage game and will have a knack of getting to the QB, but special teams is the only way he gets a helmet on Sundays.

UGIII is a faster version of LJ Fort. A ILB that is better in coverage, than he is in the run game. But, with Willams, Barron, Bush and Matakevich in front of him...he is going to have to show that his special teams play and upside between the tackles can replace Matakevich on the roster. Not sure the Steelers will go with Vince Williams and 3 undersized but quick ILB on the roster.

ALLD
05-16-2019, 03:30 PM
Was he named after the Greek hero or the US General that saved the Union?

Born2Steel
05-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Was he named after the Greek hero or the US General that saved the Union?

Both. Those guys are long dead. :smoker: