PDA

View Full Version : What type of value do the Steelers place on the Tight End position?

Six Rings
05-11-2019, 10:24 AM
I would say less than most teams. Curious to the thoughts of the other posters.

tube517
05-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Ask Shoes...... :ranger: :chuckle:

Born2Steel
05-12-2019, 02:53 PM
TEs that are both good inline blockers as well as dependable receivers are a bit rare. If you look at all the TEs that have come through in the last few years since Heath retired I think it looks like they have been looking for one though. Jesse James has been the best of the bunch and he wasn't really worth a 2nd contract here either. A healthy McDonald has been a 'Godsend'. Grimble has improved but still isn't quite it. Green impressed but that darn concussion thing. Orndoff became a Jagoff. McGee tore his achilles so there went his shot. Remember Will Johnson, Cameron Clear, Pharoah McKever? Johnson had a little run and reminds me a lot of how Jaylen Samuels could be used in this offense(RB/FB/TE). Any chance Trevor Wood makes the cut this year? What about Gentry? Is there anyone worthy to bring in from the FA list currently?

I think the Steelers value the TE position. I don't think that value is as high as fixing some defensive issues first though. Hopefully that has been mostly repaired now.

http://steelcurtainrising.com/2017/05/steelers-tight-end-history-heath-cunningham-green-bruener-mularkey-riemersma.html/

DesertSteel
05-12-2019, 03:09 PM
I think they feel they have a good one in McDonald... He showed lots of skill this past year; hopefully he can remain healthy and be a 50/750/8 guy for them this coming season. Depth is a concern though IMO.