PDA

View Full Version : SI - Jeff Reed wants to help Chris Boswell

AtlantaDan
05-11-2019, 10:01 AM
Article in SI on the Steelers kicking woes in 2018 from the perspective of ..... Jeff Reed

How Kicking Killed the 2018 Steelers—and What To Do About It for 2019

For what it’s worth, Reed believes he could have helped Boswell through his 2018 struggles. Reed works in the CBD industry now, but he coaches high school kickers in his spare time....

Reed thinks Boswell’s problem is entirely mental. “I can see it in his face, I can read his body language,” Reed says. “If he misses a kick, nobody’s coming over to the sideline and saying, ‘C’mon, bro, it’s all good. Make the next one. We’ll need you to hit a game-winner.’ There’s none of that, man.” Reed says he saw Marcel Pastoor, the Steelers’ assistant strength coach, try to console Boswell on the sideline last season, but not many others. “Where’s the love from the team?” Reed asks. “O.K., he’s struggled a bit. Pick him up! ...

The solution, Reed says, is for Boswell to loosen up a bit, and Reed says he told Colbert that Boswell “needs to learn how to have fun.” Reed knows how that sounds, coming from him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/05/10/pittsburgh-steelers-kicking-chris-boswell-missed-field-goals-extra-points-jeff-reed

So this is Reed's advice to Boswell? :noidea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyvS0zXsDX4

FWIW "CBD industry" refers to the acronym for Cannabidiol (https://www.projectcbd.org/cannabis-terms/cannabidiol), the compound found in the resinous flower of cannabis - not surprising Skippy would pursue that as his life's work :rolleyes:

teegre
05-11-2019, 10:09 AM
In before “paper towel dispenser” jokes...

Six Rings
05-11-2019, 10:37 AM
​Boswell's confidence hangs by a thread. I'm surprised Tomlin stuck with him and the Steelers didn't bring in a better kicker to compete with him this summer. At 5 million a season, we need the Boswell from 2017. The Boswell from 2018 cost us games.

steelreserve
05-11-2019, 11:22 AM

God damn it, that's what I came in ths thread to say.

tube517
05-11-2019, 12:26 PM

No, in before matt spaeth is the lookout for skippy to pee in the parking lot jokes....... :chuckle:

86WARD
05-11-2019, 04:57 PM
Reed is 100% correct. You can see Boswell isn’t loose out there. Everything is tense.

43Hitman
05-11-2019, 06:03 PM
​Boswell's confidence hangs by a thread. I'm surprised Tomlin stuck with him and the Steelers didn't bring in a better kicker to compete with him this summer. At 5 million a season, we need the Boswell from 2017. The Boswell from 2018 cost us games.

This is weird. First you say that Tomlin should have brought someone who could compete with him, but at the same time say his Boswell confidence need bolstering. You cant have both. If you bring in another kicker to compete then you are telling your current kicker inadvertently that you don't believe in him.

BlackAndGold
05-11-2019, 06:30 PM

Killed the thread before it even started.