PDA

View Full Version : There's only 3 National fan bases in the NFL: Steelers, Cowboys and Packers.

polamalubeast
05-10-2019, 03:15 PM

Fire Goodell
05-10-2019, 03:19 PM
I see a lot of new Patriots****** fans everywhere nowadays. Then again, where I live there's just a bunch of bandwagon jagoffs and hardly any real fans. They'll ditch those jerseys as soon as Brady retires

It's safe to say that ANYONE who roots for NE that isn't from boston is a wagon jumper. Hell, they couldn't even sell out their own stadium in the early 90s so maybe that even goes for the fans from boston too.

polamalubeast
05-10-2019, 03:22 PM
I see a lot of new Patriots****** fans everywhere nowadays. Then again, where I live there's just a bunch of bandwagon jagoffs and hardly any real fans. They'll ditch those jerseys as soon as Brady retires

Cowherd is right when he says that when Brady and Belichick are going to retire, no one will be interested in watching the Patriots on T.V!

st33lersguy
05-10-2019, 03:23 PM

It's safe to say that ANYONE who roots for NE that isn't from boston is a wagon jumper. Hell, they couldn't even sell out their own stadium in the early 90s so maybe that even goes for the fans from boston too.

Attendance was so poor in the early 90s they were at risk of moving to st. Louis, and they likely would have had they not gotten bill parcels

polamalubeast
05-10-2019, 03:28 PM
Cowherd also compared the Patriots to the San Antonio Spurs, that nobody talks about the Spurs since Tim Duncan's retirement ..... I've always compared the Patriots to the Chicago Bulls ..... The bulls were great in the 1990's because of one player but outside of this era, nobody wants to see the bulls on TV before or after the Jordan era!

This will be the same thing about the Patriots.

tube517
05-10-2019, 05:13 PM

I live in a military town so I see all teams' decals/flags on cars. Before 2001, I never saw Patriots' shit until then. Never.

Butch
05-11-2019, 06:36 AM
The difference between the teams that Cowherd has named and the cheats is that those teams came by their success's without having a commissioner who would go out of his way to help said team.

Six Rings
05-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Cowherd is right when he says that when Brady and Belichick are going to retire, no one will be interested in watching the Patriots on T.V!

Oh? I for one will have fun watching them lose!

teegre
05-11-2019, 10:14 AM
The difference between the teams that Cowherd has named and the cheats is that those teams came by their success's without having a commissioner who would go out of his way to help said team.

I hate the Cowboys and the Ravens, but I respect them both.

I have no respect for the Taperiots nor the Bengals.

DesertSteel
05-11-2019, 10:18 AM
Here is the desert of Arizona I can bear witness that there are Steelers, Cowboys and Packers fans all around.

Mojouw
05-12-2019, 12:15 AM
Economic diaspora. Both Western PA and Wisconsin had large #s leave the area for jobs. They took their fandom with them. Don’t know about Dallas.

Butch
05-12-2019, 06:29 AM
Economic diaspora. Both Western PA and Wisconsin had large #s leave the area for jobs. They took their fandom with them. Don’t know about Dallas.

I am not from or have any ties to PA, but have been a fan since the 70s. I have talked to many packer and cowboy fans who are not from those areas. I don't get why people equate that you have to be from "Said" area to be a fan of the team (not trying to single you out mojouw)? The press does it all the time.

Mojouw
05-12-2019, 01:32 PM
I am not from or have any ties to PA, but have been a fan since the 70s. I have talked to many packer and cowboy fans who are not from those areas. I don't get why people equate that you have to be from "Said" area to be a fan of the team (not trying to single you out mojouw)? The press does it all the time.
Good point. No reason you have to be from a place to like a team. Just speculating that movement of people for jobs is one way to spread out a tea's fanbase...success is another!

chezman53
05-17-2019, 09:13 PM
The browns have more backers in more cities than any other team. Remember the Steelers sucked in the 50s and 60s when the Browns owned them. One draft in the early 70s made this your decade. You weren't really good again until Roethlisberger was drafted. When he retires your screwed. Browns will dominate the next 10 yrs with Mayfield. Also you should have won more playoff games if you had a better coach.

Shoes
05-17-2019, 09:23 PM
The browns have more backers in more cities than any other team. Remember the Steelers sucked in the 50s and 60s when the Browns owned them. One draft in the early 70s made this your decade. You weren't really good again until Roethlisberger was drafted. When he retires your screwed. Browns will dominate the next 10 yrs with Mayfield. Also you should have won more playoff games if you had a better coach.

First post and sentence like this.... we know where this is going. :lol:

st33lersguy
05-17-2019, 09:56 PM

One of those kinds......

hawaiiansteeler
05-17-2019, 10:23 PM

:jerkit:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a5/55/e8/a555e89efd126b7359e2fae1ead16cd3.jpg

Butch
05-18-2019, 12:54 AM

I'll keep this short and sweet.
1. "The Drive"
2. "The Fumble"

Nice try troll

polamalubeast
05-18-2019, 04:38 AM

The 1980s and 1990s of the steelers were bad like the Browns in the 2000s and 2010s....Of course!

If you become good,it's going to be because you needed to be historically bad in 2016 and 2017 to get out of the mediocrity to get the first pick in each draft.

1-31, seriously!

pczach
05-18-2019, 05:36 AM

Go back to your miserable life as a Browns fan. But you go ahead you foolish little troll.....dream a little bit.

I guess you can always fall back to the glory years in the 50's and 60's...…………..Bask in the glory of that....asshole.

https://media.giphy.com/media/I4Jmrcjnr8Zfq/giphy.gif

Bluecoat96
05-18-2019, 06:00 AM
The browns have more backers in more cities than any other team. Remember the Steelers sucked in the 50s and 60s when the Browns owned them. One draft in the early 70s made this your decade. You weren't really good again until Roethlisberger was drafted. When he retires your screwed. Browns will dominate the next 10 yrs with Mayfield. Also you should have won more playoff games if you had a better coach.Psst....the real Browns are now in Baltimore. You root for the expansion Browns, who haven't won shit, except for a nice case of staphylococcus.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

T&B fan
05-18-2019, 08:12 AM
Psst....the real Browns are now in Baltimore. You root for the expansion Browns, who haven't won shit, except for a nice case of staphylococcus.

:boom::boink::clap2::yup:

GoSlash27
05-18-2019, 10:05 AM
The browns have more backers in more cities than any other team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

Kids, this is why it's important to stay in school and avoid drugs.

As for the rest of your comment: The Browns are loaded with talent. The Browns have always been loaded with talent. http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/InfamousBrownsJersey.jpg
The only thing they lack is the ability to win football games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gZndxEvFNk
You might want to wait until they've actually turned the corner before saying dumb things.

I know some Browns fans and I like and respect them. No matter what other faults they may have, I can't call them fair-weather or bandwagon. OTOH... I have very little respect for anyone who jumps on another team's forum just to talk smack, *especially* when they say dumb ish.

We have members of other fan bases here who are valued members of our community. Raiders fans, Ravens fans, probably a few others that have slipped my mind at the moment. If you wish to become one of these people, I recommend you stop typing until you think of something intelligent to say. Otherwise, expect to evaporate like a hot fart.

Best,
-Slashy

tube517
05-18-2019, 10:37 AM

Fudgebackers?

GoSlash27
05-18-2019, 01:25 PM
I guess you can always fall back to the glory years in the 50's and 60's.
He can't even do that. *That* team is the Baltimore Ravens. The current "Browns" are a sad expansion team who haven't done anything noteworthy other than being the factory of sadness.

hawaiiansteeler
05-18-2019, 01:54 PM
He can't even do that. *That* team is the Baltimore Ravens. The current "Browns" are a sad expansion team who haven't done anything noteworthy other than being the factory of sadness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

Bluecoat96
05-18-2019, 06:36 PM
Fudgebackers?I have found the identity of our new Browns troll.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190518/592bde1aec564d6f405a01c19ee7ce0a.jpg

chezman53
05-20-2019, 05:38 PM
the real browns that moved to Baltimore are all retired. By the way which team had arguably the best football player of all time? Also one of the best oaches of all time?, Otto Graham played in 10 straight championship games. Buddy Dial, Frenchy Fuqua. Turnover Tommy, I remember those storied teams.

polamalubeast
05-20-2019, 05:44 PM
the real browns that moved to Baltimore are all retired. By the way which team had arguably the best football player of all time? Also one of the best oaches of all time?, Otto Graham played in 10 straight championship games. Buddy Dial, Frenchy Fuqua. Turnover Tommy, I remember those storied teams.

The quantity is also very important ... otherwise the Chicago Bulls would be the best franchise in NBA history.

chezman53
05-20-2019, 05:47 PM
took my son to a Sunday night game in Pittsburgh when we beat you. We went to a bar before the game and my son wearing Browns gear was not allowed to go to the bathroom. Nice fan base,

Bluecoat96
05-20-2019, 06:02 PM
I'll say it again. The franchise that won all those championships moved to Baltimore. Whether the players retired or not is irrelevant. The court decision was asinine. You can't magically proclaim that a franchise just didn't win any championships.

GoSlash27
05-20-2019, 07:41 PM
I remember those storied teams.
No you don't. Anybody stupid enough to say the things you've said here would've found a way to strangle himself with a cordless phone back in 1982. :coffee:

pczach
05-21-2019, 04:58 AM
took my son to a Sunday night game in Pittsburgh when we beat you. We went to a bar before the game and my son wearing Browns gear was not allowed to go to the bathroom. Nice fan base,

I see you are trying to sell your bullshit by living in your lies. You're claim didn't really happen. You're just another asshole going to another team's message board to try to stir shit up.

There are jerks in every fan base, but Steelers fans in general are one of the most accepting and classy fan bases in the NFL.

Also, the rivers in Pittsburgh don't catch on fire like they do in your pitiful city.

Go away you shit-colored ass clown.

GoSlash27
05-21-2019, 05:36 AM
I see you are trying to sell your bullshit by living in your lies. You're claim didn't really happen. You're just another asshole going to another team's message board to try to stir shit up.

I don't even understand why he'd bother dressing his kid up in Browns gear and taking him to a bar in Pittsburgh. To the best of my knowledge, Michael Jackson was never a Steeler fan...

86WARD
05-21-2019, 05:49 AM
I always suspected the Browns were the more “storied” franchise...lol.

tom444
05-22-2019, 10:04 AM
Patriots: SB champions

Red Sox: World Series champions

Bruins: In the Stanely Cup finals now

Celtics: Lost in 2nd round of playoffs

I'll stay with Boston.