PDA

View Full Version : Paul Zeise: Steelers rookie Benny Snell should quickly become a fan favorite

polamalubeast
05-10-2019, 03:11 PM
Steelers rookie minicamp is mostly meaningless, but it is an excuse to talk about the NFL, so let’s do exactly that.

Most of the excitement for this class not surprisingly centers around first-round pick Devin Bush and third-round receiver Diontae Johnson. That makes sense because both players are expected to contribute at positions of need immediately.

But the player that intrigues me the most and the one I am most interested in watching develop is fourth-round pick Benny Snell Jr. There is just something about this kid that makes me think he is going to be an excellent player for the Steelers and one who quickly becomes a fan favorite.

Start with the fact that he has great genes and blood lines, as his uncle, Matt Snell, was a running back for the New York Jets. Matt Snell is actually the answer to an NFL trivia question that goes something like this: “Who scored the Jets’ only touchdown in their Super Bowl III upset of the Colts?” Snell scored on a 4-yard run, in case you need all the details, and the Jets won 16-7.

read more

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/paul-zeise/2019/05/10/Steelers-rookie-Benny-Snell-should-quickly-become-a-fan-favorite/stories/201905100109

Fire Goodell
05-10-2019, 03:12 PM
I'm guessing so. We haven't seen a RB with this kind of power since the Bus.