PDA

View Full Version : Dulac Expects Steelers To Address Tight End By Training Camp

polamalubeast
05-10-2019, 07:05 AM

Method28
05-10-2019, 07:38 AM
By address it he means sign some scrub who will not make any impact? Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Born2Steel
05-10-2019, 07:45 AM
Who is on the list for the Steelers to possibly bring in? I really don’t know. Could be some interesting guys available. Who’s still on the FA list or a pre draft cap casualty?

tube517
05-10-2019, 08:11 AM
Ok Dulac, From where will this be addressed?

Our backup left and signed the biggest contract for free agent TEs this year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tight-end/available/

DesertSteel
05-10-2019, 09:58 AM
We should’ve kept the outlaw!!

polamalubeast
05-10-2019, 09:58 AM
We should’ve kept the outlaw!!

not at 6-7 millions per year

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-10-2019, 10:21 AM
Be on the lookout for Nick Boyle signing. There aint much out there in the way of TE's to sign.

Shoes
05-10-2019, 10:47 AM
Address TE. :lol: Should have addressed this on April 25-26

lee smith is on a Bills visit today

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-10-2019, 11:07 AM
Address TE. :lol: Should have addressed this on April 25-26

lee smith is on a Bills visit today

Honestly, I think it was difficult to do draft week. Only thing was draft Moreau instead of Snell in the 4th IMO, but I don't think Moreau over Gentry was going to be a great improvement in the TE spot.

Maybe double down in the 6th, but I still don't think there were TE's that were better value players than UG3 ,Buggs or Smith. I don't know if Alize Mack was worth taking over Derwin Gray maybe?

Shoes
05-10-2019, 11:47 AM
Honestly, I think it was difficult to do draft week. Only thing was draft Moreau instead of Snell in the 4th IMO, but I don't think Moreau over Gentry was going to be a great improvement in the TE spot.

Maybe double down in the 6th, but I still don't think there were TE's that were better value players than UG3 ,Buggs or Smith. I don't know if Alize Mack was worth taking over Derwin Gray maybe?

Well it's back to patching the tube.

pczach
05-10-2019, 02:53 PM
I think the hope is for a pre-season cast off. There is a chance that there will be some pretty good TE's released for cap savings or to make room for a shiny, new rookie.

st33lersguy
05-10-2019, 02:59 PM
With who?

pczach
05-10-2019, 03:00 PM
With who?

Kyle Rudolph broke off negotiations with the Vikings. A trade is always a possibility.

polamalubeast
05-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Dulac has always been great and credible in his predictions for the contracts, trade or things like that, so it's very possible that the steelers will at least try to trade or sign a TE.

86WARD
05-10-2019, 03:11 PM
Kyle Rudolph broke off negotiations with the Vikings. A trade is always a possibility.

I can’t see Rudolph and McDonald being on the same Steelers roster. I think the launching point would be someone “below” McDonald...based on the fact that it seems like the front office really likes McDonald.

Hound
05-10-2019, 03:33 PM
Double tight of McDonald and Rudolph sounds good. Steelers are deep at O line and it’s a Vikings weakness. Rudolph’s contract and his age with the contract is probably an issue.

Shoes
05-10-2019, 04:21 PM
I can’t see Rudolph and McDonald being on the same Steelers roster. I think the launching point would be someone “below” McDonald...based on the fact that it seems like the front office really likes McDonald.

i don't have any confidence that McDonald will remain injury free. Training camp will be scary. :chuckle:

ALLD
05-10-2019, 04:39 PM
I have great hands and can run, but my blocking isn't very good. Do you think they would sign a 53 yo guy like me off the street for minimum?

steelreserve
05-10-2019, 05:14 PM
I don't see this happening. McDonald is good. You can't just ignore him and go "oh well, he's going to be hurt, we don't have anyone."

For backups, we overcommitted to a shitty TE in the draft already ... that was one pick where you could just tell they got laser-focused on a guy for god knows what reason, and they're not giving up on their little project until the clock runs out. So that's a minimum three-year waste of a roster spot for the end-of-the-bench TE. Then we also overpaid the shitty #3 TE and penciled him into the #2 role, so he's not going anywhere either this year. Trust me, we are standing as pat as you can possibly stand on this one, unless there's an injury in one of the camps.

BlackAndGold
05-10-2019, 06:44 PM
Some TE's that could be on the block that I can think of on top of my head.

Michael Roberts from Detroit. After signing Jesse James in FA and drafting TJ Hockenson and Isaac Nauta, Roberts may be on the move. The Steelers showed interest in him during the 2017 draft process. The Steelers went to his pro day at Toledo and Roberts also had a workout with them.

Denver have a few TE's. They also drafted a TE in round one in Noah Fant. Jeff Heuerman is there #2 TE and they just extended him so not sure they'll move him. Also have often injured Jake Butt from Michigan and Troy Fumagalli whom was a 5th round draft choice last year out of Wisconsin. He was placed on IR early last year.

Another name, Jordan Leggett from the Jets. Was a receiving threat during his time at Clemson not sure he improved his blocking. The Steelers had dinner with him during the 2017 draft process.

86WARD
05-10-2019, 07:03 PM
Some TE's that could be on the block that I can think of on top of my head.

Michael Roberts from Detroit. After signing Jesse James in FA and drafting TJ Hockenson and Isaac Nauta, Roberts may be on the move. The Steelers showed interest in him during the 2017 draft process. The Steelers went to his pro day at Toledo and Roberts also had a workout with them.

Denver have a few TE's. They also drafted a TE in round one in Noah Fant. Jeff Heuerman is there #2 TE and they just extended him so not sure they'll move him. Also have often injured Jake Butt from Michigan and Troy Fumagalli whom was a 5th round draft choice last year out of Wisconsin. He was placed on IR early last year.

Another name, Jordan Leggett from the Jets. Was a receiving threat during his time at Clemson not sure he improved his blocking. The Steelers had dinner with him during the 2017 draft process.

Butt would be a good back up. I don’t think he’d be too bad in the pass catching role either. He was slated to put up big numbers but then got injured and buried on the depth chart.

Shoes
05-10-2019, 07:54 PM
Denver post had Butt 5 months out at the end of March after his 3rd ACL

Shoes
05-10-2019, 08:12 PM

Agreed.I'd try and secure Rudolph. Good hands, good blocker, "maybe" at a good price, hasn't missed a game since mid-2014 and has the experience when McDonald finally decides which games he'll miss this year.

BlackAndGold
05-10-2019, 08:35 PM
I doubt they go after Rudolph but I wonder what the price will be for him?

pczach
05-10-2019, 08:50 PM

I don't know, but they might be motivated. Here's a link to a story about the situation with the Vikings: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-rumors-vikings-could-trade-kyle-rudolph-after-contract-talks-reportedly-break-down/

Shoes
05-11-2019, 08:04 AM

What's a few million to a proven player. The Steelers blew about 40-45 mil on Cortez Allen and Ladarius Green. :chuckle: