PDA

View Full Version : Think About It!

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
05-06-2019, 12:18 AM
I'm all in on getting rid of Brown and Bell. I think the team will be better for it in the long run. What will also help the team finally is getting rid DHB, Toussant and Hunter. Now the Steelers can replace those waste of space with better players! Steelers are truly better off with subtraction !

Craic
05-06-2019, 01:17 AM
Huh? That makes no sense. DHB is the only leader we've had in the WR room it seems for the last few years, now that Brown's colors have truly shown, and I'd still take him, his leadership, and his heart, and put him on special teams over some third string .1 percent chance wannabe who is the 52 guy on the roster. Oh, and who is Toussant? You don't mean Fitzgerald, do you? he wasn't even on the roster last year (cut before the season began last September).

With Brown and Bell, I agree the cohesion and chemistry will be much better on this team. But those other names are a head scratcher to me. One hasn't been with us since the opening of last season and the other two are perhaps the only two people left to provide veteran leadership to a young group of WRs. Sure, drop Hunter if you want to make room. But to think DHB was a drain on this team . . . :huh:

05-06-2019, 03:19 AM
Huh? That makes no sense. DHB is the only leader we've had in the WR room it seems for the last few years, now that Brown's colors have truly shown, and I'd still take him, his leadership, and his heart, and put him on special teams over some third string .1 percent chance wannabe who is the 52 guy on the roster. Oh, and who is Toussant? You don't mean Fitzgerald, do you? he wasn't even on the roster last year (cut before the season began last September).

With Brown and Bell, I agree the cohesion and chemistry will be much better on this team. But those other names are a head scratcher to me. One hasn't been with us since the opening of last season and the other two are perhaps the only two people left to provide veteran leadership to a young group of WRs. Sure, drop Hunter if you want to make room. But to think DHB was a drain on this team . . . :huh: Lol nice reply and worthless DHB should have been cut 3 years ago. What he offers is what they have coaches for!

Craic
05-06-2019, 03:25 AM
Lol nice reply and worthless DHB should have been cut 3 years ago. What he offers is what they have coaches for!

Doesn't work that way. Players need older players that can teach them the ropes, bring them alongside them in the film room and in the weight room. Have them tag along and learn how to handle the press or the pregame routine or whatever else is going on at the moment. Veteran leadership is precisely why teams keep winning. It's what pulled the Steelers out of the slump in 04 on their way to their first SB championship in a couple of decades. It's the cool heads that prevail on the field and the last second coaching on the sidelines when all the coaches are focused on the game itself.

05-06-2019, 03:40 AM
DHB keeping him around for leaderships and funny couldn't stop Browns outburst at all! Worthless roster space he was!

86WARD
05-06-2019, 05:26 AM
If it’s true that DHB was the locker room “leak” then yeah...it wasn’t worth the special teams play and the “leadership” if that’s what you would call it...

Craic is right about the older players though...you need them around. Look at the defense as an example before Harrison returned for his second tour of duty...they were a mess and when he returned, they started playing with a chip on their shoulder and looked much better on field.

05-06-2019, 09:37 AM
Nobody is saying DHB was Deep Throat! Point is people loved his leadership and how did any of that help with Ab ? Waste of roster space and team is better without him! Way better off by the way in my opinion!

DesertSteel
05-06-2019, 10:04 AM
While DHB's time is up, this thread is what's really worthless.

05-06-2019, 10:26 AM
While DHB's time is up, this thread is what's really worthless. Why cause I say we are better off without a few players that was waste of space ? Point is we are also a better team without them and no just Brown and Bell.

st33lersguy
05-06-2019, 10:31 AM
Explain to me how losing one player frees them up to lose another player? That makes no sense

05-06-2019, 10:48 AM
Explain to me how losing one player frees them up to lose another player? That makes no sense Loss of one worthless player free up a shot and spot for a better player.

steelreserve
05-06-2019, 11:08 AM
While all these things may be true about him being a veteran leader and a mentor, at some point you cannot keep players around forever when they are not able to play anymore. DHB has not been able to contribute AT ALL as a receiver for 2-3 years now, even as a legitimate backup, and his special teams skills might be good, but it's not the end of the world if we don't have them. What really tips the balance for me is that you need your special teamers to at least be acceptable backups, or young guys who are learning, but DHB is neither of those.

Craic
05-06-2019, 01:20 PM
While all these things may be true about him being a veteran leader and a mentor, at some point you cannot keep players around forever when they are not able to play anymore. DHB has not been able to contribute AT ALL as a receiver for 2-3 years now, even as a legitimate backup, and his special teams skills might be good, but it's not the end of the world if we don't have them. What really tips the balance for me is that you need your special teamers to at least be acceptable backups, or young guys who are learning, but DHB is neither of those.
I agree, and I'm not arguing to keep him. I am saying there's no place for DHB in a conversation about addition by subtraction.

steelreserve
05-06-2019, 03:19 PM
I agree, and I'm not arguing to keep him. I am saying there's no place for DHB in a conversation about addition by subtraction.

Well you got that right. He wasn't the one turning things into a drama-filled clown show. He just isn't worth keeping anymore IMO. Maybe if someone gets hurt, I don't know.

86WARD
05-06-2019, 05:50 PM

I think he had one reverse that went for a big gain and that was the extent of his offensive contribution...if I recall correctly.

True dat...

05-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Wasn't a knock on Bey as a teammate and just think we are better without him and the others I mention just taking up space that better players can field. So yes we are a better team without him and the others.

05-06-2019, 06:07 PM
So who is taking Bey's spot the rookie wr or Rogers and Switz ? That is addition by subtraction!

BlackAndGold
05-06-2019, 06:23 PM
So who is taking Bey's spot the rookie wr or Rogers and Switz ? That is addition by subtraction!

Watch out for Tevin Jones if he shows well on special teams. Need someone to play on coverage teams. DHB did that very well.

It's possible for both Rogers and Switz to make the team but likely only one sticks. They have enough slot capable receivers.

05-06-2019, 06:31 PM
Watch out for Tevin Jones if he shows well on special teams. Need someone to play on coverage teams. DHB did that very well.

It's possible for both Rogers and Switz to make the team but likely only one sticks. They have enough slot capable receivers. Cool and will do.

HollywoodSteel
05-06-2019, 07:49 PM

As 86Ward mentioned, there is a rumor that DHB was the media leak that kept the stories going about discord in the locker room. I have no idea where that rumor comes from, but if it’s true, what kind of “leader” leaks anonymous stories to the press that only hurt the team?

If it’s true, then DHB is appropriately part of Tomlin’s cleansing. Best to get a new start with all laundry being laundered in house, and out of public laundromats.

We all know how that fans hate that dreaded drama!

HollywoodSteel
05-06-2019, 07:55 PM

It's possible for both Rogers and Switz to make the team but likely only one sticks. They have enough slot capable receivers.

I don’t see why the Steelers wouldn’t carry 6 WRs: Ju Ju, Washington, Montcrief, Johnson, Switzer, and Eli.

Who would they carry if they dropped one? You don’t need any RBs other than Conner, Samuels, Snell, and Nix at FB.

BlackAndGold
05-06-2019, 08:11 PM
I don’t see why the Steelers wouldn’t carry 6 WRs: Ju Ju, Washington, Montcrief, Johnson, Switzer, and Eli.

Who would they carry if they dropped one? You don’t need any RBs other than Conner, Samuels, Snell, and Nix at FB.

It's possible they do but someone from that group will need to play special teams in place of DHB whom was a very good gunner. None of those players listed are fit to play on ST.

Wish they could find a younger DHB 2.0, he eas an ideal #6.

HollywoodSteel
05-06-2019, 10:13 PM
It's possible they do but someone from that group will need to play special teams in place of DHB whom was a very good gunner. None of those players listed are fit to play on ST.

Wish they could find a younger DHB 2.0, he eas an ideal #6.

I imagine Snell will play ST. Maybe Johnson. I’m guessing Bush and some of the other rookie defenders will play ST as well. DHB needs to be replaced on ST, but there’s no rule saying he has to be replaced by a WR.

05-06-2019, 11:27 PM
I took a lot of crap in this thread cause didn't know the love some had for DHB. Anyways funny nobody mention Toussant or Hunter I mentioned as dead weight as well. Look I love Landry Jones as a person but the team is also better off without him. Point being I think these little things nobody looks at much may help out a ton down the road!

HollywoodSteel
05-06-2019, 11:51 PM
I took a lot of crap in this thread cause didn't know the love some had for DHB. Anyways funny nobody mention Toussant or Hunter I mentioned as dead weight as well. Look I love Landry Jones as a person but the team is also better off without him. Point being I think these little things nobody looks at much may help out a ton down the road!

I think you got some pushback at putting AB and DHB in the same catagory of “good riddance” since DHB is known to be a fantastic teammate and unselfish mentor in the locker room.

But no one is gonna disagree with your broader point that worse players should be replaced by better players. That’s what you’d you call a “non-partisan” kind of position. :)

05-07-2019, 12:00 AM
I think you got some pushback at putting AB and DHB in the same catagory of “good riddance” since DHB is known to be a fantastic teammate and unselfish mentor in the locker room.

But no one is gonna disagree with your broader point that worse players should be replaced by better players. That’s what you’d you call a “non-partisan” kind of position. :)Thanks and yea. Dang you Hollywood and always got to go political in the end.:ball: Post Script that emotion reminds me of Steve McQueen in The Great Escape lol.

Hound
05-07-2019, 07:33 AM
Saying the post is worthless when your the same guy who says everyone has a right to express themselves and it’s ok to complain about the team. What a freaking hypocrite. What a clown

86WARD
05-07-2019, 05:56 PM

Rogers takes Rogers spot. Switzer takes DHBs special teams spot (as a returner). It’s really that simple. Another roster guy can take up the coverage portion.

86WARD
05-07-2019, 06:01 PM
I imagine Snell will play ST. Maybe Johnson. I’m guessing Bush and some of the other rookie defenders will play ST as well. DHB needs to be replaced on ST, but there’s no rule saying he has to be replaced by a WR.

Snell has that “want to contribute any way he can” attitude. He will be on special teams...and he will probably enjoy it.

BlackAndGold
05-07-2019, 06:19 PM
Rogers takes Rogers spot. Switzer takes DHBs special teams spot (as a returner). It’s really that simple. Another roster guy can take up the coverage portion.

Sure it seems that way but one of these WR's are gonna have to play on coverage units. History shows us this. (DHB, Arnaz Battle)

It may be another player besides a WR who take this role but that player will take a roster spot from a #6 WR.

Also the more I have thought about this where does Rogers fit if Switz makes the 53? He won't return punts, he'll be behind both JuJu and Switz at the slot. This will be a interesting to watch come camp and pre season.