PDA

View Full Version : Vikings will need to clear salary cap space to sign rookies

Shoes
05-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Anyone you think we could use? Since they have Irv Smith I'd be happy to help them out by taking Kyle Rudolph. :chuckle:

The Vikings’ 12 draft picks, along with their 10 undrafted free agents, will officially begin their NFL careers on Friday, when they report to the team’s facility in Eagan for the start of the Vikings’ annual rookie minicamp.

http://m.startribune.com/vikings-will-need-to-clear-salary-cap-space-to-sign-rookies/509328481/

BlackAndGold
05-02-2019, 04:37 PM
Rudolph to Patriots?

Raiders just released Lee Smith. He was someone I thought the Steelers could trade for to add depth. Smith is a good blocking TE, hope the Steelers are interested.

Hound
05-02-2019, 04:38 PM
I’ll take a Xavier Rhodes for the Steelers.

86WARD
05-02-2019, 04:58 PM
I’m not sure this numbers are accurate. I thought that’s the neighborhood they were in before Thielen got his deal. I thought after his deal they were closer to $2.5M. Still not a lot of room...

steelreserve
05-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Rudolph to Patriots?

Raiders just released Lee Evans. He was someone I thought the Steelers could trade for to add depth. Evans is a good blocking TE, hope the Steelers are interested.

We already committed to two shitball TEs this offseason; we are not very likely to change that because we would be admitting we made a mistake ... Everyone knows we need to watch that mistake play out on the field so you can look surprised and go "What? These guys suck - no way! We had all the confidence this was a rock-solid signing; it's the player's fault for letting us down!" That plays better than "We made a couple of dumb panic moves, but thank God we got a chance to fix it before THAT mess made it into an actual game. We aren't always on top of things and nearly fucked that one up good and proper."

BlackAndGold
05-02-2019, 05:20 PM
We already committed to two shitball TEs this offseason; we are not very likely to change that because we would be admitting we made a mistake ... Everyone knows we need to watch that mistake play out on the field so you can look surprised and go "What? These guys suck - no way! We had all the confidence this was a rock-solid signing; it's the player's fault for letting us down!" That plays better than "We made a couple of dumb panic moves, but thank God we got a chance to fix it before THAT mess made it into an actual game. We aren't always on top of things and nearly fucked that one up good and proper."

This is about depth. Nothing more.

Grimble is fine as a #2 but I'm not sure I want Gentry playing much year one if he goes down.

Hound
05-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Looking at the remaining free agent TE, it’s not pretty. Simms would be a nice consideration, he has destroyed the Steelers defense when he was in Miami, was pinning the edge. Really good blocking TE

Shoes
05-02-2019, 06:42 PM
How do you not have money to pay your newly drafted players?

steelreserve
05-02-2019, 07:18 PM
How do you not have money to pay your newly drafted players?

Hadn't decided who to cut yet until they saw who they got in the draft?

That or they were hoping for a restructure or something ...