PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Switzer: Not Getting Return TD Last Season ‘Bothers Me A Lot

stillers4me
05-01-2019, 04:48 PM
While he did manage to find a role on the offense, in large part simply because Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger happened to take a liking to him both on and off the field, the reason that the team brought in Ryan Switzer via trade in late August was because they wanted to bolster their return game without relying on JuJu Smith-Schuster to do the kick returns as he entered his first season as a full-time starter.

Switzer had success both in college at North Carolina and during his rookie season with the Dallas Cowboys in 2017 as a returner, functioning both in the kick return game as well as doing punt returns. The last player the Steelers tried to have in both roles was Jacoby Jones, who failed spectacularly and was released mid-season after being acquired mid-season.

But Switzer’s numbers, seen in a vacuum, were unquestionably bad in 2018 in the return game.............

Read more: https://steelersdepot.com/2019/05/ryan-switzer-not-getting-return-td-last-season-bothers-me-a-lot-wants-to-rectify-it-in-2019/

AtlantaDan
05-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Steelers drafting a receiver who also returns punts & kickoffs indicates Switzer’s performance on returns also bothered Colbert & Tomlin a lot

hawaiiansteeler
05-01-2019, 05:25 PM
https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_photo_album/f_auto/steelers/ulrn65gfpy2czksgvigc.jpg

polamalubeast
05-01-2019, 05:32 PM
One of the keys to having a good return game is the quality of the blocks in front of you .... of course we must not have too many penalties .... The steelers have not been good in the punt return or kickoff return since at least 2005.

86WARD
05-01-2019, 06:22 PM
One of the keys to having a good return game is the quality of the blocks in front of you .... of course we must not have too many penalties .... The steelers have not been good in the punt return or kickoff return since at least 2005.

Najeh Davenport and Gary Russell didn’t do it for you?

Danny Smith has been horrid. I hate the guy but I will give him credit that the coverage units have improved over time...for the most part. The return game and penalties though...gets worse and worse and worsest every year...