PDA

View Full Version : Overall Overreaction Time

Mojouw
04-27-2019, 04:04 PM
There is one pick and some UDFA's left. But it is never too early for knee-jerk reactions! I will get us started, 'cause I got takes!

Devin Bush better be really good because they didn't draft anyone else who can play in the NFL in Year 1.

All those undersized small school linebackers are going to be in for a rude awakening when they find out that in the NFL every one is bigger than them and faster than them. Also stronger.

Justin Layne kinda seems like a better version of Brian Allen. Guess he projects to make the team off the practice squad in Year 3. Cool.

I've already decided to hate Gentry as another outside running play gets blown up on his side of the field as he "blocks" NFL defenders. Also, can anyone tell me what Jesse James is going to do for the pile
of cash Detroit gave him? Cheer on Hockenson?

The WR is going to look good running those precise routes until the exact moment an NFL safety knocks him into Tuesday. Can we just re-draft Santonio Holmes, he looked sober and in shape.

Born2Steel
04-27-2019, 04:13 PM
My overall overreaction is Best Damn Draft Ever!!!

polamalubeast
04-27-2019, 04:14 PM
There is one pick and some UDFA's left. But it is never too early for knee-jerk reactions! I will get us started, 'cause I got takes!

Devin Bush better be really good because they didn't draft anyone else who can play in the NFL in Year 1.

All those undersized small school linebackers are going to be in for a rude awakening when they find out that in the NFL every one is bigger than them and faster than them. Also stronger.

Justin Layne kinda seems like a better version of Brian Allen. Guess he projects to make the team off the practice squad in Year 3. Cool.

I've already decided to hate Gentry as another outside running play gets blown up on his side of the field as he "blocks" NFL defenders. Also, can anyone tell me what Jesse James is going to do for the pile
of cash Detroit gave him? Cheer on Hockenson?

The WR is going to look good running those precise routes until the exact moment an NFL safety knocks him into Tuesday. Can we just re-draft Santonio Holmes, he looked sober and in shape.

Worst case scenario?

Mojouw
04-27-2019, 04:16 PM
I think we need a sarcasm or HAWT TAAAAKE font....

...I honestly have zero idea about any of these kids other than Devin Bush. In fact, prior to this weekend, I couldn't have told you who any of them were.

hawaiiansteeler
04-27-2019, 04:16 PM
the MAC is the toughest football conference in the country.

obviously...

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
04-27-2019, 04:23 PM
I think we need a sarcasm or HAWT TAAAAKE font....

...I honestly have zero idea about any of these kids other than Devin Bush. In fact, prior to this weekend, I couldn't have told you who any of them were. Snell is the only one I remember watching play and Steeler Nation is going to love him. After watching Bush on video he looks like the real deal. So there is two right there I think will pan out.

DesertSteel
04-27-2019, 04:24 PM
My overall overreaction is Best Damn Draft Ever!!!
Easily better than the Steelers 1974 draft. Hands down!!

GoSlash27
04-27-2019, 04:24 PM
My hot take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq9_TzfF3Zk
I don't get overly excited about the draft. Some high prospects end up being duds. Other late picks end up being studs.
I do like the heightened emphasis on defense this year.

Dwinsgames
04-27-2019, 04:37 PM
based on my draft research .....

its not what I would have done ......

how will it pan out ? ask me in a couple years

DesertSteel
04-27-2019, 04:41 PM
Hopefully Bush makes the roster

silver & black
04-27-2019, 04:59 PM
You guys sound like every fan base across the NFL...LOL.

GoSlash27
04-27-2019, 06:59 PM
You guys sound like every fan base across the NFL...LOL.

Except perhaps the Giants :D

Born2Steel
04-27-2019, 07:07 PM
1.Devin Bush A. B if you think they gave up too much to trade up. He was the day 1 goal. Goal achieved.

2. Diontae Johnson A. I must defer to the 'expert' opinions that this is the best route runner in the draft. "X-WR" needed, Goal Achieved.

3. Justin Layne A. A riser up draft boards according to reports. Was definitely a great value pick at a position of need. Goal Achieved.

4. Benny Snell B. Didn't watch a lot of KY games but the ones I did watch were essentially the Benny Snell Show. Great value for probably the 2nd best 'big' RB in the draft behind Jacobs. Fits the Steeler's RB mold.

5. Zach Gentry C. A WR in TE meetings. Gentry brings very little to run blocking or pass protection. A seam buster/red zone target, project. I think a round too early.

6. Sutton Smith A. Football is played by football players on the football field. Sutton Smith is a football player. MAC Defensive Player of the Year TWICE! Goal Achieved.

7. Isaiah Buggs B. 1/3 Tech DT built low and powerful. Shadetree may have finally met his match for Hargrave's backup role.

8. Ulysees Gilbert C. Feels like Matthew Thomas 2.0 without the pedigree. Small, fast, good tackler. Special teamer/PS with the chance to improve to a backup role.

9. Derwin Gray B. Big, Strong, pass protector. Colbert said the RT job would be up for competition. I expect a PS player year 1 but who knows the ceiling with these OL coaches.

Just my opinion guys. Who knows how this will turn out.

HollywoodSteel
04-27-2019, 08:23 PM
Between free agency and the draft we did just fine. We can field a super bowl contending team in ‘19.

Once again it will all come down to a few kicks. If we make those game winning FGs this year, we win the division and have a legit shot at The Lombardy. We miss em and it’s ‘18 all over again.

But I’m convinced that our defense will be better this year than last year... barring any major injuries.

munchy
04-28-2019, 09:15 AM
Between free agency and the draft we did just fine. We can field a super bowl contending team in ‘19.

Once again it will all come down to a few kicks. If we make those game winning FGs this year, we win the division and have a legit shot at The Lombardy. We miss em and it’s ‘18 all over again.

But I’m convinced that our defense will be better this year than last year... barring any major injuries.

agreed, but our offense will be worse.
i think our window for #7 is closed tho
our cakewalk division is no more.