PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Legursky (and O Line).

Craic
09-26-2010, 06:51 PM
This game was as close to a perfect game as I have seen our line have in a LONG time.

First, Legursky had a very good game. On Mendy's long run, He sealed off his side of the lane beautifully. It seems that He and Pouncy play VERY well together. We may not need his brother next year.. unless we can bounce Legursky to play LT and take care of that position once and for all (Sorry Max, but I still don't trust you there).

However, even with that said, our O line held up STRONG against a very good defense. the run game which has been anemic EVEN THIS YEAR was unbelievable today-and that is ALL O LINE.

And if I remember right... there were zero (0) (nil) (none) (zilch) penalties on the Oline today! :jawdrop:

Today, I :hail: to the Oline.

SteelerFanInStl
09-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Agreed. A great game by the OL today.

Burghfan58
09-26-2010, 07:12 PM
I also kept an eye on Starks because of his injury. He was pummeling Bucs all day long.

The Duke
09-26-2010, 07:14 PM
It seems that He and Pouncy play VERY well together.

THIS

I've been saying it since TC, play them together already! and it worked. They both play with that nastiness that the oline has needed for years already

Essex- to the bench next week

7willBheaven
09-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Best complete game by the OL in a long time

Shoes
09-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Great job by the O-line!

JayC
09-26-2010, 08:22 PM
the line looked as solid as ive seen them in the past year. i hope these 5 guys stay as starters together

atlsteelers
09-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Batch did a great job at stepping up in the pocket today. The o line had a tremendous game

zulater
09-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Trai = Wally Pipp. :lol:

GBMelBlount
09-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Batch did a great job at stepping up in the pocket today. The o line had a tremendous game

Batch had a great pocket presence today and the o-line did look great.

Next week will be huge test...these guys will have their work cut out for them...

hotrodder07
09-26-2010, 08:58 PM
They really had an amazing game. Best I've seen from a Steeler offensive line in quite some time.

-0 sacks
-0 penalties
-Mendenhall averaged 7.3 yards per carry
-Redman averaged 6.2 yards per carry

It was a great game all around from them. Hope they can keep that up against the Ravens!

Devilsdancefloor
09-26-2010, 08:59 PM
they looked very good today! I hope Legursky starts again next week he earned it

tube517
09-26-2010, 09:00 PM
I never heard their top draft pick, McCoy's name called during the game. Did he even play? Yet, here is Pouncey "only" the 18th selection of the 1st round. Starting AND making the O-Line better.

And I like Legursky w/Pouncey.

Akagi
09-26-2010, 09:05 PM
When the Steelers chose to exert their will, and run the ball relentlessly, they were unstoppable. It looked like the last 8 games of '05.

SteelerSal
09-26-2010, 09:32 PM
They really had an amazing game. Best I've seen from a Steeler offensive line in quite some time.

-0 sacks
-0 penalties
-Mendenhall averaged 7.3 yards per carry
-Redman averaged 6.2 yards per carry

It was a great game all around from them. Hope they can keep that up against the Ravens!

This is why I gave them the game ball in the game ball thread.

Edman
09-26-2010, 11:37 PM
The Offensive Line is definitely impressive and showed signs of improvement. Batch was barely touched all day.

Again, it has to do with the Emergence of Pouncey. It's easy to play your position when your Center isn't flailing all over the place like a goon.

Anyway, I hope the Legursky/Pouncey Combo stays together for their biggest test yet. The Ravens are coming to town, and they're always tough on Defense. They may be even tougher since they're probably pissed surrendering 144 to Peyton Hillis and getting pushed around by the Browns O-Line Sunday.

solardave
09-27-2010, 02:23 AM
Batch had a great pocket presence today and the o-line did look great.

Next week will be huge test...these guys will have their work cut out for them...

I agree next week is the test. Here's the thing though,Hills from the Browns rushed for 144 against the Ravens yesterday. If the line plays great again next week I don't see why Mendy can't put up at least 100 against them.

Craic
09-27-2010, 05:54 PM
So I am doing my Monday rewatch of the game (got through teh first quarter almost).

There was only 1 time in the first quarter that I saw Pouncy OR Leg. not completely seal off their man. It was on the reverse. Yet, Wallace wasn't bothered by the guy that got through... So in effect, it didn't affect the game. I also saw them drive some people pretty well.

Looking forward to watching the rest of the game this week.

MULLDOG24
09-27-2010, 07:19 PM
I really love me some LEGURSKY!!!!!! Hope he starts for the rest of the year and beyond GO GET EM BRONCO!!!!!!!!

LLT
09-28-2010, 07:47 AM
It will be very interesting to see if Legursky gets the nod this next week.