PDA

View Full Version : If you were the GM, who would you have picked.

Six Rings
04-27-2019, 07:28 AM
Suppose you were the GM and you could not trade up or down. Which players would you have selected? I'll take a stab

1 ) OLB/Edge Montez Sweat. He fell due to a misdiagnosed heart condition. He is a battle proven SEC pass rusher who can do lots of things well and stood out like a star in the senior bowl Do you want to pay Bud Dupree 9-12 million a year. Neither do I, here's the replacement, we can use the extra cap space somewhere else next year. A BPA type of pick.

2 ) WR DK Metcalf. Ben makes turns speedy big players into stars, and they fall fast once off the Steelers. See Wallace or Bryant. With this type of rare speed and size, defenses would have to account for it, which means less attention to the other players, in addition to Metcalf's back-breaking type of big plays.

3A ) ILB Germaine Pratt. A former free safety, Pratt has very good speed, size production at ILB. Solid in coverage. Hits like a truck, very productive on the blitz. Here's your new strating ILB.

3B ) CB Justin Layne. Same as the Steelers. I like his size and ability to defend passes. Speed is so-so, could be better at free safety. Or he could be a man coverage coverage vs. the non speedy types.

Dwinsgames
04-27-2019, 07:58 AM
1) Sweat............. should have went top 10 so at 20 hell yes

2) Juan Thornhill S

3a) Germain Pratt ILB

3b) Myles Boykin WR

4) Foster Moreau TE

5) Amani Oruwarlye CB

6a) Lamont Gaillard C

6b) Isaiah Prince OT

6c) Travis Homer RB

7) Stanley Morgan wr

NCSteeler
04-27-2019, 08:02 AM
Suppose you were the GM and you could not trade up or down. Which players would you have selected? I'll take a stab

1 ) OLB/Edge Montez Sweat. He fell due to a misdiagnosed heart condition. He is a battle prove SEC pass rusher who can do lots of things and stood out like a star in the senior bowl Do you want to pay Bud Dupree 9-12 million a year. Neither do I, here's the replacement, we can use the extra cap space somewhere else next year. A BPA type of pick.

2 ) WR DK Metcalf. Ben makes turns speedy big players into stars, and they fall fast once off the Steelers. See Wallace or Bryant. With this type of rare speed and size, defenses would have to account for it, which means less attention to the other players, in addition to Metcalf's back-breaking type of big plays.

3A ) ILB Germaine Pratt. A former free safety, Pratt has very good speed, size production at ILB. Solid in coverage. Hits like a truck, very productive on the blitz. Here's your new string ILB.

3B ) CB Justin Layne, same as the Steelers.

The only decent pick the Bengals have made in two days

munchy
04-27-2019, 09:03 AM
sweat edge
thornhill cb
pratt ilb
boykins wr

teegre
04-27-2019, 09:11 AM
Nick Bosa

DesertSteel
04-27-2019, 09:55 AM
If I had Colbert’s job I would have taken...

1. Quinnen Williams
2. Nick Bosa
3a. Devin White
3b. Josh Allen

st33lersguy
04-27-2019, 10:44 AM
I keep the Bush trade at pick 10
Pick 66 I take Chauncey Gardner Johnson
Pick 83 I think I go with Jaylen Ferguson (I would consider keeping Layne, but the need for edge and DB being addressed at safety wins out)

Six Rings
04-27-2019, 01:18 PM
Round Four - Cornerback I. Johnson, a very tall and fast cornerback still devloping. The Steelers play a lot of five and six DB formations on defense.

Round Five - ILB Burr Kirven. All over the field, amazing production. Small like Bush, but has top hand use with 1st round type of workout numbers. Could be the other starter at ILB, and a special teams star.

hawaiiansteeler
04-27-2019, 01:18 PM
not Zach Gentry.

Six Rings
04-27-2019, 02:33 PM
not Zach Gentry.

I hear that. Rudy plays best in college. He could be a nice special teams guy and situational pass rusher. Not a huge fan of this draft overall, Bush better be the real deal.

pczach
04-27-2019, 04:16 PM
If I had Colbert’s job I would have taken...

1. Quinnen Williams
2. Nick Bosa
3a. Devin White
3b. Josh Allen

I never knew you were this good. You should be the GM!