PDA

View Full Version : I like Bush, but

Six Rings
04-26-2019, 06:21 AM
I like Bush ( Most men do ) but, there are two questions marks on his game that might not translate well into the NFL. After watching the film on him I think they are:

1 ) His ability to shed blocks from Offensive Lineman, Tight Ends or Full backs. Michigan had a top defensive front, keeping these types of players off him more often than not.

2 ) Is he's just too short to cover NFL Tight Ends at 5'11" tall?

The instincts, speed, range, tacking ability timing on the blitz are there.

LLT
04-26-2019, 06:30 AM
I watch Bush play and see London Fletcher. Same size, speed and aggressiveness.

EzraTank
04-26-2019, 07:39 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/26gsvxcFnDXCwMUcU/200w.webp?cid=790b76115cc2fbbd53514f4967782383&rid=200w.webp

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-26-2019, 09:34 AM
I watch Bush play and see London Fletcher. Same size, speed and aggressiveness.

That is a good comp. I thought of Fletcher as a bit bigger and stiffer of an athlete than Bush.....so probably why I thought Vilma, but the way Bush seems to read plays and deliver hits reminds me more of Fletcher.

To address the questions of the OP though: 1, yes he can do a better job of getting off blocks of OG's between the tackles, but guys like Bostic and Williams can do that, but not get to the flats fast enough. Bush gets out on WR screens, covering RB's so fast its something that this defense lacked.

2: He can cover TE's 1 on 1 in terms of running with them and that may deter QB's from throwing the pass, but they otherwise need to throw the ball in a spot that he wont get his hands on. So Lamar Jackson will need to throw the ball high enough for Mark Andrews to catch the ball, but not low enough that Bush or Barron wont pick it off. I don't think Jackson has that kind of accuracy.

teegre
04-26-2019, 09:51 AM
Reading (Twitter) that Devin Bush blew the GMs away during his interviews. Reading that many GMs had Bush rated higher than White, due in part to Bush’s “attitude”.

SUMMATION:
Steelers are getting lots of pats on the back.

Mojouw
04-26-2019, 09:56 AM
Reading (Twitter) that Devin Bush blew the GMs away during his interviews. Reading that many GMs had Bush rated higher than White, due in part to Bush’s “attitude”.

SUMMATION:

I posted about leadership last night and this is what I meant. I have been reading a lot during the pre-draft process about of all the LBs in the class, Bush was the one who could come in and run your defense on the field. As much as I like VW and I think Bostic is a heady player as well, it has been clear that in addition to Shazier's physical presence, they missed him in the middle of the defense getting things organized and reading pre-snap keys.

I don't care if Bush is a rookie or not, if he can come in and do that and make some plays --- it will be a big improvement.

DesertSteel
04-26-2019, 10:04 AM
I like Kate Upton, but her elbows are too pointy...

Fire Goodell
04-26-2019, 01:46 PM
I prefer shaved or landing strip

Wait what are we talking about here?

- - - Updated - - -

SUMMATION:

I'm glad we didn't get the other Devin. Someone who hasn't even played a down in the NFL already talking about $100M contracts is a major turn off. Especially since we just dealt with a player or two like that

hawaiiansteeler
04-26-2019, 02:25 PM
I like Bush ( Most men do )

we should start a poll because I think most men prefer clean shaven or at least nicely trimmed...

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-26-2019, 02:29 PM
we should start a poll because I think most men prefer clean shaven or at least nicely trimmed...

Nicely trimmed for sure. none of that 70's bush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIoACBBWJ7Q