PDA

View Full Version : the more I think about ... no to Bush

Dwinsgames
04-22-2019, 04:13 PM
I do not think I would take him at 20 if he is even there ... he is a guy I had as a 3rd round prospect prior to the combine and I let off field athletic things in shorts cloud my judgement ( something I rarely do and preach against )

the fact is Devin White had as many solo tackles in 3 years as Devin Bush had total tackles ...

now tackle stats are kind of a shit stat in many ways ( without context ) but white also had more tackles for a loss ( by a lot ) and combined tackles 100 more than Bush over same span of 2 years as a starter and 1 year of limited ( thats quite a bit more )

Being around the ball more is a telling thing ( you can not make things happen if you are not around the ball ) White is not only around the ball more but he is making more plays ... ( a lot more plays )

so if Bush was there in rd 3 I have no issue drafting him there but I am not going to draft him in round 1 because he did things without Pads that much of has little to do with playing linebacker ..

he has great potential but it comes with significant risk ... he did not acquire the stats vs lesser players in college his athletic prowess suggests he should have is a risk to think he will as a pro where every athlete is equal to the best you faced or better at the NFL level ....

I could be wrong he could be outstanding but I think the risk vs reward should be at a later date than round 1 ... ( but he likely is drafted in round 1 because of his combine showing )

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
04-22-2019, 05:48 PM
From what I read on his game stats. I don't want him at 20 and defiantly not trading up for.

hawaiiansteeler
04-22-2019, 06:53 PM
I say no to Bush also, I definitely prefer clean-shaven.

Hound
04-22-2019, 07:00 PM
If he is at 20 I take him. Elite speed and movement skills. I do not want to trade my second or any off my thirds to move up and get him. At 20 and only 20, I take him all day and I think the Steelers would also.

Mojouw
04-22-2019, 07:28 PM
Wasn't there some concerns about LVE's impact and playmaking ability last year? I know I get caught up in it. He ended up being able to translate those athletic skills to the NFL.

hawaiiansteeler
04-22-2019, 07:35 PM
If he is at 20 I take him. Elite speed and movement skills. I do not want to trade my second or any off my thirds to move up and get him. At 20 and only 20, I take him all day and I think the Steelers would also.

:iagree:

munchy
04-23-2019, 10:45 AM
i dont like bush either but not ass bad as you..............lol
id be okay at #20(because we have such a huge need) but have been beating the drum not to trade up for him. not only cuz i think hes over rated but because we have many needs and need all our picks

EzraTank
04-23-2019, 01:33 PM
I say no to Bush also, I definitely prefer clean-shaven.

You beat me to it! I prefer "hardwood" floors.