PDA

View Full Version : Steelers To Sign Former AAF Player JC Hassenauer

86WARD
04-05-2019, 12:02 PM
Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports that the Steelers are set to sign center J.C. Hassenauer. A physical will be required before the deal becomes official.

Hassenauer played his college ball at Alabama and signed with the Falcons after going undrafted last year. Hassenauer appeared in four preseason games last summer and spent time on Atlanta’s practice squad before moving on to play for the Birmingham Iron this year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/05/report-steelers-to-sign-former-aaf-c-j-c-hassenauer/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Fire Goodell
04-05-2019, 12:04 PM
SUPERBOWL

On a serious note, maybe AAF pickups could be productive, we already know they're in football shape close to training camp.

86WARD
04-05-2019, 03:37 PM
Also signed CB Jack Tocho.

munchy
04-05-2019, 04:12 PM
i hope they are both volunteers

pczach
04-05-2019, 04:28 PM
i hope they are both volunteers

They were making peanuts in the AAF. They are most definitely volunteers getting a shot at the Bigtime.

Whether they make the roster is another story entirely, but hostages they are not.

Fire Goodell
04-05-2019, 04:59 PM
They were making peanuts in the AAF. They are most definitely volunteers getting a shot at the Bigtime.

Whether they make the roster is another story entirely, but hostages they are not.

Yep. I think they were making like 88k on an AAF roster? NFL minimum is like more than double that im sure. I'm willing to bet that most players in that league are playing for that low amount of pay because they #1 - Want a shot at the NFL, or #2 - Just want to play football. Either or, not hostages.

hawaiiansteeler
04-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Bill Polian admits “hiccups” in AAF’s last days: “A lot of it was unacceptable”

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 5, 2019

Amid reports of players being kicked out of their team-issued housing and stuck with charges on their personal credit cards that the teams were supposed to cover, the Alliance of American Football has taken a lot of criticism in recent days. AAF co-founder Bill Polian admits some of that criticism is warranted.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/05/bill-polian-admits-hiccups-in-aafs-last-days-a-lot-of-it-was-unacceptable/

BlackAndGold
04-05-2019, 06:38 PM
So the AFF did indeed work?

It's getting players signed that wouldn't have had they not played in the AFF.

st33lersguy
04-05-2019, 06:43 PM
Glad some players got Nfl gigs after tom snakedon screwed them over

Dwinsgames
04-05-2019, 07:12 PM
DE Casey Sayles will visit the Pittsburgh Steelers

S Tyson Graham is expected to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers pending a physical

pczach
04-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Glad some players got Nfl gigs after tom snakedon screwed them over

There are rumors that he got involved in the league just to learn about the sophisticated gambling app, and that he was working behind the scenes with Vince McMahon in regard to McMahon's new football league. If so, it is one of the sleaziest moves you will ever see that was carried out within the gleam of the spotlight. It's hard to believe a guy with as much business acumen as him, and as many football minds involved that had a hand in running things at the NFL level could be so surprised by anything from a financial standpoint so early into the process. The television ratings were better than regular season hockey for crying out loud. It is very hard to believe that it could be blown up so quickly by the guy that came in to "save the AAF" without some premeditated plan.

Something isn't right about the way the whole thing went down. I don't know that we will ever know for sure, but it just smells funny to me.

st33lersguy
04-05-2019, 07:43 PM
There are rumors that he got involved in the league just to learn about the sophisticated gambling app, and that he was working behind the scenes with Vince McMahon in regard to McMahon's new football league. If so, it is one of the sleaziest moves you will ever see that was carried out within the gleam of the spotlight. It's hard to believe a guy with as much business acumen as him, and as many football minds involved that had a hand in running things at the NFL level could be so surprised by anything from a financial standpoint so early into the process. The television ratings were better than regular season hockey for crying out loud. It is very hard to believe that it could be blown up so quickly by the guy that came in to "save the AAF" without some premeditated plan.

Something isn't right about the way the whole thing went down. I don't know that we will ever know for sure, but it just smells funny to me.

Yeah it's shady as hell no doubt.

Mojouw
04-05-2019, 09:17 PM
Theres a recent podcast out there that paints Ebersole as a bit of a con man as well. Andrew Brandt put it out I think. Guys were promised 70k plus performance bonuses and seems like they got about half of that.

tube517
04-06-2019, 08:20 AM
Curious to see what Hines says about it. (Troy was also a part of it but I don't see him saying much)

Dwinsgames
04-08-2019, 02:26 PM

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/4/8/18300586/social-media-posts-of-former-aaf-db-kameron-kelly-suggest-he-has-signed-with-steelers-nfl-news

86WARD
04-09-2019, 06:05 AM
Theres a recent podcast out there that paints Ebersole as a bit of a con man as well. Andrew Brandt put it out I think. Guys were promised 70k plus performance bonuses and seems like they got about half of that.

There are reports out there that some players had to put their hotel bills on their personal credit card.

86WARD
04-09-2019, 06:06 AM
No,word,on anyone signing Trent Richardson? Lol.

Mojouw
04-09-2019, 12:18 PM
There are reports out there that some players had to put their hotel bills on their personal credit card.

I heard that. Oddly enough a bunch of rich guys got together and did a thing that benefited them and screwed over almost everyone else. Weird. How totally unexpected.

pczach
04-09-2019, 03:35 PM
I heard that. Oddly enough a bunch of rich guys got together and did a thing that benefited them and screwed over almost everyone else. Weird. How totally unexpected.

Where did you ever come up with something that ridiculous.......

:rofl2:

Mojouw
04-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Where did you ever come up with something that ridiculous.......

:rofl2:
https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/open-uri20150422-12561-1kzwgh8_85a1bb75.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1000%2C1500

86WARD
04-10-2019, 07:41 AM
Lol

BlackAndGold
04-11-2019, 10:26 AM
No,word,on anyone signing Trent Richardson? Lol.

Has any running back that played in the AFF signed a contract? Seems like that would be the last position teams would look to sign.

86WARD
04-11-2019, 10:33 AM
Kenneth Farrow is the only one I can recall...