PDA

View Full Version : WK.4 Batch or Lefty?

Mtn.Steel
09-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Simple enough question. Who do YOU start?

stillers4me
09-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Charlie.

Mach1
09-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Batch...Stay with what working next week.

Psycho Ward 86
09-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Batch. Why change a good thing? Besides, Leftwich won't be completely healed from his MCL injury anyways

steelpride12
09-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Batch produced offense, and won the game. Stay with him.

polamalubeast
09-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Batch,definitely

st33lersguy
38 points, nuff said go with Charlie

cold-hard-steel
Weird question in my beliefs,but
Batch should be our man.You come up with a reason why not,and i will listen.

GoSlash27
09-26-2010, 04:03 PM
I think this will be the burning question this week.
The easy answer is "Batch" on the strength of his performance this game, but remember that Tomlin ranked him 4th for a reason.
Personally, I'm cool with whichever one.

SMR
09-26-2010, 04:04 PM
B-A-T-C-H

SteelerSal
09-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Simple enough question. Who do YOU start?

Did you watch the game today? :tt03:

steeldevil
09-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Simple question after today, BATCH!!!

Wallace108
09-26-2010, 04:06 PM
B-A-T-C-H, B-I-A-T-C-H :chuckle:

(Sorry, as a long-time Batch supporter, I'm feeling awfully good right now)

cold-hard-steel
09-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Can i put my Charlie sig back up,since Dixon is out for a while?If Dixon comes back i wll tear it down again as per our agreement. I mean for you slashy old boy.

GoSlash27
09-26-2010, 04:13 PM
CHS,
By all means. You were a good sport about the whole Dixon thing :)

Wallace108
09-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Can i put my Charlie sig back up.

YES, put it up!!

solardave
09-26-2010, 04:15 PM
No Brainer-Batch.

cold-hard-steel
09-26-2010, 04:18 PM
CHS,
By all means. You were a good sport about the whole Dixon thing :)

Thankyou sir. If dixon starts again,i will tear er down.I just hate seeing him there when he can't even start.

SteelerFanInStl
09-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Stick with Batch. There shouldn't be any question after this week.

TroysBarber
09-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Stick with Batch. There shouldn't be any question after this week.

There may or may not be a question in Tomlin's mind, but no way does he announce the starter yet. Force the Ravens to prepare for both QBs.

Mtn.Steel
09-26-2010, 04:57 PM
BTW, I am for Batch all the way. He is simply soooo smart about our offense. He really should become a coach on some level when he hangs them up....hopefully for us (:

steelerdude15
09-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Definitely Batch, he played great today. :thumbsup:

Polamalu Princess
09-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Batch. He proved his start for the position.

steelreserve
09-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Sorry, I'd still have to say Leftwich, assuming he's healthy enough. I don't know if we can expect Batch to consistently perform this well -- or did we all forget about the Titans game already? Plus, I have a hard time believing Baltimore is going to be leaving Mike Wallace wide open 50 yards down the field all day.

This game made me feel a lot better about using Batch if we need him, but once the high from the victory wears off, he goes right back to being a big question mark.

One thing this game DID prove is that Batch gives us a better offense than Dixon, which essentially means we have no use for the Dennis Dixon Experiment anymore.

steeldawg
09-26-2010, 05:09 PM
BATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O'Malley
09-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Batch has a hot hand I say atay with what is already working. He is doing exactly what he needs to do to get the W. That is good enough for me, all you can ask for really.

venom
09-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Thats tough . The Ravens have better D than the Bucs . Have to go with the hot hand , Batch . If Batch can play an error free game , we will be flying high going into our bye .

HometownGal
09-26-2010, 06:27 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this without having yet watched my DVR recording of the game when I get home, but preliminarily, I think Batch is the smartest option to start and if he struggles against the Rats D, put in Lefty.

7SteelGal43
09-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Batch, of course. Unless we can sign Kordell Stewart for that week.

Craic
09-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this without having yet watched my DVR recording of the game when I get home, but preliminarily, I think Batch is the smartest option to start and if he struggles against the Rats D, put in Lefty.

You know HTG... there are a number of things we disagree on... including Ben's suspension and smoking in public places :chuckle: However, we seem to ALWAYS agree when it comes to the QB and offense... interestingly. And here we do as well.

Play Batch... to keep consistancy right now. If it isn't working, you have Leftwich coming in to take over.

I still think Lefty needs to be the backup after week 4. But maybe, Dixon will go to IR.

ALLD
09-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Very simple answer, Leftwich definitely...should back up Batch who will start.

O'Malley
09-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Very simple answer, Leftwich definitely...should back up Batch who will start.

:toofunny:I thought for a second you were going with Lefty. That was a good one.

BPS3akaWirels3
09-26-2010, 08:53 PM
It will be CB.. Tomlin has always wanted CB as the 2nd guy but got banged up too much in the past..

HometownGal
09-26-2010, 08:57 PM
You know HTG... there are a number of things we disagree on... including Ben's suspension and smoking in public places :chuckle: However, we seem to ALWAYS agree when it comes to the QB and offense... interestingly. And here we do as well.

Play Batch... to keep consistancy right now. If it isn't working, you have Leftwich coming in to take over.

I still think Lefty needs to be the backup after week 4. But maybe, Dixon will go to IR.

I'm all for equal rights. If you can drink in public places, you should be able to smoke in public places (other than any building that is closed in, hospitals, and of course churches though some of that incense is pretty darned potent. :heh:). Can't ever remember hearing where someone had too many cigarettes at the bar, got into a car and killed someone who didn't have the option of getting out of harm's way. :buttkick: I am determined to quit by the end of this year and even when I do, I still will feel the same way about smokers being discriminated against as I feel now. The government and seniors sure love that moola they get from our exorbitant cigarette taxes.

OK - I'm done ranting. Back on topic. The way I see it (not having yet had the opportunity to watch the game but going by comments here) - Charlie did what is expected of a backup QB and against an average D, did it well. If he maintains the same degree of performance against the Rats D, I'll make an appointment with him to personally kiss his hiney. :heh: Hell - I'll take a Steelers W no matter how it can be mastered and because I respect the decisions and playcalling of our coaches so much, I will get behind whoever is in there regardless of how I feel about their past (and present) performances. There's a reason they are NFL coaches and I'm not. :thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
09-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Seriously. I was so happy for Batch today. He is such a good person and is so deserving imo.

For whatever reason(s) the chemistry was great today and I would stick with Batch for sure.

Steeltreal
09-26-2010, 09:05 PM
After Batch scrambled for his career long carry. No question he wants to play ball.

Devilsdancefloor
09-26-2010, 09:06 PM
chuck gets the start "he put it on tape" as coach t says

Texasteel
09-26-2010, 09:11 PM
I would start Charlie as well, but lets not get carried away with todays game. To be honest, I have only seen one play from todays game. That was one of Charlie's TDs, and I got to say, if God was not a Steeler fan that would have been an Int, and not a TD.

stlrtruck
09-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Charlie Batch gets the nod next week.

SteelerSal
09-27-2010, 07:47 AM
Seriously. I was so happy for Batch today. He is such a good person and is so deserving imo.

For whatever reason(s) the chemistry was great today and I would stick with Batch for sure.

I agree.

it's amazing coming into camp, he was not even talked about in the QB competition....written off and proving the high paid personell they were wrong.

Nadroj 20
09-27-2010, 09:39 AM
I haven't been on since early in the game yesterday but after Batch did what he did I knew this thread would be started :chuckle:

And my opinion is with the majority, give to the guy with the hot hand. Batch gets the start.

steel striker
09-27-2010, 02:46 PM
It should be Batch and, that was the best game I have seen Charlie play.

BuddhaBus
09-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Batch, of course. Unless we can sign Kordell Stewart for that week.

:horror: :buttkick: :banned:

I say Batch as well, but don't stay with him too long if he struggles badly. If Lefty is healthy and Batch stinks it up, make the switch. I AM pulling for Batch to do well though.

GodfatherofSoul
09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Leftwich...just kidding! BATCH!

Galax Steeler
09-27-2010, 03:48 PM
I think you have to go with the hot hand right now ant that is Batch. Lefty has not played in a while and who knows how he will play.

SteelGhost
09-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Ravens D > than Bucs D, I hope our O Line protects Charlie Batch, our starter QB, if he struggles put Byron in :noidea:

Dino 6 Rings
09-27-2010, 04:20 PM
won't matter if they can....(here I go again)

Throw the ball really really really really really really really deep to Wallace....he'll be open...really really really really deep!

BuddhaBus
09-27-2010, 04:24 PM

Throw the ball really really really really really really really deep to Wallace....he'll be open...really really really really deep!

The only thing that sucks is that he's usually under thrown. Once one of the members of our quarterback-go-round get the timing of his speed down... LOOK OUT!

Dino 6 Rings
09-27-2010, 04:39 PM
The only thing that sucks is that he's usually under thrown. Once one of the members of our quarterback-go-round get the timing of his speed down... LOOK OUT!

I don't think any QBs on our Roster realize how fast he is, and don't believe he'll be that open, that deep by the time the ball gets there. Lefty hit him for a huge play in the preseason and it almost looked as if Lefty was trying to over throw him on purpose. That's the ticket.

Throw it so far away that there is no way he'll get under it...then sit back and giggle as Wallace gets 10 yards seperation from the DB and runs under the ball and catches it in stride on his way to the house!!!

BuddhaBus
09-27-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't think any QBs on our Roster realize how fast he is, and don't believe he'll be that open, that deep by the time the ball gets there. Lefty hit him for a huge play in the preseason and it almost looked as if Lefty was trying to over throw him on purpose. That's the ticket.

Throw it so far away that there is no way he'll get under it...then sit back and giggle as Wallace gets 10 yards seperation from the DB and runs under the ball and catches it in stride on his way to the house!!!

Ben REALLY needs to learn this. If he throws deep faster...less sacks! :thumbsup:

Wallace108
09-27-2010, 05:17 PM

I think the problem is they're waiting for him to get open. By that time, it's too late. If it's one-on-one coverage, just chuck it as far as you can. He'll get open ...

BuddhaBus
09-27-2010, 05:19 PM
I think the problem is they're waiting for him to get open. By that time, it's too late. If it's one-on-one coverage, just chuck it as far as you can. He'll get open ...

EXACTLY! :clap2:

Craic
09-27-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm all for equal rights. If you can drink in public places, you should be able to smoke in public places (other than any building that is closed in, hospitals, and of course churches though some of that incense is pretty darned potent. :heh:). Can't ever remember hearing where someone had too many cigarettes at the bar, got into a car and killed someone who didn't have the option of getting out of harm's way. :buttkick: I am determined to quit by the end of this year and even when I do, I still will feel the same way about smokers being discriminated against as I feel now. The government and seniors sure love that moola they get from our exorbitant cigarette taxes.
:chuckle: Didn't mean to send ya on a rant! Don't know what emoticon to use here... so... I'll go with one of my favorites!

http://emoticons.msn-beta.com/big/106.gif

Good luck on the quitting BTW. Let me know when you begin, and I'll be sure to lift some prayers up for ya.

OK - I'm done ranting. Back on topic. The way I see it (not having yet had the opportunity to watch the game but going by comments here) - Charlie did what is expected of a backup QB and against an average D, did it well. If he maintains the same degree of performance against the Rats D, I'll make an appointment with him to personally kiss his hiney. :heh: Hell - I'll take a Steelers W no matter how it can be mastered and because I respect the decisions and playcalling of our coaches so much, I will get behind whoever is in there regardless of how I feel about their past (and present) performances. There's a reason they are NFL coaches and I'm not. :thumbsup:EXACTLY. There is nothing wrong with playing MMQB, as long as people recognize that it is 10000 x's easier to coach or QB on Monday following a game, than it is in the 6 days leading up to a game. For Batch specifically, I wonder how he will do this Sunday, now that some of the rust is knocked off.

kittenfantastico76
09-27-2010, 09:58 PM
My vote is for Batch.

tube517
09-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Tomlin announced that Batch will start

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10271/1090971-100.stm

venom
09-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Batch will start . I hope he destroys the Ravens weak secondary