PDA

View Full Version : Steelers lose ILB L.J. Fort, signs with Eagles

hawaiiansteeler
03-14-2019, 05:03 PM
Eagles sign LB L.J. Fort (3 years, $10.5 million; $1.9 million guaranteed): A- Grade

Teams that splurge on the first or second days of free agency often regret the decisions they make. It's usually better to wait a bit for great bargains, and that's exactly what the Eagles did by signing L.J. Fort.

Fort is not a game-changing linebacker by any means, but he's a solid player. He's particularly effective in run support. He's a liability in coverage, so he should only play two downs, but the Eagles are paying him as if they're going to use him in that fashion.

This signing should definitely be in the "A" range. The Eagles are desperate for linebackers after losing Jordan Hicks, so acquiring Fort is a nice step toward filling that need.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#mFtj28tOHL3rS3Vo.99

steelreserve
03-14-2019, 05:13 PM
I am disappointed that he left after I only had a handful of opportunities to call him L.J. Fart.

Dwinsgames
03-14-2019, 06:25 PM
awesome , he wont be defending WR's in Pittsburgh any longer

Born2Steel
03-14-2019, 06:30 PM
Fort getting $3.5M/year.(The FA tracker site says he got $5.5M total for 3yrs) Well damn, we are currently S.O.L. at ILB. As it looks like the best left in FA might be Manti Te'o.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-14-2019, 06:47 PM
I havent been this upset since Sylvester Steventson moved on. :coffee:

pczach
03-14-2019, 07:02 PM
Fort getting $3.5M/year.(The FA tracker site says he got $5.5M total for 3yrs) Well damn, we are currently S.O.L. at ILB. As it looks like the best left in FA might be Manti Te'o.

Let's sign another ILB that can't cover anyone! :chuckle:

Born2Steel
03-14-2019, 07:11 PM
Let's sign another ILB that can't cover anyone! :chuckle:

Yep, thus the S.O.L. part. :Cry:

Mojouw
03-14-2019, 07:24 PM
I havent been this upset since Sylvester Steventson moved on. :coffee:

I’m as broken up as when Howard preseason Jones moved on.

DesertSteel
03-15-2019, 07:50 AM
I’m burning my Fort jersey!

Hawkman
03-15-2019, 08:40 AM
I’m burning my Fort jersey!

There was one??:wink02:

Fire Goodell
03-15-2019, 11:56 AM
We're incredibly thin at ILB and it's safe to say Dirty Red should never see the field. Would it be a waste to double dip in the draft at ILB? Say we get Devin Bush at rd. 1 and maybe David Long or Germaine Pratt with one of our rd. 3 picks?

I know we have Bostic but IMO he's more of a buck ILB, we need guys who play the mack, and in my opinion, fort wasn't even a guy able to do that really well. I saw him as a #2 mack, but not someone I'd consider a #1.

I'm holding out hope that Marcus Allen is on some weight training program to beef him up to play mack (he's got the frame to add weight at 6'2), but not counting on it since there's no news on that.