PDA

View Full Version : Eli Rogers is Under Contract

Mojouw
03-13-2019, 11:26 AM
Seems like Rogers is NOT a free agent.

"In case you’re curious, Rogers contract is now expected to toll in 2019 at a minimum amount of $720,000, per Corry."

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/report-contract-of-steelers-wr-eli-rogers-will-also-toll/

86WARD
03-13-2019, 11:32 AM
I think if they can feature Rogers in a way, he can help pick up some of the AB production.

Mojouw
03-13-2019, 11:35 AM
I think if they can feature Rogers in a way, he can help pick up some of the AB production.

Agreed. The offense got some "zip" when Rogers returned to action last season. He isn't spectacular but with Juju/Washington/Rogers/Switzer/Draft Pick/Other Guy, I don't see a need or role for throwing money at Golden Tate. Now if Tate wants to come play for less than the rumored 10+ million per year deal, I wouldn't protest.

86WARD
03-13-2019, 11:40 AM
Agreed. The offense got some "zip" when Rogers returned to action last season. He isn't spectacular but with Juju/Washington/Rogers/Switzer/Draft Pick/Other Guy, I don't see a need or role for throwing money at Golden Tate. Now if Tate wants to come play for less than the rumored 10+ million per year deal, I wouldn't protest.

When Rogers has the ball, he’s got shifty moves, similar to the style of play that AB has. I think he needs more reps and more opportunity and may rise up. As far as Tate goes, I’d rather have T.Williams than Tate. I still think they need a veteran outside guy, which Tate really isn’t. I’m just not sold on Washington.

Born2Steel
03-13-2019, 11:50 AM
When Rogers has the ball, he’s got shifty moves, similar to the style of play that AB has. I think he needs more reps and more opportunity and may rise up. As far as Tate goes, I’d rather have T.Williams than Tate. I still think they need a veteran outside guy, which Tate really isn’t. I’m just not sold on Washington.

Agree all the way around. Need help on the outside. How can anyone be sold on Wash at this point? He did well in preseason to get hopes up then disappeared. And that’s with Ben throwing nearly every down. Justin Hunter 2.0 so far.

Fire Goodell
03-13-2019, 12:17 PM
I like Rogers, he's a solid #3. After losing AB it'll be good to keep the other familiar pieces in the offense.

Shoes
03-13-2019, 01:01 PM
I always liked Rogers, he's made some big plays for the team. Happy to have him.

86WARD
03-13-2019, 01:23 PM
So where do they find #2?

Fire Goodell
03-13-2019, 01:33 PM

Washington, next man up

steelreserve
03-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Wasn't he a RFA or an ERFA anyway? Either way, he was going to be back.

Mojouw
03-13-2019, 01:39 PM

Washington, next man up

Barring a totally unexpected addition, Washington is the key to the 2019 offense. If he lives up to his pre/post draft hype -- then the offense will be different but potentially still really good. If he continues to look totally lost and incompetent, then the offense will struggle to move the ball and score points.

Teams are going to double Juju until the Steelers prove other players can make them pay for that. Washington would be the ideal guy to do that -- except as of right now he appears to suck.

hawaiiansteeler
03-13-2019, 04:13 PM
this is Washington's breakout season! :cheer2:

Fire Goodell
03-13-2019, 05:41 PM
Barring a totally unexpected addition, Washington is the key to the 2019 offense. If he lives up to his pre/post draft hype -- then the offense will be different but potentially still really good. If he continues to look totally lost and incompetent, then the offense will struggle to move the ball and score points.

Teams are going to double Juju until the Steelers prove other players can make them pay for that. Washington would be the ideal guy to do that -- except as of right now he appears to suck.

I wouldn't say he's bad. He started turning it up late into the system, so I think his arrow is pointing up. Besides, stats wise he's better than AB or Sanders was in their first year, I have hope.

Replacing AB overall has to be a team effort though, you can't replace him with one guy. I'm looking at Rogers and McDonald to be bigger contributors. Samuels too, actually did some good work split out wide, I think he's better than Bell was in that role.

NCSteeler
03-13-2019, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't say he's bad. He started turning it up late into the system, so I think his arrow is pointing up. Besides, stats wise he's better than AB or Sanders was in their first year, I have hope.

Replacing AB overall has to be a team effort though, you can't replace him with one guy. I'm looking at Rogers and McDonald to be bigger contributors. Samuels too, actually did some good work split out wide, I think he's better than Bell was in that role.Agreed, he was much better late season showed signs of a guy that was finally making the connections and seeing the defense and the field, more clearly

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk