PDA

View Full Version : Steelers need to slam the door on players talking their way out of town

Shoes
03-10-2019, 02:14 PM
Antonio Brown (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5698/antonio-brown) isn’t the first guy to finagle a path out of Pittsburgh in recent years, but he needs to be the last.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/10/steelers-need-to-slam-the-door-on-players-talking-their-way-out-of-town/

86WARD
03-10-2019, 04:19 PM
If the culture doesn't change, players will continue to talk their way out of town...it's been done 4 times now...quite easily and the loser has been the Steelers every time.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
03-10-2019, 05:09 PM
How do they expect it to change when the front office rewards bad behavior ?

Edman
03-10-2019, 05:15 PM
Until the Steelers rid themselves of Mike Tomlin and eventually Ben, they are just cutting off cancerous tumors and not getting to the source.

Colbert needs to be held with some accountability as well.

DesertSteel
03-10-2019, 05:25 PM
Organizational culture is permissive of bad behavior. Same cast of characters running things so I expect similar behavior in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Until the Steelers rid themselves of Mike Tomlin and eventually Ben, they are just cutting off cancerous tumors and not getting to the source.

Colbert needs to be held with some accountability as well.
It all starts with Rooney.

86WARD
03-11-2019, 05:20 AM
Just arbitrarily picking a name for the next player to throw a hissy fit to get out of town...Cam Heyward. Lol.

teegre
03-11-2019, 07:04 AM
Blount sucker-punched a guy.
Harrison pointed a gun at his wife.
Bell smokes a lot of weed.
AB threw furniture out of a high rise.

It’s not like TJ Watt will suddenly “implode”. JuJu is not going to wake up and feel the need to throw a tantrum. AV simply isn’t going to hold out.

I’ll let you’all deduce the difference.

pczach
03-11-2019, 07:43 AM
Blount sucker-punched a guy.
Harrison pointed a gun at his wife.
Bell smokes a lot of weed.
AB threw furniture out of a high rise.

It’s not like TJ Watt will suddenly “implode”. JuJu is not going to wake up and feel the need to throw a tantrum. AV simply isn’t going to hold out.

I’ll let you’all deduce the difference.

Behind the scenes in every one of your scenarios, I'm sure Mike Tomlin was there...….and the Steelers brass were in the closet watching.