PDA

View Full Version : STEELERS resemble Bengals

Moose
03-10-2019, 11:21 AM
OMG! i really can't believe what I'm seeing and saying. Being a Steeler fan since late 60s ( 69yrs old) I'm watching the mighty 'Steel Curtain' diminish to grade school play and actions. There just doesn't seem to be any 'balls' and 'muscle' any more with the coaching and ownership. Mr. Rooney seems to have lost the Family forcefulness. He is acting and operating like Mike Brown of the lowly bungholes...a pathetic shadow of his father Paul Brown. Mr. Rooney just seems to just hope things go good, not really getting involved and putting his foot down on the crap that is ruining the family business. And Tomlin ? Kinda falling in the same mold that Marvin Lewis filled for many, many year's. Just going along for the ride and letting player's run the show...or nursery so to speak. Tomlin has no discipline or idea how to discipline. The team comes out of game day UNPREPARED many a times. Team's can only handle 1 Diva, which is usually the franchise QB. Ben is our's, Brady is New England's. It's a shame, but that's how it works. The Steeler's organization is running amok. Standard, average seasons are acceptable for this F.O. now, when year's ago play-offs and championships were what fan's, player's and F.O. worked for.....and usually achieved. I love my Steeler's and always will ....at least until I finally say "to hell with this game" and give up watching football all together. I think Tomlin seems like a decent man, but maybe his skills aren't working any longer for this team. The 'bungholes' just hired 20 new coaches ( but same player's so far), cleveland seems to be making changes ( at least record is improving from prior year), and the ratbirds always seem to find a way to be a pain in the ass. If something doesn't change, we could be and WILL be the cellar dwellers. So, hopefully with the Bell and now the Brown circus show at an end......let's hope our front office finally get's their head out of their asses and starts figuring out where our BALLS and MUSCLE from year's ago are....and get that Black/Gold reputation STRONG again !! Just my opinion, hopefully I'm wrong, and now with the circus now out of town the Steeler's will be back.

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 11:23 AM
Am I going to have be on the internet all day long to have delete all these stupid posts?

Get a grip people.

Moose
03-10-2019, 11:29 AM
LOL ! I said I couldn't believe what I was seeing and saying. Just my opinion. I'm glad you're satisfied with this team and all that is happening.

st33lersguy
03-10-2019, 11:34 AM
Steelers aren't the Bengals. The Bengals got rid of their massively underachieving head coach.

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 11:35 AM
LOL ! I said I couldn't believe what I was seeing and saying. Just my opinion. I'm glad you're satisfied with this team and all that is happening.

Nobody is insinuating that.

But the melodramatic hand wringing is beyond absurd.

And from everything we've learned about the havoc that malcontent POS was creating in the locker room....well I guess people were happy to have it and the results of it. Bell and Brown will sure be showing off those SB rings in their new locker rooms.
Yesirree.

The season doesn't start until September and by my calculations, there's a lot that's going to happen between then and now.

Bluecoat96
03-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Sigh.....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190310/f96fb9f83bc14698b1e17a683d7315f4.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Moose
03-10-2019, 11:43 AM
The season doesn't start until September and by my calculations, there's a lot that's going to happen between then and now.

I know the season doesn't start until Sept.. Your calculations ? What info do you have that show's a lot is going to happen, besides draft, between then and now ? I don't think any more coaching changes will be made, especially on defense. But, I guess I could be wrong.

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 11:50 AM
I know the season doesn't start until Sept.. Your calculations ? What info do you have that show's a lot is going to happen, besides draft, between then and now ? I don't think any more coaching changes will be made, especially on defense. But, I guess I could be wrong.

Sounds like you're a perfect candidate for the Patriots* bandwagon.

Moose
03-10-2019, 11:55 AM

Oh HELL NO ! I hate that team and organization.....pure Steeler fan here! I know you definitely don't know me. I have no idea where you even come up with shit.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
03-10-2019, 05:32 PM
Oh HELL NO ! I hate that team and organization.....pure Steeler fan here! I know you definitely don't know me. I have no idea where you even come up with shit. That is his only comeback and knows most fans are right to be pee off.

hawaiiansteeler
03-10-2019, 05:41 PM
That is his only comeback and knows most fans are right to be pee off.

you're wrong, it's her only comeback.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
03-10-2019, 05:46 PM
you're wrong, it's her only comeback. Oh my bad. Well she like her avatar probably has faith that show only gets better too.

FrancoLambert
03-10-2019, 05:59 PM

That’s right, cast the Steelers in a negative light or descending trajectory, and you should go root for the Patriots.

:huh:

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 06:06 PM
Well it seems like all I read anymore is how shitty this team is being coached and managed. Every single post is ruined by the same garbage. It's beyond old.

43Hitman
03-10-2019, 06:15 PM
That’s right, cast the Steelers in a negative light or descending trajectory, and you should go root for the Patriots.

:huh:
You're right, that may be over the top, but so is the thread title. :coffee:

hawaiiansteeler
03-10-2019, 06:20 PM
You're right, that may be over the top, but so is the thread title. :coffee:

very true, saying we resemble the Bungals is fighting words...

DesertSteel
03-10-2019, 06:52 PM
After the R3/5 shock wears off, we'll all take a deep breath and realize we can't keep starting AB and LeVeon threads and life will be so much better - even if we go 6-10...

munchy
03-10-2019, 09:47 PM

im done hating them. they are a far superior franchise than ours. i respect the way they do business. i wish we could emulate them a bit
im happy having 6 rings but 4 of them happened 40 years ago

- - - Updated - - -

Well it seems like all I read anymore is how shitty this team is being coached and managed. Every single post is ruined by the same garbage. It's beyond old.

true, why dont you list all the great things that this organization accomplished lately to set them straight?

DesertSteel
03-10-2019, 10:14 PM
im done hating them. they are a far superior franchise than ours. i respect the way they do business. i wish we could emulate them a bit
im happy having 6 rings but 4 of them happened 40 years ago

- - - Updated - - -

true, why dont you list all the great things that this organization accomplished lately to set them straight?
Do you have anything positive in your extensive resume of 15 posts?

munchy
03-10-2019, 10:56 PM
Do you have anything positive in your extensive resume of 15 posts?

probably not. im waiting for them to do something to warrant one

DesertSteel
03-10-2019, 11:20 PM
We’ll wait with intense anticipation.

86WARD
03-11-2019, 05:23 AM
While I don’t think it’s that bad, the arrow does point more towards that Bengals side than the Steelers we know side...

Craic
03-14-2019, 09:30 PM

That really says a lot about yourself. Sadly.

Hawkman
03-14-2019, 09:51 PM
Of course if I were a Mod.....(which I know everyone is glad I am not), I would hit the old delete on this thread. Sorry Moose, but this is a sad thread.......and stop the run on sentences.:wink02:

Devilsdancefloor
03-14-2019, 09:58 PM
i am not happy about the 3rd and 5th we got for AB, but he was a 6th rd pick the Beard was a 7th round pick, gems are out there. lets wait until say the 1st month of the season before we as fans throw everyone under the bus.

fansince'76
03-15-2019, 02:10 AM
Of course if I were a Mod.....(which I know everyone is glad I am not), I would hit the old delete on this thread. Sorry Moose, but this is a sad thread.......and stop the run on sentences.:wink02:

Threads like this used to piss me off to no end, but I look at it now as folks simply needing to vent. I guess I'm mellowing in my old age. :old:

Well that, and the fact that I don't like the direction the NFL as a whole has taken during the Goodell era and don't care nearly as much as I used to.

teegre
03-15-2019, 06:55 AM
stop the run on sentences.:wink02:

Paragraphs... are your friends (not your foes). :lol:

DesertSteel
03-15-2019, 07:21 AM
Why? It makes it easier to not read.

Fire Goodell
03-15-2019, 01:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6amRqbEj4rs

GoSlash27
03-15-2019, 04:23 PM
Threads like this used to piss me off to no end, but I look at it now as folks simply needing to vent. I guess I'm mellowing in my old age. :old:

Well that, and the fact that I don't like the direction the NFL as a whole has taken during the Goodell era and don't care nearly as much as I used to.

Agreed. I just see it as childish whining myself, but it's just as silly to be wildly optimistic. Nothing posted on this forum has any effect on the decision making process, so screw it. If venting makes you feel better, then go for it. Not like there's much else to discuss anyway.
The only thing that annoys me is when people value their opinions so highly that they think the disagreements are worth fighting over; that any of this is IMPORTANT™.
It's not. We're just a bunch of randos on an internet forum. The Steelers do not know or care what we think.
Best,
-Slashy

Hawkman
03-15-2019, 04:46 PM
Agreed. I just see it as childish whining myself, but it's just as silly to be wildly optimistic. Nothing posted on this forum has any effect on the decision making process, so screw it. If venting makes you feel better, then go for it. Not like there's much else to discuss anyway.
The only thing that annoys me is when people value their opinions so highly that they think the disagreements are worth fighting over; that any of this is IMPORTANT™.
It's not. We're just a bunch of randos on an internet forum. The Steelers do not know or care what we think.
Best,
-Slashy

Maybe not what you think.......:chuckle:

teegre
03-15-2019, 07:25 PM
Best,
-Slashy

You shut your mouth!!!

pczach
03-15-2019, 07:31 PM
Best,
-Slashy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNVlFc48xSk

munchy
03-15-2019, 07:31 PM
That really says a lot about yourself. Sadly.

lol..........please tell me what you learned about me from that. make sure you list a lot of things too.

GBMelBlount
03-15-2019, 07:48 PM
You shut your mouth!!!

As always, thank you for the comic relief! :drink:

Still, 4 minutes I can't get back (slow reader).

https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/landscape_928x523/2016/07/forrest_gump_still.jpg

Mojouw
03-15-2019, 07:52 PM
The only thing that annoys me is when people value their opinions so highly that they think the disagreements are worth fighting over; that any of this is IMPORTANT[emoji769].
Best,
-Slashy

I like to shoot my mouth off and argue for my opinion. But I do respect everyone’s opinion or try to. O enjoy it all and try to never take it too seriously. Apologies if and when I cross the line.

vasteeler
03-15-2019, 08:18 PM
You shut your dirty whore mouth!!!

Fixed...just kidding Slashy

GoSlash27
03-15-2019, 08:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNVlFc48xSk

And while we're on the subject... Let's please stop pretending that our venting (or support) is performing some greater public good. Nobody on this forum is forwarding what we have to say to the powers- that- be. Nobody of any importance is hearing our opinions.
When we complain or act optimistic/ supportive, we are not doing it as a service to others, we are doing it to make ourselves feel better.

vasteeler
03-15-2019, 08:33 PM
And while we're on the subject... Let's please stop pretending that our venting (or support) is performing some greater public good. Nobody on this forum is forwarding what we have to say to the powers- that- be. Nobody of any importance is hearing our opinions.
When we complain or act optimistic/ supportive, we are not doing it as a service to others, we are doing it to make ourselves feel better.

Not true...I heard Ben is secretly one of our members

GoSlash27
03-15-2019, 08:40 PM
Not true...I heard Ben is secretly one of our members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjwLienADFQ
Ironic foreshadowing of our true relationship with the Steelers FO.

"Stop trying to control everything and just let go"...

Craic
03-15-2019, 09:26 PM
lol..........please tell me what you learned about me from that. make sure you list a lot of things too.
Unrealistic expectations. Pessimism. More importantly, the inability to engage in capitalization and proper punctuation.

http://2qzvey31tha82r0p1q3tt2e7.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/applesauce/files/2012/09/grammar-jpg.gif

pczach
03-15-2019, 09:49 PM

Everyone is just joking about this, but you seem to be trying to preach something here.

We are all stating what we believe to be true and share that with people of similar interests to discuss and enjoy the experience. Shared experiences and a common cause bond people together. There is also the thought that we make friends and enjoy the company of others.

I think most of us are all well aware of what our place is in the universe and the importance of the subject matter. If our opinions don't matter...your opinions don't matter.....or you don't care what our opinions are and we don't care about yours.....what the hell are you doing here? :noidea: I mean....you could just talk to yourself and give your Steeler takes inside your shed in the backyard to make yourself feel better. Going to a message board is optional.

Bluecoat96
03-15-2019, 10:20 PM
Not true...I heard Ben is secretly one of our membersMaybe not Ben, but we know that when Jameson Hensley isn't busy touching his no-no place to pictures of Ray Lewis, he likes to troll these boards.

teegre
03-15-2019, 10:23 PM
Maybe not Ben, but we know that when Jameson Hensley isn't busy touching his no-no place to pictures of Ray Lewis, he likes to troll these boards.

Ozzie Newsome, too.

Or, so I’ve been told... :nervous:

Craic
03-16-2019, 01:36 AM
Ozzie Newsome, too.

Or, so I’ve been told... :nervous:

And what about, what about . . .

https://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy127/coryswartz/lumber_01.jpg

TIMMAH!

hawaiiansteeler
03-16-2019, 02:27 AM
And what about, what about . . .

https://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy127/coryswartz/lumber_01.jpg

TIMMAH!

now there's a flash from the past...

GoSlash27
03-16-2019, 03:19 AM
pczach,
Thing is, I don't believe everyone is just joking. I think a lot of us take it way too seriously and that's the source of most of the conflict on this forum. If we would all just be realistic about the *actual* importance of our opinions about how the team should be run, we'd all be happier and get along better.

pczach
03-16-2019, 05:55 AM
pczach,
Thing is, I don't believe everyone is just joking. I think a lot of us take it way too seriously and that's the source of most of the conflict on this forum. If we would all just be realistic about the *actual* importance of our opinions about how the team should be run, we'd all be happier and get along better.

When you read my post, please don't think I'm attacking you. That was just a legit question I was asking.

Football has always been very important to me. I love it. I played the game, and have always been deeply involved in it. With that said, I also understand that it's just a game. Kevin Colbert doesn't call me up asking for my opinion on the acquisition of players, and Mike Tomlin really doesn't care who I think should be cut from the roster or how he should have handled the last minute and a half of a game.

As for perspective...….I have a son that is fighting cancer. He has a wife and a 2-year-old daughter.

Life reveals what really is important.....and football is certainly not at the top of that list.

Born2Steel
03-16-2019, 09:08 AM
I think it would be hilarious to find a forum where people debated how I should do my job. And with this much passion too. Absolutely hilarious.

teegre
03-16-2019, 11:27 AM
I think it would be hilarious to find a forum where people debated how I should do my job. And with this much passion too. Absolutely hilarious.

My career is debated to no end (albeit, in general... although, sometimes specifically).

Mojouw
03-16-2019, 11:32 AM
My career is debated to no end (albeit, in general... although, sometimes specifically).
Are you indoctrinating children with your liberal agenda again? Or wasting public money on your cushy teaching gig that doesn’t help anyone learn anything?

According to the internet, I am part of a liberal conspiracy to warp the minds of otherwise precious buddding American adults with my liberal views, area studies, identity politics, and other communist plots. Gotta love internet opinions on eductiaon! Typically provided by people who have the least.

teegre
03-16-2019, 11:40 AM
Are you indoctrinating children with your liberal agenda again? Or wasting public money on your cushy teaching gig that doesn’t help anyone learn anything?

According to the internet, I am part of a liberal conspiracy to warp the minds of otherwise precious buddding American adults with my liberal views, area studies, identity politics, and other communist plots. Gotta love internet opinions on eductiaon! Typically provided by people who have the least.

:applaudit:

As my father always said, “There are three topics of discussion: war, the economy, & education. If you’re talking about the third one, then the first two are doing well.”

So, Yes, when people debate Common Core and/or Restorative Practices, I find that it means we are neither at war nor in economic crisis (which is technically always debatable).

It it always amazes me that I have four years of college, five years of grad school, defended an MA thesis, and have two different credentials... but, somehow... someone who “went to elementary school as a child” knows more about education that I do. :huh:

Born2Steel
03-16-2019, 11:58 AM
:applaudit:

As my father always said, “There are three topics of discussion: war, the economy, & education. If you’re talking about the third one, then the first two are doing well.”

So, Yes, when people debate Common Core and/or Restorative Practices, I find that it means we are neither at war nor in economic crisis (which is technically always debatable).

It it always amazes me that I have four years of college, five years of grad school, defended an MA thesis, and have two different credentials... but, somehow... someone who “went to elementary school as a child” knows more about education that I do. :huh:

You guys should hear about it from my angle as well. Since we had our 2 oldest children so close together we decided my wife would stay home and I would work. (2 sometimes 3 jobs, whatever it takes) Or one of us could work just to pay for child care for 2 kids still in diapers. Our way worked better for us. Anyway that lead to my wife homeschooling our 4 kids. My oldest son is now in grad school after graduating with highest honors from a private college. My oldest daughter is about to graduate from that same college this May, also with highest honors. My younger daughter will be headed to Murray State this fall on full academic scholarship. Our youngest son is currently a sophomore/junior and has already passed Calculus and taking Calc2 at a tutor school. My point? If you care to read forums on home schooling you will see most opinions believe we also have a doomsday shelter for the coming apocalypse, are members of some brainwashed, racist cult akin to Nazis, AND our kids have zero inter-personal or social skills at all. My wife's own aunt who is now retired from a career as a school teacher, once condemned us ruthlessly about the harm we were doing to our kids. She has since told us she is astonished and amazed at how well educated and socially adjusted they are.

I am certain there are probably some home school families that fit better into the common thought. But most of us are really no different than any other family. My wife and I both rode the bus to public schools. We are definitely not separatists by any stretch. Just couldn't financially justify doing it any other way from the beginning. Others will condemn us but this is what worked best for this family.

Mojouw
03-16-2019, 12:16 PM
You guys should hear about it from my angle as well. Since we had our 2 oldest children so close together we decided my wife would stay home and I would work. (2 sometimes 3 jobs, whatever it takes) Or one of us could work just to pay for child care for 2 kids still in diapers. Our way worked better for us. Anyway that lead to my wife homeschooling our 4 kids. My oldest son is now in grad school after graduating with highest honors from a private college. My oldest daughter is about to graduate from that same college this May, also with highest honors. My younger daughter will be headed to Murray State this fall on full academic scholarship. Our youngest son is currently a sophomore/junior and has already passed Calculus and taking Calc2 at a tutor school. My point? If you care to read forums on home schooling you will see most opinions believe we also have a doomsday shelter for the coming apocalypse, are members of some brainwashed, racist cult akin to Nazis, AND our kids have zero inter-personal or social skills at all. My wife's own aunt who is now retired from a career as a school teacher, once condemned us ruthlessly about the harm we were doing to our kids. She has since told us she is astonished and amazed at how well educated and socially adjusted they are.

I am certain there are probably some home school families that fit better into the common thought. But most of us are really no different than any other family. My wife and I both rode the bus to public schools. We are definitely not separatists by any stretch. Just couldn't financially justify doing it any other way from the beginning. Others will condemn us but this is what worked best for this family.

That is an impressive set of achievements that is an incredible credit to you and your family. Are you sure you don't have a bug out bag and a bunker?

pczach
03-16-2019, 12:23 PM
That is an impressive set of achievements that is an incredible credit to you and your family. Are you sure you don't have a bug out bag and a bunker?

I'm sure it's right next to that food that only needs you to add water to it and it lasts 25 years. :chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you. It sounds like you have a great family. You keep doing what you're doing.

The stereotypical responses of people never fail to amaze.

Born2Steel
03-16-2019, 12:26 PM

Nope, no bunker. I'm actually much too lazy to dig one. Plus, IMO, in case of extinction event or apocalypse it's probably better to be amongst the first casualties. I'm afraid I would be 'un-named townsman' in The Walking Dead.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure it's right next to that food that only needs you to add water to it and it lasts 25 years. :chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you. It sounds like you have a great family. You keep doing what you're doing.

The stereotypical responses of people never fail to amaze.

Trust me, I just go to work and do that thing. The rest is all my wife. I only do what I'm told.

GoSlash27
03-16-2019, 12:32 PM
When you read my post, please don't think I'm attacking you. That was just a legit question I was asking.
No worries; I didn't take it that way. :drink:

Kevin Colbert doesn't call me up asking for my opinion on the acquisition of players, and Mike Tomlin really doesn't care who I think should be cut from the roster or how he should have handled the last minute and a half of a game.
This is the gist of what I'm driving at. That applies to all of us here, so there's no harm in having others disagree with us and hence no reason to get angry about it. You get that and I get that... but I think there's a lot of people here who don't.

I have a son that is fighting cancer. He has a wife and a 2-year-old daughter. I am truly sorry to hear that. Cancer sucks and I hope he kicks it's ass.

Best,
-Slashy

GoSlash27
03-16-2019, 12:41 PM

I'm in a pretty specialized technical field, so no worries on that front. :D

Hawkman
03-16-2019, 01:59 PM
I'm in a pretty specialized technical field, so no worries on that front. :D

Normally I would be one of the first to be critical of where this thread has gone, but it has become much more enlightening and enjoyable, considering how it started.

Born2Steel
03-16-2019, 02:56 PM
Normally I would be one of the first to be critical of where this thread has gone, but it has become much more enlightening and enjoyable, considering how it started.

Now this thread resembles the Bendals. Lol. Unfocused and random at best. But there is some talent here.

Hawkman
03-16-2019, 05:10 PM
Now this thread resembles the Bendals. Lol. Unfocused and random at best. But there is some talent here.

Never heard them called the “Bendals”, but I think I like it.:heh:

FrancoLambert
03-16-2019, 07:05 PM

Congratulations, you and your wife have done a great job at parenting.
Great kids are usually raised by loving, involved parents.

Personally, I’ve seen the complete opposite as a result of home schooling.
My nephew and his wife are raising three children utilizing home schooling.
All of them are terribly deficient in the basic academic skills, especially reading.

IMO parents have to be incredibly disciplined and committed for home schooling to work.
Obviously, you and your wife were.
:drink:

Shoes
03-16-2019, 08:29 PM

Fantastic work by you and your wife, heck I'm proud of you and I don't even know you! :chuckle:

Born2Steel
03-16-2019, 08:55 PM
Congratulations, you and your wife have done a great job at parenting.
Great kids are usually raised by loving, involved parents.

Personally, I’ve seen the complete opposite as a result of home schooling.
My nephew and his wife are raising three children utilizing home schooling.
All of them are terribly deficient in the basic academic skills, especially reading.

IMO parents have to be incredibly disciplined and committed for home schooling to work.
Obviously, you and your wife were.
:drink:

Thank you sir. Seriously. My wife is a music teacher by her education and trade anyway so I am sure that helped a lot. As for me, I'm dumb as a brick. That's why I work and she schools and teaches. You are correct in that it takes 100% dedication, self discipline, and complete commitment. It's funny how even after all these years my own family(Mom and them) still think we can just drop everything whenever and do other things because we homeschool. If anything it's more important to stick with a strict schedule year round because it's so easy to 'start later, sleep in, have loose deadlines, allow for other things'. If I didn't say it before let me just emphasize that it has to be your life, not something you do. I hear from teachers that I 'treat' at work that tell me how parents have zero involvement with their kids' education because they depend on the schools to educate them solely. My own personal philosophy on parenting is I'm all in on every aspect. Not that that makes us perfect but again that is what works for US. My kids aren't resentful when I ask/talk with them about school, friends, other, because it's the only way they have ever known.

As for your nephew and his family, be supportive even when they are not around. It takes all kinds of support to make it work. It's not an easy thing to do. And it's not for everybody. I've heard of people homeschool because their child was diagnosed with a learning disability and the parent just won't accept that. So they pull the kid out of school and homeschool to prove 'them' wrong. Some do it purely from a religious standpoint. Some people hated school so much themselves that they refuse to 'put their kids through that'. Most homeschoolers however homeschool within communities with a structured curriculum, class days and times, dedicated tutors, teachers, and parents. Both of my older kids have had prom, baccalaureate ceremony, and walked in a graduation ceremony of more than 300 students each. Homeschool doesn't have to be that much different from public school("regular" school).

Sports(this being a sports forum and all) for homeschool teams is a bit disappointing. My younger son plays on a homeschool competitive basketball team, and for the highschool tennis team. The basketball team is VERY good. Last season they won the 14u national championship for NCHC. The response is an overwhelming, "So what? They're a homeschool team", "They would get embarrassed by the school teams". We actually play all the area schools. And we beat most of them. But homeschool teams do not get the elite players to stay. A kid(HS Junior I think) named Tayson Parker was dunking in 8th grade. He moved on to play where scouts would watch him. Blake Griffin actually started out in NCHC before taking his elite skills elsewhere.

Here's a video of Tayson showing out for kids and cameras:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdzAj8ACIo8

He doesn't play homeschool ball anymore and you can see why.

pczach
03-16-2019, 10:30 PM
I am truly sorry to hear that. Cancer sucks and I hope he kicks it's ass.

Best,
-Slashy

Thank you for the kind words and well wishes.