PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency 2019

JayC
03-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Now that the dust has settled on the Antonio Brown saga, we can focus on free agency. As we all know the Steelers usually don't make a lot of noise in free agency. Maybe this year will be different. Who should the Steelers target?

Here's a list of top free agents available next week.

QUARTERBACKS
Nick Foles (30), Philadelphia
Tyrod Taylor (29), Cleveland
Trevor Siemian (27), Minnesota
Teddy Bridgewater (26), New Orleans

RUNNING BACKS
Tevin Coleman (26), Atlanta
Le’Veon Bell (27), Pittsburgh
Mark Ingram (29), New Orleans
C.J. Anderson (28), L.A. Rams
Jay Ajayi (25), Philadelphia
Adrian Peterson (34), Washington

WIDE RECEIVERS
Tyrell Williams (27), L.A. Chargers
Jamison Crowder (25), Washington
Golden Tate (30), Philadelphia
Randall Cobb (28), Green Bay
Breshad Perriman (25), Cleveland
Dontrelle Inman (30), Indianapolis
Cole Beasley (30), Dallas
John Brown (29), Baltimore
Jermaine Kearse (29), N.Y. Jets
Danny Amendola (33), Miami
Pierre Garcon (32), San Francisco
Demaryius Thomas (31), Houston
Chris Hogan (30), New England
Devin Funchess (24), Carolina
Donte Moncrief (25), Jacksonville
Tavon Austin (28), Dallas
Adam Humphries (25), Tampa Bay
Dez Bryant (30), New Orleans

TIGHT ENDS
Jared Cook (32), Oakland
Demetrius Harris (27), Kansas City
Jesse James (24), Pittsburgh
Tyler Eifert (28), Cincinnati
Tyler Kroft (26), Cincinnati
Ryan Hewitt (28), Indianapolis

OFFENSIVE TACKLES
Trent Brown (26), New England
Daryl Williams (26), Carolina
Ja’Wuan James (26), Miami
Jared Veldheer (31), Denver

INTERIOR OFFENSIVE LINEMEN
Mitch Morse (27), Kansas City
Rodger Saffold (30), L.A. Rams
Matt Paradis (29), Denver
Quinton Spain (27), Tennessee
T.J. Lang (31), Detroit
Jamon Brown (26), N.Y. Giants
James Carpenter (30), N.Y. Jets
A.J. Cann (27), G, Jacksonville

EDGE PLAYERS
Trey Flowers (25), New England
Za’Darius Smith (26), Baltimore
Justin Houston (30), Kansas City
Markus Golden (28), Arizona
Preston Smith (26), Washington
Dante Fowler (24), L.A. Rams
Ezekiel Ansah (29), Detroit
Shaq Barrett (26), Denver
Vinny Curry (30), Tampa Bay
Shane Ray (25), Denver
Bruce Irvin (31), Atlanta
Derrick Morgan (30), Tennessee
Randy Gregory (26), Dallas
Terrell Suggs (36), Baltimore

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN
Sheldon Richardson (28), Minnesota
Malcom Brown (25), New England
Ndamukong Suh (32), L.A. Rams
Darius Philon (25), L.A. Chargers
Brent Urban (27), Baltimore
Rodney Gunter (27), Arizona
Malik Jackson (29), Jacksonville
Henry Anderson (27), N.Y. Jets
Johnathan Hankins (27), Oakland
Tyeler Davison (26), New Orleans
Angelo Blackson (26), Houston
Christian Covington (25), Houston
Muhammed Wilkerson (29), Green Bay
Timmy Jernigan (26), Philadelphia

STACK LINEBACKERS
C.J. Mosley (26), Baltimore
K.J. Wright (29), Seattle
Anthony Barr (27), Minnesota
Kwon Alexander (24), Tampa Bay
Deone Bucannon (26), Arizona
Jordan Hicks (26), Philadelphia
Jamie Collins (29), Cleveland
Josh Bynes (29), Arizona
Mark Barron (29), L.A. Rams
Thomas Davis (36), Carolina
Brandon Marshall (29), Denver
Adarius Taylor (28), Tampa Bay
Damien Wilson (25), Dallas
Kyle Emanuel (27), L.A. Chargers
Stephone Anthony (26), Miami
Preston Brown (26), Cincinnati

CORNERBACKS
Ronald Darby (25), Philadelphia
Pierre Desir (28), Indianapolis
Bryce Callahan (27), Chicago
Darqueze Dennard (27), Cincinnati
Bradley Roby (27), Denver
Kevin Johnson (26), Houston
Kareem Jackson (31), Houston
Eric Rowe (26), New England
Morris Claiborne (29), N.Y. Jets
Jason McCourty (31), New England
Bashaud Breeland (27), Green Bay
Steven Nelson (26), Kansas City
Rashaan Melvin (29), Oakland
Jason Verrett (27), L.A. Chargers
Justin Coleman (26), Seattle
Kayvon Webster (28), Houston

SAFETIES
Earl Thomas (29), Seattle
Landon Collins (25), N.Y. Giants
Lamarcus Joyner (28), L.A. Rams
Adrian Amos (26), Chicago
Tyrann Mathieu (26), Houston
Tashaun Gipson (28), Jacksonville
Tre Boston (26), Arizona
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (26), Washington
Adrian Phillips (27), L.A. Chargers
George Iloka (28), Minnesota
Kenny Vaccaro (28), Tennessee
Jimmie Ward (27), San Francisco
Clayton Geathers (26), Indianapolis

Mojouw
03-10-2019, 10:27 AM
Kwon Alexander, Shane Ray, Darby, and Nelson. They almost certainly don't have the cash, but in a perfect world that'd be my plan.

Maybe possible to poach Alexander, Ray, and Darby early with aggressive offers. Injury and production have those players marked as "questions". Tell them you think they are "sure things" and maybe they sign early. All would be big gambles, but this FA class looks like that from top to bottom.

Born2Steel
03-10-2019, 10:46 AM
There are other UFAs not on that list. Marcus Cooper/Muhammed Wilkerson for example. Colbert says there will be some movement in FA. It's wait and see at this point. I'm hoping for a RCB upgrade.

Method28
03-10-2019, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't be mad at any of these:

Garcon, Crowder, John Brown or Tate (not really for the fit, more because I've liked him since ND)

LB...any decent fit I'd love to have lol some that don't fit at all! Lol

Mosley, Collins, Barr, Wright, Alexander or Hicks

And maybe a Safety if it's a big improvement (Thomas etc)

I'd take one of these guys, not going to get greedy. I feel they have to step out of the box just a bit to make up for some of their huge talent losses this offseason

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mojouw
03-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Personally, I have no interest in signing anyone over 30, or even 28+. The Steelers are several impact pieces away from making a run. I would focus on guys in that 24-27 range. They should come a bit cheaper. You are not paying oodles of cash for past production and then left holding the bag as the player declines.

It's not like, at this point, there are 4 moves they can make and go to a SB this year. There just isn't enough playmakers on the roster.

lt194camaroz
03-10-2019, 01:17 PM
As weird as it sounds if I was a wr fa and I believed in myself I would be drooling at the thought of coming to Pittsburgh, especially with all the production that just walked out the door(golden tate really comes to mind). Truthfully though I'm hoping we spend our cap space shoring up the holes in the defense with proven talent because the defense is obviously in most need of help. Then approach the WR position and add depth and future starters via the draft, we've had some pretty good luck with receivers in the draft and I'm hoping that trend can continue. So for the sake of this thread my FA wishlist goes 1. Darby/Desir 2. Hicks/Mosley 3. Ray/Barrett. There are others on the list that I like but not sure on the fit(dante Fowler). I cant wait for free agency and the draft to come. I hate subtracting from the team and I'm ready for additions, for some reason it makes me uneasy and I probably will be until I see what the final results are of losing bell and brown.

86WARD
03-11-2019, 05:22 AM
ILB, OLB, WR, TE, CB, S. 3-4 of those must be addressed through free agency.

Hound
03-11-2019, 05:33 AM
I’m hoping for ILB Hicks/Alexander CB Roby/Dennard/Darby and a DT Jernigan/Shelton. Probably a pipe dream, but a combination of the positions makes the Steelers D better

Dwinsgames
03-11-2019, 05:47 AM
crazy that Jesse James is still just 24 ....................

if I was in control ...

I would go get Tre Boston ( would have got him over Burnett last year ) Boston wont cost a lot and is a damn good player

I would make a run at one of the better corners .. Desir , Darby , Rowe , Verrett , Nelson ( I am landing one of them )

go into the draft needing a ILB to finish upgrading the def starters and set my sights on a Devin even if it means spending my original 3rd to move up a couple spots to get one ....

pczach
03-11-2019, 09:39 AM
Just defense

Edge

Ezekiel Ansah-I have always been a fan of Ziggy Ansah. He has had some injuries the last few seasons, but he's 29, and he has a huge upside when healthy. If the Steelers can get him for a reasonable number, he would be an awesome fit here. He can play either side. He can play inside. He can even cover. Physically, he's exactly what the Steelers are looking for with size, speed, strength, and the ability to finish that also has versatility. I know he's getting up there in age, but I think he probably has 4 or 5 very good years left in him. He has been injury prone, but he is an elite player when healthy IMO. He is also a quality guy with class. A healthy Ansah and Watt would be a wet dream on the edge with the athleticism, production, and versatility.

Za'Darius Smith- He doesn't start a lot of games, but he is very productive. He gets to the quarterback and makes disruptive plays behind the LOS.

ILB

Kwon Alexander-He's coming off of a major injury, but that's why they may be able to get him at a good number.
Jordan Hicks

CB

I loved Desir coming out of college, Darby, Roby, Nelson, Verrett, Dennard, Callahan, Jackson, Coleman, etc....

I'd take any of them depending on the money. :tongue1:

Maybe they can get a cheap price for former first rounder Keven Johnson and try to rehabilitate him here as depth as well.

S

Adrian Amos-terrific player nobody seems to talk about
Landon Collins
Boston
Gipson

If the team can get a couple guys that I listed above, they could seriously improve the roster and set themselves up to use all those draft picks they have to move up and target players they covet at positions of need.

steelreserve
03-11-2019, 09:57 AM
Did Shaq Barrett just fall out of favor behind someone else or a changed scheme, or is there something wrong with him?

Same thing about Deone Bucannon (LB / Arizona), but for him I'm pretty sure it was the first one.

Anyway, that's the kind of player we can sign. Otherwise, meet your 2019 free agent class: Bud Dupree and not having Antonio Brown.

BlackAndGold
03-11-2019, 10:51 AM
Would be great if they could sign Hicks and Desir.

Try to fill the holes leaving the draft wide open.

munchy
03-11-2019, 11:02 AM
go big for cb and edge.
dump dupree and use his 9 million
i believe you can get a stud ilb in the first round easier than you can get a edge or cb stud where we pick

draft wr, olb, cb, dt. first 4 rounds no particular order(maybe hockenson if hes there at 20

Mojouw
03-11-2019, 02:16 PM
So the initial numbers getting reported means that the Steelers will not be signing anyone...ever. The numbers are absolutely staggering and often just stupid.

The Lions just made Justin Coleman the highest paid nickelback in the league. Like, why?
The 49ers just made Kwon Alexander the highest paid inside linebacker in football? Again...why?

I get that every year the cap goes up so salaries go up along with it. I also get that when you have oodles of cap space, go get your guy. But these initial contracts are simply astounding.

Playing it out, Mosley should not take a penny less than 16-18 million per year. He has to be worth a few million more than the 13.5 per year that Alexander got!

Also backs up the point many have talked about around here, $20 million is not really enough cap space to go get a "guy". Now it looks like not enough to go get "the guy with lots of question marks that might kinda sorta look like the guy if you squint really hard and hope".

Inflation sucks. And yes, I realize that I was just posting in another thread about how the players think they aren't paid well enough. But as a fan....sheesh!

tube517
03-11-2019, 02:16 PM

Not sure if true considering the source.

Mojouw
03-11-2019, 02:18 PM

Not sure if true considering the source.

Looks like after 2-3 seasons of FA spending sanity -- we are back to any GM with cap room and a twitchy need to improve their roster is gonna spend like a drunken sailor on shore leave.

I really don't want to bring this up in every thread and I am sure many are tired of it...but if the guys that are getting what they are getting are true; then AB was so ludicrously underpaid that it is laughable.

I mean if Landon Collins can get $14 million per year, AB should be able to get 20.

Hound
03-11-2019, 02:22 PM
My hopes for higher level FA signings is fleeting with the price tags

tube517
03-11-2019, 02:27 PM
https://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-signing-te-c-j-uzomah-to-three-year-18m-deal/

Bengals Signing TE C.J. Uzomah To Three-Year, $18M Deal

hawaiiansteeler
03-11-2019, 03:08 PM
Raiders To Sign LT Trent Brown

March 11th, 2019

The Raiders are making some serious noise in March. On Monday, the club agreed to sign former Patriots tackle Trent Brown to a four-year, $66MM deal, Adam Schefter of ESPN.com tweets. The pact, which includes $36.75MM guaranteed, will make Brown the highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/03/raiders-to-sign-lt-trent-brown

BlackAndGold
03-11-2019, 03:14 PM
Another free agency where horrific contracts are handed out.

Odd that most of the teams that throw money around never have any success.

- - - Updated - - -

49ers make Kwon Alexander the highest paid ILB in football lmao.

Mosley hasn't even signed yet.

AtlantaDan
03-11-2019, 03:14 PM
Inflation sucks. And yes, I realize that I was just posting in another thread about how the players think they aren't paid well enough. But as a fan....sheesh!

Yep - which is why, assuming they did not try and failed to negotiate a reasonable price, the Steelers should have locked up Finney now rather than put a second round tender on him that will probably result in him leaving after this season for a big payday while the Steelers have a declining Ramon Foster at guard through 2020

The fact Foster signed for what looks like a lowball number reflects how he figured his services would be valued on the open market

BlackAndGold
03-11-2019, 03:19 PM
Jesse James to Lions.

DesertSteel
03-11-2019, 03:21 PM
After looking at all these crazy numbers in today’s signings, there’s no way that the Steelers are anymore than 2nd-3rd tier bargain bin shoppers again.

Hound
03-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Unfortunately, your right

DesertSteel
03-11-2019, 03:23 PM
These same teams will be looking for ways to cut these same players in two years or less. It’s always the same bad teams.

Hound
03-11-2019, 03:30 PM
It usually doesn’t turn out so great for the teams

Mojouw
03-11-2019, 03:32 PM
I gotta kind of chuckle that this board goes through this process every year.

1. Hey, look! Cap room, neat. Steelers should sign a bunch of guys to make the starting 22 better! C'mon Colbert, get it done!
2. Ohhhh....man. There are some sweet free agents this year. Check out this list!
3. FA starts and stupid money gets handed out.
4. Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! No way can or should the Steelers sign these dirtballs for those #'s! On to the draft!
5. Man, why didn't the Steelers sign any real FAs instead of the bargain bin dirtballs that have failed to plug holes in the line-up.

Free agency is a fool's paradise that holds only minimal hope of significantly improving your team. If for no other reason than what DesertSteel accurately pointed out above. Half or more of these guys will be cut in 1-2 years.

BlackAndGold
03-11-2019, 03:40 PM
I sure hope Jordan Hicks could be *somewhat* cheap. 1 year deal maybe. (has a injury history)

Bluecoat96
03-11-2019, 03:42 PM
I gotta kind of chuckle that this board goes through this process every year.

1. Hey, look! Cap room, neat. Steelers should sign a bunch of guys to make the starting 22 better! C'mon Colbert, get it done!
2. Ohhhh....man. There are some sweet free agents this year. Check out this list!
3. FA starts and stupid money gets handed out.
4. Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! No way can or should the Steelers sign these dirtballs for those #'s! On to the draft!
5. Man, why didn't the Steelers sign any real FAs instead of the bargain bin dirtballs that have failed to plug holes in the line-up.

Free agency is a fool's paradise that holds only minimal hope of significantly improving your team. If for no other reason than what DesertSteel accurately pointed out above. Half or more of these guys will be cut in 1-2 years.This is exactly what I think of every year during free agency. [emoji23]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190311/901e04f70b536b5f3933abd00d85de61.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

steelreserve
03-11-2019, 03:44 PM
After looking at all these crazy numbers in today’s signings, there’s no way that the Steelers are anymore than 2nd-3rd tier bargain bin shoppers again.

Legitimately, you DON'T want to be one of the teams signing the huge deals for the top "name" FA at the position on the first day. Notice how it's always the 49ers, Raiders, Redskins, and Lions doing that kind of crap?

You kind of have to wait for that initial rush of stupidity to be over, and then see who is still any good that's available. There will be a number of them - every mediocre free agent can't get $14 million a year because teams will be out of money well before that. The process kind of goes like:

- Half a dozen guys who are average or slightly above average get ludicrously overpriced deals in the first few hours of free agency, comparable to top stars at the position

- "The market is set!" omg just imagine how much player X is worth if THESE guys got so much money!

- Player X: Yeah, I guess that's right. So-and-so got $14 million, I ought to sign for at least that much.

- (waits a couple days)

- "OK, who's got $14 million left to spend?"

- ... (crickets) ...

- Player X: F*@#$%!!! Really?

- "Sorry dude, looks like all the idiots already spent all their money, and everybody else has about half that much left."

- Player X: %@$(*#@&!! MOTHER F(#@&@#$!! GOD D#*@ @#$@ #@*&%@ #@*$# PIECE OF DONKEY $@^#!!!!

- (visits several teams, two weeks later, signs a two-year deal for some surprisingly "low" number like $8 million a year)

I mean, that's kind of how we have to let the process play out if we want to get anybody of note. We don't even have the money to participate in the first couple of days' stupidity if we wanted to.

tube517
03-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Jesse James to Lions.

I wonder what he got

- - - Updated - - -

Napoleon Dynamite Foles to the Lions

AtlantaDan
03-11-2019, 03:52 PM

Ben is not going to come cheap for his extension

steelreserve
03-11-2019, 03:55 PM

Ben is not going to come cheap for his extension

Meh. The FA market does not set the value of non-FA superstars as a multiplier of what mid-tier guys make in free agency. The star players make about the same as the top FA contracts, and those guys become disappointing signings who are widely acknowledged as overpaid.

BlackAndGold
03-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Steelers have interest in corner back, Bradley Roby.

Hound
03-11-2019, 04:19 PM
So does the Texans, Browns, 49ers, Raiders and Broncos.

86WARD
03-11-2019, 05:53 PM
If the Steelers wanted any of these guys, they could make it happen. You can manipulate the cap number to be almost whatever you want it to be and still make a contract look like a $20M/year deal.

86WARD
03-11-2019, 05:59 PM
T-Sizzle heading out to Arizona!

Frank Gore going to Buffalo on a one year deal?

pczach
03-11-2019, 07:42 PM
Anyway, that's the kind of player we can sign. Otherwise, meet your 2019 free agent class: Bud Dupree and not having Antonio Brown.

Dante Fowler just signed a one-year $14 million contract with the Rams. $9 mil for Dupree is starting to look like a bargain.

pczach
03-11-2019, 07:49 PM
Here's a great website with a Draft Tracker on the status of all free agents by position. It really helps in keeping track of who is available, and who is off the market. Enjoy.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/2019-nfl-free-agents-ranking-top-players-by-position-tracking-signings/i6brxq6i36yd1jdqikshec5gj

86WARD
03-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Chiefs signing the Honey Badger...

86WARD
03-11-2019, 07:58 PM
Here's a great website with a draft tracker on the status of all free agents by position. It really helps in keeping track of who is available, and who is off the market. Enjoy.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/2019-nfl-free-agents-ranking-top-players-by-position-tracking-signings/i6brxq6i36yd1jdqikshec5gj

This should be put in the first post as well! Good link!!!

pczach
03-11-2019, 08:03 PM
This should be put in the first post as well! Good link!!!

I just edited the post to make it stand out a little more! :rofl2:

Shoes
03-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Jesse James to Lions.

Yes, there is hope! :chuckle:

pczach
03-11-2019, 08:07 PM
Yes, there is hope! :chuckle:

You're one step closer to your dreams coming true! :chuckle:

st33lersguy
03-11-2019, 08:15 PM

Wow, bmore just let's suggs walk. He must be way past his prime given his career there

Shoes
03-11-2019, 08:31 PM

Never expected to see that.

86WARD
03-11-2019, 09:15 PM
Anthony Barr to the Jets.

teegre
03-11-2019, 09:24 PM
Steelers have interest in corner back, Bradley Roby.

Isn’t he a slot corner???

We already have two good slot corners: Hilton & Sutton.

Shoes
03-11-2019, 09:27 PM

I think he is pretty mobile

teegre
03-11-2019, 09:27 PM
Napoleon Dynamite Foles to the Lions

MEDIA: Where are you gonna play football, Nick?

FOLES: Wherever I want to play... GOSH.

BlackAndGold
03-11-2019, 11:22 PM

He played RCB last season. Gave up some chunk plays but he has talent.

Kozora from SD had some notes on him here: https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/kozora-steelers-free-agent-wishlist-defense-2/

86WARD
03-12-2019, 05:19 AM
Kenny Vaccaro to the Titans.

teegre
03-12-2019, 06:27 AM
He played RCB last season. Gave up some chunk plays but he has talent.

Kozora from SD had some notes on him here: https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/kozora-steelers-free-agent-wishlist-defense-2/

As I’ve iterated in thread after thread: my top priority in free agency would be signing an established CB.

Roby apeears to be “good, but not great”... which is better than what we have and/or better than we’ve drafted.

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 06:35 AM
CJ Mosley to the Jets

5 years - $85 million/$51 million guaranteed

https://es.pn/2T2eXkG

Significant loss for the Ratbirds - wonder if they are going through the couch for change to scrounge up the $$$$ to pay Le’Veon instead?

teegre
03-12-2019, 06:40 AM
CJ Mosley to the Jets

5 years - $85 million/$51 million guaranteed

https://es.pn/2T2eXkG

Significant loss for the Ratbirds - wonder if they are going through the couch for change to pay Le’Veon?

That’s my theory.

As I have posted elsewhere, the Ravens released Mosley, Weddle, Smith, & Smith... freeing up a lot of cash for a “big” signing.

Hound
03-12-2019, 07:17 AM
NFL Network is reporting Ravens are making a hard push for Mark Ingram

EzraTank
03-12-2019, 07:32 AM
As usual the FA frenzy doesn't include the Steelers. I know it's par for the course with us but it's like not getting any Christmas presents. :(

86WARD
03-12-2019, 07:58 AM
Jets signing Mosley...$17M/year. $85M/$51 guaranteed. Now they have Mosley and Barr. Nice LBs

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Browns pick up DT Sheldon Richardson from Vikings

Ravens lose another LB - Za'Darius Smith to the Packers

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26237460/packers-add-lb-smith-db-amos-d

Browns shaping up as preseason AFC North favorite depending who the Ravens may be signing with cash freed up from players who have left

(http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26237460/packers-add-lb-smith-db-amos-d)

steelerdude15
03-12-2019, 08:39 AM
With the way things are going in the AFC North, it might only take a 8-8 or 9-7 record to win the division this year.

st33lersguy
03-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Browns may actually win the division next year

EzraTank
03-12-2019, 09:56 AM

We are definitely headed for a 1980's course. Ben will retire at some point in the near future and we will fall into chasm like we did after Bradshaw retired. The Browns will dominate the division for about 10 years with Mayfield. Tomlin will eventually be fired after his 3rd straight 6-10 year and the cycle will spin back.

86WARD
03-12-2019, 10:27 AM
Every year, Steelers sit and wait as teams around them get better and better but they still compete annually...getting to the playoffs and getting bounced is just their thing. Never going to get a top notch free agent or. Difference maker...not with this management...which is fine...I guess.

JayC
03-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Colbert is the new Huntington. But anyways didn't expect as to do anything, just bau

Hound
03-12-2019, 11:11 AM
https://nfltraderumors.co/cardinals-signing-ilb-jordan-hicks-to-four-year-36m-deal/

- - - Updated - - -

Hicks gone

BlackAndGold
03-12-2019, 11:13 AM
At least the Ravens are losing players...

Hound
03-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Contract for Hicks was not insane.

86WARD
03-12-2019, 11:52 AM
Lol. Anyone remain on the “wishlist”? One of these days the front office will step up...

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 11:55 AM
The team has under 10 maybe 12 million in usable cap space. The rest is the draft class and in-season contingency.

Has anyone useful signed for under $10 million yet?

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't have wanted any of the players who have signed to date for the contracts they signed for.

86WARD
03-12-2019, 11:57 AM
The team has under 10 maybe 12 million in usable cap space. The rest is the draft class and in-season contingency.

Has anyone useful signed for under $10 million yet?

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't have wanted any of the players who have signed to date for the contracts they signed for.

Cap space can be manipulated to fit however you need though. Just because it’s only $12M in cap space doesn’t mean they can’t get a guy for $14M/Year and get it down to around $7M for cap space...

But you are right, the guys getting signed are being overpaid...

86WARD
03-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Anthony Barr has decided to stay with the Vikings after saying he’d go to the Jets...

BlackAndGold
03-12-2019, 12:00 PM
The Packers just overpaid for two pass rusher that are not better than Bud Dupree.

Dwinsgames
03-12-2019, 12:01 PM
Looks like that Bell guy is gonna be a Ratturd .... we will get to punish him 2x a year

lt194camaroz
03-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Fowler at ESPN said we've been in contact with Tyrell Williams. I'm kinda meh on it bc I wanted CB and ILB situations looked at before WR, but at least hes pretty good

NCSteeler
03-12-2019, 12:13 PM
https://nfltraderumors.co/cardinals-signing-ilb-jordan-hicks-to-four-year-36m-deal/

- - - Updated - - -

Hicks goneThat's a reasonable price.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

86WARD
03-12-2019, 12:15 PM
Fowler at ESPN said we've been in contact with Tyrell Williams. I'm kinda meh on it bc I wanted CB and ILB situations looked at before WR, but at least hes pretty good

They should be in contact with every free agent. Otherwise, they aren’t doing their due diligence.

Fire Goodell
03-12-2019, 12:16 PM
Well we're sure making moves in free agency... Not. We hear the same thing from Colbert every year but it's more of the same sitting on his hands until they're numb. Then a couple ho-hum signings of 3rd tier scraps or some vet with injury issues

Dwinsgames
03-12-2019, 12:19 PM

BlackAndGold
03-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Well we're sure making moves in free agency... Not. We hear the same thing from Colbert every year but it's more of the same sitting on his hands until they're numb. Then a couple ho-hum signings of 3rd tier scraps or some vet with injury issues

Colbert told everyone that they were not going to make a splash move.

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Looks like that Bell guy is gonna be a Ratturd .... we will get to punish him 2x a year

They have the $$$ but I would wager they have been sucked into a bidding war - Bell is going to whichever team pays him the most

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCgy0dphOGc

DesertSteel
03-12-2019, 12:24 PM
I truly hope it works out that way. It'll add a new dimesnsion to the two rivalry games. I really think LB's best years are behind him. He'll get his yards via volume, but it's not the same.

Dwinsgames
03-12-2019, 12:32 PM
I truly hope it works out that way. It'll add a new dimesnsion to the two rivalry games. I really think LB's best years are behind him. He'll get his yards via volume, but it's not the same.

and they gutted their def in order to sign him ( if they actually do )

Born2Steel
03-12-2019, 12:32 PM

The Steelers will win the AFC North in 2019. Never doubt.

tube517
03-12-2019, 12:37 PM
Lot of fake accounts posting where Leave'on is signing. Even dumb ass Douchette got fooled. Lol

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 12:45 PM
Nice payday for the Outlaw - the $$$ being thrown around the past few days are insane

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 12:49 PM
The Packers just overpaid for two pass rusher that are not better than Bud Dupree.

What they paid versus what they are getting is just hard to believe. I think one of those guys had like 30 or 40% of his sacks come in one game.

I know few will agree, but if that is what "any random pass rusher who could do better" costs on the FA market, then I would rather just roll Dupree out there for 9 million and change.

Fire Goodell
03-12-2019, 12:50 PM
What they paid versus what they are getting is just hard to believe. I think one of those guys had like 30 or 40% of his sacks come in one game.

I know few will agree, but if that is what "any random pass rusher who could do better" costs on the FA market, then I would rather just roll Dupree out there for 9 million and change.

I bet they were all dong sacks too :chuckle:

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 12:52 PM
Nice payday for the Outlaw - the $$$ being thrown around the past few days are insane

just over $6 million a year for Jesse James? Other than being tall what does he really do all that well? That is ludicrous.

Fire Goodell
03-12-2019, 12:54 PM
just over $6 million a year for Jesse James? Other than being tall what does he really do all that well? That is ludicrous.

I always viewed him as a reliable "OK" tight end. Not great at blocking, not great at receiving, and definitely not good after the catch. But he's rarely ever injured, which is probably his best ability. With that said, he won't win you many games, but also won't blow it. Worth it at that price? They can have him. I wish him luck though since I always liked the kid. I always considered him more of a serviceable #2 TE, but not someone you want as an every week starter. The talent difference between him and McDonald was glaringly obvious.

steelreserve
03-12-2019, 12:59 PM

The fact that other teams are overpaying shitty players does not make it a smart move to overpay our own shitty player. We're just making the same stupid mistake as them. Paying $9M for nothing.

Weren't you the one who just said yesterday that NFL front office people are stupid for blindly following conventional wisdom and imitating each other's own (often bad) moves? $9M for Dupree would seem to be a prime example of that, not an indication that we are doing something right.

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 01:00 PM
and they gutted their def in order to sign him ( if they actually do )

Hope Ravens thought they had a done deal and now are being double-crossed or at least being shaken down for more $$ by Bell and his pompous agent Bakari :chuckle:

The running back, who sat out last season with the Pittsburgh Steelers rather than be franchise tagged for the second consecutive year, is drawing interest from six teams, according to ESPN: the New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts, Baltimore Ravens, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans and Buffalo Bills. However, Pro Football Talk reported (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1105486459526676480) that the Colts are not in the mix.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/03/11/nfl-free-agency-rumors-start-date-news/?utm_term=.151fd54d8ebb

DesertSteel
03-12-2019, 01:05 PM
Hope Ravens thought they had a done deal and now are being double-crossed or at least being shaken down for more $$ by Bell and his pompous agent Bakari :chuckle:

The running back, who sat out last season with the Pittsburgh Steelers rather than be franchise tagged for the second consecutive year, is drawing interest from six teams, according to ESPN: the New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts, Baltimore Ravens, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans and Buffalo Bills. However, Pro Football Talk reported (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1105486459526676480) that the Colts are not in the mix.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/03/11/nfl-free-agency-rumors-start-date-news/?utm_term=.151fd54d8ebb

The Colts are smart!

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 01:30 PM
The Colts are smart!

Especially when dealing with Bell and Bakari

The thinking is that someone is trying to push the Ravens as a potential destination for Bell in order to get the only remaining candidate — the Jets — to pay more. The source speculates that the Baltimore interest in Bell is being fabricated by Bell and/or Bakari, for obvious reasons, and that is has morphed into a major production, all aimed at freaking out the Jets at a time when they’re already reeling from Anthony Barr (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9432/anthony-barr) deciding not to sign in New York and to stay in Minnesota.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/12/are-the-ravens-really-pursuing-leveon-bell/

- - - Updated - - -

So much for this option to fill the gap at receiver

Shoes
03-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Amazing how these teams throw money around.

Fire Goodell
03-12-2019, 01:36 PM
9 mil a year for a sub-1000 yd receiver? No wonder why the bills suck lol

st33lersguy
03-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Colts are headed in the right direction,

Shoes
03-12-2019, 01:37 PM
This is better than the gameday thread! :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
03-12-2019, 01:38 PM
The Colts are smart!

The Colts I do not believe were ever in the hunt ... they have a youngster plenty capable In Marlin Mack and Himes is a really nice compliment

Dwinsgames
03-12-2019, 02:01 PM
keep in mind steelers offer was 14 mil a year last year .....

Fire Goodell
03-12-2019, 02:04 PM

Shoulda signed with the Steelers last year, oh well! Now our offer didn't seem like a lowball after all, did it?

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Just looked over a list of FAs. Kinda chuckled and I would be willing to bet a non-zero amount of money that Kevin White (R1 WR Bust) gets signed prior to the draft for peanuts to take Hunter and various others place on the roster as a reclamation project.

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 02:27 PM

Bell & Bakari are telling teams they want “Gurley money” and teams are responding that based on Gurley’s injury blighted playoffs we are giving you the new market rate for a Gurley type back :chuckle:

steelreserve
03-12-2019, 02:31 PM

Still close enough to make me nervous about having to use a Tom Buttbrady avatar, but keeping my fingers crossed.

The longer he goes without signing, the less money teams have available to spend, especially the dumb ones. Better hope they have a sure deal and are just haggling over the last little bit. If he thinks playing hard-to-get is going to get him more money in a bidding war ... that seems about the exact opposite of the way things are likely to go.

tube517
03-12-2019, 02:42 PM

Fire Goodell
03-12-2019, 02:46 PM
Geez with all these big money contracts to good-not-great players being thrown around, is it gonna be possible to keep any players on your roster soon? Seems like teams are desperate to poach any talent at a high price, even if they're overpaying by a lot. 10 mil a year is a ton for someone with 7 career interceptions and hasn't made the pro bowl once.

Rotorhead

So much for a FA CB, aren’t they all pretty much gone now? Hicks is gone also, leaving 1-2 WRs left that would actually be helpful.

BlackAndGold

86WARD
03-12-2019, 02:48 PM
They have the $$$ but I would wager they have been sucked into a bidding war - Bell is going to whichever team pays him the most

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCgy0dphOGc

Bell has told people he like Baltimore and would play there at a “discount”.

Bluecoat96
03-12-2019, 03:00 PM
http://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1105558304258809856

I guess I can't fault him for that. Hey....at least the Steelers tried.

86WARD
03-12-2019, 03:02 PM
http://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1105558304258809856

I guess I can't fault him for that. Hey....at least the Steelers tried.

Curious to know what the Steelers offered. But at least they realize it’s a position of need...

Dwinsgames
03-12-2019, 03:05 PM

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 03:07 PM
Bell has told people he like Baltimore and would play there at a “discount”.

Assuming anyone would believe anything Bell says, I suppose it might depend if he thinks he will take a "discount" if it is off this sort of delusional belief of what a full price contract should be

CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora reported (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1098286168737607680) a few weeks ago that the veteran back is looking for a deal that would pay him $50 million in the first two years of the contract.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/03/04/steelers-leveon-bell-baltimore-ravens-favorite/

Iron Steeler
03-12-2019, 03:11 PM
Steelers can no longer play " come here to compete for a championship card" . So no discounts will not be taken from talented players. We need to start spending if we want to talent we want.

86WARD
03-12-2019, 03:11 PM
John Brown gets $9M from Buffalo.

Hound
03-12-2019, 04:10 PM
ILB doesn’t have much left. Deon Bucannon is heading to Tampa. Jamie Collins is still out there and won’t count against compensation

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 04:32 PM
Basically the lesson here is that players no longer want "security" -- that was the trend for awhile. Buy out as many of those 2nd/3rd contract years as possible for decent dollars. Now they want 3, 4, or more bites at the free agency apple.

Suspect it is a response to the constantly rising cap, teams having 80-100 million in cap space in a given off-season, and the rookie wage scale.

What does that mean to Steelers? It means that $10 million is the new "no cap room", $20 million is the new "barely any room", and $40 million is the new line for making "splash signings".

slippy
03-12-2019, 04:39 PM
and i have not seen one mention in the media coverage of bell's market that one more failed drug test is a year suspension. how is this not worth mentioning?

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 04:44 PM
and i have not seen one mention in the media coverage of bell's market that one more failed drug test is a year suspension. how is this not worth mentioning?

Because it isn't true. That would be why no is talking about it. Bell never progressed past the 2 game suspension level in the program. He was suspended a second time, but the league (in a non admission admission of guilt) agreed to not have Bell advance stages in the testing protocol because the reason for his missed (that counted as a postive test) was BS.

Long story short, Bell has one positive test that got him in the program. His second "positive test" was a missed test because the league's tester jerked him around. In order to sweep that under the rug, the league reduced Bell's suspension and did not advance him in the suspension protocol. So at the end of the day, despite being suspended twice, Bell is only in as a one time offender.

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 04:51 PM
Edge help is out there:
Shane Ray
Shaq Barrett
Eli Harold

Best corners are still on the market as well:
Darby
Desir
Nelson

Throwing all their available cap space at a combination of Nelson and Ray might not be the worst idea this team ever had.

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Because it isn't true. That would be why no is talking about it. Bell never progressed past the 2 game suspension level in the program. He was suspended a second time, but the league (in a non admission admission of guilt) agreed to not have Bell advance stages in the testing protocol because the reason for his missed (that counted as a postive test) was BS.

Long story short, Bell has one positive test that got him in the program. His second "positive test" was a missed test because the league's tester jerked him around. In order to sweep that under the rug, the league reduced Bell's suspension and did not advance him in the suspension protocol. So at the end of the day, despite being suspended twice, Bell is only in as a one time offender.

Yep - his next suspension would be 4 games

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000687567/article/leveon-bells-suspension-reduced-to-three-games

Since he presumably is out of the random testing program for recreational drugs I think all he needs to do now is stay clean for the random testing period that applies to all players which usually runs from mid-April through early August.

Of course we are talking about someone who was suspended the first time because a cop pulled him over as Blount and he were getting high on the way to the airport for a preseason game, so he could get caught again.

Not getting my hopes up but Le'Veon may be having some animated discussions with Bakari about WTF happened to all that additional money he was going to make by not accepting the Steelers' offer

Shoes
03-12-2019, 04:56 PM
Is Ray really that good?

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Is Ray really that good?

I never thought so. But the internet and many others hold a different opinion. Plus, I am told that anyone can come in and out-produce Dupree for under 9 million a year. So....

In all seriousness, when healthy I think he has been pretty good. Got buried on the depth chart in Denver and a short term deal to play at worst a rotational role in Pittsburgh or even push Dupree for snaps...he rehabs his value (that bet on yourself thing) and Steelers get a look at a young edge player...

Dwinsgames
03-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Is Ray really that good?

he has shown some flashes , that said was beat out by a 5th round pick and didnt see the field a ton after that but played opposite from Mr Universe of edge players Von Miller and had minimal impact ...

if you can not shine with miller playing opposite you where you KNOW teams are doubling down protections on then I have a hard time thinking you are going to fare much better here

Hound
03-12-2019, 05:08 PM
Still a bunch of decent corners out there. They all have their own warts but still would be an upgrade. Darby, Varrett,Desir and Dennard

86WARD
03-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Basically the lesson here is that players no longer want "security" -- that was the trend for awhile. Buy out as many of those 2nd/3rd contract years as possible for decent dollars. Now they want 3, 4, or more bites at the free agency apple.

Suspect it is a response to the constantly rising cap, teams having 80-100 million in cap space in a given off-season, and the rookie wage scale.

What does that mean to Steelers? It means that $10 million is the new "no cap room", $20 million is the new "barely any room", and $40 million is the new line for making "splash signings".

Steelers won’t be able to compete in that type of market unless they change their fundamentals for structuring a contract no?

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Steelers won’t be able to compete in that type of market unless they change their fundamentals for structuring a contract no?

Pretty much. They are also going to have to get choosier about who they give money to. Or they can continue to punt on big time free agent signings and build through draft and internal development. Either approach can work.

But if the team wants to get more into the FA market, then they need to rethink the contract structures they offer based on what it seems players want. They have ample evidence that what they offer is not what a measurable segment of players are looking for. The question is whether the team cares or not? They may be unwilling to change their model of cap management and roster construction for the segment of the NFL player pool that doesn't want multi-year deals...no idea.

86WARD
03-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Seeing that they all are hanging out at Pirates spring training, I’d say your assessment that they don’t care may be accurate...lol

BlackAndGold
03-12-2019, 05:50 PM
Seeing that they all are hanging out at Pirates spring training, I’d say your assessment that they don’t care may be accurate...lol

Don't have to be in Pittsburgh to talk to free agents. It's still the tampering period. Nothing is official till tomorrow.

Shoes
03-12-2019, 05:51 PM
I think we are in for a long drought.

BlackAndGold
03-12-2019, 06:03 PM
I think we are in for a long drought.

They're going to sign someone. This 1st tier of almost over. You'll see reports of player going to visit the Burgh soon.

This happens all the time.

pczach
03-12-2019, 06:23 PM
I never thought so. But the internet and many others hold a different opinion. Plus, I am told that anyone can come in and out-produce Dupree for under 9 million a year. So....

In all seriousness, when healthy I think he has been pretty good. Got buried on the depth chart in Denver and a short term deal to play at worst a rotational role in Pittsburgh or even push Dupree for snaps...he rehabs his value (that bet on yourself thing) and Steelers get a look at a young edge player...

I'm not a huge fan of Ray. He has some skill, but he's a little small and seems to be a liability against the run.

By the way, Dante Fowler agreed to a one-year contract for $14 million. Dante Fowler!

Dupree is starting to look like a bargain when you see the money being thrown around these last couple days.

BlackAndGold
03-12-2019, 06:25 PM

Hound
03-12-2019, 06:26 PM
JuJu, James, Watt and one of the best O lines that has talented backups behind it.!I think it will be normal business for the Steelers for awhile. Oh yeah, Browns cap hit will be off the books next.

pczach
03-12-2019, 06:28 PM

If Rapoport is actually right about something, this is great news!

Hound
03-12-2019, 06:30 PM
Impressive 3018 stats on Nelson, don’t know much about him. Only 25 years old

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/steven-nelson?id=2552265
combine results

86WARD
03-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Where’s the money they saved by not paying Bell last season? Aren’t they getting credited money through the cap?

JayC
03-12-2019, 06:39 PM
we did something!

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 06:50 PM
If Rapoport is actually right about something, this is great news!

PFT also says it is happening

https://media.profootballfocus.com/2019/02/SETE-768x433.png

Nelson struggled a bit down the stretch of 2018, earning sub 60.0 overall grades in four of his last five games of the year (includes postseason). However, he proved he’s capable of high-end play and should see a significant pay bump this offseason.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-steven-nelson

(https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-steven-nelson)

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 06:52 PM
That’s a great signing! I may have preferred Darby, but let’s not quibble.

Hound
03-12-2019, 06:54 PM
Better than Artie

tube517
03-12-2019, 07:00 PM
OBJ to the Stains

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 07:01 PM
So who is bluffing who here?

A report earlier Tuesday said the Jets have given Le'Veon Bell (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell) a deadline (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/12/jets-give-leveon-bell-a-deadline/) to make his decision. With no decision early Tuesday night, the team is getting “antsy,” according to Mike Silver of NFL Media....

The Jets apparently are the only team actively pursuing Bell, and their deal could disappear if he doesn’t make a decision before free agency officially begins Wednesday....

Bell, 27, gambled by sitting out last season, refusing to play under the franchise tag, and the market hasn’t developed like he thought.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/12/jets-getting-antsy-about-leveon-bell/

:violin:

BlackAndGold
03-12-2019, 07:02 PM
Not FA but Cleveland just traded for Odell Beckham

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 07:04 PM
OBJ to the Stains

NCSteeler
03-12-2019, 07:04 PM
Not FA but Cleveland just traded for Odell BeckhamDamn, browns see the north is up for grabs. They making plays

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 07:06 PM
Damn, browns see the north is up for grabs. They making plays

Win now while Mayfield is on his rookie contract and you can pay other positions

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 07:09 PM
Damn, browns see the north is up for grabs. They making plays

Browns might have the most talented 53 man roster on paper. Now picking top 3 in the draft for a decade or so will do that once you actually start hitting on picks.

Their aggressive moves are super smart. As soon as you have a QB on a rookie deal who even shows a pulse, the smartest thing to do is go grab any and all talent you can no matter the cost. Max out your roster talent for the 3-5 years that QB is cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stillers4me
03-12-2019, 07:09 PM

This is what happens when you don't vomit all over your trade value. #talkingtoyoumrbigchest

BlackAndGold
03-12-2019, 07:11 PM
The Browns have arrived.

They also signed Kareem Hunt. They're stacked.

DesertSteel
03-12-2019, 07:12 PM
Side by side, the deals are ridiculously laughable. OBJ is just about as big of a head case as AB.

EzraTank
03-12-2019, 07:13 PM
Impressive 3018 stats on Nelson, don’t know much about him. Only 25 years old

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/steven-nelson?id=2552265
combine results

Is he from the future? LOL

Shoes
03-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Not FA but Cleveland just traded for Odell Beckham

As I said, it's going to be a long drought! :chuckle:

JayC
03-12-2019, 07:15 PM
wow cleveland striking when the division is vulnerable

Shoes
03-12-2019, 07:16 PM
OBJ to the Stains

I can see the Browns taking the division.

st33lersguy
03-12-2019, 07:16 PM

So the giants actually got something for their star wr. Hmm.

Also Cleveland is the best team in the afc North right now. Will they take advantage and win the North or will they go full Cleveland and somehow manage to screw it up

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 07:17 PM
Side by side, the deals are ridiculously laughable. OBJ is just about as big of a head case as AB.

OBJ being 5 years younger with more tread on the tires is the only significant distinction

Giants have blown up their team

But the Giants $19.5 million cap hit for the OBJ trade still is less than the AB hit

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/odell-beckham-jr-14421/

Method28
03-12-2019, 07:17 PM
Damn guys....the browns are going to make me brown myself now. Never thought I'd say that lol

Steelers! Hit Bells phone one more time lmao

Shoes
03-12-2019, 07:20 PM
The Browns have arrived.

Good night!

tube517
03-12-2019, 07:20 PM

EzraTank
03-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Browns will win the division this year.

Dwinsgames
03-12-2019, 07:24 PM
The Browns have arrived.

front runners for the division , they have won the off season Superbowl ....

lets see how that translates when the pads go on ( remember they also changed coaches since they was on a winning streak and def coordinators )

tube517
The Browns have arrived.

I almost forgot about that.

Shoes
OBJ being 5 years younger with more tread on the tires is the only significant distinction

Giants have blown up their team

But the Giants $19.5 million cap hit for the OBJ trade still is less than the AB hit

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/odell-beckham-jr-14421/

Amazing!

Fire Goodell
03-12-2019, 07:27 PM
So the giants actually got something for their star wr. Hmm.

Also Cleveland is the best team in the afc North right now. Will they take advantage and win the North or will they go full Cleveland and somehow manage to screw it up

Their star WR wasn't a head case who was taking shots at his QB and organization

st33lersguy
03-12-2019, 07:28 PM
Vince Williams can cover OBJ one-on-one and Jon Bostic can cover Jarvis Landry one-on-one. Brilliant!

- - - Updated - - -

The Browns have arrived.

Kareem Hunt is probably going to get suspended though, but still. That offense looks wicked

JayC
03-12-2019, 07:29 PM
Their star WR wasn't a head case who was taking shots at his QB and organization
haha good one

Shoes
03-12-2019, 07:31 PM
Well, at least we can now lose to a good Browns team. :chuckle:

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 07:35 PM
Edge help is out there:
Shane Ray
Shaq Barrett
Eli Harold

Best corners are still on the market as well:
Darby
Desir
Nelson

Throwing all their available cap space at a combination of Nelson and Ray might not be the worst idea this team ever had.

Can I have a job running a team now? Please...my current one kinda sucks!

Also I would like to be paid a great deal of money upfront....

86WARD
03-12-2019, 07:37 PM
The Browns have arrived.

Better RB group. Better receiving group. Better defense. Better Special Teams ( but that’s not hard to do).

Shoes
03-12-2019, 07:38 PM

Hired, how's 100 mil over 3 yers & 60 mil guaranteed sound?

86WARD
03-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Browns will win the division this year.

They should easily win it. Other three teams are dumpster fires.

Fire Goodell
03-12-2019, 07:44 PM

Come on man

pczach
03-12-2019, 07:44 PM

I have said basically any CB and either Za'Darius Smith or Ziggy Ansah.

Smith is signed. Ansah is still out there, but I doubt the Steelers would make that move. I read where they thought he should get around $9.5 million a year. It's hard to imagine that number being accurate with what players are signing for over these last few days, but man...….if they really could get a top edge rusher like Ansah for Bud Dupree money...….It would be very hard not to take that shot.

Either way, we're on the same page.

vasteeler
03-12-2019, 07:49 PM

I'm probably a bit bias but I think we are far from a dumpster fire. We will win the division next year.

Dwinsgames
03-12-2019, 07:49 PM

yikes ... that makes me think Earl Thomas

86WARD
03-12-2019, 07:52 PM

That would be brutal...

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 07:59 PM
I have said basically any CB and either Za'Darius Smith or Ziggy Ansah.

Smith is signed. Ansah is still out there, but I doubt the Steelers would make that move. I read where they thought he should get around $9.5 million a year. It's hard to imagine that number being accurate with what players are signing for over these last few days, but man...….if they really could get a top edge rusher like Ansah for Bud Dupree money...….It would be very hard not to take that shot.

Either way, we're on the same page.

Not sure I like Ansah for this defense. It isn't so much a knock on the player, but that he would cost a good deal of money and then you would have to have him come and do things he isn't all that good at by using him as a 3-4 outside backer.

Honestly, I was just sitting here thinking that what about Clay Matthews? Sure he is older and not what he once was. But he still has some pass rush juice and he has played all over the LB level in a similar scheme. You could even play him inside a bit on passing downs. Imagine looping him and Dupree on one side and having Watt just bull-rush a lineman on the other and then Hilton flies in off the edge?

I'm not saying that Matthews is not on the downslope and a bit of a gamble, but he can maybe do more things in the current scheme than a DE conversion project can?

I think we are definitely thinking along the same lines though. Secondary help and then just get more pass rushers. That is never a bad idea.

Also -- new thought --- Burnett is going to very quietly STFU and end up back on the roster. That FA safety class is deep and if he gets released, he is not going to have a seat at the table. At least staying on the roster he has another shot at getting healthy and playing in sub-packages -- where I think he can contribute.

maybe I just have soft spot for former packers...

- - - Updated - - -

Sucks that the Browns finally have competent management. This is the EXACT plan that having Mayfield, Ward, and Garrett on cheap rookie deals allows you to do. Throw money around at anyone else.

Eagles and Rams did it and rode the concept to great success. Chiefs are doing it...except I don't get where they are spending their money....Cowboys squandered it. Jaguars tried it, but bet on the wrong rookie QB.

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 08:10 PM

Because no QB who had a good rookie season has ever regressed or been injured in his second season

Mayfield looks like the real deal but Winston Wolf has a suggestion for anyone getting onboard the Browns bandwagon tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d07-XCIpBVQ

Then again maybe go ahead and start working on the design for the 2019 AFC North champs hats and T-shirts

Yikes!

pczach
03-12-2019, 08:17 PM
Not sure I like Ansah for this defense. It isn't so much a knock on the player, but that he would cost a good deal of money and then you would have to have him come and do things he isn't all that good at by using him as a 3-4 outside backer.

Honestly, I was just sitting here thinking that what about Clay Matthews? Sure he is older and not what he once was. But he still has some pass rush juice and he has played all over the LB level in a similar scheme. You could even play him inside a bit on passing downs. Imagine looping him and Dupree on one side and having Watt just bull-rush a lineman on the other and then Hilton flies in off the edge?

I'm not saying that Matthews is not on the downslope and a bit of a gamble, but he can maybe do more things in the current scheme than a DE conversion project can?

I think we are definitely thinking along the same lines though. Secondary help and then just get more pass rushers. That is never a bad idea.

Also -- new thought --- Burnett is going to very quietly STFU and end up back on the roster. That FA safety class is deep and if he gets released, he is not going to have a seat at the table. At least staying on the roster he has another shot at getting healthy and playing in sub-packages -- where I think he can contribute.

maybe I just have soft spot for former packers...

- - - Updated - - -

Sucks that the Browns finally have competent management. This is the EXACT plan that having Mayfield, Ward, and Garrett on cheap rookie deals allows you to do. Throw money around at anyone else.

Eagles and Rams did it and rode the concept to great success. Chiefs are doing it...except I don't get where they are spending their money....Cowboys squandered it. Jaguars tried it, but bet on the wrong rookie QB.

I understand your point about Ansah, but I disagree.

He is an elite pass rusher when healthy. He can rush from either side. He can line up inside. He is a superior player to Dupree in every way. He has also shown the athleticism to be able to do some things not often asked of him in Detroit. He does have two passes defensed! :chuckle:

Here are Ansah's career stats: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AnsaEz00.htm

Here are Dupree's stats: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DuprAl00.htm

If Dupree is healthy, he's an elite player that is a double digit sack man per year. He had 12 sacks in 14 games in 2017 before his injury. Of course it would depend on money, but if Ansah is healthy(and that is a big if), he and Watt would destroy teams. Let them rush the QB! I still believe that Ansah would be able to fit this defense....particularly if used properly. He is 29, but he started football later in life and has only been in the NFL for 6 years.

The thought of Watt, Ansah, Heyward, Tuitt, and Grave Digger is exciting. What a ferocious pass rush they would have.

They now have Haden and Nelson, who takes away the football. Add an even more dynamic pass rush with less blitzing to help the secondary have superior numbers along with improved talent, and then it's basically just adding athleticism to the ILB position on defense.

It will be interesting to see how much Ansah signs for.

JayC
03-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Browns are the new Dream Team

Mojouw
03-12-2019, 08:30 PM
I understand your point about Ansah, but I disagree.

He is an elite pass rusher when healthy. He can rush from either side. He can line up inside. He is a superior player to Dupree in every way. He has also shown the athleticism to be able to do some things not often asked of him in Detroit. He does have two passes defensed! :chuckle:

Here are Ansah's career stats: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AnsaEz00.htm

Here are Dupree's stats: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DuprAl00.htm

If Dupree is healthy, he's an elite player that is a double digit sack man per year. He had 12 sacks in 14 games in 2017 before his injury. Of course it would depend on money, but if Ansah is healthy(and that is a big if), he and Watt would destroy teams. Let them rush the QB! I still believe that Ansah would be able to fit this defense....particularly if used properly. He is 29, but he started football later in life and has only been in the NFL for 6 years.

The thought of Watt, Ansah, Heyward, Tuitt, and Grave Digger is exciting. What a ferocious pass rush they would have.

They now have Haden and Nelson, who takes away the football. Add an even more dynamic pass rush with less blitzing to help the secondary have superior numbers along with improved talent, and then it's basically just adding athleticism to the ILB position on defense.

It will be interesting to see how much Ansah signs for.

Ok! You talked me into it. Let’s kidnap Colbert and you and I can run the free agent signings.

BlackAndGold
03-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Chickillo back on a 2 year deal.

pczach
03-12-2019, 08:32 PM
Ok! You talked me into it. Let’s kidnap Colbert and you and I can run the free agent signings.

Done! I'll get the rope and meet you at Station Square for a good meal before we negotiate our deal. :sofunny:

JayC
03-12-2019, 09:00 PM
Chickillo back on a 2 year deal.

your avatar is how i feel about this signing. i think i could find better usage of the 4 million myself

86WARD
03-12-2019, 09:09 PM
Because no QB who had a good rookie season has ever regressed or been injured in his second season

Mayfield looks like the real deal but Winston Wolf has a suggestion for anyone getting onboard the Browns bandwagon tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d07-XCIpBVQ

Then again maybe go ahead and start working on the design for the 2019 AFC North champs hats and T-shirts

Yikes!

No. Just based on the fact that the other three teams are disasters...lol.

Shoes
03-12-2019, 09:11 PM
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are "feeling good" about their chances to sign free agent Earl Thomas.
The Browns traded FS Jabrill Peppers to the Giants in the Odell Beckham trade and now have a hole on the back end of their defense. What better way to fill it than signing arguably the top defensive free agent left on the market. Thomas' market has been quiet thus far in a loaded safety class, but things might be coming together for Thomas to join the star-studded Browns squad.

RELATED:

Cleveland Browns (https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/teams/cle/cleveland-browns)

SOURCE: Jason La Canfora on Twitter (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1105643862981267456)
Mar 12, 2019, 7:45 PM

steelreserve
03-12-2019, 09:14 PM
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are "feeling good" about their chances to sign free agent Earl Thomas.
The Browns traded FS Jabrill Peppers to the Giants in the Odell Beckham trade and now have a hole on the back end of their defense. What better way to fill it than signing arguably the top defensive free agent left on the market. Thomas' market has been quiet thus far in a loaded safety class, but things might be coming together for Thomas to join the star-studded Browns squad.

RELATED:

Cleveland Browns (https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/teams/cle/cleveland-browns)

SOURCE: Jason La Canfora on Twitter (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1105643862981267456)
Mar 12, 2019, 7:45 PM

Keep an eye on Thomas' deal ... remember if it is in the $10M per year neighborhood, then all his bitching and flipping off his own bench when he got injured was all for nothing, just like I said it would be at the time ...

Dwinsgames
03-12-2019, 09:20 PM

AtlantaDan
03-12-2019, 10:03 PM
With Odell Beckham Jr. trade, the Browns just became Super Bowl contenders

The Chicago Bears and Los Angeles Rams last season showed how quickly a franchise can turn around by building around a young quarterback, and Mayfield can be better than Mitchell Trubisky and Jared Goff. Forget their history: The Browns’ window is right now.…

So, yeah, the Browns are good. “Good” is probably their baseline. In the wake of Beckham’s acquisition, their Super Bowl odds improved to 14-1, behind only the Patriots, Rams, Chiefs and New Orleans Saints. The four conference title participants are the company the Browns keep now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/03/13/with-odell-beckham-jr-trade-browns-just-became-super-bowl-contenders/

:sofunny: - but true

teegre
03-12-2019, 10:14 PM
I have said it for a few seasons, but the Browns are proving that “money ball” can indeed work in the NFL.

The traded down and traded down, acquiring numerous picks. At one point, they had a staggering 45 players on rookie contracts. They kept the good ones, and simply didn’t re-sign the average ones. Oh, and they routinely cut the ones that didn’t pan out. Repeat... until they had themselves a core group of good players: Garrett, Chubb, Ward, Bitonio, et cetera.

They also signed cap-friendly free agents: Hubbard, Robinson, Landry.

Now... since they’ve found their rookie QB, they started acquiring top-tier free agents: OBJ, Thomas.

I’ve stated before that they’ll play in two of the next four Super Bowls.

DesertSteel
03-12-2019, 11:40 PM
I have said it for a few seasons, but the Browns are proving that “money ball” can indeed work in the NFL.

The traded down and traded down, acquiring numerous picks. At one point, they had a staggering 45 players on rookie contracts. They kept the good ones, and simply didn’t re-sign the average ones. Oh, and they routinely cut the ones that didn’t pan out. Repeat... until they had themselves a core group of good players: Garrett, Chubb, Ward, Bitonio, et cetera.

Now... since they’ve found their rookie QB, they started acquiring top-tier free agents: OBJ, Thomas.

The only thing still left for them to do is actually have a winning season...

steelreserve
03-13-2019, 02:23 AM

Since anything outside the first 2 rounds is basically a 50-50 or worse chance anyway - having like 12 chances a year and keeping 6 players who all fill a role ... is a lot better than having 6 chances and keeping 5 players, and two of them suck but you still have to use them.

I don't think it's a great way to go after your high-profile "impact" players, but it sure is a way to fill out your roster with decent players for cheap, and with good depth, and then you have some cash left over to go for a big signing or two. Since you didn't need to spend $9 million here to keep your shitty pass rusher, and $4 million there signing backups because you have no depth ... "who can you get for less money?" One of your three extra fourth-round draft picks who is almost guaranteed to turn out ok by the law of averages, that's who.

Obviously every team can't do it because there are a flat number of draft picks, and it helps to have high ones to trade down from. But it's a good way to build a solid foundation, I think. More likely to succeed than rushing around from one mega-hyped talent to the next, who all are going to want $20 million in a few years. Probably a good way to maintain a high level of success once you're already there, too, when it's easy to fall into the trap of being on top and keep swinging for the fences, when the entire salary cap system is set up to punish that.

hawaiiansteeler
03-13-2019, 03:15 AM
Report: Odell Beckham Jr. Seeking Restructured Contract from Browns After Trade

JOSEPH ZUCKER

Following his reported trade to the Cleveland Browns, Odell Beckham Jr. wants to restructure his contract, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Browns have agreed to send the 17th overall pick in the 2019 draft, a third-round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers to the New York Giants for Beckham.

Beckham's request comes after the Oakland Raiders amended Antonio Brown's contract immediately after they acquired him from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

to read rest of article:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825350-report-odell-beckham-jr-seeking-restructured-contract-from-browns-after-trade

teegre
03-13-2019, 06:59 AM
@steelreseve

The smart thing that the Browns did was that while trading down from their later picks, they simultaneously kept and hit on those “top five” picks: Garrett, Ward, Mayfield.

In turn, they filled out their roster using the Jimmy Johnson “you will hit on 40% of you draft picks” approach to fill in around those aforementioned “playmakers”.

EzraTank
03-13-2019, 08:19 AM
We now have to cover Landry and OBJ (both only 26), best buddies from LSU, with our secondary. Think about that. Keith Butler must figure out a way to stop them twice a year. At this point we better draft the next coming of Joe Greene because if we don't get pressure on Mayfield, those two will be running wide open down the field.

86WARD
03-13-2019, 08:23 AM
We now have to cover Landry and OBJ (both only 26), best buddies from LSU, with our secondary. Think about that. Keith Butler must figure out a way to stop them twice a year. At this point we better draft the next coming of Joe Greene because if we don't get pressure on Mayfield, those two will be running wide open down the field.

And Njoku down the seem or eventually Kareem Hunt out of the backfield. All the while keeping honest with Chubb and the run...

NCSteeler
03-13-2019, 08:30 AM
Chickillo back on a 2 year deal.Can't wait to see him drop into coverage on OBJ. This guy really worth 4mil a year?

Dwinsgames
03-13-2019, 09:01 AM
Can't wait to see him drop into coverage on OBJ. This guy really worth 4mil a year?

he is not....

they should have let him go released Dupree signed 1 guy ( would have had 13.5 million to do it with ) and drafted a rookie to go with Ola ....

now if you think about it for less than that they could have Signed Hicks had money left and at 20 went after an OLB instead of an ILB...

money saved roster improved ....

and they are making the big bucks .....

tube517
03-13-2019, 10:01 AM

I heard LeBron is ready to take his talents back to his hometown and come back to Cleveland and go play for the Stains since the Lakers suck.:willy::car:

(According to Ian Rappaport) :chuckle:

cubanstogie
03-13-2019, 10:31 AM
I would like to see us sign Tyrell Williams and get rid of the Hunter project or rely on draft for a receiver. Instant upgrade and then focus on D or possible TE. You know Vance will be injured for a few games.

tube517
03-13-2019, 11:17 AM

Earl Thomas to the Ratbirds

Mojouw
03-13-2019, 11:19 AM
I know that I am usually strongly against the "what about this random old guy that just got released" type postings and signings....BUT....BUT....

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/12681/zach-brown

PFF had him as the #3 ILB across the league last season. He is not a long-term solution, but he is better than anyone currently on the roster. I honestly don't know a lot about him and wonder why the Redskins saw fit to phase him out, but this may be a one teams trash, another teams treasure...

Fire Goodell
03-13-2019, 11:25 AM

Wow, I wonder if this puts a wrench in the Browns' plan to put together a dream team. They just shipped off Peppers and it was rumored that they were going after Thomas. Still some good safeties in FA though, has Clinton-Dix been signed yet? Either way that OB trade now created a hole at safety for them.

tube517
03-13-2019, 11:29 AM

Book your tickets to Miami!!!! :tt02: :chuckle:

AtlantaDan
03-13-2019, 11:43 AM

Book your tickets to Miami!!!! :tt02: :chuckle:

Ravens sign Thomas - Steelers say hold my beer and boldly respond with the Berry signing :thumbsup:

86WARD
03-13-2019, 11:50 AM
Ravens sign Thomas - Steelers say hold my beer and boldly respond with the Berry signing :thumbsup:

Lol

st33lersguy
03-13-2019, 11:59 AM
Baltimore is the clear cut no. 2 team in the division now with Thomas and likely win the division if Cleveland goes full Cleveland. It only somewhat offsets all the defensive pieces they lost, but Earl Thomas makes the defense better

You trade AB for peanuts while your division rivals add Earl Thomas and OBJ

Fire Goodell
03-13-2019, 12:02 PM
Yeah the Steelers suck and will go last place in the division, all is lost. Feels bad man, we lost the division before the season ever started :smow:

NCSteeler
03-13-2019, 12:06 PM
Baltimore is the clear cut no. 2 team in the division now with Thomas and likely win the division if Cleveland goes full Cleveland. It only somewhat offsets all the defensive pieces they lost, but Earl Thomas makes the defense better

You trade AB for peanuts while your division rivals add Earl Thomas and OBJAre you serious. Ravens. What is third offense exactly? Oh yeah I forgot RG4 and Tebow2 . Screw them one safety and giving up two or three of third best LBers. Yeah right

cubanstogie
03-13-2019, 12:12 PM

You trade AB for peanuts while your division rivals add Earl Thomas and OBJ
Thomas is upgrade over Weddle for sure but they have lost 3 quality starters. Granted Suggs is old but still played solid. They have solid running game thats it.

st33lersguy
03-13-2019, 12:35 PM
Are you serious. Ravens. What is third offense exactly? Oh yeah I forgot RG4 and Tebow2 . Screw them one safety and giving up two or three of third best LBers. Yeah right

They aren't super bowl contenders and doesn't completely offset the other defensive losses but right now they are at least better than Pittsburgh and Cincinnati

Fire Goodell
03-13-2019, 12:44 PM
I want to see if Bell's patient style of running is going to fly behind the Jets' O-line

Shoes
03-13-2019, 12:59 PM
And Njoku down the seem or eventually Kareem Hunt out of the backfield. All the while keeping honest with Chubb and the run...

No problem Tomlin will put Artie Burns in. :chuckle:

Hound
03-13-2019, 01:05 PM
St33lerguy who is rushing the QB for the ravens? Who is catching the ball for the ravens? Lmfao

- - - Updated - - -

https://nfltraderumors.co/breaking-raiders-signing-wr-tyrell-williams/

steelreserve
03-13-2019, 01:17 PM

Will be watching for the tweet from Thomas saying "Whoops, I guess flipping out over guaranteed money and injury risk and trashing my team publicly was the wrong call, because it didn't affect me negatively at all. Actually, despite how much I bitched and moaned about being treated unfairly, I ended up with significantly MORE money this way. That must have looked pretty selfish and arrogant, and I just didn't understand the math behind it, or how things work in general. Sorry about that, everyone, I was a real tool."

See, I even wrote it out for him. Not holding my breath.

Fire Goodell
03-13-2019, 01:22 PM

That's a pretty lofty expectation. They'd have to put together a winning season first before I can take them too seriously. With that said, they look like they have a nice roster, but they also did last year.

With that said, they better hope it pans out no less than what you expect, otherwise look for them to suck for another 10 years if they don't pull it off soon. Those high # of players on rookie contracts will have to get paid as soon as those are up, and they just spent big money and high picks on OBJ

tube517
03-13-2019, 01:25 PM

Fire Goodell
03-13-2019, 01:26 PM

Nice. The Raiders are on their way to being the Falcons in the Jeff George era. Score 30+ points a game and go 5-11

Hound
03-13-2019, 03:28 PM
Eric Berry released

munchy
03-13-2019, 03:38 PM

yikes, and with 3 first rounders they could edge, lb, and cb or te and grab a rb in the second.............it will be interesting to see how they turn out

DesertSteel
03-13-2019, 03:48 PM
Having a great QB like Mahomes gives a team much bigger balls to release Pro Bowl players left and right...

Fire Goodell
03-13-2019, 05:13 PM
Having a great QB like Mahomes gives a team much bigger balls to release Pro Bowl players left and right...

Great QB with zero defense though, it'll be a repeat of Marino's career.

NCSteeler
03-13-2019, 05:31 PM
I want to see if Bell's patient style of running is going to fly behind the Jets' O-lineLots of lost yardage. Jets will be better but bell idk

86WARD
03-14-2019, 04:33 AM
I think it’s safe to say that Andy Reid will be going defense heavy in the draft...

stillers4me
03-14-2019, 05:48 AM

teegre
03-14-2019, 06:38 AM
That's a pretty lofty expectation. They'd have to put together a winning season first before I can take them too seriously. With that said, they look like they have a nice roster, but they also did last year.

With that said, they better hope it pans out no less than what you expect, otherwise look for them to suck for another 10 years if they don't pull it off soon. Those high # of players on rookie contracts will have to get paid as soon as those are up, and they just spent big money and high picks on OBJ

Last season, the Browns were 13 points away from going 12-4 and being the #2 seed. While my prediction is indeed a bit lofty, I see them the same as buying stock in “book company” back in 2005.

Of course, “two appearances in the next four seasons” goes against my other prediction of a Steelers threepeat... :huh: but, either way, the AFC North will be heavily represented in the Super Bowl over the next half-decade.

tube517
03-14-2019, 07:06 AM

Is this Lee Flowers burner account?

Hound
03-14-2019, 09:01 AM
Fort signs with the eagles. Run out of options Mr Colbert, your the one who said the Steelers didn’t do enough to replace Ryan Shazier

tube517
03-14-2019, 09:22 AM

Why?

AtlantaDan
03-14-2019, 09:24 AM
Fort signs with the eagles. Run out of options Mr Colbert, your the one who said the Steelers didn’t do enough to replace Ryan Shazier

Fort got a $875,000 signing bonus and will make base salaries of $1.025 million in 2019 and $1.5 million in 2020 and 2021.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/14/eagles-add-l-j-fort-on-three-year-deal/

Nice bump from the 705K he made with the Steelers in 2018

https://overthecap.com/player/l-j-fort/295/

st33lersguy
03-14-2019, 09:25 AM
Why are we resigning from our own scrap heap?

munchy
03-14-2019, 09:31 AM

ummm, does farrior know that is more than what the steelers are?

- - - Updated - - -

Why?

really, all those draft picks and you dont think you could find a replacement?
this is the crap that infuriates me.

Hound
03-14-2019, 09:42 AM
Well, the inside linebacker position is even thinner now than after the season. I understand we may get a Devin in the draft, but injuries occur and really don’t want to see Vince or Bostic playing in the nickel or dime

Mojouw
03-14-2019, 09:45 AM
Last season the Steelers drafted the DT that everyone said was an ideal NT. He stunk and I’m not sure he’s even in the league anymore. So you throw some cheaper deal at Big Dan because he can at least kinda play in the NFL. Hopefully they still draft someone. But what would they do if that draft pick sucked like Frazier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelreserve
03-14-2019, 10:08 AM

Why?

"All right, Mr. Rooney - now that Bell and Brown are gone, we need to decide what to do about all those crappy players who aren't helping us at all."

"Hmm, this is difficult ... Wait, I know! We'll give them all TWO-year deals! That way they'll be twice as good!"

"Uh, I'm not entirely sure that's how it works."

"Why didn't I think of this before?! It's a stroke of genius!"

"Well, yes, Mr. Rooney, but --"

"A STROKE OF GENIUS!"

"But Mr. Rooney, I --" ... (sigh) ... "You know what, it's fine. I'll see to it right away, sir."

Fire Goodell
03-14-2019, 10:58 AM
I guess we're going ILB this draft unless we sign another. Devin Bush, Germaine Pratt, or David Long I'll be cool with.

Wonder why we didn't keep fort at that low of a price though, and Dirty Red shouldn't be on the team. Heck we're so thin at ILB I wouldn't even complain if they werent after 2 of the 3 players I mentioned. I mean we got 10 draft picks, why not. After all, we went after 2 safeties last year.

Mojouw
03-14-2019, 11:35 AM
I guess we're going ILB this draft unless we sign another. Devin Bush, Germaine Pratt, or David Long I'll be cool with.

Wonder why we didn't keep fort at that low of a price though, and Dirty Red shouldn't be on the team. Heck we're so thin at ILB I wouldn't even complain if they werent after 2 of the 3 players I mentioned. I mean we got 10 draft picks, why not. After all, we went after 2 safeties last year.

Because Fort only looks good compared to the dirtballs this team has roled out. He isn't objectively any good and he is like 29 or something somehow. Matakevich will keep making the roster as long as he keeps making a handful of excellent special teams plays per year. He is the LB version of matthew slater.

tube517
03-14-2019, 12:58 PM

:lol:

st33lersguy
03-14-2019, 03:09 PM
Bears got HaHa Clinton-Dix on a 1-year contract for only $3.5 million. Holy shit is right. Now paired with Eddie Jackson

Method28
03-14-2019, 03:46 PM
Bears got HaHa Clinton-Dix on a 1-year contract for only $3.5 million. Holy shit is right. Now paired with Eddie JacksonMeh lol not a big fan of Dix

tube517
03-14-2019, 03:48 PM
Golden Tate to the Giants

Mojouw
03-14-2019, 03:59 PM

Talk about poorly run teams. 23+ million in guarantees to Tate to be on a team that should be going full rebuild?

All because ownership refuses to admit Eli is done. Stupid. Then they doubled down on stupid. Now they are tripling down on it.

st33lersguy
03-14-2019, 07:23 PM
Giants wtf are you guys doing?

NCSteeler
03-14-2019, 08:15 PM
Can't decide if they Are tanking, rebuilding or shooting for it all. LMAO.

Mojouw
03-14-2019, 08:19 PM
Can't decide if they Are tanking, rebuilding or shooting for it all. LMAO.

Apparently neither can they!

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
03-14-2019, 08:47 PM
Rebuilding but are trying to win a few games to keep fans in the stands. They have to go QB with their top 1.

st33lersguy
03-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Chiefs 2019 plans: let mahomes take care of it

- - - Updated - - -

Golden gate is probably the 2nd best player on the giants right now

hawaiiansteeler
03-18-2019, 04:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9WCcOvhtA