PDA

View Full Version : This organization is a joke

st33lersguy
03-10-2019, 09:18 AM
I was going to post a long tirade but this organization is not worth the time such rant would take. Bad enough that this team settles for no playoffs as long as it is a non-losing season but getting fleeced by another incompetent organization in the Raiders and an incompetent owner in Mark Davis and trading away a once-in-a-generation talent in AB for a bag of peanuts when Amari Cooper who isn't 20% the receiver AB is netted a 1st round pick after claiming there would be a steep price to pay shows just how far this team has fallen and how spineless they are. AB and the Raiders laugh their ass off along with the rest of the AFC North. This is the new most poorly run team in the AFC North. Sad thing is we've probably gotten to the point where, if we are lucky, this team goes 4-12 and Art finally realizes change needs to be made and he fires everybody and starts over. Unfortunately they will probably go 8-8 or 9-7, miss the playoffs but do well enough for no changes to be made. And people actually believe this team can still compete for a Super Bowl? What a joke. You can insert your hate comments below I don't care

pczach
03-10-2019, 09:30 AM
It's what the team does in the draft and in free agency following the trade that matters. I have no idea how they will do, and neither do you.

We have to see who they sign and who they draft. Until we see who is added to the roster, your post is no more valid than an incorrect tweet about the AB trade.

Let's see what they do before we throw rocks. That's all I'm saying.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
03-10-2019, 09:34 AM
No hate comments at all and what I been preaching all night after the trade. It's a joke who is running the Steelers from top to bottom! They have no balls and why the team went haywire on them. They proved this now to the whole league and are the laughing stock!! It' actually sux for once to be a Steeler fan and have to support this org. Their no longer good owners, Gm's or coaches. Just a bunch of pussy baby sisters that let the children roll them when they cry!

Hound
03-10-2019, 09:46 AM
We traded a soon to be 31 year old diva receiver. This has happened a couple times in the Steelers organizations history. This isn’t the end of the world and really depends on what happens with the compensation the Steelers got. The Steelers have a bunch of young talent on its team and aren’t going anywhere. The thing that needs to be addressed is what led AB to his actions. No more excuses for Tomlin, tighten that locker room up!

- - - Updated - - -

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/992457075853807616/P4dY3K8s_bigger.jpg (https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN)

(https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN)

(https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1104754765903335425)

A few positives for Steelers:

*Now have 10 draft picks in 2019 (assuming pick from Gilbert deal for this year)
*Get rid of the headache
*Move on from player before on-field decline
*Can reimagine the offense with balanced attack

Neversatisfied
03-10-2019, 09:51 AM
I think what transpired last night coupled with the way last season ended has people really questioning the direction of the Steelers organization. The Steelers are now an average team with an aging QB. I'm not sure that even if the Steelers got a high draft pick from Oakland and picked a Defensive player high in the draft it would have worked out. The current Steeler FO is very good at Drafting and developing Offensive talent but absolutely terrible at developing secondary players. The only player in the secondary worth keeping during a yard sale would be Haden and he has traded for. I'm disappointed but certainly not surprised.

vasteeler
03-10-2019, 09:53 AM
What else were they going to do? Keep him here and pay for him to sit on the bench? I think we got what we could.

03-10-2019, 10:00 AM
What else were they going to do? Keep him here and pay for him to sit on the bench? I think we got what we could. Better then watch him be so good for another team that offered peanuts for him.

86WARD
03-10-2019, 10:04 AM
What else were they going to do? Keep him here and pay for him to sit on the bench? I think we got what we could.

Yes. He sits the bench. He gets suspended, Steelers save the salary. But in typical fashion, they let another player cause distractions and work their way out of town and get what they ultimately want. Dysfunctional Players 4 - Steelers 0. Players win and they win big when they want to get out of Pittsburgh.

If this happened and Cleveland were the team in place of the Steelers, this place would be erupting in laughter with LOLs, LMAOs, Browns being Browns, No matter how hard they try comments all over the place.

vasteeler
03-10-2019, 10:11 AM

03-10-2019, 10:14 AM
Yes. He sits the bench. He gets suspended, Steelers save the salary. But in typical fashion, they let another player cause distractions and work their way out of town and get what they ultimately want. Dysfunctional Players 4 - Steelers 0. Players win and they win big when they want to get out of Pittsburgh.

If this happened and Cleveland were the team in place of the Steelers, this place would be erupting in laughter with LOLs, LMAOs, Browns being Browns, No matter how hard they try comments all over the place. Well said and again, The owner is a wuss, GM and coaches just the same. Why players act out cause they get what they want in the end. Bradshaw nailed it when he called Tomlin a cheerleader. AJR and Colbert are Babysitters!

Born2Steel
03-10-2019, 10:27 AM

Agreed. This was de-valued by AB and his agent with his antics and refusing to go to Buffalo. Had nothing to do with the Steelers FO. Have to let this play out and see what/who the trade actually produces. These reactions on here are just plain dumb. NOBODY KNOWS YET!

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 10:44 AM
Agreed. This was de-valued by AB and his agent with his antics and refusing to go to Buffalo. Had nothing to do with the Steelers FO. Have to let this play out and see what/who the trade actually produces. These reactions on here are just plain dumb. NOBODY KNOWS YET!

^^^^^This^^^^^^

We came out on the upside of the Martavis Bryant trade. Who knows what Mr. Big Chest is going to come up with next. Good bye and good riddance.

I would have liked to get more compensation for him, but he pretty much sabotaged that. We made Brown the highest paid WR in the league at one time and he was happy with that at the time. It won't take long before someone else gets a better contract (and I hope to God it's JuJu :toofunny:) and he'll throw another temper tantrum.

Not. Our. Problem. Anymore.

Bluecoat96
03-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Here's my take that I've mentioned a few times. I think we're seeing a shift in how players and agents negotiate. The next CBA will be very interesting, to say the least.

Also, the way Steelers structure contracts is going to have to change. Steelers have to adapt. They were structuring deals this way when Dan was alive, so blaming the current regime is just silly.

My question is this. Do the Steelers have the capital (Money) to do contracts differently? Is it easier for multi- billionaire owners to throw out huge guaranteed money in a contract? I feel like this could be a factor, but don't have an in-depth understanding of how all that cap stuff works. But hey....let's just say the owner and coaches suck. That's the easy way out.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Moose
03-10-2019, 11:33 AM
It's what the team does in the draft and in free agency following the trade that matters. I have no idea how they will do, and neither do you.

We have to see who they sign and who they draft. Until we see who is added to the roster, your post is no more valid than an incorrect tweet about the AB trade.

I agree 100%

JayC
03-10-2019, 11:35 AM
it's impossible to get fair value when the player is now in his 30s, is an egomaniac, and held the team hostage. i'm not happy with the compensation we received but we did the best we could. Colbert is not to blame, AB is.

Even though we will be worse off without AB on the field, I am glad he's gone, one less locker room cancer.

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 11:38 AM
it's impossible to get fair value when the player is now in his 30s, is an egomaniac, and held the team hostage. i'm not happy with the compensation we received but we did the best we could. Colbert is not to blame, AB is.

Even though we will be worse off without AB on the field, I am glad he's gone, one less locker room cancer.

^^^this^^^^

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2019, 11:39 AM
They got an equivalent of a 2nd round pick for him. Given that there wasn't a ton of demand for 31 year old HOF WR with his contract, they got what they could for him.

I think you have to look as what are the reasons for the #1 WR in football leaving and the #1 RB in football leaving your team and evaluate moving forward.

Born2Steel
03-10-2019, 12:29 PM
They got an equivalent of a 2nd round pick for him. Given that there wasn't a ton of demand for 31 year old HOF WR with his contract, they got what they could for him.

I think you have to look as what are the reasons for the #1 WR in football leaving and the #1 RB in football leaving your team and evaluate moving forward.

The reasons are guaranteed money. Bell had a knee reconstruction, offseason groin repair surgery, and who knows what other bumps and bruises that are 'part' of the wear and tear of an NFL player. AB has dealt with some sort of knee issue for 3 seasons now. Players want more guarantees in their contracts. How much do you think the Shazier career ending injury played a role in some locker room attitudes? I would think more than a bit. Maybe not as far as rookie contracts, but I think we will see those 2nd contracts demand more guaranteed money and up front money than in the past. Plus FAs already seem to demand and get more than re-signings do.

Michael
03-10-2019, 12:34 PM
I was going to post a long tirade but this organization is not worth the time such rant would take. Bad enough that this team settles for no playoffs as long as it is a non-losing season but getting fleeced by another incompetent organization in the Raiders and an incompetent owner in Mark Davis and trading away a once-in-a-generation talent in AB for a bag of peanuts when Amari Cooper who isn't 20% the receiver AB is netted a 1st round pick after claiming there would be a steep price to pay shows just how far this team has fallen and how spineless they are. AB and the Raiders laugh their ass off along with the rest of the AFC North. This is the new most poorly run team in the AFC North. Sad thing is we've probably gotten to the point where, if we are lucky, this team goes 4-12 and Art finally realizes change needs to be made and he fires everybody and starts over. Unfortunately they will probably go 8-8 or 9-7, miss the playoffs but do well enough for no changes to be made. And people actually believe this team can still compete for a Super Bowl? What a joke. You can insert your hate comments below I don't care

You are 110 percent correct. I frankly do not want to read the rationalizations any longer. Our only hope is Art Rooney 11 and my hope in him is declining. I am starting to think new ownership might be the answer.Its bad. Can it be corrected. Yes . Will it ...I believe the next period of free agency is critical.

Born2Steel
03-10-2019, 12:40 PM
:violin: I think this move proves the Steelers are looking for a new fanbase. This one seems to be full of malcontents.

Michael
03-10-2019, 12:41 PM

Fair enough.

Michael
03-10-2019, 12:56 PM
Here's my take that I've mentioned a few times. I think we're seeing a shift in how players and agents negotiate. The next CBA will be very interesting, to say the least.

Also, the way Steelers structure contracts is going to have to change. Steelers have to adapt. They were structuring deals this way when Dan was alive, so blaming the current regime is just silly.

My question is this. Do the Steelers have the capital (Money) to do contracts differently? Is it easier for multi- billionaire owners to throw out huge guaranteed money in a contract? I feel like this could be a factor, but don't have an in-depth understanding of how all that cap stuff works. But hey....let's just say the owner and coaches suck. That's the easy way out.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

No it is not the easy way out. It is the truth being presented as some of see it. Tomlin is the most obvious problem. The criticisms have been presented and we all know what they are. Many of us loyal fans are disgusted with his bullshit ways and his inability to lead and plan. No business could survive with his phony ineffective leadership Colbert does not look very bright . Art looks passive and/or content with his way of life. Trust me I want to be very wrong but this bull shit needs to stop. I am not buying it. Its not easy. Its expressing frustration and disappointment. The heat needs to be turned up on Tomlin, Colbert & Rooney.

st33lersguy
03-10-2019, 01:30 PM
By the way, this isn't an overreaction to one move this is the culminating reaction to a series of awful missteps so very late November of last year

A late season skid that saw the Steelers puss away a2.5 game lead to miss the playoffs after a drama filled season
Keith butler and Danny smith are retained despite years of incompetence (all while their only good coaches Saxon (who was let go) and munchak (who fled to denver) are gone)
Art Rooney denies any issues despite clear evidence of the contrary while at the same time sets an incredibly low standard. Kevin Colbert later denies the drama as well
That leads us to the AB trade which also by the way marks the 2nd time in 3 months they got embarrassed by one of the most poorly run organizations in professional sports

DesertSteel
03-10-2019, 04:42 PM
:violin: I think this move proves the Steelers are looking for a new fanbase. This one seems to be full of malcontents.
While I’m sure you wrote this tongue in check, it’s probably a concern that their ownership should warm up to. I don’t think they’ll lose the complainers, like us grouchy old men here, but the casual to casual-plus fan that spends $ might move along. This is a business after all.

Hound
03-10-2019, 05:53 PM
Not all Steelers fans are grouchy old men. Some are positive old men that realize that AB leaving may end up being for the best. Some also realize that this isn’t a sprint but a race that lasts for awhile. Don’t give up on the Steelers or the this site. The Steelers have been relevant for a long time, that isn’t changing

hawaiiansteeler
03-10-2019, 05:55 PM

I'm fully aware of our history of not being big players in free agency but I truly believe we need to find a couple of FA starters/role players this offseason because we have way too many holes to fill with rookies alone.

steelreserve
03-10-2019, 07:12 PM
This all happened while I was on an airplane all day, so I literally saw it 5 minutes ago ... but yup, I'd have to agree with the title.

$21M in dead cap space ... check

All-Pro player traded for mid-round junk ... check

Guy tries to get out of his contract by being a dickhead, and we ultimately give him exactly what he wants ... check.

For me, even ONE of those would have been a showstopper. We got played, we embarrassed ourselves, and we made ourselves into a doormat. Again.

Weirdly, I can still totally see this eventually working out to be a trade that we "won," but only because the whole thing turns out to be a railroad car full of shit on fire.

munchy
03-10-2019, 09:41 PM

or we could pay him to play on another team, give him his way, show major organization weakness, be laughing stocks by fans, gms and agents..............we are getting what we deserved

pczach
03-10-2019, 10:03 PM
I'm fully aware of our history of not being big players in free agency but I truly believe we need to find a couple of FA starters/role players this offseason because we have way too many holes to fill with rookies alone.

I agree.

The team needs to fill some holes with quality, proven players. If they can do that in free agency and then kill it in the draft.....things will get turned around very quickly.

The whole Bell and AB saga will be laughed off for years to come as we celebrate the next generation of winners.

munchy
03-10-2019, 10:08 PM
I agree.

The team needs to fill some holes with quality, proven players. If they can do that in free agency and then kill it in the draft.....things will get turned around very quickly.

The whole Bell and AB saga will be laughed off for years to come as we celebrate the next generation of winners.

winners of what, the afcn?

pczach
03-10-2019, 10:21 PM
winners of what, the afcn?

My post was a little deeper than that.

If you don't understand what I was saying about turning everything around quickly and adding new talent to the roster, I don't know what to tell you.

If you think that a sarcastic post is the best way to respond to a sincere post I made about the opportunity the team has to reshape itself and all the possibilities that come with that, you need to try to be a little more positive and stop letting your emotions get in the way of seeing what is possible.

steelreserve
03-10-2019, 10:23 PM

Honestly, I think this team has too many flaws to fix this year and not enough draft picks or cap space to deal with them all.

Bugs Bunny already has both fingers and both toes in the dam stopping leaks, and his mouth is over the last one and water is coming out his ears.

This team is just going to have problems next season, if it's not Bostic covering WRs, it'll be a guy like Ryan Mundy starting at DB, and if it's not that, it'll be a passing game that's suddenly ineffective and no DL depth.

The only way I see everything working out is if 4 or 5 existing low-level guys suddenly put it all together by blind luck. But then our coaching situation is not really conducive to that either. Too many problems.