PDA

View Full Version : AB is now a raider .... ??

Dwinsgames
03-09-2019, 11:40 PM
AB tweeted a pic of himself in a raider uni now this .....

compensation yet to break or official report

- - - Updated - - -

BEERgods225
03-09-2019, 11:42 PM
I just want this to be over already. I'm sick of the drama. Same for Bell, just let him sign already. Then we can move on to the draft already.

COMPENSATION: The last report I heard was Oakland offering a second and fourth but that was as of Thursday night before the Buffalo trade report.

BlackAndGold
AB for a 2019 3rd and 5th.

LMAOOOOO

Dwinsgames
ouch the compensations BLOWS ......

steelers get a 3rd and 5th in aprils draft ... colbert is a dumbass

BlackAndGold
03-09-2019, 11:48 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/5fff77e20dd38d046b61f3779f10c69f/tenor.gif?itemid=5452517

Rotorhead
03-09-2019, 11:49 PM
A 3rd and a 5th? Can’t even move up in the draft to get a good pick. I guess Gruden got us back for the Bongtavus trade!

Neversatisfied
03-10-2019, 12:00 AM
So much for "We wont give him away" what a joke.

Dwinsgames
03-10-2019, 12:05 AM
if it makes anyone feel any better ( it wont ) but that 3rd is 2 picks into the round so almost a 2nd .... the 5th is 4 picks into the round so almost a 4th ....

yeah I know it still sucks

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
03-10-2019, 12:05 AM
ouch the compensations BLOWS ......

steelers get a 3rd and 5th in aprils draft ... colbert is a dumbass Yep he is also Bell & Browns Bitch! Steeler's got punk big time by AB and he makes them look like a joke!

BEERgods225
03-10-2019, 12:08 AM
So where does that leave us with picks?

*FA Signing ILB Jordan Hicks (f/Phi) & CB Pierre Desir (f/Ind)

RD1 CB - Byron Murphy - Washington
RD2 WR - Riley Ridley - Georgia
RD3 (f/Oak) ILB - Germaine Pratt - NC State
RD3 S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - Florida
RD4 DE/OLB - Chance Winovich - Michigan
RD5 (f/Oak) RB - Bryce Love - Stanford
RD5 TRADED to Oak then Buf
RD6 (f/Oak) OT - Mitch Hyatt - Clemson
RD6 (f/Ari) TE - Alize Mack - Notre Dame
RD6 Depth
RD7 (f/TB) Depth
RD7 TRADED to Cle then Mia then Det

With ten Draft Picks, the team will be busy on draft weekend because I don't see them drafting ten players.

03-10-2019, 12:08 AM
Lol AB had more power all along then the whole Steerers Brass! AB I bet is laughing his ass off!

BEERgods225
03-10-2019, 12:14 AM
Lol AB had more power all along then the whole Steerers Brass! AB I bet is laughing his ass off!

Yeah, it's amazing how much the team has changed over the last twenty years. They never used to let the players control anything. If you messed up, you were gone....Similar to how New England operates now.

Neversatisfied
03-10-2019, 12:21 AM
Steelers: "Ok, you guys have 3 1st round picks and we want one of them and a defensive player"
Raiders: " No, we were thinking a 3rd and 5th"
Steelers: " You've got yourselves a deal!!"

BEERgods225
03-10-2019, 12:25 AM
Steelers: "Ok, you guys have 3 1st round picks and we want one of them and a defensive player"
Raiders: " No, we were thinking a 3rd and 5th"
Steelers: " You've got yourselves a deal!!"

I think it was more like this:

Steelers: "Ok, you guys have (3) 1st round picks and we want one of them plus a defensive player"
Raiders: " We were kinda thinking maybe a 2nd and a 4th"
Steelers: "No way, we'll wait three days and only except a 3rd and 5th."
Raiders: "Ah Shucks, Golly gee, I guess we'll take it then."

03-10-2019, 12:26 AM
Yeah, it's amazing how much the team has changed over the last twenty years. They never used to let the players control anything. If you messed up, you were gone....Similar to how New England operates now. Agreed and will only get worse with Dan gone. ARJ is a figure head and don't know much at all.

Neversatisfied
03-10-2019, 12:43 AM
I think it was more like this:

Steelers: "Ok, you guys have (3) 1st round picks and we want one of them plus a defensive player"
Raiders: " We were kinda thinking maybe a 2nd and a 4th"
Steelers: "No way, we'll wait three days and only except a 3rd and 5th."
Raiders: "Ah Shucks, Golly gee, I guess we'll take it then."

Lol, seems legit

Mojouw
03-10-2019, 12:55 AM
Crap sandwich all the way around.

Steeldude
03-10-2019, 12:57 AM
Steelers get bent over. Surprising? Not at all.

This team needs a new HC and GM.

03-10-2019, 01:01 AM

This team needs a new HC and GM. Owner as well, AJR is worthless as well. Steelers are the laughing stock of the league. They proved again none of them have a set!

BEERgods225
03-10-2019, 01:04 AM

This team needs a new HC and GM.

You know Pittsburgh hasn't won anything in Oakland in years, why should they start now? smh.

smokin3000gt
03-10-2019, 01:13 AM
how disappointing that we let him go for nothing.

03-10-2019, 01:42 AM
how disappointing that we let him go for nothing. Not surprising and left Holmes go not much after he was a SB MVP for a 5th rd pick. They cave easy when it comes to trades. I'm glad they rely on the draft and not trades!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steeldude
03-10-2019, 01:54 AM
Not surprising and left Holmes go not much after he was a SB MVP for a 5th rd pick. They cave easy when it comes to trades. I'm glad they rely on the draft and not trades!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their drafting hasn't appeared to be that great. Burns, Dupree and Jones are/were all duds.

hawaiiansteeler
03-10-2019, 03:34 AM
Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown from Steelers for 2019 3rd- and 5th-round picks

When it was announced that Antonio Brown was traded to the Raiders, I thought that it would be a good deal for Oakland if it surrendered a second-round pick instead of one of its three first-rounders. It turns out that I severely underestimated Pittsburgh's asking price this late in the process, as the Raiders didn't even have to relinquish their second-round choice.

Oakland will send third- and fifth-round selections to the Steelers for Brown. This is an absolute steal. The bad opinion sports media is already finding a way to bash this trade because they inexplicably hate Jon Gruden, but it's illogical to think that this is a bad deal for Oakland. Last offseason, the Raiders also acquired a receiver from the Steelers. That was Martavis Bryant. They gave up a third-round pick for him. So, how is Brown worth just a fifth-round choice more than Bryant was? Granted, the Bryant trade ended up being horrible, but I feel as though Pittsburgh should've been able to obtain a second-rounder for Brown. This is bad value for Brown, and I have to dock the Steelers appropriately.

The Raiders, on the other hand, got a major steal. That said, I have to question if we'll see Brown's full effort in Oakland, as he's an aging, diva receiver. But Brown at 75 or 80 percent is still much better than what Oakland had at receiver last year, and that includes Amari Cooper, who wasn't trying very hard for the Silver and Black prior to the trade with Dallas.

The Raiders have to receive a great grade for this trade. Brown's contract, on the other hand, doesn't seem very good, and I'll cover that next on the NFL Free Agent Grades page.

Grade for Raiders - A-
Grade for Steelers - D

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfltrades.php#d7olo0ICO6EtFeLH.99

Hound
03-10-2019, 04:29 AM
At least the two biggest ass clowns are gone. Compensation is not what it should be, but let’s see what is done with the picks.

Bluecoat96
03-10-2019, 05:00 AM
Since AB has supposedly gotten a new contract, do the Steelers get any additional salary cap relief? I have yet to see anything 100% official on the trade.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

03-10-2019, 05:01 AM
At least the two biggest ass clowns are gone. Compensation is not what it should be, but let’s see what is done with the picks. Yea the two biggest ass clowns are gone. This trade just proves how weak the Steelers Brass are! No wonder no coach that doesn't produce will never get fired. Evil Genius Brown done proved they are all bitches! Brown played dumb but in the end played them like a fiddle! Again he is laughing his ass off for days to come.

03-10-2019, 05:20 AM
Video of Colbert negotiating with Gruden about the AB trade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v325wdgoFH4

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. Colbert isn't wearing the black hat.

Bluecoat96
03-10-2019, 06:40 AM
So...this would certainly lesson the blow of trading AB.

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeTate/status/1104630816351506432?s=19

86WARD
03-10-2019, 06:48 AM
So just like I expected, the Steelers give AB away for “free”. Another player walks all over them and gets what he wants. If they don’t make it deep,into the playoffs, Colbert, Tomlin and the coaching staff need to go. They’ve become a total joke of a staff.

Typical off season, Colbert won’t make any splash signings in free agency...will sit tight and sign some Jon Bostic, Sean Mahan, Morgan Burnett types. Then they’ll draft ten players, not use the extra picks to move up or anything and maybe 3 players will be contributors. This team went from elite to ordinary very fast...lol.

86WARD
03-10-2019, 06:52 AM
Good news: I can stop following him on Twitter and Instagram.

03-10-2019, 06:56 AM
Good news: I can stop following him on Twitter and Instagram. Maybe now he will drop his restraining order, JK!

86WARD
03-10-2019, 06:57 AM
$21.12M hit is more than 17 teams have allocated to ALL of their WRs combined and more than any other WR counts against their team...lol. 3rd and 5th...

AB wins!

03-10-2019, 07:00 AM
$21.12M hit is more than 17 teams have allocated to ALL of their WRs combined and more than any other WR counts against their team...lol. 3rd and 5th...

AB wins! Again played the Steelers like a fiddle. Honest to God who would even want to come here as a player ? This org is a joke now from the owner on down!!!!!!!!

GBMelBlount
03-10-2019, 07:13 AM
Does anyone feel there is a difference maker on defense worth trading up for in the first and know what it would cost us?

DesertSteel
03-10-2019, 07:19 AM
What more can be said that hasn’t?? Colbert is such a LOSER. I’m glad it’s over though.

Bluecoat96
03-10-2019, 07:20 AM
Again played the Steelers like a fiddle. Honest to God who would even want to come here as a player ? This org is a joke now from the owner on down!!!!!!!!The Steelers are anything but a joke. Honestly, I think we're seeing the players in the NFL trying to take more control of their contracts, as greedy and self centered as it is. Leveon, AB, Donald, Mack are just the beginning of a real shitstorm about to hit the NFL. If anything, the manner in which the Steelers structure contracts might have to be looked at. And don't forget...the Steelers did contracts the same way....when Dan Rooney was alive. I don't hear anyone insulting his leadership abilities around here.

DesertSteel
03-10-2019, 07:21 AM
Brown will never be welcomed back. Time won’t heal this.

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers are anything but a joke. Honestly, I think we're seeing the players in the NFL trying to take more control of their contracts, as greedy and self centered as it is. Leveon, AB, Donald, Mack are just the beginning of a real shitstorm about to hit the NFL. If anything, the manner in which the Steelers structure contracts might have to be looked at. And don't forget...the Steelers did contracts the same way....when Dan Rooney was alive. I don't hear anyone insulting his leadership abilities around here.

Blockbuster used to charge rewind fees too.

vader29
03-10-2019, 07:26 AM

Michael
03-10-2019, 07:26 AM
Yeah, it's amazing how much the team has changed over the last twenty years. They never used to let the players control anything. If you messed up, you were gone....Similar to how New England operates now.

Tomlin ruined this franchise Rooney allowed it to happen. .

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 07:27 AM

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 07:37 AM
The real winner? JuJu.

Not only did JuJu replace Sammie Coates, and Martavis Bryant, he made Antonio Brown quit, too.

:hatsoff:

AtlantaDan
03-10-2019, 07:48 AM

Yep - props to AB and Rosenhaus for playing their cards brilliantly. Got the new contract that was behind all of this and vetoed a trade to where he did not want to go. We can hate this sort of behavior being rewarded but it’s a business and AB took care of AB

Bell and Harrison did AB a solid by making the Steelers afraid another player would sit out the season or disrupt the locker room if he did not get what he wanted. The reputations of AJRII and Colbert have taken a big hit for the consequences of mismanaging the contract demands of Bell and AB.

Bottom line is Steelers lose one of the best receivers in the game with little in return to fill another big hole in the roster - no way to spin this as anything other than a total disaster

03-10-2019, 07:49 AM
Since AB has supposedly gotten a new contract, do the Steelers get any additional salary cap relief? I have yet to see anything 100% official on the trade.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using TapatalkLol The Steelers might have a chance at Golden Tate three years past his prime ? Thank you I feel better now. You are missing the point the Steelers gave up the best wr in the league for mere peanuts! Worst then that they talked a big game and folded like bitches!!!! Nobody will respect them now at all!!!!!!! I get you though and are just trying to be positive!

Bluecoat96
03-10-2019, 07:52 AM
Lol The Steelers might have a chance at Golden Tate three years past his prime ? Thank you I feel better now. You are missing the point the Steelers gave up the best wr in the league for mere peanuts! Worst then that they talked a big game and folded like bitches!!!! Nobody will respect them now at all!!!!!!! I get you though and are just trying to be positive!I was just wondering if we got any relief salary cap wise if AB signed a new deal. From the sounds of it....nope.

03-10-2019, 07:58 AM
I was just wondering if we got any relief salary cap wise if AB signed a new deal. From the sounds of it....nope.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk Get ya and I was just bring up about Golden Tate since you mention him. All good and what it is,is what it is now. IMO worse then giving up the best wr in the league for almost nothing. Is how weak the org. looks to the rest of the world. A bunch of pushovers and not a sack on any of them!

03-10-2019, 08:05 AM
I was just wondering if we got any relief salary cap wise if AB signed a new deal. From the sounds of it....nope.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk I guess they recovered the 2.5 Mill and not sure that was even against the cap. AB got over on them good!

silver & black
03-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Well............. I knew this was going to happen because, well........ Raiders.

I'm sorry you guys got screwed in this deal, but so did the Raiders IMO.

AB will be a disaster when he figures out what most of us Raiders fans already know... Carr is way over rated.

03-10-2019, 08:24 AM
Well............. I knew this was going to happen because, well........ Raiders.

I'm sorry you guys got screwed in this deal, but so did the Raiders IMO.

AB will be a disaster when he figures out what most of us Raiders fans already know... Carr is way over rated. BS and will be great for you guys and Carr will feed him the ball like he did to Cooper. Only difference is AB will catch most of them. Good for you guys and great trade!

NCSteeler
03-10-2019, 08:29 AM
So much for "We wont give him away" what a joke.Yep Colbert is looking like crap this morning. Reports floating that Ben forced the trade .

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

JayC
03-10-2019, 08:36 AM
wow couldn't even get a high 2nd for that asshole. ab gets paid, steelers get somewhat less compensation then they should've. i guess acting like a manchild works

ALLD
03-10-2019, 08:36 AM
Back to mediocrity on both sides. At least my boycott of the NFL will be painless now. I will enjoy spending the weekend at my beach house NOT watching the NFL just like I gave up MLB in the 1990s. Good luck to all.

silver & black
03-10-2019, 08:41 AM
BS and will be great for you guys and Carr will feed him the ball like he did to Cooper. Only difference is AB will catch most of them. Good for you guys and great trade!

We did well with the trade part. I'm just not sold on AB being "all in" with the Raiders. Remember.... I lived through the Randy Moss fiasco. WR's are a strange bunch... more like butt hurt girls when things don't go their way...lol.

NCSteeler
03-10-2019, 08:42 AM
How long before brown realizes carr can't get him the ball? Carr be throwing 2 dozen ints browns way. Steelers fucked that thing up. What bitches they are damn I'd not dress him every week before I'd sell out for a ham sandwich and a bag of chips

The Bark
03-10-2019, 08:43 AM
You know, as a former Las Vegan, I can only say one thing....

​DIVA LAS VEGAS!

NCSteeler
03-10-2019, 08:44 AM
You know, as a former Las Vegan, I can only say one thing....

​DIVA LAS VEGAS!

6Good chance that whole thing melts down before brown ever plays a snap in Vegas

Hound
03-10-2019, 08:54 AM
Tomlin has Zero room for any player personnel issues

86WARD
03-10-2019, 08:57 AM
I guess they recovered the 2.5 Mill and not sure that was even against the cap. AB got over on them good!

The $2.5M wasn’t even an issue. That $2.5M roster bonus was payable over 17 weeks so any team that would’ve traded for him before the season began would’ve been paying that $2.5M. That was never going to come out of the Steelers pocket unless Brown stayed with them.

Steelers lost all the way around and have been losing ever since Tomlin and Colbert let Blount walk all over them. The only thing consistent has been the fact they’ve been pushovers.

AtlantaDan
03-10-2019, 08:58 AM
Yep Colbert is looking like crap this morning. Reports floating that Ben forced the trade .

Links to any credible reports on Ben forcing this?

I read Florio’s speculation on that this weekend but a lot of what he posts is just him guessing.

Long article by Bill Barnwell on ESPN.com makes some interesting points while concluding Mike Mayock fleeced Kevin Colbert

The Antonio Brown (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/13934/antonio-brown) trade, at its core, is about money. It's about a lot of other things -- power, respect, aging and double standards all come to mind -- but at the end of the day, this is a trade about money, which is why I didn't think it was going to happen....

In the process of trying to push his way out of Pittsburgh, Brown eroded the organization's leverage. The Steelers spent the past two months publicly flailing, alternately leaking stories that suggested a trade hinged on getting a first-round pick, then suggesting it wouldn't. They set a final offer deadline for Friday and then let that deadline come and go. After news conferences and statements from various levels of the organization seemingly contradicting each other, they were forced to settle for third- and fifth-round picks (http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26211185/steelers-agree-deal-ab-raiders) from the only team that seemed seriously interested in bidding for Brown throughout the entire process....

There was no chance that the Steelers, who exploited one of the best bargains in football for years, were going to uproot their contract structure by giving Brown a new extension or even guarantee a future season with three years left on his current deal. Instead, they preferred to let someone else pay Brown.It's one of the same reasons why they weren't able to come to terms with Le'Veon Bell (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15825/leveon-bell), who says the Steelers offered him only $17 million guaranteed (http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/29392/leveon-bells-bitter-divorce-with-steelers-was-years-in-the-making) as part of a five-year, $70 million deal. That contractual policy is going to cost the team both of its star weapons in the same offseason, and its cap philosophy is going to make it feel the pain of that decision in one of the final seasons of Roethlisberger's career.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26186487/grading-antonio-brown-trade-steelers-raiders-won

st33lersguy
03-10-2019, 09:05 AM
The trade is actually poetic
This clown ass organization will probably select a 3rd round prospect in the 1st round and a 5th round prospect in the 2nd round

Steelerchad
03-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Steelers are obviously weaker on the field without AB and Bell. Neither will come close to producing their avg. over the last 5 years. You need to look no further than their production when Ben was hurt. AB went from the best in the league, to not even avg. stats. 75 catches for 900 yards and 6 TD's sounds about right. He'll fade away and disappear from the headlines as nobody will care about a guy, who's just ordinary. That will kill someone with an ego like his. He may be done in 2 with the 30M guaranteed, I see the potential for Oakland to cut him prior to year 3, when they figure out Derek Carr isn't the guy and start over.
Dak Prescott made Amari Cooper look great, when he floundered with Carr. DAK PRESCOTT!!

NCSteeler
03-10-2019, 09:48 AM
Links to any credible reports on Ben forcing this?

I read Florio’s speculation on that this weekend but a lot of what he posts is just him guessing.

Long article by Bill Barnwell on ESPN.com makes some interesting points while concluding Mike Mayock fleeced Kevin Colbert

The Antonio Brown (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/13934/antonio-brown) trade, at its core, is about money. It's about a lot of other things -- power, respect, aging and double standards all come to mind -- but at the end of the day, this is a trade about money, which is why I didn't think it was going to happen....

In the process of trying to push his way out of Pittsburgh, Brown eroded the organization's leverage. The Steelers spent the past two months publicly flailing, alternately leaking stories that suggested a trade hinged on getting a first-round pick, then suggesting it wouldn't. They set a final offer deadline for Friday and then let that deadline come and go. After news conferences and statements from various levels of the organization seemingly contradicting each other, they were forced to settle for third- and fifth-round picks (http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26211185/steelers-agree-deal-ab-raiders) from the only team that seemed seriously interested in bidding for Brown throughout the entire process....

There was no chance that the Steelers, who exploited one of the best bargains in football for years, were going to uproot their contract structure by giving Brown a new extension or even guarantee a future season with three years left on his current deal. Instead, they preferred to let someone else pay Brown.It's one of the same reasons why they weren't able to come to terms with Le'Veon Bell (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15825/leveon-bell), who says the Steelers offered him only $17 million guaranteed (http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/29392/leveon-bells-bitter-divorce-with-steelers-was-years-in-the-making) as part of a five-year, $70 million deal. That contractual policy is going to cost the team both of its star weapons in the same offseason, and its cap philosophy is going to make it feel the pain of that decision in one of the final seasons of Roethlisberger's career.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26186487/grading-antonio-brown-trade-steelers-raiders-won
Pretty much speculation I'm sure but I could easily believe it. Brown really trashed Ben. Steelers have got to come to terms with better contracts that allow them to ditch trouble players before it too late. After reading all the ex player interviews it sounds like someone in Pittsburgh should have known to trade brown a year or two ago and got a Mack kind of haul

86WARD
03-10-2019, 09:59 AM
Oakland gives up a good receiver for a first round pick. They get a receiver much more talented than what they gave up and only have to give up a third and fifth round pick.

Brandin Cooks was traded for a first round pick...twice...lol. TWICE and he’s not near the receiver that Amari Cooper is...let alone a guy that’s worth a 3 & 5...

Born2Steel
03-10-2019, 10:14 AM
I would think fans on here would be happy with this. The locker room cancers are gone. The Steelers now have draft capital to trade with OR draft multiple players for need positions. I call this a win-win-win. After all a 1st round pick COULD have turned into another Burns. Too much hype and/or grumbling for picks that haven't even happened yet. I believe Hargrave, Conner, Easy Money, were 3rd rounders after all. The circus has left town. POP THE BUBBLY!

86WARD
03-10-2019, 10:16 AM
I’d love to see the Raiders turn around and trade Brown for a first round pick to the Patriots, Browns, Bengals or Ravens...

Mojouw
03-10-2019, 10:20 AM
I would think fans on here would be happy with this. The locker room cancers are gone. The Steelers now have draft capital to trade with OR draft multiple players for need positions. I call this a win-win-win. After all a 1st round pick COULD have turned into another Burns. Too much hype and/or grumbling for picks that haven't even happened yet. I believe Hargrave, Conner, Easy Money, were 3rd rounders after all. The circus has left town. POP THE BUBBLY!

Yeah. I guess we will see what has a better chance of producing a winning team - talent or lack of drama.

Hound
03-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Well said Mojouw

03-10-2019, 10:24 AM
I would think fans on here would be happy with this. The locker room cancers are gone. The Steelers now have draft capital to trade with OR draft multiple players for need positions. I call this a win-win-win. After all a 1st round pick COULD have turned into another Burns. Too much hype and/or grumbling for picks that haven't even happened yet. I believe Hargrave, Conner, Easy Money, were 3rd rounders after all. The circus has left town. POP THE BUBBLY! Locker room cancers are gone yea. This trade just proves those in charge that let the locker room cancers to start is still here!!!!!!!!!!!! Bell and AB are just the symptoms of them.

st33lersguy
03-10-2019, 10:26 AM
What the Steelers end up getting for AB. A project offensive lineman who Doesn't turn I to anything with munchak gone and a guy who spends his 1st year on the practice squad then gets cut the following training camp

03-10-2019, 10:27 AM
I’d love to see the Raiders turn around and trade Brown for a first round pick to the Patriots, Browns, Bengals or Ravens...SHHHHHH! You know what who cares at this point and Steelers are toast from here on out. Let NE get 7.

teegre
03-10-2019, 10:45 AM
I’d love to see the Raiders turn around and trade Brown for a first round pick to the Patriots, Browns, Bengals or Ravens...

Alas... they could (at the trading deadline).

On the other hand, I expect AB to drive 100mph, crash into a couch (which he threw in front of his own car), and ride off into retirement in his private helicopter (with his “guaranteed” money).

I’m embellishing, but AB is on a downward spiral... towards something bad.

03-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Alas... the cold (at the trading deadline).
On the other hand, I expect AB to drive 100mph, crash into a couch (which he threw in front of his own car), and ride off into retirement in his private helicopter (with his “guaranteed” money).

I’m embellishing, but AB is on a downward spiral... towards something bad. I doubt it and he will thrive in Oakland for a few years anyhow. If anything the Steelers are the ones on the downward spiral! What players even wan't to come to Pitt when everyone now knows the owner and etc. are jokes and not to be respected ?

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 10:51 AM

teegre
03-10-2019, 10:53 AM
I doubt it and he will thrive in Oakland for a few years anyhow. If anything the Steelers are the ones on the downward spiral!

Maybe trading AB was the turning point for the Steelers...

#AdrianCooper

vasteeler
03-10-2019, 11:00 AM

Why would you love to see that. As a steeler fan I would hate to see that

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 11:15 AM

- - - Updated - - -

And then there's this..........what else does Mr. Big chest have up his sleeve to prove he is a complete POS? He really set the bar low for it. Or are the Steelers going to have the last laugh?

- - - Updated - - -

Rotorhead
03-10-2019, 11:25 AM
Any report or article even mentioning Bell is garbage, he wasn’t even on the team last year and hasn’t been a factor. “Losing AB and Bell in one season . . .” Did they watch last season? Did I miss Bell’s rushing yards?

JayC
03-10-2019, 11:26 AM
new avatar check

Hound
03-10-2019, 11:37 AM
AB is on a downward spiral, look at the events of the past year. Do you think more money or Las Vegas is going to solve it? He is 31 and isn’t getting any younger. When New England gets rid of their veteran players it’s smart, Pittsburgh gets rid of a 31 year old diva it’s the end of the world. No one wants to hear the chicken little the sky is falling bullshit anymore!

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 11:39 AM
AB is on a downward spiral, look at the events of the past year. Do you think more money or Las Vegas is going to solve it? He is 31 and isn’t getting any younger. When New England gets rid of their veteran players it’s smart, Pittsburgh gets rid of a 31 year old diva it’s the end of the world. No one wants to hear the chicken little the sky is falling bullshit anymore!

Thank you! :hatsoff:

teegre
03-10-2019, 11:40 AM

JayC
03-10-2019, 11:42 AM
this just in...30+ year old WRs aren't highly coveted.

Look at Dez Bryant..he couldn't even get a job last year until like week 14

st33lersguy
03-10-2019, 11:43 AM
I dont care who the Steelers get in the draft or free agency and part of me doesn't want to know. We know they wont get anyone good on free agency and they probably wont draft anyone good either based of of recent trends (2017 draft being a big outlier). This team is poorly coached and poorly managed.

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 11:45 AM
I dont care who the Steelers get in the draft or free agency and part of me doesn't want to know. We know they wont get anyone good on free agency and they probably wont draft anyone good either based of of recent trends (2017 draft being a big outlier). This team is poorly coached and poorly managed.

Because individuals and grown men have no responsibility for their own actions?

AtlantaDan
03-10-2019, 12:08 PM

Walk me through the last time Belichick took a $21 million salary cap hit in return for a third and fifth round draft pick for a receiver who caught over 100 passes and had 15 TDs.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/This-is-Fine-300x300.jpg

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 12:12 PM
Walk me through the last time Belichick took a $21 million salary cap hit in return for a third and fifth round draft pick for a receiver who caught over 100 passes and had 15 TDs.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/This-is-Fine-300x300.jpg

So what was the alternative at this point? You can't force teams to pay your demands and you can't force a player to be a better teammate and person.

Name the last time Pittsburgh had a psychopathic murderer on their roster.

BlackAndGold
03-10-2019, 12:12 PM
I'll just say this, it's a bad return but if they hit on that 3rd round pick the return will seem not as bad.

Get a CB/ILB in round one, Deebo Samuel round 2, ILB/CB round 3.

They had to move on from AB, the longer they held on to him his value was dropping. (Keeping him was not an option)

silver & black
03-10-2019, 12:16 PM
Alas... they could (at the trading deadline).

I’m embellishing, but AB is on a downward spiral... towards something bad.

I agree. I'm not really happy with this. The Raiders are not the team for him. They are a few years away from winning ... at least I hope they win again. This was a bad deal IMO.

If they trade him for more picks... not so bad. I don't think AB is going to be happy in Oak/Vegas with a coach like Gruden. There won't be any special treatment.

stillers4me
03-10-2019, 12:17 PM

Born2Steel
03-10-2019, 12:18 PM
Yeah. I guess we will see what has a better chance of producing a winning team - talent or lack of drama.

I don't really follow this post. We all know talent wins obviously. My point is we still have no idea what this trade will produce talent-wise, but we do know the circus act is finally gone. IF this turns out to produce players of the Hargrave, Conner, or Sanders level was this trade a bust? Would you today trade away any of those players to get AB back in the locker room? JuJu was unexpected. Shazier was unexpected. Hell even AB himself was unexpected. But I guess the best way to handle this is to point out all of the negative that might happen instead? Where I live the sun is shining, the weather is mild, and my kids are happy. I got no time for dwelling on negatives.

FrancoLambert
03-10-2019, 12:25 PM
So what was the alternative at this point? You can't force teams to pay your demands and you can't force a player to be a better teammate and person.

Ernie Holmes was so unpredictable, some of his teammates were genuinely afraid of him.
I’d bet some of them would have labeled him a psychopath.
He never murdered anybody, but if he was a better shot he might have taken down a police helicopter. :noidea:

AtlantaDan
03-10-2019, 12:28 PM

I was responding to the contention that in some way this was remotely equivalent to anything Belichick has ever done in releasing a vet

I previously posted the link below but with regard to what the Steelers could have done differently, I would recommend reading Bill Barnwell's article in ESPN.com on how the Steelers method of doing contracts for no guaranteed $$$ other than the first year and bonus, along with converting part of AB's 2018 compensation into another signing bonus, helped put them in this hole

AB is a mess but the Steelers method of doing business is causing increasing problems. They carried $14 million they could not spend in 2018 rather than let Bell walk or sign him and now have another $21 million to work around this coming season.

- - - Updated - - -

Ernie Holmes was so unpredictable, some of his teammates were genuinely afraid of him.
I’d bet some of them would have labeled him a psychopath.
He never murdered anybody, but if he was a better shot he might have taken down a police helicopter. :noidea:

"He had a look that was really scary," says former Steelers safety Mike Wagner. "I think he wanted to beat people to death -- within the rules of the game."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5058107

dislocatedday
03-10-2019, 12:40 PM
After the initial disappointment of the trade compensation, and finding it hard to believe that AB throws his petulant fits and ends up getting a new contract w/ $30M guaranteed, I don't think this is as bad for the Steelers as most of the media and some fans are making it out to be. Yeah, I hate that AB basically is stealing approximately $20M in pro-rated bonus money from Pittsburgh as he leaves the team, but I'm not sure it would have done the team any favors going into the upcoming season with AB related drama continuing. Now the team can just move forward.

The only other similar situation I can think of that rivals this would be Terrell Owens and the Eagles back around 2005-2006. People seem to think that how AB acted is how every Steelers player going forward who wants a new deal with more guaranteed money is going to act......and I don't buy that at all. AB is a special kind of prick.

I'm also tired of how people and the media are continuing to bash the Steelers about Bell. The Steelers made him a great offer, and Bell can cry about only being offered $17M upfront in guaranteed money, but for someone with his suspension history, injuries, and general wear and tear that was a more than fair offer. It was his right to refuse to sign it as he did, and he held out which he could also do, but I don't fault the Steelers one bit on how they handled Bell.

The Steelers will be fine with Ben at QB and a strong offensive line going forward. Let's see just how well AB and Bell do on teams with lesser QBs and offensive lines that can't hold a pass block for long and open up running lanes (...and yes, I know Bell has not found his new team so it is still possible he goes to a potent offensive team...).

If people want to quit watching the Steelers over this then go ahead. I'm not, and I am going to enjoy seeing how this team plays this upcoming season. Maybe they take a step back on the field, but so be it.....every team has its up and downs. I tend to think that the team will be galvanized going into the upcoming season.

Shoes
03-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Well, the good thing is the bout with constipation is over. Man the toilets and shit out that AB, just don't flush the toilets at the same time in SWPA or you'll overflow the rivers. :chuckle:

Steeler-in-west
03-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Why????

i would’ve kept him without a first. Let him sit but I bet he would’ve played.

guess this will improve our record and prove that getting rid of malcontents make Tomlin a better coach.

NCSteeler
03-10-2019, 01:18 PM
I was responding to the contention that in some way this was remotely equivalent to anything Belichick has ever done in releasing a vet

I previously posted the link below but with regard to what the Steelers could have done differently, I would recommend reading Bill Barnwell's article in ESPN.com on how the Steelers method of doing contracts for no guaranteed $$$ other than the first year and bonus, along with converting part of AB's 2018 compensation into another signing bonus, helped put them in this hole

AB is a mess but the Steelers method of doing business is causing increasing problems. They carried $14 million they could not spend in 2018 rather than let Bell walk or sign him and now have another $21 million to work around this coming season.

- - - Updated - - -

"He had a look that was really scary," says former Steelers safety Mike Wagner. "I think he wanted to beat people to death -- within the rules of the game."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5058107
Basically we got the best out of brown for a phenomenal low price. Now they are unwilling to pay lots of guarantee money to an aging pain in the ass. They did fine except for letting it get to this point. First sign of internet craziness this past January should have been met with a shut up and we'll trade you , keep it up and ride the pine ultimatum . Shame to get a 3 and 5 and lose 21mil of cap

Mach1
03-10-2019, 01:22 PM
On the upside when the Steelers play the Raiders Tomlin will cover AB with a linebacker.

NCSteeler
03-10-2019, 01:57 PM
On the upside when the Steelers play the Raiders Tomlin will cover AB with a linebacker.Yes but hopefully a rookie LBer

vader29
03-12-2019, 06:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne76KQOj1r8

stillers4me
03-13-2019, 04:51 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

smokin3000gt
03-13-2019, 08:02 PM
"Pittsburgh will always be my family," Brown explained. "Those guys gave me a chance when I was a 21-year-old kid. Obviously people listen to the things that were being said and written, but at the end of the day, it's all about how you make people feel. I think I made people feel really great, really inspired when they watch me go to work, when they watch me play. "

That's his attitude in a nutshell

I know Steeler Nation is having a bad day today, but it's always love.

No.. no we're not