PDA

View Full Version : JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Shoes
03-09-2019, 10:39 AM
PFF has the Steelers taking JJ Arcega-Whiteside @ 20. Good hands and fighter for the ball but you'd get more for the money with Hockenson and Fant. :chuckle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKTFWa5zrxw

Dwinsgames
03-09-2019, 10:54 AM
PFF has the Steelers taking JJ Arcega-Whiteside @ 20. Good hands and fighter for the ball but you'd get more for the money with Hockenson and Fant. :chuckle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKTFWa5zrxw

no more WR with colors in their name ... NO NO NO

Born2Steel
03-09-2019, 10:59 AM
I think when you have AB and JuJu on the roster you can afford to take a gamble on James Washington. When the ONLY production you can currently count on from your WR corps is JuJu now I think you have to draft a more 'sure thing' receiver. I really like the TE group of Hockenson, Fant, or SmithJr at 20.(I know most sites have them ranked lower than 20, just my opinion) As for a WR at 20 it begins and ends with DK Metcalf. I could accept AJ Brown or Parris Campbell also, just not preferred at 20. If we somehow manage a second 1st round pick I would not hate seeing a TE and a WR taken here. If we somehow pulled off a Metcalf/Hockenson coup........oh man!

Shoes
03-09-2019, 11:05 AM
no more WR with colors in their name ... NO NO NO

:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I think when you have AB and JuJu on the roster you can afford to take a gamble on James Washington. When the ONLY production you can currently count on from your WR corps is JuJu now I think you have to draft a more 'sure thing' receiver. I really like the TE group of Hockenson, Fant, or SmithJr at 20.(I know most sites have them ranked lower than 20, just my opinion) As for a WR at 20 it begins and ends with DK Metcalf. I could accept AJ Brown or Parris Campbell also, just not preferred at 20. If we somehow manage a second 1st round pick I would not hate seeing a TE and a WR taken here. If we somehow pulled off a Metcalf/Hockenson coup........oh man!

My gut feeling is Metcalf is going to be plagued with injuries, don't know why just a feeling.

Mojouw
03-09-2019, 11:08 AM
Do you worry about the shockingly terrible change of direction drill times Metcalf posted at the combine? That combined with a relative modest college production makes me think he might be more than a little overhyped.

Born2Steel
03-09-2019, 11:14 AM
Like DJ commented about Metcalf, he may need to trade in some bench reps for a yoga mat. I watched him and Brown just obliterate CBs in college. It's unreal what these 2 guys can do physically on a football field. Campbell from OSU seems to be made from the same mold. These are some JuJu/Hines Ward type football players. I know we must score a CB this offseason but I'm hoping that is done in FA. I just don't think the 1st round value is there at CB this draft like some do. Rock Ya Sin is still my favorite and many think he will be available in round 2.

Mojouw
03-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Like DJ commented about Metcalf, he may need to trade in some bench reps for a yoga mat. I watched him and Brown just obliterate CBs in college. It's unreal what these 2 guys can do physically on a football field. Campbell from OSU seems to be made from the same mold. These are some JuJu/Hines Ward type football players. I know we must score a CB this offseason but I'm hoping that is done in FA. I just don't think the 1st round value is there at CB this draft like some do. Rock Ya Sin is still my favorite and many think he will be available in round 2.
Ill take your word for it. I don’t watch college ball, so i never really know.

Born2Steel
03-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Do you worry about the shockingly terrible change of direction drill times Metcalf posted at the combine? That combined with a relative modest college production makes me think he might be more than a little overhyped.

No, those times do not bother me at all. Most WRs don't even run those drills because those are not WR friendly drills. I saw with my own eyes what Metcalf can do to a CB at the line of scrimmage. Shuttles and splits won't change my mind on what I saw.

Mojouw
03-09-2019, 12:09 PM
No, those times do not bother me at all. Most WRs don't even run those drills because those are not WR friendly drills. I saw with my own eyes what Metcalf can do to a CB at the line of scrimmage. Shuttles and splits won't change my mind on what I saw.

Just watched a few video breakdowns. Metcalf is a monster. But he seems to only run one route. He never changes direction. Doesn't appear to block. And has a surprising amount of drops on shorter routes. And if he is the beast-mode WR that everyone projects, why didn;t Ole Miss scheme more for him instead of focusing on Brown?

All that being said, if Metcalf puts in the work and takes in coaching, he can develop all those skills and have a Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson level impact. He is certainly an exciting prospect.

Born2Steel
03-09-2019, 01:32 PM
That has been a huge question about the Matt Luke offense.

st33lersguy
03-09-2019, 02:31 PM
For a 2nd, I say yes

Iron Steeler
03-10-2019, 01:18 PM
I say we grab golden tate in FA.