PDA

View Full Version : Tashaun Gipson

Hound
03-09-2019, 07:23 AM
Interesting safety the Steelers should look at. When he was with the Browns he was a baller and a major headache for Ben. Played well for the Jaguars, but had a couple injury plagued seasons. He is more of a FS and I believe he would not count against the compensation pick next year because he was released.

teegre
03-09-2019, 08:23 AM
If we’re going to target a former Brown, my choice would be Jamie Collins.

86WARD
03-09-2019, 09:51 AM
There’s a lot of free agent talent out there this season.

Born2Steel
03-09-2019, 10:37 AM
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GipsTa00.htm

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15235/tashaun-gipson

Is this an upgrade over Sean Davis?

Hound
03-09-2019, 11:16 AM
20 int’s says yes

Born2Steel
03-09-2019, 11:25 AM
20 int’s says yes

In the last 3 seasons Sean Davis has 5 INTs. Tashaun Gipson has 6 INTs. Apples to apples comparison. Both play the same position. While I'm all for upgrading any and all roster spots I don't think this does that. If one can successfully move to RCB count me in.

Hound
03-09-2019, 12:09 PM
He was also injured. Probably is going to be out of the Steelers price range. A lot of teams are interested in him

hawaiiansteeler
03-09-2019, 01:22 PM
There’s a lot of free agent talent out there this season.

and we really do need to sign a couple of free agents this offseason, we have too many holes to fill using only the draft.

Born2Steel
03-09-2019, 01:28 PM
He was also injured. Probably is going to be out of the Steelers price range. A lot of teams are interested in him

Who was injured? Gipson started all 16 games each of the last 3 seasons. This is why I posted the links. Gipson is a FS. Is he enough of an upgrade over Davis to spend FA money on? His last 3 seasons says no, IMO.

Hound
03-09-2019, 01:45 PM
He is just a FA that I’m throwing out there for conversation. Yes I agree CB is a much bigger need, but the Steelers run sub packages mor than they do any other defenses, it would be nice to have another qualified safety with the ability to get turnovers. Who is the CB that you would want the Steelers to go after?

Born2Steel
03-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Agreed and we’re conversing.

I like a few CBs in FA. Roby would be an awesome signing. Breeland would be a significant upgrade, IMO. We brought in Marcus Cooper last year but didn’t sign him. Now he’s a FA again. Any of those 3 would be great signings. There are others. The problem I run into is I don’t know how much guys cost vs how much we can pay to upgrade.

I do actually think Sean Davis needs to be upgraded. OR maybe he needs somebody trustworthy to play with. Either way our secondary stinks and needs lots of improvement. That much I know we agree on.