PDA

View Full Version : A theory on why the Steelers seem to be so intent on trading AB

hawaiiansteeler
03-08-2019, 11:53 PM
A theory on why the Steelers seem to be so intent on trading Antonio Brown

Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2019

As the Steelers reportedly close in on a trade that would send receiver Antonio Brown to a city other than Pittsburgh, an obvious question remains: Why are the Steelers letting Brown dictate the terms of his employment?

Drafted in 2010, Brown received a long-term deal in 2012, adjustments in 2015 and 2016 that moved future money to the present, and a big-money extension in 2017. He has pocketed more than $33 million over the last two years, and his contract covers the next three seasons.

Now, Brown wants out and the Steelers seem to be more than willing to oblige. But why? Why give a player who is under contract for the next three years the ability to force his way out of town?

Here’s an idea as to why the Steelers are giving Brown what he wants. Maybe they’re doing it because it’s also what they want. And maybe it’s what they want because one specific member of the team has decided that he no longer wants Brown around.

It’s become well documented that Brown has a problem with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. There’s a good chance Roethlisberger also has a problem with Brown. And there’s also a chance that Roethlisberger has made it known to management that either Brown goes or Ben goes.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/09/a-theory-on-why-the-steelers-seem-to-be-so-intent-on-trading-antonio-brown/

ShoeHorn
03-09-2019, 12:22 AM
Unless Ben has a voodoo doll that made AB act like a complete FOOL over the last few months starting with bitching out of the Cincy game, this is nonsense

Fire Goodell
03-09-2019, 12:46 AM
Well easy choice, franchise QB wins every time

stillers4me
03-09-2019, 06:38 AM
Florio is an idiot and I think we determined a long time ago that we don't need to post his crap on SU.

He hates Ben and will do and say anything to create a bunch of nasty comments about him. I've posted comments in the past with true statements about Ben and the Steelers in support of them and the mods deleted them. Every time.

Born2Steel
03-09-2019, 09:40 AM
...and there's a good chance Florio has made up another story in his own head.

86WARD
03-09-2019, 09:53 AM
Definitely Ben’s doing! He’s actually the one keeping Danny Smith employed as well...it’s free gum for his kid.

Born2Steel
03-09-2019, 10:31 AM
Definitely Ben’s doing! He’s actually the one keeping Danny Smith employed as well...it’s free gum for his kid.

So naive!!! You really think Danny Smith is giving up gum? Ben keeps Danny around so they can run the 'will Ben punt or throw' play on 4th and 15.

86WARD
03-09-2019, 03:54 PM
So naive!!! You really think Danny Smith is giving up gum? Ben keeps Danny around so they can run the 'will Ben punt or throw' play on 4th and 15.

You know what...you’re right.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
03-10-2019, 12:57 AM
Evil Ben wins again! Ben says Let that be a lesson to you Holmes and Brown! You think you are bigger then me ? I'll have you traded for less then tickets to the Andy Warhol Museum.

Bluecoat96
03-10-2019, 05:20 AM
Evil Ben wins again! Ben says Let that be a lesson to you Holmes and Brown! You think you are bigger then me ? I'll have you traded for less then tickets to the Andy Warhol Museum.Sorry, but Ben had nothing with Holmes being traded. It was his legal/drug issues that got him traded.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
03-10-2019, 05:32 AM
Sorry, but Ben had nothing with Holmes being traded. It was his legal/drug issues that got him traded.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk Sarcasm.