PDA

View Full Version : Where Does AB End Up ?

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
03-06-2019, 08:25 PM
Raiders
Cardinals
Browns
Texans
Van down by the river
Broncos
Cowboys
Redskins
Nowhere and throws furniture
Lions
Nowhere & smokes weed with Bell at Taco Bell

SteeleReign
03-06-2019, 08:30 PM
Yes.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

03-06-2019, 08:32 PM
I'll take the obvious and say Raiders 27th plus a player or another draft pick in 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk Lol so one of the options I mentioned will be right.

FrancoLambert
03-06-2019, 08:33 PM
Retires and wrestles in the WWE as Mr. Big Chest.

03-06-2019, 08:36 PM
Retires and wrestles in the WWE as Mr. Big Chest. Lol funny!

DesertSteel
03-06-2019, 08:40 PM
I'm really hoping the Redskins. Terrible QB, but probably most likely to pay him more. I really don't care how much $ he makes, I just want him to do poorly with a bad QB. My second choice would be the Titans because they're so run-oriented with a limited QB.

- - - Updated - - -

Nowhere & smokes weed with Bell at Taco Bell
I think that's Dairy Queen on Bell's resume.

03-06-2019, 08:41 PM
Opps can't believe I forgot San Fran.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really hoping the Redskins. Terrible QB, but probably most likely to pay him more. I really don't care how much $ he makes, I just want him to do poorly with a bad QB. My second choice would be the Titans because they're so run-oriented with a limited QB.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's Dairy Queen on Bell's resume. Lol funny as well.

Mojouw
03-06-2019, 08:47 PM
Wherever OBJ doesn't go?

Bluecoat96
03-06-2019, 08:57 PM
I don't know where he'll actually be going, but I know where I'd like to tell him to go!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

hawaiiansteeler
03-06-2019, 09:00 PM
idc, whoever gives us the highest draft choice.

st33lersguy
03-06-2019, 09:26 PM
I predict all these reports are bullshit and he ends up in Florida at the start of the season (and I dont mean playing football in Florida either)

GoSlash27
03-07-2019, 01:45 AM
My best guess: AB ends up on his couch. Or rather the spot his couch used to sit before he threw it out the window. He'll be a spectator alongside Johnny Footbaw and Colin Kaepernick.

steelreserve
03-07-2019, 02:10 AM
My best guess: AB ends up on his couch. Or rather the spot his couch used to sit before he threw it out the window. He'll be a spectator alongside Johnny Footbaw and Colin Kaepernick.

Maybe he'll end up in front of his computer instead, and make history as the first person ever to get a lifetime ban for being too stupid to play Fortnite.

teegre
03-07-2019, 06:54 AM
AB wants to end up in Florida. He loves it there, and there’s no state taxes.

TB: He burned a bridge with Bruce Arains

JAX: That would be interesting, but I just do not see it. Plus, Jacksonville isn’t the “style” of Florida that AB likes.

MIA: The Xavien Howard trade makes sense.

That said, the front-runner has to be:
OAK/LV: They have three R1 picks. We’ve made two other trades with them recemtly. And, Gruden prefers vets.

But, I could see the Saints, Niners, Broncos, and basically every team being a trade partner. Really. Every coach & GM thinks that they can “handle” the malcontents of the world. And, a player of AB’s level of play has not come available for trade (since Hershel Walker).

Hound
03-07-2019, 07:22 AM
My guess is Raiders or the Packers

86WARD
03-07-2019, 07:50 AM
Cards are out. Jets are out. Broncos day it’s too expensive. Niners said they aren’t interested. Redskins don’t have the firepower unless they dip into 2020.

DesertSteel
03-07-2019, 09:20 AM
There's lots of talk about the Packers being the team. I sure hope not. I hope it's Redskins, Raiders or Titans, in that order. I think Colbert will try to avoid trading him to a HOF QB. If the offer blows them away that's a different story, but otherwise, no way I'd deal him to GB. It would have to be pick #12 not #30. But I'd take Redskins #15 over the #12.

Rotorhead
03-07-2019, 09:25 AM
I say the Raiders, 3 picks in the first makes trades easier

vasteeler
03-07-2019, 11:27 AM
I hate to say it. I still think he ends up in Pittsburgh

Fire Goodell
03-07-2019, 11:48 AM
There's lots of talk about the Packers being the team. I sure hope not. I hope it's Redskins, Raiders or Titans, in that order. I think Colbert will try to avoid trading him to a HOF QB. If the offer blows them away that's a different story, but otherwise, no way I'd deal him to GB. It would have to be pick #12 not #30. But I'd take Redskins #15 over the #12.

I'll take the 12 over the 15 any day of the week. Honestly I don't think AB will make the Packers a SB contender, they have enough problems on defense to fix before they can think championship.

Besides, any NFC team being super bowl bound, we wouldn't have to worry about anyway unless we're there at the same time. I personally don't care what kind of success he has when he leaves, I actually expect him to put up numbers wherever he ends up. He's a top 3 receiver and possibly #1 still. However, I think this team is better without dealing with this headache. Time to cut ties with AB, Bell, and start a winning team culture over a collection of entitled hotshots.

Born2Steel
03-07-2019, 11:55 AM
The Oakland trade makes no sense to me. If Gruden is playing moneyball as an attempt to build the Raiders then 3 1st round picks is better than 2 plus AB with his contract demands. The Patriots make sense to me in that they have almost 2 picks per round this draft so have more to offer in trade. The Packers also make more sense since they have multiple first round picks as well. Many mocks have Buffalo taking a WR, maybe they trade that pick for a proven one? I still think AB in Pittsburgh is most likely.

86WARD
03-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Would you give AB and the 20th pick to move up to the 4th pick?

Mojouw
03-07-2019, 12:48 PM

No. It doesn't get me Bossa and that is a ludicrous payment to take a Devin White or Greedy Williams. AB for the 4th pick straight up. Or just hang up the damn phone.

AB needs to bring back multiple assets. Anything less is a stupid trade and a panic move by Colbert and Rooney.

86WARD
03-07-2019, 01:24 PM
No. It doesn't get me Bossa and that is a ludicrous payment to take a Devin White or Greedy Williams. AB for the 4th pick straight up. Or just hang up the damn phone.

AB needs to bring back multiple assets. Anything less is a stupid trade and a panic move by Colbert and Rooney.

Only way they’d get Bosa is to get to the one spot.

Thoughts on moving up to 4 and then possibly moving back to pick up picks...not really the Steelers style...

Mojouw
03-07-2019, 02:08 PM
Only way they’d get Bosa is to get to the one spot.

Thoughts on moving up to 4 and then possibly moving back to pick up picks...not really the Steelers style...

Sure? But the problem is does any AB trade return a roughly equivalent/appropriate amount of assets?

So AB + #20 = more than #4. But then you trade #4 for #12, #50 something, and a pick in 2020. So maybe your getting much closer to appropriate value for the original asset (AB) but you have to make a follow on trade work in order to do it. What is to say that follow on trade ever happens?

Michael
03-07-2019, 02:12 PM

Yes ...Getting t rid of Brown is a plus. I believe his best days are behind him. If he goes to the Raiders then to Las Vegas he will be out of control in Vegas. However I do not think Gruden is rebuilding his team with the likes of AB. I hope its the Redskins.

steelreserve
03-07-2019, 02:13 PM

I would say it is never worth trading a Hall of Fame player for a move. The value of such a player is more than the #1 overall pick; therefore, there is no move that could possibly be worth that.

Of course, in the real world, your potential trading partners are going to want to keep some of that value for themselves, so they'll offer less, and there are adjustments based on age, attitude, etc. ... but I wouldn't take that because it is so much less than the actual value.

edit: Don't forget, for a move, we're not talking about just the value of Brown, we're also talking about the value of a player we'd get in the first round with our own pick. So basically Brown plus Cam Heyward or something. Not many outcomes that would be worth that asking price.

hawaiiansteeler
03-07-2019, 02:27 PM

who would you be targeting at #4?

86WARD
03-07-2019, 02:49 PM
Sure? But the problem is does any AB trade return a roughly equivalent/appropriate amount of assets?

So AB + #20 = more than #4. But then you trade #4 for #12, #50 something, and a pick in 2020. So maybe your getting much closer to appropriate value for the original asset (AB) but you have to make a follow on trade work in order to do it. What is to say that follow on trade ever happens?

Nothing. Nothing says that second trade happens. It would just be the risk they would take. Personally, I’m not sure they know how to do that kind of trade...lol.

86WARD
03-07-2019, 02:51 PM
Yes ...Getting t rid of Brown is a plus. I believe his best days are behind him. If he goes to the Raiders then to Las Vegas he will be out of control in Vegas. However I do not think Gruden is rebuilding his team with the likes of AB. I hope its the Redskins.

I don’t think he goes to the Raiders either. It doesn’t make sense for them to trade Khalil Mack and then pick up a guy like Brown the following season. By the time they go to Vegas, AB May not even be there.

86WARD
03-07-2019, 02:52 PM
who would you be targeting at #4?

Would obviously be anybody but three players. Frankly, I’d either be looking, at that point, to move up for Bosa or trade back and take a Devin.

st33lersguy
03-07-2019, 03:35 PM
If teams aren't willing to fork over a 1st round pick, dont trade him, play hardball with him. Trading a hall of Famer then taking on a 21 million dollar cap hit, would be stupid to trade him for anything less than a 1st.

86WARD
03-07-2019, 03:37 PM
If teams aren't willing to fork over a 1st round pick, dont trade him, play hardball with him. Trading a hall of Famer then taking on a 21 million dollar cap hit, would be stupid to trade him for anything less than a 1st.

This is what I’ve been preaching since the beginning. If the deal isn’t more than a Round 1 pick, it’s not worth trading him.

Rotorhead
03-07-2019, 04:19 PM
If we got a #4 we would be looking to get White, preferably in a trade back to get another pick, but if not he is the best player at our biggest need

Fire Goodell
03-07-2019, 05:54 PM
If we end up not trading him and he just sits this year, do we get back that cap money? I'm honestly starting to think he's gonna open his sorry mouth again and that we won't get any offers that are acceptable, forcing him to stay on the team. Then he'll pull a Bell because of the same reason (we won't budge on paying him guaranteed money or redoing his contract how we see fit).

Honestly I think if players are unwilling to fulfill their contract, they should be able to be cut without penalty to the team (frees all that dead cap money). I mean it's like that in any other walk of life, try joining the military and failing to fulfill the contract, you go to jail.

steelreserve
03-07-2019, 06:26 PM
If we end up not trading him and he just sits this year, do we get back that cap money? I'm honestly starting to think he's gonna open his sorry mouth again and that we won't get any offers that are acceptable, forcing him to stay on the team. Then he'll pull a Bell because of the same reason (we won't budge on paying him guaranteed money or redoing his contract how we see fit).

Honestly I think if players are unwilling to fulfill their contract, they should be able to be cut without penalty to the team (frees all that dead cap money). I mean it's like that in any other walk of life, try joining the military and failing to fulfill the contract, you go to jail.

Yes, if he holds out, he doesn't earn his base salary, and we get the cap space back just like with Bell.

The problem with the second part of what you said is that the dead money is not money that we have to pay him for not playing, it's money we ALREADY paid him, and a lot of it is actually last year's salary and 2017's salary that we were hoping to spread out over 5 years through bullshit cap tricks (signing bonuses and restructures). But now we got caught in a compromising position by trying to be cute with our cap numbers.

I will say that normally, when a player signs a restructured contract like that, he knows it basically makes him untradeable until he has one year left on his deal ... but AB is too stupid to understand this, so apparently it doesn't apply to him.

Shoes
03-07-2019, 09:52 PM
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the Steelers are still talking with "several" teams about an Antonio Brown trade, and that there is no "hard and fast" deadline of Friday for a deal.

There have been multiple reports that the Steelers want something of a "final offer" from interested clubs on Friday. That's not usually how it works, though it is possible the Steelers are using it as a negotiating ploy. The reality is, they don't need to sell low because of a self-imposed deadline. The first real deadline is March 17, when Brown's $2.5 million roster bonus comes due.

SOURCE: Gerry Dulac on Twitter (https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/1103852400664866819)
Mar 7, 2019, 8:02 PM

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines#news-8887636

st33lersguy
03-07-2019, 09:58 PM
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the Steelers are still talking with "several" teams about an Antonio Brown trade, and that there is no "hard and fast" deadline of Friday for a deal.

There have been multiple reports that the Steelers want something of a "final offer" from interested clubs on Friday. That's not usually how it works, though it is possible the Steelers are using it as a negotiating ploy. The reality is, they don't need to sell low because of a self-imposed deadline. The first real deadline is March 17, when Brown's $2.5 million roster bonus comes due.

SOURCE: Gerry Dulac on Twitter (https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/1103852400664866819)
Mar 7, 2019, 8:02 PM

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines#news-8887636

God everyday this story changes

Shoes
03-07-2019, 10:05 PM
God everyday this story changes

The AB virus has caused severe constipation to Steeler fans everywhere. :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
03-07-2019, 10:19 PM
Wherever OBJ doesn't go?

NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports the Browns offered RG Kevin Zeitler, DE Emmanuel Ogbah, and one other player to the Giants for Odell Beckham.

The Giants obviously didn't accept the offer and allegedly "laughed at" it. It's going to take a whole heck of a lot more than that to acquire one of the three best receivers in the sport who is firmly in his prime. The Giants have reportedly not completely ignored phone calls for OBJ and would be willing to move him for the right price. Odds are a package would have to include multiple high picks, possibly a pair of first-rounders. Zeitler is an elite guard but is rumored to be on the trade block in Cleveland. Ogbah is a good-not-great edge presence. This offer really isn't even close, but it at least points to the Browns being interested in acquiring Beckham.

SOURCE: 92.3 Cleveland
March 7, 2019

teegre
03-08-2019, 12:45 AM
Wherever OBJ doesn't go?

I heard that once AB gets traded, that the Steelers will try to acquire OBJ. :huh:

I know that Tomlin looooved OBJ (he almost traded for him on draft day), but... uh... hmmm.

hawaiiansteeler
03-08-2019, 12:52 AM
I heard that once AB gets traded, that the Steelers will try to acquire OBJ. :huh:

did you hear that from Ian CrapReport?

teegre
03-08-2019, 12:56 AM
did you hear that from Ian CrapReport?

:lol:

It’s a Las Vegas prop bet...

The top three favorites (in order) are: Giants, Browns, Steelers.

Hound
03-08-2019, 05:20 AM
According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN last night, the Steelers are not taking the ‘first-rounder or bust’ stand and could be open to receiving lesser compensation for Brown. Which they might have to, if the reports of teams either never having interest or losing interest are to be taken at face value.

Sounds like a first rounder is out. Let’s see what they can get

03-08-2019, 07:07 AM
According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN last night, the Steelers are not taking the ‘first-rounder or bust’ stand and could be open to receiving lesser compensation for Brown. Which they might have to, if the reports of teams either never having interest or losing interest are to be taken at face value.

Sounds like a first rounder is out. Let’s see what they can getSo Brown is making the Steelers his b!tch like Bell did! Man do the Steelers look like a bunch of punks now.

JayC
03-08-2019, 07:24 AM
AB has witnessed his good friend James Harrison and LeGarrette Blount pout their way out of their contracts and get released. He thinks he can do the same.

Hound
03-08-2019, 07:25 AM
Steelers look horrible on how they have handled this. The Steelers actions along with the piece of shit diva WR have cost the Steelers high draft compensation

SteeleReign
03-08-2019, 07:27 AM
Let him rot on the bench for two years. I seriously don't care.

Shoes
03-08-2019, 07:35 AM
So Brown is making the Steelers his b!tch like Bell did! Man do the Steelers look like a bunch of punks now.

That's nothing new Rooney and Tomlin, have fed this monster by giving him his private abode off campus in training camp and who knows what else.

st33lersguy
03-08-2019, 08:35 AM
Watch the giants get 2 1st round picks for obj while the Steelers give away mr. Big mouth for a 4th. So maddening

Born2Steel
03-08-2019, 08:39 AM
Watch the giants get 2 1st round picks for obj while the Steelers give away mr. Big mouth for a 4th. So maddening

If the Giants and OBJ get divorced who gets custody of the kicker net?

Mojouw
03-08-2019, 09:57 AM
I'm starting to think that in some totally bizarre, hyper screwed up way, AB ends up right where he is. On the Steelers roster, pissed off, and pouting. Then he holds out and wanders in half-way through the season.

I'm just starting to think that Rooney is gonna demonstrate the fortitude to not authorize Colbert to take whatever he can get just to ship off a publicly disgruntled player. While I think that the Rooney's are either the single or among the few player friendliest owners -- this is still the NFL and not the NBA. The owners are not going to want to start down the slippery slope of Instagram and Twitter becoming de facto team GM's.

While I could be way off, I am starting to feel that Rooney is fine with AB acting all Jimmy Butler as long as a good trade return gets offered. But he won't trade him just to get the circus out of town. So AB is Anthony Davis...?

- - - Updated - - -

If the Giants and OBJ get divorced who gets custody of the kicker net?

Alternate weekends.

86WARD
03-08-2019, 10:13 AM
I agree Mojouw. I don’t think he’s going anywhere and he will be in a Steelers uniform for 2019...whether he plays or not, his rights will be with the Steelers.

Aditi Whatshername tweeted out confirming that the team isn’t letting him go if the desired compensation isn’t there. All I can hope or we can hope is that the desired compensation they have is the same or similar to what we have...

Mojouw
03-08-2019, 10:24 AM
I agree Mojouw. I don’t think he’s going anywhere and he will be in a Steelers uniform for 2019...whether he plays or not, his rights will be with the Steelers.

Aditi Whatshername tweeted out confirming that the team isn’t letting him go if the desired compensation isn’t there. All I can hope or we can hope is that the desired compensation they have is the same or similar to what we have...
That is gonna be the real test -- how is "desired compensation" defined?

Also, if any team can weather the media crapstorm of a protracted and bitter holdout with a social media prone superstar...it is the Steelers.

It's going to take more than Antonio Brown for the majority of people to turn on the Rooneys and stop going to the stadium. If anything, the owners will get more support from the fan base by sticking to their guns.
The coaching staff works for the most stability minded ownership in the league. So what do they have to worry about?
The locker room has already done this.

There is simply not a single reason I can think of to cave and take anything less than top level compensation. The worst that can happen is that AB comes in and dogs it. Fine. Suspend him at that point. Or he retires. Great. Clear him off the books and let him "unretire" in a year or whatever and be done with it.

DesertSteel
03-08-2019, 10:40 AM
My question is, what teams are still in play?

Packers, Raiders, who else? I think they've got to make something happen with Gruden or this is going to end really badly.

- - - Updated - - -

And the only problem with hardball is that this team doesn't have the balls to deal with a circus and still win.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if any team can weather the media crapstorm of a protracted and bitter holdout with a social media prone superstar...it is the Steelers.

I see it just the opposite by using last year as the litmus test. They miserably failed with the Bell fiasco.

Mojouw
03-08-2019, 10:47 AM
I'm not having this debate again. The 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers did not miss the playoffs because of the media attention due to Leveon Bell holding out. They missed the playoffs because they were not very talented at key positions, caused essentially zero turnovers on defense, threw critical redzone interceptions or fumbles, and featured a defensive coaching staff that put key defenders in lose-lose decisions.

The media attention on a daily basis could have been penetrating questions such as "Is playing for the Steelers the best job or the super-best job in the world?" and "Is this the most harmonious team you have ever been on or a choir of angels?" and the team still would've had all the exact same on the field problems.

It will be the same with Antonio Brown. IF we are going to grant that "drama" and "media circus" caused the Steelers to lose 1-2 extra games last season -- then I think that 20/20 hindsight would conclude that it was almost certainly more due to Antonio Brown being a flaky, pouty, social-media obsessed teenage girl rather than Leveon Bell and the media questions.

DesertSteel
03-08-2019, 10:50 AM
Colbert is going to lose the perceived upper hand in negotiations if his self-imposed deadline for "best deals" comes and goes with no good offers.

Fire Goodell
03-08-2019, 10:54 AM
He can end up in hell for all I care, I just hope this circus ends soon. Waiting for someone not named Ian Crapaport to announce something.

st33lersguy
03-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Worst case scenarios:

They release him and he waltzes to the Patriots

They give him away because they won't hold out for a better deal (i.e. trading him for a 3rd round pick or less)

NCSteeler
03-08-2019, 11:24 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's Dairy Queen on Bell's resume.I think this morning he made it clear he'll only go where he wants so no bad QBs.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Rotorhead
03-08-2019, 12:13 PM
I'm not having this debate again. The 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers did not miss the playoffs because of the media attention due to Leveon Bell holding out. They missed the playoffs because they were not very talented at key positions, caused essentially zero turnovers on defense, threw critical redzone interceptions or fumbles, and featured a defensive coaching staff that put key defenders in lose-lose decisions.

The media attention on a daily basis could have been penetrating questions such as "Is playing for the Steelers the best job or the super-best job in the world?" and "Is this the most harmonious team you have ever been on or a choir of angels?" and the team still would've had all the exact same on the field problems.

It will be the same with Antonio Brown. IF we are going to grant that "drama" and "media circus" caused the Steelers to lose 1-2 extra games last season -- then I think that 20/20 hindsight would conclude that it was almost certainly more due to Antonio Brown being a flaky, pouty, social-media obsessed teenage girl rather than Leveon Bell and the media questions.

We didn’t make the playoffs because our kicking game sucked, the season before it was good and we won the close games, this last season we lost because we missed those last sec FG’s. Yes we have our problems on Def and Off and ST, but every team in the league did last season, there was no team that was head and shoulders better than everyone else. You are correct that the drama didn’t sink this team, but it certainly didn’t help either.

Mojouw
03-08-2019, 12:29 PM
We didn’t make the playoffs because our kicking game sucked, the season before it was good and we won the close games, this last season we lost because we missed those last sec FG’s. Yes we have our problems on Def and Off and ST, but every team in the league did last season, there was no team that was head and shoulders better than everyone else. You are correct that the drama didn’t sink this team, but it certainly didn’t help either.

All good points. I totally forgot about the kicking game. While I by no means think that "drama" helps a team, it isn't like if they traded Leveon Bell in Week 1 of the preseason and AB forgot that social media existed and was on time for every meeting this was a SB winning team.

Fire Goodell
03-08-2019, 12:39 PM
I should have been a journalist. You don't even have to be good at the job, but say things that cause more clickbait (Yes, I'm looking at you Ian Crapaport) and you keep your job!

Fire Goodell
03-08-2019, 12:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1J5OKhU8AAEYDq.jpg:large

Shoes
03-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Hope everyone is enjoying their AB jersey. :chuckle:

Fire Goodell
03-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Hope everyone is enjoying their AB jersey. :chuckle:

I almost bought a AB color rush jersey last year. Really glad I decided to get a James Conner jersey instead

86WARD
03-08-2019, 01:04 PM
I don’t remember seeing this but if the Steelers keep AB, does that increase the 2019 cap SAVINGS number $8-9M?

steelreserve
03-08-2019, 01:08 PM
I don’t remember seeing this but if the Steelers keep AB, does that increase the 2019 cap number $8-9M?

Less than $1 million. His base salary is $15M (which we don't pay if he's traded), and the dead money if we do trade him adds $14 million and change.

The cap numbers are almost exactly the same - $21M if we trade him, $22M if we don't.

Shoes
03-08-2019, 01:11 PM
The Steelers and AB are in save-face mode. What a shitshow!

Mojouw
03-08-2019, 01:22 PM
The Steelers and AB are in save-face mode. What a shitshow!

Only AB is in save face mode. He has quickly fallen from the almost universally regarded top WR in the game to a virtually unemployable toxic petulant child in rapid decline.

Meanwhile the Steelers look like a calm and reasonable franchise. They have had an emotionless conversation with their disgruntled star. They leaked zero bad details or statements. Only mentioned positives. Agreed to aggressively pursue a trade. Stated that they candidly explained to both the player and the agent that they would only complete a trade if the compensation hit a certain level. Both player and agent repeatedly released statements saying they understood that point. At no point in this process has the team driven any leaks or "unnamed sources" reports that attempt to trash AB - can't say that about many similar situations. During the entire trade process, the speculation, rampant unconfirmed reports, and hot take BS have come from everyone but the Steelers. I think they come off looking like a stable and reasonable actor in all this.

86WARD
03-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Less than $1 million. His base salary is $15M (which we don't pay if he's traded), and the dead money if we do trade him adds $14 million and change.

The cap numbers are almost exactly the same - $21M if we trade him, $22M if we don't.

I forgot a key word there...I was asking about savings not cap charge. I heard a report on the radio that they’d be saving money if he stayed in the roster and thought that report was very odd...

Rotorhead
03-08-2019, 01:44 PM
Only AB is in save face mode. He has quickly fallen from the almost universally regarded top WR in the game to a virtually unemployable toxic petulant child in rapid decline.

Meanwhile the Steelers look like a calm and reasonable franchise. They have had an emotionless conversation with their disgruntled star. They leaked zero bad details or statements. Only mentioned positives. Agreed to aggressively pursue a trade. Stated that they candidly explained to both the player and the agent that they would only complete a trade if the compensation hit a certain level. Both player and agent repeatedly released statements saying they understood that point. At no point in this process has the team driven any leaks or "unnamed sources" reports that attempt to trash AB - can't say that about many similar situations. During the entire trade process, the speculation, rampant unconfirmed reports, and hot take BS have come from everyone but the Steelers. I think they come off looking like a stable and reasonable actor in all this.

Agreed 100% here. Question is do you try to play him, or do you finally cave and bench him and ruin any hopes he has for a HOF induction out of spite and to reward his stupidity?

steelreserve
03-08-2019, 01:56 PM
I forgot a key word there...I was asking about savings not cap charge. I heard a report on the radio that they’d be saving money if he stayed in the roster and thought that report was very odd...

Nah, if he stays on the roster they have to pay him.

The one way they could "save" money is by keeping him on the roster until June 1 and then trading him, in which case they'd only eat like $10M in dead money now and $10M next year. But that's cap space, not money, and it's not really saving it, just shoving half of it to next year.

Shoes
03-08-2019, 02:05 PM

The only way the Steeler FO saves face here is if they get a R1 or R2 with added pick or player. If they take a R3 or R4 AB wins. And if they hold on to AB then what, will Rooney and Tomlin continue to grant him a private off campus apartment and treat him with kid gloves? Its a shitshow and they all have blame in it.

Mojouw
03-08-2019, 02:10 PM

They could save actual cash money if AB were to stay on the roster and then not play, either as a result of a Bell style hold-out or a conduct detrimental suspension (although I don't know the details of this). I believe in both those cases, they still account for the cap space $$ but they wouldn't actually have to pay him real-world cash. There may be also a mechanism where some of the cap space is refunded and rolled into 2020.

If any franchise knows what all those details are, it would be the ONLY team that has ever had to deal with it via the Bell situation last season!

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed 100% here. Question is do you try to play him, or do you finally cave and bench him and ruin any hopes he has for a HOF induction out of spite and to reward his stupidity?

Not sure. If he stays on the roster, I would develop a list of things that AB needs to do each week in order to play. Then if he does them, he plays. If he doesn't he doesn't play. Amount of snaps and percentage of targets in the passing attack based on performance like anyone else. It almost certainly wouldn't work -- but if the player wants to give it a whirl -- why not? They are already paying him...

AtlantaDan
03-08-2019, 02:13 PM
The only way the Steeler FO saves face here is if they get a R1 or R2 with added pick or player. If they take a R3 or R4 AB wins.

As far as AB winning, he does not give a damn if the Steelers get a first round pick or a seventh round pick. This SI article on how the Bills negotiations fell apart confirms the obvious - he wants a new contract. Good luck with any team agreeing to make a player in his early 30s the highest paid player at his position at any position other than QB.

Brown may not want to go to Buffalo (https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/08/pittsburgh-steelers-antonio-brown-buffalo-bills-trade-rumors), but there’s more to it than the locale. Another team involved in trade discussions earlier in the week, I’m told, walked because it was communicated to them that Brown wanted, again, to be the NFL’s highest-paid receiver under a new contract.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/08/antonio-brown-steelers-bills-failed-trade-fallout

Mojouw
03-08-2019, 02:17 PM
The only way the Steeler FO saves face here is if they get a R1 or R2 with added pick or player. If they take a R3 or R4 AB wins. And if they hold on to AB then what, will Rooney and Tomlin continue to grant him a private off campus apartment and treat him with kid gloves? Its a shitshow and they all have blame in it.

That is the "reasonable compensation" part of this. I used to buy into the the Steelers should've just disciplined AB more and then it wouldn't have gotten this bad narrative as well. But, everything that is publicly available in the past 6-8 weeks or so paints a picture of a team bending over backwards to make room for AB and AB's ego and his toxic personality finally got sucked so deep into his social media focused asshole that he can't figure out which end is up.

Long story short, if they would've spanked their problem kid more in the past, he would've been smoking pot behind the garage and wearing emo gear 3 years ago. If they would've hugged him more in his formative years, he would've changed his name to Chad and started playing lacrosse.

Douchecanoe's are gonna Douchecanoe. The only thing that could have altered this and will eventually alter it is a Brinks truck full of straight up cash money.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as AB winning, he does not give a damn if the Steelers get a first round pick or a seventh round pick. This SI article on how the Bills negotiations fell apart confirms the obvious - he wants a new contract.

Brown may not want to go to Buffalo (https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/08/pittsburgh-steelers-antonio-brown-buffalo-bills-trade-rumors), but there’s more to it than the locale. Another team involved in trade discussions earlier in the week, I’m told, walked because it was communicated to them that Brown wanted, again, to be the NFL’s highest-paid receiver under a new contract.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/08/antonio-brown-steelers-bills-failed-trade-fallout

So, finally, at the the eleventh hour, all the pretense falls away. This has been, will always be, and was clear from the start -- about straight up cold hard cash. AB wants the most guaranteed money in the league. Beginning, middle, and end of story.

Shoes
03-08-2019, 02:20 PM
That is the "reasonable compensation" part of this. I used to buy into the the Steelers should've just disciplined AB more and then it wouldn't have gotten this bad narrative as well. But, everything that is publicly available in the past 6-8 weeks or so paints a picture of a team bending over backwards to make room for AB and AB's ego and his toxic personality finally got sucked so deep into his social media focused asshole that he can't figure out which end is up.

Long story short, if they would've spanked their problem kid more in the past, he would've been smoking pot behind the garage and wearing emo gear 3 years ago. If they would've hugged him more in his formative years, he would've changed his name to Chad and started playing lacrosse.

Douchecanoe's are gonna Douchecanoe. The only thing that could have altered this and will eventually alter it is a Brinks truck full of straight up cash money.

- - - Updated - - -

So, finally, at the the eleventh hour, all the pretense falls away. This has been, will always be, and was clear from the start -- about straight up cold hard cash. AB wants the most guaranteed money in the league. Beginning, middle, and end of story.

AB has been calling all of the shots. I guess you would be fine having a two year old running your household. Good luck!

Mojouw
03-08-2019, 02:27 PM
AB has been calling all of the shots. I guess you would be fine having a two year old running your household. Good luck!

Sure, whatever. Once again, many posters have taken a hard line attitude that some sort of intervention would have prevented all this and 2019 and beyond AB would be some sort of model citizen and teammate.

So two part question:
1. What would that action have been? The few times discipline has been handed down, dude has freaked out and flipped his shit. So how would discipline have not simply accelerated the current scenario by 2-3 seasons?
2. AB wants to be paid about 18-20 million per year with somewhere north of 60% of that guaranteed. How in the hell does discipline rid a player of that desire?

86WARD
03-08-2019, 02:29 PM

Treat him professionally like a regular player and let him self-implode.

Shoes
03-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Sure, whatever. Once again, many posters have taken a hard line attitude that some sort of intervention would have prevented all this and 2019 and beyond AB would be some sort of model citizen and teammate.

So two part question:
1. What would that action have been? The few times discipline has been handed down, dude has freaked out and flipped his shit. So how would discipline have not simply accelerated the current scenario by 2-3 seasons?
2. AB wants to be paid about 18-20 million per year with somewhere north of 60% of that guaranteed. How in the hell does discipline rid a player of that desire?

Get rid of his ass instead of rewarding him. The standard is the standard, WTF does that mean?

Mojouw
03-08-2019, 02:48 PM
Get rid of his ass instead of rewarding him. The standard is the standard, WTF does that mean?

Which is exactly what they are trying to do. However, taking back hot garbage in compensation just to ship AB out of town would be a severe mistake. Every moment he is not traded only hurts AB. It costs the Steelers nothing but some of Mr. Rooney's cash. How much you want to bet that Rooney is more than willing to sign checks to AB rather than trade AB to one of his preferred destinations for a bag of unwashed jock straps?

I mean shipping AB to Buffalo would have been a savage move on the Steelers part. There are few teams in the league further away from relevance than the Bills. AB nixed the trade by all reports though indicating he would simply not report. Again, no one looks bad here except AB.

AtlantaDan
03-08-2019, 02:51 PM

He costs about the same under the 2019 cap if he is traded or stays.

The standard is players other than the QB do not call the shots.

Rather than give him away call his bluff. LaCanfora writes that may be the unfolding scenario

There are only four possible outcomes for this current situation. One, Brown is traded. Two, Brown is cut by the Steelers. Three, he isn't traded/cut and doesn't play. And four, he isn't traded/cut and just plays for the Steelers....

Scenario number four -- in which Brown ends up coming back and playing for the Steelers on his current contract -- might somehow be trending to become the most likely scenario based on where the two parties stand and based on where Brown sits with respect to other NFL teams (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams) now that he's managed to torpedo his own trade value with a laundry list of shenanigans.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/how-antonio-brown-killed-bills-trade-and-the-steelers-options-with-diva-wr-moving-forward/

I doubt he can afford to sit out a season.

86WARD
03-08-2019, 03:09 PM
He can’t afford to sit out the season with his house and his cars and his lifestyle. He’s burning through money like crazy...he can’t afford to give up $12.5M or whatever it is. Not with his lifestyle.

86WARD
03-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Good interview with Arthur Moats on NFL Radio this afternoon with Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan. If you have Sirius on demand, it’s worth a listen.

Dwinsgames
03-08-2019, 03:41 PM

Rather than give him away call his bluff. LaCanfora writes that may be the unfolding scenario

There are only four possible outcomes for this current situation. One, Brown is traded. Two, Brown is cut by the Steelers. Three, he isn't traded/cut and doesn't play. And four, he isn't traded/cut and just plays for the Steelers....

Scenario number four -- in which Brown ends up coming back and playing for the Steelers on his current contract -- might somehow be trending to become the most likely scenario based on where the two parties stand and based on where Brown sits with respect to other NFL teams (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams) now that he's managed to torpedo his own trade value with a laundry list of shenanigans.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/how-antonio-brown-killed-bills-trade-and-the-steelers-options-with-diva-wr-moving-forward/

agree ... when star athletes offer to do a personalized greeting video to any and all at $500 a pop they are already in financial hell and it just is not known to the rest of the world yet ....

zulater
03-08-2019, 03:51 PM
Good interview with Arthur Moats on NFL Radio this afternoon with Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan. If you have Sirius on demand, it’s worth a listen.

Can you give us the highlights in your own words?

zulater
03-08-2019, 04:00 PM
Honestly if it ends up he damages his worth so bad that no one will give you better than a 3rd for him keep him. And then make him know that he has no more special treatment. Miss a meeting get fined. Be late for a meeting be fined. More fines you accumulate the higher they get. Hold out of camp, miss mandatory mini camp, fine him the max per day. Be insubordinate during the season suspend him and take away his game checks. Make him know that you wont blink and that he's fucked himself royally! And oh yeah please retire and save us the aggravation! Because he's still the Steelers property and can't even play in Canada no matter how longs he plays that game.

What a shame. I truly despise this guy. Hope he never makes another NFL catch.

Fire Goodell
03-08-2019, 04:03 PM

In my own words? I use the words everyone else uses. Ok I'll try :chuckle:

klasjdfnjk jksdnfa bjkc ffrt eresrdy, uihiuh byg6ybv ytfffy.

DesertSteel
03-08-2019, 04:14 PM
He can’t afford to sit out the season with his house and his cars and his lifestyle. He’s burning through money like crazy...he can’t afford to give up $12.5M or whatever it is. Not with his lifestyle.
He can't even afford child support... oh wait, that's right... that's because he's a douchebag

Mojouw
03-08-2019, 04:29 PM
AB has far less control than he thinks he does. Some quick research indicates that if he just retired, he would have to pay back a prorated portion of his signing bonus, give up other contract monies for the years not played, and the Steelers would control his rights for the length of time remaining on the contract he retired under.

Can anyone confirm any of this? Because my reading is that as long as the team is willing to weather the media driven firestorm, there is no way for AB to get out of town?

Hound
03-08-2019, 04:39 PM
AB hinting he is headed to the Raiders on IG. First round and Conley? Fingers crossed

86WARD
03-08-2019, 04:46 PM

Sure.

He thinks the Steelers are still in a good position and have some positive things happening. Have been handling the AB thing correctly and in a good position. He doesn’t think AB is going to sit out if he stays in Pittsburgh because he’s gonna want to play and he’s gonna want the money.

He thinks AB misjudged the length of the list of teams that is going to give up the compensation the Steelers want, sign AB to an extension and give him guaranteed money.

In regards to AB being a teammate, he says he was a great teammate, did show up late on occasion but never slacked on field, gave his all and was a good teammate. The lateness falls on coaching staff because the staff didn’t discipline him and he took advantage of it.

AB, Bell, Ben...a lot of big personalities the team that somehow got into the locker room. Tomlin steam had a lot of success under his leadership and thinks this team can win...a lot of this stems from the team not making the playoffs this past season. Had they made the playoffs, this talk wouldn’t be near what they are.

Thought Bostic had a good year but you can’t replace a talent like Shazier physically and mentally. Thinks Bush and White could be paired with Bostic and/or Williams and be very successful.

Thinks Tomlin is going to tighten the reigns this year like he did in 2016 after the Dolphins loss. He told the team he didn’t want to coach rules but after that loss, he was by the book. If a player was a minute late, he fined them and the team went on and won a bunch of games in a row.

There was a bunch more after that as well. Was one of the better athlete interviews.

86WARD
03-08-2019, 04:48 PM
AB hinting he is headed to the Raiders on IG. First round and Conley? Fingers crossed

Have a screen shot?

zulater
03-08-2019, 04:48 PM
Sure.

He thinks the Steelers are still in a good position and have some positive things happening. Have been handling the AB thing correctly and in a good position. He doesn’t think AB is going to sit out if he stays in Pittsburgh because he’s gonna want to play and he’s gonna want the money.

He thinks AB misjudged the length of the list of teams that is going to give up the compensation the Steelers want, sign AB to an extension and give him guaranteed money.

In regards to AB being a teammate, he says he was a great teammate, did show up late on occasion but never slacked on field, gave his all and was a good teammate. The lateness falls on coaching staff because the staff didn’t discipline him and he took advantage of it.

AB, Bell, Ben...a lot of big personalities the team that somehow got into the locker room. Tomlin steam had a lot of success under his leadership and thinks this team can win...a lot of this stems from the team not making the playoffs this past season. Had they made the playoffs, this talk wouldn’t be near what they are.

Thought Bostic had a good year but you can’t replace a talent like Shazier physically and mentally. Thinks Bush and White could be paired with Bostic and/or Williams and be very successful.

Thinks Tomlin is going to tighten the reigns this year like he did in 2016 after the Dolphins loss. He told the team he didn’t want to coach rules but after that loss, he was by the book. If a player was a minute late, he fined them and the team went on and won a bunch of games in a row.

There was a bunch more after that as well. Was one of the better athlete interviews.

Thanks!

86WARD
03-08-2019, 04:49 PM

Also said there was a lot of places where AB could’ve been fined or suspended for conduct detrimental because that is a very broad umbrella and a lot of players could be fined at anytime for that...

zulater
03-08-2019, 04:49 PM

I sure hope so!

FrancoLambert
03-08-2019, 04:59 PM
In my own words? I use the words everyone else uses. Ok I'll try :chuckle:

klasjdfnjk jksdnfa bjkc ffrt eresrdy, uihiuh byg6ybv ytfffy.

Also said there was a lot of places where AB could’ve been fined or suspended for conduct detrimental because that is a very broad umbrella and a lot of players could be fined at anytime for that...

So instead of maintaining and enforcing the standards for professional behavior at a high level, you ignore or excuse violations and ultimately end up enabling the behavior that is so detrimental to any team.

I certainly hope Tomlin has learned a lot from this fiasco.

03-08-2019, 05:07 PM
AB has far less control than he thinks he does. Some quick research indicates that if he just retired, he would have to pay back a prorated portion of his signing bonus, give up other contract monies for the years not played, and the Steelers would control his rights for the length of time remaining on the contract he retired under.

Can anyone confirm any of this? Because my reading is that as long as the team is willing to weather the media driven firestorm, there is no way for AB to get out of town? He doesn't have much control and Steelers need to stop being nice to him.

DesertSteel
03-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Gerry Dulac‏ Source: Steelers close to deal for Antonio Brown; three teams 'still alive' in process

DesertSteel
03-08-2019, 05:15 PM
What AB will learn soon is that he doesn't have millions of fans. Those following him, for the most part, are Steelers fans, not AB fans. Once that guy is no longer a Steeler I will have zero interest in his comings, goings and opinions. Just like Bell, I haven't clicked on anything with that guy's name on it since the Steelers cut ties. I just hope AB goes somewhere where he has to make the QB, instead of the QB making him.

Rotorhead
03-08-2019, 05:16 PM

At this point, I would just take a first and be happy.

st33lersguy
03-08-2019, 05:22 PM
Nope not falling for that again

Hound
03-08-2019, 05:47 PM
AB is being the number one topic amongst the beat writers on Raiders bleacher report. I job DT want this asshole gone, hoping we get good compensation

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the post, to many beers and thought it would be a great idea to post from my iPhone. But, I don’t have a blonde mustache!

Fire Goodell
03-08-2019, 06:23 PM
I heard a rumor that if the trade with Buffalo went through we would have gotten the 6 overall pick. That makes me mad

03-08-2019, 06:34 PM
I heard a rumor that if the trade with Buffalo went through we would have gotten the 6 overall pick. That makes me mad I'd be happy if Steelers could get a 1 and still keep their 20.

86WARD
03-08-2019, 07:03 PM
Gerry Dulac‏ Source: Steelers close to deal for Antonio Brown; three teams 'still alive' in process

Raiders, Seahawks, Dolphins?

86WARD
03-08-2019, 07:04 PM
I heard a rumor that if the trade with Buffalo went through we would have gotten the 6 overall pick. That makes me mad

Well that’s encouraging.

86WARD
03-08-2019, 07:07 PM

That’s actually the second time AB escapes Buffalo. On draft day, the Bills called his brothers phone and as he was about to answer it, the Steelers called him on his phone.

GoSlash27
03-08-2019, 07:22 PM
What AB will learn soon is that he doesn't have millions of fans. Those following him, for the most part, are Steelers fans, not AB fans. Once that guy is no longer a Steeler I will have zero interest in his comings, goings and opinions. Just like Bell, I haven't clicked on anything with that guy's name on it since the Steelers cut ties. I just hope AB goes somewhere where he has to make the QB, instead of the QB making him.

I think all of the teams have figured him out. He's definitely the hardest working WR in the NFL today and ranks up there with the greatest of all time in terms of talent and work ethic. Not taking any of that away from him.
But at the same time, he's also a locker room cancer, head case, and diva who's north of 30. Other teams have figured that out.
His market value is *way* below where he imagines it to be.

Shoes
03-08-2019, 07:27 PM

Well if that is the standard they failed miserably. AB has been calling all the shots because Tomlin and company fed baby Frankenstein (with the gold mustache) and placed him on a pedestal above the entire team. Did Ben have his own off-campus living area? I'll bet he didn't. Did Ben hold up the team aircraft, or come to meets late or just not show up...etc? I don't think so.

What is alarming to me is Tomlin saying we will put up with AB as long as he's productive. This to me is as cowardly as it gets. This guy was running the team, I mean he even shit canned the deal with Bills! Unless Rooney, Colbert & Tomlin change the way they do business this madness will continue when the next diva comes out of the lab.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope he ends up with the raiders and they pick up Kaepernick as QB :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
03-08-2019, 07:27 PM

Can anyone confirm any of this? Because my reading is that as long as the team is willing to weather the media driven firestorm, there is no way for AB to get out of town?

you pretty much nailed it ....

the only control he had is threat driven ( I wont show up ) sort of deal like happened yesterday ...

teegre
03-08-2019, 07:37 PM

Hope... hope... hope!!!

st33lersguy
03-08-2019, 07:45 PM

Hope it's not true.

Shoes
03-08-2019, 07:58 PM
Great he can poison their minds also.

This week, Brown is in Miami getting in some offseason training and he’s been joined by a few younger Steelers players, running backJaylen Samuels, safety Marcus Allen, safety Terrell Edmunds and outside linebacker Ola Adeniyi.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/dulac-steelers-close-to-trading-antonio-brown/

st33lersguy
03-08-2019, 08:03 PM
Wonder if he will be traded on the same day the greatest Steelers wr of all time celebrates his birthday (character and positive influence counts)

ALLD
03-09-2019, 07:15 AM
Send AB to the Fins. It's a win for all.

Hound
03-09-2019, 07:26 AM
I thought the same thing shoes, great are young guys are working out with a malcontent.

Shoes
03-09-2019, 08:14 AM

So two part question:
2. AB wants to be paid about 18-20 million per year with somewhere north of 60% of that guaranteed. How in the hell does discipline rid a player of that desire?Here is how you solve AB type problems and gain the respect of the team. Like most things that end up causing big problems, they start small.

Team meetings start at 9AM. The doors will be locked at that time and you will be fined. You miss two more, you will be fined and benched. Every meeting that you miss after that will be a benching without pay. Want to hold the team aircraft up, then you can wave good-bye to the team from the gate while the team is climbing through flight level 350.

As for the money, he signed a contract, fulfill or sit on the bench or hit the road. The three amigos, Rooney, Colbert and Tomlin had one set of rules for the team and none for AB. I don't have much confidence in this FO and HC at all.

I find it amusing that some who said you couldn't bench AB are now saying keep him and if he doesn't play bench him. Too late, the FO & HC nourished this little monster.

Dwinsgames
03-09-2019, 09:14 AM
Here is how you solve AB type problems and gain the respect of the team. Like most things that end up causing big problems, they start small.

Team meetings start at 9AM. The doors will be locked at that time and you will be fined. You miss two more, you will be fined and benched. Every meeting that you miss after that will be a benching without pay. Want to hold the team aircraft up, then you can wave good-bye to the team from the gate while the team is climbing through flight level 350.

As for the money, he signed a contract, fulfill or sit on the bench or hit the road. The three amigos, Rooney, Colbert and Tomlin had one set of rules for the team and none for AB. I don't have much confidence in this FO and HC at all.

I find it amusing that some who said you couldn't bench AB are now saying keep him and if he doesn't play bench him. Too late, the FO & HC nourished this little monster.

post of the year on this topic IMO .....

excellent post

86WARD
03-09-2019, 09:47 AM
Here is how you solve AB type problems and gain the respect of the team. Like most things that end up causing big problems, they start small.

According to Moats in 2016, this is kinda what occurred after the loss to the Dolphins. Tomlin coaches the rules...which should’ve been done more often because it showed results.

DesertSteel
03-09-2019, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know which team are still actually IN? Raiders, I assume, but who else? I've heard Packers but mainly because it would be a good fit. I'm not sure GB has actually entered the arena.

- - - Updated - - -

The three amigos, Rooney, Colbert and Tomlin had one set of nuts between them
Fixed it for you...

Shoes
03-09-2019, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know which team are still actually IN? Raiders, I assume, but who else? I've heard Packers but mainly because it would be a good fit. I'm not sure GB has actually entered the arena.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed it for you...

Not sure, I hear there are 3 teams still interested.

Born2Steel
03-09-2019, 10:43 AM
https://nypost.com/2019/03/08/bills-charge-to-forefront-in-antonio-brown-sweepstakes/

I would love to see what AB could do in GB. I know he has burnt bridges here but he is one of those rare talents. I would hate to see that just go to waste because he hurt some feelings.

Mojouw
03-09-2019, 11:05 AM

That all sounds great. If this was a movie version of Remember the Titans, I am certain it would work. In this version of reality, I suspect that all it would do is alienate AB and other players. Likely resulting in AB staging a version of the 2019 offseason 3-4 years earlier.

The extreme disciplinarian style coaching approach you outline has a typical 3-4 year window in the NFL. After that, the team burns out on it and the coach moves on. The 49er Harbaugh. Saban failed with it entirely. Schiano flamed out in a massive ball of suck. Billy B has made it work in NE, mostly by turning the roster over every 3 years or so. Even the most successful example I can think of, Parcells, had to move around often AND made exceptions based on certain players.

Honestly, what you outlined sounds great. It is totally reasonable and fair. It also wouldn’t work with ego driven narcissistic jerks. Then there is the whole issue of benching your best offensive weapon, likely losing a game or so here and there, for until 2018, would be viewed by most as small issues. This is the same fan base that wants Tomlin fired for not sending his QB back into the game with possible cracked ribs. Can you imagine losing to the Ravens because AB was benched for being 10 minutes late to a meeting? While that shouldn’t matter in vacuum, I bet for a money making business like an NFL team, it is a consideration. AB wins football games and sells tickets. Guessing that is part of the reason he got a pass for so long.

Shoes
03-09-2019, 11:11 AM
That all sounds great. If this was a movie version of Remember the Titans, I am certain it would work. In this version of reality, I suspect that all it would do is alienate AB and other players. Likely resulting in AB staging a version of the 2019 offseason 3-4 years earlier.

The extreme disciplinarian style coaching approach you outline has a typical 3-4 year window in the NFL. After that, the team burns out on it and the coach moves on. The 49er Harbaugh. Saban failed with it entirely. Schiano flamed out in a massive ball of suck. Billy B has made it work in NE, mostly by turning the roster over every 3 years or so. Even the most successful example I can think of, Parcells, had to move around often AND made exceptions based on certain players.

Honestly, what you outlined sounds great. It is totally reasonable and fair. It also wouldn’t work with ego driven narcissistic jerks. Then there is the whole issue of benching your best offensive weapon, likely losing a game or so here and there, for until 2018, would be viewed by most as small issues. This is the same fan base that wants Tomlin fired for not sending his QB back into the game with possible cracked ribs. Can you imagine losing to the Ravens because AB was benched for being 10 minutes late to a meeting? While that shouldn’t matter in vacuum, I bet for a money making business like an NFL team, it is a consideration. AB wins football games and sells tickets. Guessing that is part of the reason he got a pass for so long.

They didn't try it. If they did and it worked AB would still be here. If it didn't work, he would have been gone long ago and the shitshow would be a distant memory. But it would have sent a strong message to newborn divas that playing football for the Pittsburgh Steelers is all about teamwork and this is the foundation to winning. Over and out.

DesertSteel
03-09-2019, 11:18 AM
Not sure, I hear there are 3 teams still interested.
Yeah Dulac tweeted that with his BREAKING NEWS of a deal coming soon yesterday. He hasn't been heard from since...

- - - Updated - - -

https://nypost.com/2019/03/08/bills-charge-to-forefront-in-antonio-brown-sweepstakes/

I would love to see what AB could do in GB. I know he has burnt bridges here but he is one of those rare talents. I would hate to see that just go to waste because he hurt some feelings.
I'd love to see the talent go to waste as long as he is a turd. If he really didn't want his talent to go to waste he'd stay with the QB who made him a HOFer.

86WARD
03-09-2019, 03:55 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed it for you...

I believe it’s Seahawks, Raiders and Eagles.

st33lersguy
03-09-2019, 04:09 PM
The list of teams interested seem to change as often as the weather does. At this point I am more inclined to believe the boy who cried wolf than I am a sports journalist

hawaiiansteeler
03-09-2019, 04:12 PM
The list of teams interested seem to change as often as the weather does. At this point I am more inclined to believe the boy who cried wolf than I am a sports journalist

what's Peter King predicting now? :pop2:

DesertSteel
03-09-2019, 04:19 PM
I'd surmise that since the Friday "deadline" has passed that the AB stock is down and chances of him remaining a Steeler are up from 10% to 25%...

Method28
03-09-2019, 06:53 PM
Let him rot on the bench for two years. I seriously don't care.

Sent from my LM-V405 using TapatalkMy thoughts as well. At this point, as a fan, I'd rather see AB sitting out than to accept a low ball offer and see AB get his way. Make an example out of this punk

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dwinsgames
03-09-2019, 07:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1P2B0lWwAA_SAN.jpg:large

SteeleReign
03-09-2019, 07:26 PM
My thoughts as well. At this point, as a fan, I'd rather see AB sitting out than to accept a low ball offer and see AB get his way. Make an example out of this punk

Sent from my SM-G975U using TapatalkAgreed.

86WARD
03-09-2019, 07:57 PM
After Sunday, if I’m Colbert, the AB shop is closed for business until after the draft...if not for good. Too much time and energy on making this happen.

This guys just beating around the bush...

First he says there’s a bad culture, then he just wants to win. Then it’s Ben is the problem because he’s on a level with management. Then it’s because Colbert called them kids. And then on to the real reason: he wants to be highest paid WR in the game. A reason a lot of us here thought was the deep rooted issue.

So if I’m Colbert, I close the trade window. I tell AB he had his chance. He will be with the Steelers in 2019 and I’d let him know that I will work with him to make it better and if he sticks to the letter of the law, isn’t a distraction and all is good, we will talk about a new contract around Week 8. You take that on my word or you can make it ugly, be fined, lose pay checks and be suspended. But from here on out, you’re a Pittsburgh Steeler and we are happy to have you. Period.

NCSteeler
03-09-2019, 08:17 PM
New contract? LMAO hell naw. Play it out or sit down and shut up

Dwinsgames
03-09-2019, 08:24 PM
After Sunday, if I’m Colbert, the AB shop is closed for business until after the draft...if not for good. Too much time and energy on making this happen.

First he says there’s a bad culture, then he just wants to win. Then it’s Ben is the problem because he’s on a level with management. Then it’s because Colbert called them kids. And then on to the real reason: he wants to be highest paid WR in the game. A reason a lot of us here thought was the deep rooted issue.

So if I’m Colbert, I close the trade window. I tell AB he had his chance. He will be with the Steelers in 2019 and I’d let him know I invested all the effort I am going to invest in a trade ... he has a contract honor it or retire I could give a shit either way but if he chooses to honor it the days of taking his bullshit are over you screw up you will be fined heavily and suspended without pay if need be .

fixed it for yah

Mojouw
03-09-2019, 08:29 PM

So if I’m Colbert, I close the trade window. I tell AB he had his chance. He will be with the Steelers in 2019 and I’d let him know that I will work with him to make it better and if he sticks to the letter of the law, isn’t a distraction and all is good, we will talk about a new contract around Week 8. You take that on my word or you can make it ugly, be fined, lose pay checks and be suspended. But from here on out, you’re a Pittsburgh Steeler and we are happy to have you. Period.

That would make far too much rational sense to happen.

Bluecoat96
03-09-2019, 08:37 PM
I have this hanging in my office at work. I was feeling petty and immature yesterday. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190310/d34e4958bebad8d1f8bd03938b77385a.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

steelreserve
03-09-2019, 09:04 PM
New contract? LMAO hell naw. Play it out or sit down and shut up

Yeah I mean, once you demand a trade, and then get a trade but shoot it down yourself ... you pretty much lose any leverage, as well as all credibility that you want anything that makes sense at all - you are just being a crazy person. If any other teams were willing to give fair value for him, he likely killed that with the Bills antics. Well, congratulations, you just kicked and screamed your way right back into town.

hawaiiansteeler
03-09-2019, 10:25 PM
3/9: The Raiders and Eagles are closely linked to Antonio Brown. - Jason La Canfora, CBS

The Bills were as well a couple of days ago, but Brown nixed that trade because he refused to report to Buffalo. Another hangup was Brown's outrageous contract demands, which the Bills reportedly weren't willing to meet. It'll be interesting to see if Brown is willing to reduce his price to play for the Raiders or especially the Eagles. Another obstacle is Pittsburgh's asking price; it would be irresponsible for the Raiders or Eagles to surrender a first-round pick for an aging diva receiver, but giving up a second-rounder plus a late pick would be ideal.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/freeagency#L1MhFr6iLBK5RsVS.99

Dwinsgames
03-09-2019, 11:35 PM
http://dailysnark.com/steelers-trade-wr-antonio-brown-to-the-oakland-raiders/