PDA

View Full Version : Peter King Thinks Steelers Could Trade AB As Early As This Week, For A 1st Round Pick.

BlackAndGold
03-04-2019, 06:23 PM
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/peter-king-thinks-steelers-could-trade-ab-as-early-as-this-week-for-a-1st-round-pick/

“There is real competition for Antonio Brown in trade, and I expect the Steelers to trade him as early as this week—but almost certainly before the March 17 deadline to pay Brown a $2.5 million roster bonus”, King wrote earlier today.

"King added that he has a “gut feeling” that “the Steelers will get the first-round pick they’ve been angling to get for Brown”, which is music to the ears of the team and their fans alike. They certainly can’t ask for much more than that, and that is reportedly also their current asking price."

86WARD
03-04-2019, 06:47 PM
His gut is pretty big...

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
03-04-2019, 07:11 PM
Didn't King just last week say the Steelers are lucky if they get a 3rd for him ?

Mojouw
03-04-2019, 07:13 PM
Didn't King just last week say the Steelers are lucky if they get a 3rd for him ?

Yup. These guys are too dumb to realize their sources were playing them to drive down the price.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
03-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Yup. These guys are too dumb to realize their sources were playing them to drive down the price. Agreed and thanks for confirming what the talking head said.

BlackAndGold
03-04-2019, 08:08 PM
Would be fun on draft night with two first round picks. Would create fun discussions, I sure hope they can get it done.

The Steelers have not had 2 first round picks in the same draft since 1956 where they selected Gary Glick and Art Davis.

86WARD
03-04-2019, 08:50 PM

Yes. I think that was before he found something out and now that he found out this info, he may be changing his tune,

teegre
03-05-2019, 06:34 AM
I know that the Steelers want to save $2.5 million by trading him during that five-day window.

But... DO NOT RUSH.

Get the beat trade that you can. Plus, I still say that trading for a player makes the most sense, because his prior team can give that player a “new deal” (a $21 million extension) in order to offset the $21 million that the Steelers will be losing.

AtlantaDan
03-05-2019, 07:24 AM
Yup. These guys are too dumb to realize their sources were playing them to drive down the price.

King & friends are stenographers for whoever has information they want to get out

As opposed to King saying a trade for a first round pick his imminent, those talking to King’s successor Albert Breer at MMQB are peddling a different story

It’s getting tougher to find teams with genuine interest in Antonio Brown, which is staggering considering his ability and what’s left on his contract (three non-guaranteed years, $39 million)....
His March 17 roster bonus looms over this, but it’s only $2.5 million. I think the Steelers would view that as a small cost to draw a line in the sand from a precedent standpoint and/or hold out for better value in a trade.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/04/nfl-franchise-tag-antonio-brown-demarcus-lawrence-jarrett-stidham?utm_source=si.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-share-article&utm_content=20190305