PDA

View Full Version : It feels like Steelers, Antonio Brown are on a collision course

Shoes
03-03-2019, 04:16 PM
PFT- Colbert Interview

AsAntonio (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5698/antonio-brown) Brown (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5698/antonio-brown) tries to talk his way out of Pittsburgh, he’s also potentially talking his way out of other possible NFL cities before he even arrives. Which could set the stage for a fight between player and team that will make the Eagles vs. T.O. look like a mild dinner-table disagreement?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/03/it-feels-like-steelers-antonio-brown-are-on-a-collision-course/

Craic
03-03-2019, 04:59 PM
I'm going to laugh if Brown ends up talking himself out of any trades and has to come back to Pittsburgh only to see the team go to the SB and win. Talk about a hilarious set of circumstances that would be.

Shoes
03-03-2019, 05:34 PM
I'm going to laugh if Brown ends up talking himself out of any trades and has to come back to Pittsburgh only to see the team go to the SB and win. Talk about a hilarious set of circumstances that would be.

You have to wonder if this is really what AB wants. Maybe he's starting to realize he may end up with a dud at QB on some other team and this is a way out? I mean it is really weird.

86WARD
03-03-2019, 06:17 PM
You have to wonder if this is really what AB wants. Maybe he's starting to realize he may end up with a dud at QB on some other team and this is a way out? I mean it is really weird.

So you think he may have actually thought this through, realized he could be stuck with Josh Allen, Derek Carr, a Rookie or Josh Rosen and decided maybe he should stay in Pittsburgh and this would be the way to “save face” and do it but still look like he doesn’t want to be with the Steelers?

Shoes
03-03-2019, 06:21 PM
So you think he may have actually thought this through, realized he could be stuck with Josh Allen, Derek Carr, a Rookie or Josh Rosen and decided maybe he should stay in Pittsburgh and this would be the way to “save face” and do it but still look like he doesn’t want to be with the Steelers?

Could be. It's been a weird show for months now. :chuckle:

AtlantaDan
03-03-2019, 07:24 PM

Seeing Washington on the short list of potential trade partners gives me hope for my outcome

Send him to play for Danny Snyder with Alex Smith apparently not coming back at QB there and Foles supposedly going to the Jags. Hope AB enjoys having Colt McCoy throw to him :chuckle:

cubanstogie
03-03-2019, 07:30 PM
Seeing Washington on the short list of potential trade partners gives me hope for my outcome

Send him to play for Danny Snyder with Alex Smith apparently not coming back at QB there and Foles supposedly going to the Jags. Hope AB enjoys having Colt McCoy throw to him :chuckle:
thats what I am hoping for as well. Titans would be ok too, Henry could run for 200 yards and they win but AB would complain he didn't get enough touches.

Shoes
03-03-2019, 07:45 PM

Sounds good to me.

teegre
03-04-2019, 06:35 AM

Plus, Washington generally overpays. It’d be nice to get like seven picks for AB... Washington’s next seven R1 picks. :lol:

tube517
03-04-2019, 07:39 AM
Plus, Washington generally overpays. It’d be nice to get like seven picks for AB... Washington’s next seven R1 picks. :lol:

Even before Danny boy, Washington has a history of trading away draft picks. (See the Over the Hill Gang/George Allen in the 70s). Sometimes they don't draft until round 4 lol

86WARD
03-04-2019, 07:39 AM

It’s a pretty crazy theory...but not that far fetched considering who is involved. Crazy how far gone 2018-19 AB has become compare to the previous version.

I think he’s a good example of having a combination of the wrong people in your ears and the negative result of social media and how it can ruin someone.

Dwinsgames
03-04-2019, 11:12 AM

BnG_Hevn
03-04-2019, 05:47 PM
Is it necessary to have a bazillion AB threads? Just say'in.

vader29
03-04-2019, 07:50 PM
Is it necessary to have a bazillion AB threads? Just say'in.

Hopefully in another week or two all AB threads will be posted to the Around the NFL forum and not Steelers Talk. :nod:

slippy
03-04-2019, 08:18 PM
can't believe i was so concerned about AB returning punts. i feel like a fool now.

Iron Steeler
03-04-2019, 08:34 PM
MARCH 17TH CANT WAIT!

BEERgods225
03-04-2019, 08:50 PM

It appears to me that Oakland's pick at 27 seems to be the most likely at this point. Which leaves us with:

RD1.20 ILB - Bush or Wilson
RD1.27 CB - Murphy or Baker
RD2 WR - Riley Ridley or Deebo
etc.

Q: When do you wanna start our 15th annual BEERgre Mock Draft? A: Now, B: the Ides of March, C: April 1st ish.......The Draft is still the last weekend of April, right? So if we wait until after FA, we should have a better chance to discuss team needs first and then move on to picks. Plus we'll know AB compensation by then. I'm thinking about a month from now before we start drafting but I'd be up to talking team by team needs between now and then if you're game.

teegre
03-05-2019, 06:45 AM
It appears to me that Oakland's pick at 27 seems to be the most likely at this point. Which leaves us with:

RD1.20 ILB - Bush or Wilson
RD1.27 CB - Murphy or Baker
RD2 WR - Riley Ridley or Deebo
etc.

Q: When do you wanna start our 15th annual BEERgre Mock Draft? A: Now, B: the Ides of March, C: April 1st ish.......The Draft is still the last weekend of April, right? So if we wait until after FA, we should have a better chance to discuss team needs first and then move on to picks. Plus we'll know AB compensation by then. I'm thinking about a month from now before we start drafting but I'd be up to talking team by team needs between now and then if you're game.

The #27 pick seems like the most likely right now, but my gut tells me that once a few teams get “serious” about trading fir AB, his price will likely go up very quickly. If the Cardinals can get a R1 pick for Rosen, they’d be in the mix.

I’m not a fan of Mack Wilson. If he was on the Bruins, we wouldn’t even know his name. The last three “R1 worthy” ILBs from ‘Bama look like this:

Mosley > Evans > Wilson

So, if we are going to acquire a ‘Bama ILB, I’d prefer Mosley.

Murphy comes from a school who knows how to coach DBs. And, Baker has been my favorite CB for a while.

The WR list is getting loooong. Luckily, the Steelers are pretty good a drafting & developing that position.

BEEgre ANNUAL MOCK:
I’m not sure the mods (or anyone else) would be interested in reading our musings. :lol: It’s probably best if we run our annual mock draft in our private emails. (Has it been14 years or 15 years???) And, let’s start a week or so after few agency has started. It’ll give us a better idea of team needs.

STEELERS UNIVERSE ANNUAL MOCK DRAFT:
Everyone, this year, I will start the polls around the last week of March. One team per day. The poll stays up for 24 hours. Then, once the Steelers are “on the clock” we will slow it down a bit. (Then, finish the final picks of R1 with more “one day polls”, to be finished by April 24th.)

Sound good?