PDA

View Full Version : Devin’s

Hound
03-03-2019, 02:28 PM
I really hope either Devin White or Devin Bush make it to the 20th pick. Both dominated the combine and speed is not an issue for either one. White 4.42, Bush 4.43.

st33lersguy
03-03-2019, 02:55 PM
Both will be gone. Sweat who ran a 4.41 also ran his way out of the Steelers reach. Will likely to be a very uninspiring pick at 20

DesertSteel
03-03-2019, 02:58 PM
Both will be gone. Sweat who ran a 4.41 also ran his way out of the Steelers reach. Will likely to be a very uninspiring pick at 20
Wide Receiver lol

Hound
03-03-2019, 03:31 PM
i have faith in the front office. It’s the same front office that took Watt, JuJU, and Conner in the draft. Pretty decent haul for picking near the end. Sweat will be long gone before 20, he is a edge rusher who just ran a 4.41. Oh yeah he is 6 foot 6 and weighs 260.

86WARD
03-03-2019, 04:14 PM
Have to hope for a David DeCastro type fall...I still think that may be one of my favorite times in the draft when he fell all the way to Pittsburgh.

Hound
03-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Draft is deep this year, I think there is a decent chance a Devin is there at 20.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-03-2019, 05:07 PM
Bush might still fall to #20 as at 5'11" he isn't really as big as some might like from ILB dropping in coverage or covering 6'4" TE's. Still, if he is there the Steelers should jump at him. Plays fast, tackles well, blitzes and has that alpha dog leadership kind of personality. Runs a 4.44 40 time and jumps 40.5" in vertical shows what an athlete he is.

Did Mack Wilson run? I hope somebody else takes him and the Steelers can end up with a Devin.

steelreserve
03-03-2019, 05:11 PM
Draft is deep this year, I think there is a decent chance a Devin is there at 20.

And there it is, the first "deep draft!" of the offseason.

There has not been a single year when I haven't heard people say it's a deep draft. Can't be that way every year. Just a bunch of words meaning roughly, "it's a hyped draft this year." Which actually IS every year, but has no bearing on the talent of the players.

Hound
03-03-2019, 05:12 PM
Wilson did not run or do any drills, tight hammy

Hound
03-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Ten linebackers ran below 4.6 and three of them ran below 4.5. Some speed this year

BlackAndGold
03-03-2019, 05:41 PM
I expect Devin Bush to be there at #20 and possibly be the pick.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-03-2019, 06:04 PM
Ten linebackers ran below 4.6 and three of them ran below 4.5. Some speed this year

Agree. Germaine Pratt went sub 4.6, but Terrill Hanks ran 4.98, which he looks much faster on film to me. Sione Takitaki from BYU ran a 4.63 and might be a good late round prospect if the Steelers look to move on from Dirty Red.

hawaiiansteeler
03-03-2019, 10:42 PM
Sione Takitaki from BYU ran a 4.63 and might be a good late round prospect if the Steelers look to move on from Dirty Red.

More2Life Foundation Retweeted James C Wexell

Easy to cheer for @STakitaki. Few have faced a tougher road, but as they say, “difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.”

More2Life Foundation added,
James C Wexell
@jimwexell

Best interview today was with Sione Takitaki, an ILB from BYU.
Converted DE. Same exact size as Shazier coming out.
Steelers should get on this guy. 19 tackles in bowl. Played so well at Shrine was added to Sr Bowl. Arrow pointing up.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-03-2019, 11:56 PM
More2Life Foundation Retweeted James C Wexell

Easy to cheer for @STakitaki. Few have faced a tougher road, but as they say, “difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.”

More2Life Foundation added,
James C Wexell
@jimwexell

Best interview today was with Sione Takitaki, an ILB from BYU.
Converted DE. Same exact size as Shazier coming out.
Steelers should get on this guy. 19 tackles in bowl. Played so well at Shrine was added to Sr Bowl. Arrow pointing up.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor

nice find, thanks. Sounds like the kid was a self described knucklehead that has got his life turned the right way. Is maybe a 6th or 7th round pick that could end up being a contributor. I think Vince Williams was also a 6th round pick.

I still will be OK if they just draft one ILB in round 1 and find another DE to convert to OLB like Justin Hollins or Chase Winovich later in the draft.

hawaiiansteeler
03-04-2019, 01:10 AM
Bush might still fall to #20 as at 5'11" he isn't really as big as some might like from ILB dropping in coverage or covering 6'4" TE's. Still, if he is there the Steelers should jump at him. Plays fast, tackles well, blitzes and has that alpha dog leadership kind of personality. Runs a 4.44 40 time and jumps 40.5" in vertical shows what an athlete he is.

James C Wexell Retweeted

@JeffRisdon

Devin Bush has to be one of the biggest "winners" of the Combine. Came in bigger than expected and is still ridiculously fast (4.44) and quick. Game tape is the best of any off-ball LB in this class by a wide margin IMO and now the measurements show elite potential

teegre
03-04-2019, 06:27 AM
Did Mack Wilson run? I hope somebody else takes him and the Steelers can end up with a Devin.

:nod:

I had heard about Mack Wilson all year long. Knowing our need for ILB, I focused on him specifically in the championship game.

Did he play???

Dwinsgames
03-04-2019, 09:01 AM
for every kid that moves up based on non football activities a football player will fall that was rated higher based on football abilities .....

so I am cool with it

SteelMember
03-04-2019, 09:12 AM
I have to think that Devin White won't make it past the Bengals if he even gets that far. Bush stock rising, so I have a gut feeling we finally get a chance at a higher ranked CB. Byron Murphy is the name that keeps coming up...

FrancoLambert
03-04-2019, 09:42 AM
Have to hope for a David DeCastro type fall...I still think that may be one of my favorite times in the draft when he fell all the way to Pittsburgh.

:thumbsup:
Me too!
What a wonderful surprise it was and it turned out pretty good.
Our O-line was dreadful, we needed help badly, and we were so fortunate that DeCastro dropped to us.
I was ecstatic at the time.
Maybe lightning will strike twice.

Dwinsgames
03-04-2019, 09:50 AM
James C Wexell Retweeted

@JeffRisdon

Devin Bush has to be one of the biggest "winners" of the Combine. Came in bigger than expected and is still ridiculously fast (4.44) and quick. Game tape is the best of any off-ball LB in this class by a wide margin IMO and now the measurements show elite potential

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D002LDbWsAAUF56.jpg:large