PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown Knows Steelers Want Him Traded By March 17 For Several Reasons

Shoes
03-02-2019, 05:42 PM
This guy is a real tool. He stresses the Steelers responsibility and commitment to his contract agreement but walks out on his. This shit bird has the gall to say on his shitter account "God use me for your will" Well you missed it Big Chest, it starts by honoring your commitments which you walked out on.

It probably won’t be too much longer until wide receiver Antonio Brown is a former member of the Pittsburgh Steelers as the team is expected to trade him within the next two weeks. Brown’s very confident that he’ll be dealt very soon as well and he said as much during his recent sit-down interview with Jeff Darlington of ESPN when asked what would happen if the Steelers don’t trade him.

“Why wouldn’t they trade me?” Brown asked back to Darlington. “They’ve got to pay me $2.5 million on March 17th. If I invoice you March 17 $2.5 million that you got to pay me, would you pay it, or you get somebody else to pay it? So that’s pretty much what’s good for their business.”

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/antonio-brown-knows-steelers-want-him-traded-by-march-17-for-several-reasons/

FrancoLambert
03-02-2019, 06:28 PM
“Invoice,” his vocabulary is expanding. :upyours:

teegre
03-02-2019, 06:41 PM
AB has obviously been coached on what to say, because I doubt he can do that much math on his own.

Really.

AtlantaDan
03-02-2019, 06:48 PM
AB has obviously been coached on what to say, because I doubt he can do that much math on his own.

Really.

Yeah that is the agent talking

Drew Rosenhaus has done a good job in getting him set up with friendly interviews by LeBron James and ESPN but the problem of AB having to do the talking remains

He had his photo taken with Bill Simmons but my guess is there was no podcast because AB was too incoherent or would/could not answer any less than fawning questions from Simmons (no Steelers fan)

86WARD
03-02-2019, 07:01 PM
$2.5M to retain his rights is nothing...you pay that every time. Unfortunately, AB isn’t as smart as he looks...

pczach
03-03-2019, 03:35 AM
If the team doesn't make a quick deal and pays the $2.5 million........AB better buckle up for what might come next.

Mr Big Chest will shit his pants if they force him to play and he has to choose whether to hold out this season or suck it up and have to chew and swallow all of his trash talking about the organization, his head coach, and his quarterback.

Fire Goodell
03-03-2019, 04:15 AM
Now tell me Mr. Big Chest, what good is a trade, if you're unable to get any... trade value..
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rWBntJAvTmY/maxresdefault.jpg

stillers4me
03-03-2019, 07:55 AM

NCSteeler
03-03-2019, 08:38 AM
If the team doesn't make a quick deal and pays the $2.5 million........AB better buckle up for what might come next.

Mr Big Chest will shit his pants if they force him to play and he has to choose whether to hold out this season or suck it up and have to chew and swallow all of his trash talking about the organization, his head coach, and his quarterback.I'm down with it. Fuck this guy. We're biting 21 mil either way, I'd fuck with his head as hard as possible.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

teegre
03-03-2019, 08:59 AM
I'm down with it. Fuck this guy. We're biting 21 mil either way

Which is exactly why the deal has to be right.

The other team is getting: a) the best WR in a generation, and b) a $21 million discount.

I still say that the Dolphins make a ton of sense. They can sign Xavien Howard to a new deal (which he wants) and immediately trade him, in order to off-set that $21 million. Of course, the Saints “could” extend Marshon Lattimore for $21 million and then trade him, but it’s less logical (albeit, very doable).

steelreserve
03-03-2019, 10:01 AM
Wait, though ... what if we paid him the $2.5 million ... and then THAT'S ALL HE MADE FOR THE WHOLE YEAR.

Like, do that, or show up and play, that's the choice you have.

And in order to do that, the steps we have to take are ... nothing.

HOLY SHIT

200 IQ PLAY

MIND BLOWN

stillers4me
03-03-2019, 11:22 AM

No, Nimrod. The QB you've trashtalked for the last month is the one that does the stuff for the police. You are a menace to the public.

Hound
03-03-2019, 11:41 AM
If the deal isn’t right, let this dipshit holdout. If he doesn’t holdout and he becomes a distraction keep fining him and suspend him. The Steelers need to send a signal to its team and the NFL agents that they will not be bullied. I would hate to hear of the drama again, but I would hate it more if this ass clown got what he wanted.

steelreserve
03-03-2019, 11:52 AM

Wow, I don't think I'd ever seen an actual interview with Brown other than the standard postgame stuff where it's all "woof woof, teamwork, rah rah football." That guy is a moron!

Mojouw
03-03-2019, 12:16 PM
Are you all starting to get that there is nothing Tomlin, Colbert, or Rooney could have done?

This dude is not very smart and has an ego the size of a planet. That is a toxic combination that no amount of rules or discipline was or is going to fix.

The only way this changes is if/when AB finds out that no one wants to trade for him and pay him more money.

stillers4me
03-03-2019, 12:23 PM

steelreserve
03-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Are you all starting to get that there is nothing Tomlin, Colbert, or Rooney could have done?

This dude is not very smart and has an ego the size of a planet. That is a toxic combination that no amount of rules or discipline was or is going to fix.

The only way this changes is if/when AB finds out that no one wants to trade for him and pay him more money.

I never thought it was anyone's fault but the player, it just made no sense what it it could possibly be about. Now I get it.

If that interview is at all representative of real life, the guy is operating at a speed that is like being drunk out of your mind and stoned out of your mind at the same time, only that's every day, without doing anything. I'd love to be that stupid for a day or two, just to see what it's like if you're starting from there and THEN you use drugs. It must be amazing.

AtlantaDan
03-03-2019, 01:36 PM

Really.

I do not think anyone coached him to say this, which sounds like the sort of egomaniacal delusion that is peak AB

“I don’t even have to play football if I don’t want. I don’t even need the game. I don’t need to prove nothing to anyone,” Brown told ESPN, via NFL.com. “If they wanna play, they going to play by my rules (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001020572/article/antonio-brown-i-dont-even-have-to-play-football). If not, I don’t need to play.

“Obviously, I want the game, but I don’t need the game. It’s a difference.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/03/antonio-brown-i-dont-even-have-to-play-football/

He may not need the game but IMO with his lifestyle choices he needs the money. Athletes and other entertainers making millions in their 20s go broke in their 30s all the time

Butch
03-03-2019, 01:54 PM
I never thought it was anyone's fault but the player, it just made no sense what it it could possibly be about. Now I get it.

If that interview is at all representative of real life, the guy is operating at a speed that is like being drunk out of your mind and stoned out of your mind at the same time, only that's every day, without doing anything. I'd love to be that stupid for a day or two, just to see what it's like if you're starting from there and THEN you use drugs. It must be amazing.

I honestly think it's because of the hit he took from Burfect, I think it really messed with his brain more than we know.

Born2Steel
03-03-2019, 02:48 PM
I do not think anyone coached him to say this, which sounds like the sort of egomaniacal delusion that is peak AB

“I don’t even have to play football if I don’t want. I don’t even need the game. I don’t need to prove nothing to anyone,” Brown told ESPN, via NFL.com. “If they wanna play, they going to play by my rules (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001020572/article/antonio-brown-i-dont-even-have-to-play-football). If not, I don’t need to play.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/03/antonio-brown-i-dont-even-have-to-play-football/

He may not need the game but IMO with his lifestyle choices he needs the money. Athletes and other entertainers making millions in their 20s go broke in their 30s all the time

The question i keep going over in my mind is what if he does choose to just walk away from football? Say there is no team willing to trade or "play by his rules" and he just refuses to play for the Steelers under his current contract. What happens to his guaranteed money then? Would AB actually walk away from however many millions into the sunset with no job? None of this makes any sense at all.

steelreserve
03-03-2019, 05:06 PM
I honestly think it's because of the hit he took from Burfect, I think it really messed with his brain more than we know.

I believe it. You're not born that stupid, you GET that stupid.

The question i keep going over in my mind is what if he does choose to just walk away from football? Say there is no team willing to trade or "play by his rules" and he just refuses to play for the Steelers under his current contract. What happens to his guaranteed money then? Would AB actually walk away from however many millions into the sunset with no job? None of this makes any sense at all.

Nobody pays him any more money if he retires. We do, however, still eat the $21M cap charge, which is for the up-front bonus money we already paid him. Normally the cap hit for that is spread out over the length of the contract, but as soon as the player is not on the team anymore, you eat it all at once.

AtlantaDan
03-03-2019, 05:39 PM
Nobody pays him any more money if he retires. We do, however, still eat the $21M cap charge, which is for the up-front bonus money we already paid him. Normally the cap hit for that is spread out over the length of the contract, but as soon as the player is not on the team anymore, you eat it all at once.

If he retires my understanding is the Steelers can seek to recover the pro rated portion of the signing bonus for the years remaining on his contract, assuming there is not contract language that restricts recovery of any bonus money.

This issue came up when Calvin Johnson retired several years ago and the Lions were considering going after his prorated bonus $$$ (they ultimately recovered $1 million of the $3.2 million prorated amount). I also recall it was discussed when Radio Ben was muttering about possible retirement after the AFC championship game loss.

If they did they will receive salary cap credits reflecting the refund

https://overthecap.com/what-happens-when-calvin-johnson-retires/
(https://overthecap.com/what-happens-when-calvin-johnson-retires/)
When it comes to forfeiture provisions due to retirement this is a topic that an agent can negotiate. Teams can and do put language in contracts that do not allow the team to recapture money in the event of retirement.

https://overthecap.com/thoughts-calvin-johnsons-bonus-forfeiture/

AB is not retiring - despite his contention he can afford to walk away my guess is his current finances are a house of cards

86WARD
03-03-2019, 06:14 PM
I wouldn’t mind seeing him retire. I’d actually prefer that and then watch him go away...

steelreserve
03-03-2019, 06:24 PM
If he retires my understanding is the Steelers can seek to recover the pro rated portion of the signing bonus for the years remaining on his contract, assuming there is not contract language that restricts recovery of any bonus money.

This issue came up when Calvin Johnson retired several years ago and the Lions were considering going after his prorated bonus $$$ (they ultimately recovered $1 million of the $3.2 million prorated amount). I also recall it was discussed when Radio Ben was muttering about possible retirement after the AFC championship game loss.

If they did they will receive salary cap credits reflecting the refund

https://overthecap.com/what-happens-when-calvin-johnson-retires/
(https://overthecap.com/what-happens-when-calvin-johnson-retires/)
When it comes to forfeiture provisions due to retirement this is a topic that an agent can negotiate. Teams can and do put language in contracts that do not allow the team to recapture money in the event of retirement.

https://overthecap.com/thoughts-calvin-johnsons-bonus-forfeiture/

AB is not retiring - despite his contention he can afford to walk away my guess is his current finances are a house of cards

I'm not sure how that process works, but if I had to guess, we'd be at a disadvantage trying to get any cap relief, since much of the dead money is "signing bonus" in name only, and is actually base salary for past years that was converted into bonuses for cap purposes. It would set a bad precedent if restructures were allowed to be recovered; there would be nothing stopping a team from taking a player they knew was retiring soon and giving him fake extensions and restructures. Kind of like the 49ers with Rickey Jackson, only different. I doubt the league wants to open that can of worms. At best it probably would end up in arbitration.

As for the last part - yup. Brown has been paid more money than even the biggest fool should be able to squander, but he just might do it. Mike Tyson looks like an astrophysicist by comparison.

smokin3000gt
03-03-2019, 07:56 PM

He better check with his accountant about his assets/liabilities. I'd bet a dollar and a donut that he is upside down on his debt to cash ratio and if the gravy train quit he'd be fucked. It's easy to live large and feel rich when checks are coming in.

I've wondered the same thing

Steelerchad
03-03-2019, 08:59 PM
It's pretty crazy that the Steelers have been in the headlines for nothing but drama for the better part of a year now. Bell in the preseason and most of the season and Brown since late December.
When the playoffs were going on, nothing but Steelers drama on NFL radio. It's disgusting to see where this team is now. Ready for both these clowns to be gone. If we could make both or either suffer a bit more, I'd prefer that to a draft pick.

Fire Goodell
03-04-2019, 10:47 AM
March 11th can't come soon enough

DesertSteel
03-04-2019, 11:58 AM
Broncos and Cardinals now in the mix according to Rap............

Dwinsgames
03-04-2019, 12:18 PM

send his ass to the desert where they do not even know who the QB will be in 2019

Fire Goodell
03-04-2019, 12:30 PM
send his ass to the desert where they do not even know who the QB will be in 2019

Would be funny to see if him and Fitzgerald get along. Fitz would have probably killed to play for the Steelers

hawaiiansteeler
03-04-2019, 12:36 PM
I predict AB goes to the Raiders for their 27th pick in the first round.

tube517
03-04-2019, 12:37 PM

If he goes to the Donkeys, he will reunite w/his "buddy" Manny Sanders and get moonballs from Bert lol

AtlantaDan
03-04-2019, 12:45 PM

If he goes to the Donkeys, he will reunite w/his "buddy" Manny Sanders and get moonballs from Bert lol

Moonball Joe Flacco throwing to AB would be interesting :chuckle:

Hard to see how it works for the Cardinals if Patrick Peterson is not part of any deal and it is draft picks only. Cards allegedly drafting Kyler Murray with the #1 pick - maybe the plan is to get a first round pick when the Cards move Josh Rosen after drafting Murray and flip that for Big Chest but Peter King said this morning Rosen is not going to bring a first round pick in return

I asked Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner, who lives in Arizona and watched Rosen last year, what he thinks the value for Rosen is. “I would give a three for Josh,” Warner said. A third-round pick. Yikes. Saturday night, I asked a renowned NFL GM what he thought the value of Rosen in trade would. “Probably a three,” the GM said. “Not what the Cardinals would think his value is.”

King now claims AB to Raiders also is his speculation as of today

Brown to the Raiders for the 27th pick (the Amari Cooper (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10310/amari-cooper) pick from Dallas, ironically) sounds about right to me.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/04/kyler-murray-nfl-combine-notes-fmia-peter-king/?cid=pftstory

ESPN also on the AB to Gruden bandwagon for now over the Titans and Washington speculation

Brown likes Carr, and Gruden loves Brown, so much so that he said Brown was the hardest-working practice player he had ever seen -- and that included Jerry Rice. Then there’s this in 2020: Brown in Las Vegas.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/04/kyler-murray-nfl-combine-notes-fmia-peter-king/?cid=pftstory

AB in Vegas - yikes :jawdrop2:

86WARD
03-04-2019, 01:06 PM

that blowhard Peter King is saying that's what he think will actually happen.

hawaiiansteeler
03-04-2019, 01:28 PM
that blowhard Peter King is saying that's what he think will actually happen.

it makes sense, Gruden loves AB and has 3 first round picks to use as draft capital.

Mojouw
03-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Honestly, all of these rumored trades suck. One first round pick for the most dominant WR in the league AND the team eats a massive cap hit?

Basically, this makes it sound like the best deal on the table is what the Raiders got for Amari Cooper. How much better of a WR is Antonio Brown than Amari Cooper?

There is no way this works out well for the team. I predict the offense regresses massively in 2019. With the already shaky defensive situation, this is not going to go well. If it were up to me, I would just not trade AB and let him just sit out. I'm getting screwed anyways, might as well take someone else down with me.

Born2Steel
03-04-2019, 01:43 PM
Not often I disagree but I do here. That cap hit cones no matter what so to me the 27th overall pick is better than AB sitting and the Steelers get zero in return. 2019 may not look shiney but there will also be a 2020 and beyond that the extra 1st will help with.

Fire Goodell
03-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Knock Colbert all we want but he has a pretty good track record with 1R picks. If we get two first round picks in the draft it'll be an exciting offseason

steelreserve
03-04-2019, 01:59 PM
Wait, somebody catch me up here ... the Cardinals are really going to go QB in Round 1 two years in a row?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I know Murray had a great year, but I did not get the same "can't-miss franchise quarterback" impression that others have given off in the past. He definitely has the potential to be great, but also has the potential to crap out. Was Rosen that bad in his first year? I honestly don't know the answer to that.

steelreserve
03-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Not often I disagree but I do here. That cap hit cones no matter what so to me the 27th overall pick is better than AB sitting and the Steelers get zero in return. 2019 may not look shiney but there will also be a 2020 and beyond that the extra 1st will help with.

If Brown sits out, we get the cap space back, and we can still trade him in 2020, but for a zero dead money charge ($15M credit will offset the $14M portion of the bonus remaining). It'd still be a circus, but it'd be a circus anyway.

Mojouw
03-04-2019, 02:15 PM
If Brown sits out, we get the cap space back, and we can still trade him in 2020, but for a zero dead money charge ($15M credit will offset the $14M portion of the bonus remaining). It'd still be a circus, but it'd be a circus anyway.

This is explaining it much better than my gloomy earlier post.

Point is a single low first round pick is not acceptable compensation for AB. A first and a third - maybe. Khalil Mack style two firsts and some pick swaps -- now you're in the neighborhood.

I really really really really hope that the ONLY person who thinks this deal has to get done is Antonio Brown. I truly believe that if the Steelers wait this out until they get what they want (whatever that is) they can't lose. If they rush and do something just to end the news cycle -- that is dumb.

Fire Goodell
03-04-2019, 02:17 PM
I always dreamed we'd be the recipient of a ricky williams or herschel walker type trade, but i doubt AB will get us that (maybe 4 years ago). One could dream though!

silver & black
03-04-2019, 04:34 PM
- - - Updated - - -

:thumbdown: :puke:

NCSteeler
03-04-2019, 04:54 PM
I always dreamed we'd be the recipient of a ricky williams or herschel walker type trade, but i doubt AB will get us that (maybe 4 years ago). One could dream though!4 months ago we could have named out price. But after all the BS we'll be lucky to get a 1st round pick.

I'm ready to move on, not santonio type of move on but my price gets lower with every interview

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

AtlantaDan
03-04-2019, 05:32 PM
Wait, somebody catch me up here ... the Cardinals are really going to go QB in Round 1 two years in a row?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I know Murray had a great year, but I did not get the same "can't-miss franchise quarterback" impression that others have given off in the past. He definitely has the potential to be great, but also has the potential to crap out. Was Rosen that bad in his first year? I honestly don't know the answer to that.

Cardinals are pretending 2018 never happened - fired both the first year HC and are dumping the first round QB draft choice brought on last season

Cannot recall any team ever doing that reset before - that is a perennially screwed up franchise

hawaiiansteeler
03-04-2019, 05:33 PM
- - - Updated - - -

there was a poll where they asked the fans of every NFL team if they wanted to trade for AB and the answers were almost unanimously no...

86WARD
03-04-2019, 05:42 PM
Honestly, all of these rumored trades suck. One first round pick for the most dominant WR in the league AND the team eats a massive cap hit?

Basically, this makes it sound like the best deal on the table is what the Raiders got for Amari Cooper. How much better of a WR is Antonio Brown than Amari Cooper?

There is no way this works out well for the team. I predict the offense regresses massively in 2019. With the already shaky defensive situation, this is not going to go well. If it were up to me, I would just not trade AB and let him just sit out. I'm getting screwed anyways, might as well take someone else down with me.

Agree 100%

AtlantaDan
03-04-2019, 05:54 PM

Repeating the Bell situation and AB sitting out would stick it to him but will be one more year of the “Ben window” gone if they lose AB and get absolutely nothing for him in 2019

Steelers are trying to salvage something from this to provide any possible support to a QB who they are going to sink big $$$ into during his final years

Agreed this is not going to end well

Born2Steel
03-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Cardinals are pretending 2018 never happened - fired both the first year HC and are dumping the first round QB draft choice brought on last season

Cannot recall any team ever doing that reset before - that is a perennially screwed up franchise

This is mystifying. They have Rosen, Fitz, Christian Kirk, Jermaine Gresham, Seals-Jones, DJ Foster and David Johnson. They could add a couple weapons from this year's draft class and have a very stout offense. The OL shouldn't be as terrible once they get guys back from IR. I thought they looked to be building a decent young team. If they added AB to what they currently have they look very scary. Not even talking about the names they have on defense.

steelreserve
03-04-2019, 07:59 PM

Come to think of it, the Browns might have done it either leading up to or in the midst of their 1-31 stretch ... but even if so, that is not exactly an example you want to emulate.

Hound
03-04-2019, 08:12 PM
At this point a first round pick is a win. When this all started I was confident that the Steelers were going to get two high round picks. This ass clowns actions in the media has diminished his value, to think that we will get any sort of higher value next year is insane. His skill set is worth way more than a first but his lack of concern for his team and teammates is unacceptable. Cut bait on a 31 year old diva headache.

teegre
03-05-2019, 06:51 AM
I always dreamed we'd be the recipient of a ricky williams or herschel walker type trade, but i doubt AB will get us that (maybe 4 years ago). One could dream though!

In September, we could have gotten three R1 picks. Alas...

That said, as I’ve posted elsewhere, once teams get “serious” about actually trading for AB, I predict that his price will go up. My guess: a R1 in 2019 and a R2 in 2020.

Hound
03-05-2019, 08:49 AM
As I’ve said before, I’d take the Raiders 27th and Gareon Conley. Hoping the Redskins are truly interested and the Steelers get the 15th, but seems highly unlikely right now

Dwinsgames
03-05-2019, 09:21 AM
As I’ve said before, I’d take the Raiders 27th and Gareon Conley. Hoping the Redskins are truly interested and the Steelers get the 15th, but seems highly unlikely right now

if forced to choose between those two option I think I take the Raiders deal ( if offered )

I mean you solve the other boundary opposite Haden and still have an extra first round pick ....

Imagine if somehow Devin White Fell to 20 and we took him , and then Devin Bush fell to 27 and we took him too !!!

we could cover or rush with either at any given time would drive a QB nuts trying to figure out who was gonna be where and when ... accounting for them would be literally a 50 -50 proposition

FrancoLambert
03-05-2019, 10:17 AM
- - - Updated - - -

You mean you don’t want an all-pro WR that also happens to be an all-pro head case. :wink02:

86WARD
03-05-2019, 03:46 PM
The thing with the Raiders is when they move to Vegas, they’re wanting to start fresh. AB isn’t fresh. He will be 32-33 in two years and that’s not fresh. AB is a final piece to a puzzle. If the Raiders were serious about competing (trading for AB serious), they wouldn’t have had the attitude to trade Khalil Mack. The Raiders have the picks, but it’s hard to justify them making that move. Just a thought, two of those picks get packaged to move up for Murray?

silver & black
03-05-2019, 04:08 PM
The thing with the Raiders is when they move to Vegas, they’re wanting to start fresh. AB isn’t fresh. He will be 32-33 in two years and that’s not fresh. AB is a final piece to a puzzle. If the Raiders were serious about competing (trading for AB serious), they wouldn’t have had the attitude to trade Khalil Mack. The Raiders have the picks, but it’s hard to justify them making that move. Just a thought, two of those picks get packaged to move up for Murray?

I'm not really interested in Murray, either. Carr isn't what I'd hoped he'd be, but at least we know what he is... and isn't. He's quite serviceable until we are settled in Vegas, then we can see about another QB.

86WARD
03-05-2019, 05:04 PM
I'm not really interested in Murray, either. Carr isn't what I'd hoped he'd be, but at least we know what he is... and isn't. He's quite serviceable until we are settled in Vegas, then we can see about another QB.

Doesn't sound like that's what Gruden wants though (Carr).

Fire Goodell
03-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Carr wears eyeliner, how could any team possibly lose to that? Uhh, I'll see myself out now while hanging my head in shame. :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
03-05-2019, 09:41 PM
Jets reportedly contact Steelers about trading for Antonio Brown; are Raiders still the favorites?

The Raiders are reportedly the 'most consistently interested' in dealing for the receiver

by Cody Benjamin

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-reportedly-contact-steelers-about-trading-for-antonio-brown-are-raiders-still-the-favorites/

86WARD
03-06-2019, 05:32 AM
These teams may be contacting the Steelers, but I don’t think most of them are serious. Especially the Jets. Unless they are offering 2020 picks, they don’t have the picks to get him. They aren’t giving up a round 1 pick in 2019...they don’t have a second and there’s no player on theor roster worth Brown. So there’s nothing in 2019 worth Brown. Jets likely can’t put together a package for Brown even with a 2020 first round pick because that pick is probably projected to be too high for Brown’s value.

teegre
03-06-2019, 06:47 AM
These teams may be contacting the Steelers, but I don’t think most of them are serious. Especially the Jets. Unless they are offering 2020 picks, they don’t have the picks to get him. They aren’t giving up a round 1 pick in 2019...they don’t have a second and there’s no player on theor roster worth Brown. So there’s nothing in 2019 worth Brown. Jets likely can’t put together a package for Brown even with a 2020 first round pick because that pick is probably projected to be too high for Brown’s value.

The Jets would never do it, but I’d take an even swap for Jamal Adams.

NOTE: Again, I’d also want the Jets to “extend” Adams (signing bonus of $17-$21 million) right before trading him, in order to offset the $21 million we’d be losing.

Hound
03-06-2019, 07:20 AM
Cimini, reported last week of a possible Robbie Anderson and the Jets Two third round picks for AB. He is pretty much like every other sports columnists, says something and sees if it sticks

AtlantaDan
03-06-2019, 08:42 AM
Hopefully this indicates the Steelers are receiving multiple viable offers rather than Colbert trying to stir up interest by claiming teams must make their bid now

DesertSteel
03-06-2019, 09:10 AM
I'm excited to see what happens... Every time I open ESPN of NFL websites I'm expecting to see the big news about Mr. Big Chest being officially traded. There's no way they don't get a #1 out of MBC.

Mojouw
03-06-2019, 09:36 AM
So this is rock solid editing and CYA. No matter what happens, one of these headlines is correct. Seriously, posted w/in 10 minutes of each other. And offering contradictory spins on same information. Dumb-ass.

Article Posted by: Matthew Marczi March 6, 2019 at 10:00 am 8 Comments
Teams Starting To Balk At Trading For Antonio Brown As Market Narrows The good news is that, technically speaking, the Pittsburgh Steelers only need one team to really want to trade for Antonio Brown...

(https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/teams-starting-to-balk-at-trading-for-antonio-brown-as-market-narrows/)

Steelers News Posted by: Dave Bryan March 6, 2019 at 9:51 am 41 Comments

Report: Steelers Expected To Have Trade For WR Antonio Brown In Place By Friday The Pittsburgh Steelers are expected to have a trade in place for wide receiver Antonio Brown by Friday, according to Adam Schefter...

(https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/report-steelers-expected-to-have-trade-for-wr-antonio-brown-in-place-by-friday/)

Rotorhead
03-06-2019, 10:17 AM
Now that Devin White is being projected to go to the Bucs from several ppl today, I am hoping we can trade our #20 and AB for the Raiders top pick to snag White, but it would probably be a better idea to take the 20 and 27 picks and get Bush and a CB.

st33lersguy
03-06-2019, 10:25 AM
I'll believe these reports when I see it happen

Fire Goodell
03-06-2019, 10:41 AM
Rumor is he'll likely be traded by Friday. This either means the Steelers really want him gone and will take anything they can get, or they got a good offer. Hope it's the latter.

Or it could be smoke and mirrors.

steelreserve
03-06-2019, 11:24 AM
Call me naively optimistic, but I think the fact that numerous reports have suddenly changed direction in a short amount of time, and in the same direction, means there is actually something to it this time.

Previously, it was just the same bullshit over and over, each story leading off on a different random tangent, no sources, nothing except the reporter's opinion, or maybe he talked to one agent who has nothing to do with Brown or any team involved in it ... repeated every day while conveying no new information. I bet something actually does happen in the next few days.

AtlantaDan
03-06-2019, 11:34 AM

LOL - Contrast Rapoport's tweet this morning with this one

These "reporters" just tweet whatever they are told by their "league sources" with no attempt to figure out if it is true

Born2Steel
03-06-2019, 12:02 PM
Whichever team is telling AB to act like an escaped mental patient to drive down his trade value and scare other teams off needs to lose their draft picks for this year’s draft. If he does end up staying another year I hope his career is still the most important thing to him. I would bet he’s trying to get to Miami or SF.

steelreserve
03-06-2019, 12:05 PM
LOL - Contrast Rapoport's tweet this morning with this one

These "reporters" just tweet whatever they are told by their "league sources" with no attempt to figure out if it is true

That's basically any reporting anywhere these days. Hell, half the news stories you see are like a paragraph of the reporter's own opinion followed by half a dozen tweets from blue checkmarks.

But I suppose in this case that's what the "Players Around the League React to Antonio Brown Trade" article is for.

The burning question there is whether they'll actually go with "Around the League" in the headline, since of course they'll also have to include what LeBron tweets, and maybe another one from the star of the local NBA team along the lines of "Welcome to (city name) my man Mr. Big Chest, things about to get real up in here dawg! #2SportChamps #hatersgonnahate #DynastyIncoming #goheels #marchmadness #HitMeUpForTickets" with a little underlined 100 next to it before the 20 hashtags. If it's New York or Miami, that could become a challenge, since NBA stars are few and far between.

Fire Goodell
03-06-2019, 12:30 PM
Lot of talk saying it's the Raiders 27th. They became out best trading partners, Bryant for a #3, we got Switzer for basically nothing. Now #1 for AB? I hope

DesertSteel
03-06-2019, 01:41 PM
Lot of talk saying it's the Raiders 27th. They became out best trading partners, Bryant for a #3, we got Switzer for basically nothing. Now #1 for AB? I hope
Maybe they'd give the Steelers a 3rd for Artie Burns????

Neversatisfied
03-06-2019, 02:52 PM

I dont think the 27th pick will be enough for the Steelers liking, they just might ask for a tad more

steelcityboyz
03-06-2019, 03:47 PM
I dont think the 27th pick will be enough for the Steelers liking, they just might ask for a tad moreI agree. The Steelers need something better than just a 27th.. Say what you will, but Mr Big Chest is still the best WR in the game today.

silver & black
03-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Some how, I know Chucky is going to pull the trigger on AB.... much to my dismay. I think it's a bad idea right now. If we were closer to contending, I honestly wouldn't have a problem having the best WR in the game on my team.... even with the attitude.

I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does, I'll just cheer him on and hope for the best.

steelreserve
03-06-2019, 05:00 PM
Some how, I know Chucky is going to pull the trigger on AB.... much to my dismay. I think it's a bad idea right now. If we were closer to contending, I honestly wouldn't have a problem having the best WR in the game on my team.... even with the attitude.

I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does, I'll just cheer him on and hope for the best.

It seems like no matter who the coach / owner / GM is, the Raiders still always follow the same old pattern with trades and free agents. It's so predictable it's uncanny. Almost as predictable as the way that, if you were to go up to a zookeeper and say, "How come you didn't name that tiger Tony?" you just know she is not gonna laugh. She'll probably just smirk and go "Well, ACTUALLY, all three of our tigers are females." And so then you say, "Well ok, what about Toni with an I?" and she goes, "That's not funny. They're magnificent animals that are almost extinct in the wild, not a joke for your amusement." So you're like, "Come on, what's up your butt? That's still way too good to pass up. There has to be at least ONE person on your staff who isn't a total humorless idiot." And then she tells you, "That animal was named by our tiger keeper Margaret, who's been here for 25 years, and she named it Shakhti, which is the African word for Spirit, in honor of her mother who passed away." So then you calmly explain, "They don't even have tigers in Africa, you dumb fat fuckin' prostitute!" And then as she's escorting you from the premises, you yell to everyone that they're opening a whale exhibit and you're looking at the main attraction.

I forget what my point even was, except man, animal people have NO sense of humor, and I can't believe I'm still not allowed in the children's zoo.

Also, I think that if this were ever to, uh, ... theoretically happen, it would be better if you started talking more and more in a thick New York accent as it went on.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
03-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Lot of talk saying it's the Raiders 27th. They became out best trading partners, Bryant for a #3, we got Switzer for basically nothing. Now #1 for AB? I hope I think the Steelers already had the 27th from them offered. I think they are just listening now to hear any better offers.

FrancoLambert
03-06-2019, 05:14 PM
Maybe they'd give the Steelers a 3rd for Artie Burns????

Or Bud Dupree.

Rotorhead
03-06-2019, 05:27 PM
I have a deal for them, Burns, Dupree, AB and Tomlin for their 27th!

03-06-2019, 05:43 PM
I have a deal for them, Burns, Dupree, AB and Tomlin for their 27th! That sounds like a crap team dump fantasy football trade to me. I hope someone will fall for it lol.

steelreserve
03-06-2019, 05:47 PM
That sounds like a crap team dump fantasy football trade to me. I hope someone will fall for it lol.

"But then we'll create a hole in the roster at OLB and CB. Our only option is to pay shitty players $10 million."

03-06-2019, 05:54 PM
"But then we'll create a hole in the roster at OLB and CB. Our only option is to pay shitty players $10 million."Haha aren't we doing that now ?

steelreserve
03-06-2019, 06:04 PM
Haha aren't we doing that now ?

Yes! Because how could we ever manage without the defensive brilliance of Bud Dupree!

03-06-2019, 06:11 PM
Yes! Because how could we ever manage without the defensive brilliance of Bud Dupree! He did improve last year and went from dog shit to cat shit. We need a upgrade and that is way to much to pay a average player.

Fire Goodell
03-06-2019, 06:29 PM

He'll help sell tickets in vegas

03-06-2019, 06:50 PM
He'll help sell tickets in vegas Which AB will legally change his name to this symbol $.

DesertSteel
03-06-2019, 06:56 PM
He did improve last year and went from dog shit to cat shit. We need a upgrade and that is way to much to pay a average player.
This year maybe it'll be parrot poop...

86WARD
03-06-2019, 06:59 PM
He'll help sell tickets in vegas

Maybe not...a 33 year old AB may not sell tickets anywhere and that would be his last season under contract if everything stayed the same.

03-06-2019, 07:15 PM
This year maybe it'll be parrot poop... Lol and think he is worth keeping at a couple Mill but the Steelers need to upgrade the spot for a better player.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe not...a 33 year old AB may not sell tickets anywhere and that would be his last season under contract if everything stayed the same. When he scores a TD and makes love to the goal post the Vegas fans will love him.

teegre
03-07-2019, 06:46 AM
I dont think the 27th pick will be enough for the Steelers liking, they just might ask for a tad more

I agree.

I’d love to also get Conley (who Gruden was trying to trade last off-season). And, as I’ve posted dozens of times, I’d love to see the Raiders “extend” Conley (signing bonus of $17-$21 million) right before he is traded in order to help offset the $21 million that the Steelers will lose by trading AB.

86WARD
03-07-2019, 07:53 AM
I agree.

I’d love to also get Conley (who Gruden was trying to trade last off-season). And, as I’ve posted dozens of times, I’d love to see the Raiders “extend” Conley (signing bonus of $17-$21 million) right before he is traded in order to help offset the $21 million that the Steelers will lose by trading AB.

Conley and 27 would be perfect IMO.

DesertSteel
03-07-2019, 09:39 AM
That sounds too good to be true. If Colbert pulled that off, I might think better of him that I do currently.

vader29
03-07-2019, 03:45 PM

hawaiiansteeler
03-07-2019, 04:24 PM

looks like we're not even getting #27.