PDA

View Full Version : Bouchette on the Steelers: Is it time to El-evate the offense?

stillers4me
09-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Steelers' No. 3 QB is WR Antwaan Randle El, and neither he not Steelers doubt he could fill QB's role
Sunday, September 26, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201009/thepass0926_160.jpg
David J. Phillip/AP
Can Antwaan Randle El pass? Reference Super Bowl XL.

Maybe the Steelers are missing a rare opportunity at quarterback today in Tampa, Fla. Maybe they are going with the wrong guy.
Byron Leftwich instead of Charlie Batch? Not necessarily. But, what about Antwaan Randle El instead.
The suggestion is facetious, but, if something happens to Batch and Leftwich today, they will not hesitate to turn to the little guy who still believes he could have been a quarterback in the NFL. And, whenever he has gotten the chance, Randle El has proven he can play quarterback in the NFL.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10269/1090400-66.stm#ixzz10dNQHlEE

Galax Steeler
09-26-2010, 06:53 AM
I am not saying he can't do it but I hope it don't come down to where we need him. I can't wait until Ben comes back and get back to normal.

cold-hard-steel
09-26-2010, 07:46 AM
I didn't realize ole El threw that many passes for us.Don't know why i can't remember that many attempts.Oh well,if it comes down to him being needed,it is what it is.Whatever it takes to win baby.We should use some of the packages we have for him anyway,instead of having them only never to be used.Helps to keep the defense on their toes.

steeldawg
09-26-2010, 07:58 AM
The reason ARE has been able to throw passes in the past is because hes done it as a wide reciever during a gimmick play. ARE is not the answer to our offensive struggles, take dixon for example a big play qb in college (better than ARE), in our offense for 3 yrs and still struggling. I dont think lining up ARE under center and letting him run the offense everydown is a good idea.

The Duke
09-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Randle El has proven he can play quarterback in the NFL.

randle el has proven he can throw a couple of gadget plays here and there

Not even dixonn has proven he can be an nfl qb

steelpride12
09-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Na I wouldn't say use ARE unless it's a dire situation or a playoff game. Gadgets were meant to be use early and often in a season, keep them a secret for now.

Nadroj 20
09-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Na I wouldn't say use ARE unless it's a dire situation or a playoff game. Gadgets were meant to be use early and often in a season, keep them a secret for now.

Not often but I like seeing gadget plays early, it makes teams aware if them and they have to be more honest in fear of them.

ALLD
09-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Steelers @ the 50 yard line. Batch hands off to Ward on an end-around. Ward hands-off to ARE on a reverse. ARE throws a strike to a wide open Brown @ the 20 yard line and he walks in for six points.