02-22-2019, 12:27 PM
so it begins

AtlantaDan
02-22-2019, 12:32 PM
so it begins

Initial offers

Team #1 - box of donuts
Team #2 - wash Colbert's car
Team #3 - 2021 7th round conditional draft choice if AB makes All Pro next season

Steelers will be tested by paying the roster bonus in March if they do not like the offers and tell teams if that is it we will wait for the draft to see if something more reasonable is offered

fansince'76
02-22-2019, 12:41 PM
Initial offers

Team #1 - box of donuts
Team #3 - 2021 7th round conditional draft choice if AB makes All Pro next season

Steelers will be tested by paying the roster bonus in March if they do not like the offers and tell teams if that is it we will wait for the draft to see if something more reasonable is offered

Holding out for a stale 6-pack of Iron City Lite... :chuckle:

86WARD
02-22-2019, 01:00 PM
Interview with Colbert is on espn.com if anyone is interested.

hawaiiansteeler
02-22-2019, 01:02 PM
Holding out for a stale 6-pack of Iron City Lite... :chuckle:

I would play hardball and insist on a fresh 12-pack...

DesertSteel
02-22-2019, 01:31 PM
Honestly, teams would be stupid not to inquire. If I was a GM I'd factor in the toxic culture that seems to be in the Steelers locker room and think I could get the AB of previous years - a diva with a leash.

pepsyman1
02-22-2019, 04:02 PM
Initial offers

Team #1 - box of donuts

I'm still laughing too hard at "box of donuts" to read or type any further...lol. I've still got tears in my eyes

pczach
02-22-2019, 05:11 PM

It would have to be cold too.....

Fire Goodell
02-22-2019, 05:15 PM

Iron City is one of the worst beers I ever drank, I'd have to be paid to drink any more of that

BlackAndGold
02-22-2019, 06:04 PM
Come on Cardinals, give us your 2nd and 5th.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
02-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Come on Cardinals, give us your 2nd and 5th. I think they can do better.

steelreserve
02-23-2019, 12:47 AM
Iron City is one of the worst beers I ever drank, I'd have to be paid to drink any more of that

I can't say I liked it very much either. The light version actually tasted better than the regular, which is probably the only beer I can say that about. That at least was acceptable, but ... yeah, I don't find myself reminiscing about either one much.

BlackAndGold
02-23-2019, 01:50 AM
I think they can do better.

I don't see a team giving up a 1st.

The 33rd overall pick plus a 5th is a good haul.

02-23-2019, 02:11 AM
I don't see a team giving up a 1st.

The 33rd overall pick plus a 5th is a good haul. I do and three teams already showing interest early!

teegre
02-23-2019, 11:32 AM
The 33rd overall pick...

The first pick in Day 2 is a trade-down scebario’s wet dream. Overnight, teams realize that “Name McGuy” is still on the board!!! In turn, you can trade back from that pick in exchange for a nice haul.

Oh... and, instead of a R5 this year, I think that we could get a R1 pick in 2020.

Mojouw
02-23-2019, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't even keep talking with anyone who didn't start with a 2019 1st rounder and a 2020 2nd rounder.

AtlantaDan
02-23-2019, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't even keep talking with anyone who didn't start with a 2019 1st rounder and a 2020 2nd rounder.

Start?

Sort of like a car dealer expecting someone buying a new car to make an opening offer to pay above list price

If that is Colbert’s bargaining position he will have plenty of time to figure out how to get AB, Rosenhaus and the team to work together on handling AB not being traded

Steeler-in-west
02-23-2019, 01:08 PM
Start?

Sort of like a car dealer expecting someone buying a new car to make an opening offer to pay above list price

If that is Colbert’s bargaining position he will have plenty of time to figure out how to get AB, Rosenhaus and the team to work together on handling AB not being traded

maybe that’s what really needs to happen.

Mojouw
02-23-2019, 01:33 PM
Start?

Khalil Mack was worth 2 #1's, a series of pick swaps, and a shiny new contract.

Amari Copper was worth a #1 and and he was going to need a new contract.

Figure Antonio Brown kinda falls between those two in value. If they can't get two high draft picks, don't trade him. The cap hit is the same either way. Sure Rooney will be pissed he has to cute the dude checks, but...

..If AB doesn't play, then he doesn't get paid. Actually the best cap scenario for the team. If he decides he randomly wants to play, then let him. As soon as he breaks rules, suspend him.

Trading AB for garbage draft picks and a massive cap hit in 2019 is dumb.
Say AB decides to not report if you don't trade him. Great! The cap space rolls into 2020.
Maybe he chooses to show up and play. Then fine, tell him he was every interest in balling out to rehab his trade value.

If they are willing to tolerate the social media and regular media circus and PR crap-fest, they can't lose. The only way they lose is trading AB for like a 2 and a 4.

NCSteeler
02-23-2019, 02:13 PM
I do and three teams already showing interest early!Means they called and said what's it going to take, then said oh ok thought you were kidding about not giving him away

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

86WARD
02-23-2019, 04:09 PM

Figure Antonio Brown kinda falls between those two in value. If they can't get two high draft picks, don't trade him. The cap hit is the same either way. Sure Rooney will be pissed he has to cute the dude checks, but...

..If AB doesn't play, then he doesn't get paid. Actually the best cap scenario for the team. If he decides he randomly wants to play, then let him. As soon as he breaks rules, suspend him.

Say AB decides to not report if you don't trade him. Great! The cap space rolls into 2020.
Maybe he chooses to show up and play. Then fine, tell him he was every interest in balling out to rehab his trade value.

If they are willing to tolerate the social media and regular media circus and PR crap-fest, they can't lose. The only way they lose is trading AB for like a 2 and a 4.

Exactly. There's no reason AB is less valuable than Khalil Mack or Amari Cooper. None.

NCSteeler
02-23-2019, 04:16 PM
Exactly. There's no reason AB is less valuable than Khalil Mack or Amari Cooper. None.Mack yes, Cooper no way. If trade brown and our 3rd round for Mack

Mojouw
02-23-2019, 04:22 PM
Exactly. There's no reason AB is less valuable than Khalil Mack or Amari Cooper. None.

The Amari Cooper trade is the best thing that ever happened to the Steelers in regards to AB. Cooper was left for dead and totally under-performing in Oakland (or wherever the Raiders are from now). Everyone said the Cowboys overpaid to turn around their garbage offense. But what happened? Cooper provided a jolt of life and one of the most vanilla and easily defended attacks in the league started to look like it had juice.

Not take a better WR in AB + a better coach than Garrett = WOW!

So yeah, I ain't talking to anybody who doesn't start throwing around high round picks over 2019 and 2020 like candy.

hawaiiansteeler
02-23-2019, 04:49 PM
Colbert’s comments mean 28 teams have shown no interest in Antonio Brown

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 23, 2019

The leading receiver in the NFL over the last five seasons is available in a trade, and 28 teams have shown no interest at all.

That’s the flip side of Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert’s recent comments: Colbert said three teams have reached out to express interest in a trade for wide receiver Antonio Brown. Meaning 28 teams have not reached out.

Brown has 576 catches over the last five seasons, by far the most of any wide receiver in the NFL. What does it say about Brown that Steelers owner Art Rooney II declared on January 10 that the Steelers were like to trade Brown, and as of February 22 only three teams had even bothered to pick up the phone and call the Steelers to ask what it would cost to acquire him?

It says that teams think Brown is a problem in the locker room. It says that teams think Brown, who will turn 31 in July, isn’t going to be the same kind of player in his 30s he was in his 20s. It says that teams think Brown isn’t worth the $12.625 million base salary and $2.5 million roster bonus they’d have to pay if they traded for him.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/23/colberts-comments-mean-28-teams-have-shown-no-interest-in-antonio-brown/

Shoes
02-23-2019, 04:57 PM

The leading receiver in the NFL over the last five seasons is available in a trade, and 28 teams have shown no interest at all.

That’s the flip side of Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert’s recent comments: Colbert said three teams have reached out to express interest in a trade for wide receiver Antonio Brown. Meaning 28 teams have not reached out.

Brown has 576 catches over the last five seasons, by far the most of any wide receiver in the NFL. What does it say about Brown that Steelers owner Art Rooney II declared on January 10 that the Steelers were like to trade Brown, and as of February 22 only three teams had even bothered to pick up the phone and call the Steelers to ask what it would cost to acquire him?

It says that teams think Brown is a problem in the locker room. It says that teams think Brown, who will turn 31 in July, isn’t going to be the same kind of player in his 30s he was in his 20s. It says that teams think Brown isn’t worth the $12.625 million base salary and $2.5 million roster bonus they’d have to pay if they traded for him.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/23/colberts-comments-mean-28-teams-have-shown-no-interest-in-antonio-brown/

What? Did this guy really expect there to be 31 teams interested in AB? This is what I expected, 3-5 teams.

Dwinsgames
02-23-2019, 05:39 PM

you never had Carlings Black Label have you LOL

Shoes
02-23-2019, 05:45 PM
you never had Carlings Black Label have you LOL

I'd rather drink Drano. :chuckle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUd6lYNc_EE

Dwinsgames
02-23-2019, 05:59 PM

I cant say that ....

it would just depend on who was selected with that 2 and that 4 ....

we have had 1st round busts ( see Artie Burns , Jarvis Jones ) per example ...

we have hit home runs with later picks See AB himself ....

Holmes was traded to the New York Jets in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft (the Steelers eventually traded the pick to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for a sixth round pick, which they used to draft Antonio Brown, and reacquiring Bryant McFadden ... so the round isnt the sticking point as much as what you do with it but I agree you want as high of picks as possible as it maximizes your chances

Born2Steel
02-23-2019, 06:01 PM
“Mabel, Black Label”.

2 cases for AB? Deal!!!

Shoes
02-23-2019, 06:34 PM
“Mabel, Black Label”.

2 cases for AB? Deal!!!

and a straight jacket. :chuckle:

BlackAndGold
02-23-2019, 06:41 PM
Raiders are will to deal one of their first round picks.

If there is a team willing to give up a 1st is them. I'd take pick #24. (Brian Burns and Bryon Murphy FTW!!!!)

Craic
02-23-2019, 06:55 PM

Didn't even bother clicking on it with that headline. How stupid. It's February 23. Teams were able to designate Franchise players only four days ago and the combine is coming up in three days. The 2019 league year doesn't even begin until March 13, which is when trading first opens. So why would teams reach out now when they're focused on the combine and it's still three weeks from being able to trade someone anyway?

Bluecoat96
02-23-2019, 07:10 PM
Didn't even bother clicking on it with that headline. How stupid. It's February 23. Teams were able to designate Franchise players only four days ago and the combine is coming up in three days. The 2019 league year doesn't even begin until March 13, which is when trading first opens. So why would teams reach out now when they're focused on the combine and it's still three weeks from being able to trade someone anyway?Shhhh.....stop with these posts that make sense! [emoji23]

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Iron Steeler
02-23-2019, 08:01 PM
I heard Jon Gruden is willing to trade any of his first-round picks he has three of them

steelreserve
02-23-2019, 10:19 PM
I heard the Patriots are offering a buttplug.

86WARD
02-24-2019, 05:53 AM

to read rest of article:

Lol...it couldn’t mean that teams think they are set at the WR position. It couldn’t possibly mean teams are maybe close to the cap limit. Couldn’t mean teams maybe want to wait closer to draft day or see how free agency starts forming. Couldn’t mean there’s just one team that called and Colbert arbitrarily threw out the number three for the hell of it. No. It’s because 28 teams, they know AB is a locker room problem. But those other three, they haven’t figured that out yet. Lol.

Journalism has just gone so wrong...

teegre
02-24-2019, 07:42 AM
My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows a guy who is going with a girl who saw those 28 GMs at Baskin Robbins last night... and she heard them say that they’d never trade for AB. I guess it’s pretty serious.

Similarly, my “unnamed source” told me that the other 3 GMs are willing to trade their entire draft in order to acquire AB.

Lastly, Varys’s little birds told me not to trust anyone in the media.

pczach
02-24-2019, 10:18 AM
I heard the Patriots are offering a buttplug.

Is it pre-owned?

Is it autographed by the owner?

steelreserve
02-24-2019, 01:43 PM
Is it pre-owned?

Is it autographed by the owner?

The first goes without saying. Although I think when dealing with this particular item, "used buttplug" is the preferred term over "pre-owned."

The second, odds are against it. They have so many of those that if they were all autographed, Mr. Brady would be spending his entire day doing nothing but autographing buttplugs.

86WARD
02-24-2019, 09:25 PM
Colts are supposedly now the favorites to land AB...

vader29
02-24-2019, 09:51 PM

teegre
02-25-2019, 06:48 AM
Colts are supposedly now the favorites to land AB...

I have averred for months that the Colts have the cap space to sign Bell to a huge contract.

Then, when the AB mess started, my thought was that they’d also try to acquire a receiver for Luck (whose team would have three more wins of his receivers could catch the effing ball). Plus, the Colts have the cap room to immediately extend AB (guaranteed money, become the highest paid WR in the NFL, etc.).

But... right after AB started his theatrics, the Colts came out and declared that they wanted no part of that type of shenanigans.

Well, here we are a month later, and we are seeing that teams might just feel that AB’s (& Bell’s) talent outweighs the risk factor.

NOTE: The Colts also have the cap room to “extend” a player, right before trading him to the Steelers... which would help offset the $21 million dead-money cap-hit that the Steelers would suffer by trading AB. For example, give Malik Hooker a $21 signing bonus, and then immediately trade him.

86WARD
02-25-2019, 07:30 AM
I have averred for months that the Colts have the cap space to sign Bell to a huge contract.

Then, when the AB mess started, my thought was that they’d also try to acquire a receiver for Luck (whose team would have three more wins of his receivers could catch the effing ball). Plus, the Colts have the cap room to immediately extend AB (guaranteed money, become the highest paid WR in the NFL, etc.).

But... right after AB started his theatrics, the Colts came out and declared that they wanted no part of that type of shenanigans.

Well, here we are a month later, and we are seeing that teams might just feel that AB’s (& Bell’s) talent outweighs the risk factor.

NOTE: The Colts also have the cap room to “extend” a player, right before trading him to the Steelers... which would help offset the $21 million dead-money cap-hit that the Steelers would suffer by trading AB. For example, give Malik Hooker a $21 signing bonus, and then immediately trade him.

Luck, Hilton, AB and Ebron is a nice passing attack.

AtlantaDan
02-25-2019, 08:55 AM
Peter King lists Carolina, Washington, Tampa Bay, the Jets and Oakland as his likely suspects for a trade this morning

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/25/nfl-combine-preview-robert-kraft-nfl-fmia-peter-king/?cid=nbcsports

In discussing trade possibilities I was encouraged by this comment from Albert Breer in his MMQB column

I’d be stunned if the Steelers woke up one morning and decided to stand down on what they want in exchange for Antonio Brown. One reason why is that they have as sharp an analytics team as any in the NFL, with Omar Khan, Samir Suleiman and Karim Kassam all invested in that area.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/25/robert-kraft-prostitution-charges-sex-trafficking-patriots-nfl-combine-dwayne-haskins-kyler-murray

Given the refusal of the Steelers to provide support for such basic functions as helping Tomlin on replay reviews my assumption was the Steelers were too old school to have a top analytics group

steelreserve
02-25-2019, 09:34 AM

Perhaps this is a message that the Steelers themselves would be wise to pay attention to, assholes. If other teams are willing to take the risk of dealing with drama, that should tell us something.

Almost like a catch-22 in reverse: The better the offers we get, the bigger the sign that we're making a mistake.

There is still no reason we are under any obligation to trade Mr. Big Chest, or eat $21 million for the privilege.

AtlantaDan
02-25-2019, 09:47 AM
Perhaps this is a message that the Steelers themselves would be wise to pay attention to, assholes. If other teams are willing to take the risk of dealing with drama, that should tell us something.

Almost like a catch-22 in reverse: The better the offers we get, the bigger the sign that we're making a mistake.

Or that there always is someone in the NFL willing to overpay

Mojouw
02-25-2019, 10:08 AM
Love how Peter King gets to just change his reports and statements on an almost weekly basis with no need to reference the previous item his new "nugget" invalidates. I thought no one was interested and hey would would be lucky to get a 4th round pick? Now it is at least a half-dozen...whatever.

The impact of Antonio Brown suiting up and taking the field for an offense seems to be continually understated. Your #2 and #3 WRs jobs automatically get 2-3 times easier as coverages rotate to AB. Your QB can basically hit AB on the sideline against anything short of triple coverage whenever he wants. If your QB has any ability to run a scramble drill -- forget about it. AB freelancing with a QB on the move -- basically an automatic completion, no DB can stay with him.

Personally, if I ran a team, as long as he continued to catch 100+ and score 8-16 TD's a year, I would let the dude livestream from the damn sidelines and rent whatever the hell he wants during training camp. But that's just me.

If I owned an NFL team and my GM was not actively putting together a moderately competitive trade offer for AB, I would be searching for a new GM. This is like when everyone wrung their hands and over-thought trading for Khalil Mack. Then the Bears did it and he transformed their already good defense into a wrecking crew.

Rotorhead
02-25-2019, 10:16 AM

There is still no reason we are under any obligation to trade Mr. Big Chest, or eat $21 million for the privilege.

Look, we all know AB is the best in the biz right now, but he is also getting more and more unruly here because he thinks he is bigger than the team. There are many reasons to trade him and one to keep him. However the best reason to trade him is simply we can get better as a team if we get top value for him. Replacing the talent of Shazier with White fixes the biggest issue with our team right now. Getting another 1st rounder gives us the ability to fix the CB position also, and address WR or TE in the second round. We traded up to get Troy, and that set our defense for a decade and got us 2 SB’s in the process. I am not saying White is the next Troy, but we were heading in the right direction with Shazier until he was injured and our entire def plan was set back. I think we can get at least 1 more ring with Ben, maybe 2 if we can get our defense back on track. Trading AB gives us that chance.

Rotorhead
02-25-2019, 10:19 AM
I still think we should have cut ties with Bell and did everything in our power to get Mack. I honestly believe we could have had the #1 seed just by adding him, and have no issues thinking we would have went to the SB. Imagine Mack instead of Dupree wrecking it from the OLB position!

Born2Steel
02-25-2019, 11:40 AM
This team scored 17pts against the pitifully depleted Bengals defense. Yes we still need a sideline to sideline ILB. YES we still need a RCB. But we also better address the offense and the void in production being left by AB leaving. I don’t see another 1500 yards on this team. We are already sacking QBs. What we need are guys that can defend passes. We need guys that can cover cut back lanes. And we need play makers on offense.

NCSteeler
02-25-2019, 11:54 AM
Peter King lists Carolina, Washington, Tampa Bay, the Jets and Oakland as his likely suspects for a trade this morning

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/25/nfl-combine-preview-robert-kraft-nfl-fmia-peter-king/?cid=nbcsports

In discussing trade possibilities I was encouraged by this comment from Albert Breer in his MMQB column

I’d be stunned if the Steelers woke up one morning and decided to stand down on what they want in exchange for Antonio Brown. One reason why is that they have as sharp an analytics team as any in the NFL, with Omar Khan, Samir Suleiman and Karim Kassam all invested in that area.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/25/robert-kraft-prostitution-charges-sex-trafficking-patriots-nfl-combine-dwayne-haskins-kyler-murray

Given the refusal of the Steelers to provide support for such basic functions as helping Tomlin on replay reviews my assumption was the Steelers were too old school to have a top analytics groupI agree. Who would think they can't hire extra coaches but have a crack analysis team. Beside since when does analytics play into wether you give up on getting a high pick?

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2019, 01:24 PM
This team scored 17pts against the pitifully depleted Bengals defense. Yes we still need a sideline to sideline ILB. YES we still need a RCB. But we also better address the offense and the void in production being left by AB leaving. I don’t see another 1500 yards on this team. We are already sacking QBs. What we need are guys that can defend passes. We need guys that can cover cut back lanes. And we need play makers on offense.

Actually, the team scored 16 points. 1 passing TD and 3FG's. I would think that the pro bowl caliber QB and team leader should be able to generate more than 1 TD pass in his 45 passing attempts that game. In addition to the running of #30, there are good receiving threats in JuJu, Vance McDonald, Eli Rogers, Jesse James, Jaylen Samuels, Ryan Switzer, James Washington back in that Decmeber game. Should have been able to do more against such a depleted defense as you say.

ILB and CB are 2 glaring holes on the Steelers team. Sure, another WR is needed, but with 1 pro bowl WR under contract already, do the Steelers just need to find another solid option in round 2 or 3 that the HOF QB can pass to. I think that is most prudent.

Born2Steel
02-25-2019, 01:52 PM
Actually, the team scored 16 points. 1 passing TD and 3FG's. I would think that the pro bowl caliber QB and team leader should be able to generate more than 1 TD pass in his 45 passing attempts that game. In addition to the running of #30, there are good receiving threats in JuJu, Vance McDonald, Eli Rogers, Jesse James, Jaylen Samuels, Ryan Switzer, James Washington back in that Decmeber game. Should have been able to do more against such a depleted defense as you say.

ILB and CB are 2 glaring holes on the Steelers team. Sure, another WR is needed, but with 1 pro bowl WR under contract already, do the Steelers just need to find another solid option in round 2 or 3 that the HOF QB can pass to. I think that is most prudent.

I think that is a solid plan in round 2or3. I also think it depends on the board and who is available that will have the biggest impact, not necessarily the biggest need. The first 2 rounds are where you get Watt and JuJu. When Decastro fell it was an obvious choice. If Metcalf or Hockenson fall I think I could be very happy with either in the 1st also. There are good players out there that a trade like AB could garner. I truly want a RCB out of this trade.

86WARD
02-26-2019, 06:13 AM
So Peter King reports the Bucs are interested? Lol...really? They pay Mike Evans a boat load already, Arians called AB a diva, I believe AB took shots back at Arians? And not to mention, what QB do they have back there? Winston? Lol.

teegre
02-26-2019, 06:34 AM
Given the refusal of the Steelers to provide support for such basic functions as helping Tomlin on replay reviews my assumption was the Steelers were too old school to have a top analytics group

I agree. Who would think they can't hire extra coaches but have a crack analysis team.

But, they do indeed have a very good analytics team. :noidea:

AtlantaDan
02-26-2019, 08:33 AM
But, they do indeed have a very good analytics team. :noidea:

According to the SI writer - not certain how you measure that. Maybe the analytics team picks the WRs and Tomlin/Colbert pick the DBs.

If that writer actually knows what it takes to have a good analytics team my guess is he would be making more in some NFL front office by cashing in like former NFL Network's Mike Mayock did rather than posting for a sports website.

- - - Updated - - -

John Clayton pitches his candidates to trade for AB.

You have to figure the Steelers are asking for a first-round draft pick, with the idea of taking a second-rounder as a fallback. But some front-office executives around the league think that some teams won’t offer Pittsburgh anything better than a fourth-rounder....

San Francisco 49ers, for a third-round pick...

Green Bay Packers, for a second-round pick

Oakland Raiders, for a third-round pick

Denver Broncos, for a third-round pick and a swap of sixth rounders

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/26/which-teams-could-trade-antonio-brown-here-are-deals-that-make-sense/?utm_term=.f778eb9add1e

Dwinsgames
02-26-2019, 09:55 AM
According to the SI writer - not certain how you measure that. Maybe the analytics team picks the WRs and Tomlin/Colbert pick the DBs.

If that writer actually knows what it takes to have a good analytics team my guess is he would be making more in some NFL front office by cashing in like former NFL Network's Mike Mayock did rather than posting for a sports website.

- - - Updated - - -

John Clayton pitches his candidates to trade for AB.

You have to figure the Steelers are asking for a first-round draft pick, with the idea of taking a second-rounder as a fallback. But some front-office executives around the league think that some teams won’t offer Pittsburgh anything better than a fourth-rounder....

San Francisco 49ers, for a third-round pick...

Green Bay Packers, for a second-round pick

Oakland Raiders, for a third-round pick

Denver Broncos, for a third-round pick and a swap of sixth rounders

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/26/which-teams-could-trade-antonio-brown-here-are-deals-that-make-sense/?utm_term=.f778eb9add1e

John Clayton smokes the good stuff apparently .... for those kind of returns he rots on my bench if I am the man in charge ( damn would be a great gig wouldn't it ? )

86WARD
02-26-2019, 09:56 AM
I wouldn’t accept any of those deals that Clayton proposed. Basically, Brown is worth what Bryant was worth? Less than a struggling Amari Cooper?

No thanks unless that’s compensation in addition to a first round pick.

Born2Steel
02-26-2019, 10:02 AM
Just another thought. AB’s under a 3 year contract that is VERY team friendly in years 2&3. He may be worth much more if we wait to trade him in 2020. Pay him a bonus for this season to appease him and let him play this year. Trade him for more next year.

steelreserve
02-26-2019, 10:44 AM
Just another thought. AB’s under a 3 year contract that is VERY team friendly in years 2&3. He may be worth much more if we wait to trade him in 2020. Pay him a bonus for this season to appease him and let him play this year. Trade him for more next year.

The contract is extremely team-friendly now, to anyone but us, since they don't eat all the bonus money.

He has $15 million already sitting there if he wants to grace us with his presence, in addition to the advance he's already gotten. He doesn't want it, he can EABOD. I don't see what adding more money does to even move the needle on his part, unless it's some absurd amount thst we can't afford. Either he's willing to play or he isn't.

Trades work out much better for us anyway next season due to the dead money. If all we're truly being offered is mid-round junk, then fuck that. We're not losing any value by refusing that bullshit and waiting a year, and we're improving our cap situation a lot.

86WARD
02-26-2019, 11:12 AM
There’s also no reason they can’t wait until the NFL Trade Deadline to trade him to a contender...if they are on their way out...

Born2Steel
02-26-2019, 11:15 AM
The contract is extremely team-friendly now, to anyone but us, since they don't eat all the bonus money.

He has $15 million already sitting there if he wants to grace us with his presence, in addition to the advance he's already gotten. He doesn't want it, he can EABOD. I don't see what adding more money does to even move the needle on his part, unless it's some absurd amount thst we can't afford. Either he's willing to play or he isn't.

Trades work out much better for us anyway next season due to the dead money. If all we're truly being offered is mid-round junk, then fuck that. We're not losing any value by refusing that bullshit and waiting a year, and we're improving our cap situation a lot.

I do want to trade him at this point. I just want the most return we can get for him. I’m all for paying him off this season to be done, whichever works out best. I am of the opinion that as good as he is, there is no AB as we know today without Ben and the way he was able to develope with Mann and the Steelers. I would hate to watch all that effort go for nothing in the end. AB is not our next step to a championship but his value can be.

NCSteeler
02-26-2019, 11:41 AM
ABs value will not get higher as he ages and shows himself for what he is.
But I wouldn't take a bargain basement deal. I'd force him to play or sit before I'd take less than a first or top 5 second and 3rd

Born2Steel
02-26-2019, 11:44 AM
I’m good with a 2nd and a 3rd. I prefer a 1st. Player and a pick depends on who and where.

steelreserve
02-26-2019, 02:03 PM
I do want to trade him at this point. I just want the most return we can get for him. I’m all for paying him off this season to be done, whichever works out best. I am of the opinion that as good as he is, there is no AB as we know today without Ben and the way he was able to develope with Mann and the Steelers. I would hate to watch all that effort go for nothing in the end. AB is not our next step to a championship but his value can be.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I just think a trade right now is not in our best interests unless it is really too good to refuse, like player + R1 pick, or two R1 picks. Otherwise the calculation is roughly:

2019 with Brown: 5% chance at championship

2019 with no Brown, $21M dead money: 0% chance at championship

While I do not think we're in great shape, or "a couple pieces away" anymore at this point, a slim chance is better than none, and a third-round draft pick or something doesn't really change anything.

hawaiiansteeler
02-26-2019, 03:43 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers:

2/18: The Steelers are keeping an eye on the Raiders as a potential trade target for Antonio Brown. - Albert Breer, NFL Network

Oakland makes a ton of sense. The team is desperate for a receiver, and Jon Gruden prefers veterans at the position. Also, the Raiders have three first-round picks, so they could trade their final first-round choice for Brown, assuming they're interested in the disgruntled veteran.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/teamdraft/17-32#Wo2X4TzCcSpkLjQp.99

Born2Steel
02-26-2019, 04:17 PM
If today’s AB were in this year’s draft, he would be predicted to go 1st round. If the Raiders can get him for a late 1st and still have 2 more 1st rd picks to play around with, it makes total sense. Depends on if they want to pay him or not really.

teegre
02-27-2019, 06:43 AM

So, the only people who know anything about the NFL are analysts who become GMs. That would exclude... hmmm... everyone except for Mike Mayock.

Speaking of whom, Tomlin was chatting him up at the Senior Bowl. Maybe, as you suggested, Mayock will draft a DB and immediately trade him to Tomlin (in exchange for a WR).

Hound
02-27-2019, 07:30 AM
I would take the Raiders last pick in the first round and try to sweeten the pot by asking for Connely.

Rotorhead
02-27-2019, 10:37 AM
While I do not think we're in great shape, or "a couple pieces away" anymore at this point, a slim chance is better than none, and a third-round draft pick or something doesn't really change anything.

I disagree, if we were in the SB we could have won just as almost any team that made the playoffs. There were no dominant teams this year and I really don’t see any for next year. KC and the Rams were the closest to being dominant and they both fell off towards the end of the year. After that it was NO, who came on strong (and should have been in the SB, and most likely would have beat the Pats) at the end. Hell, if we didn’t tie the Browns or weren’t cheated out of the Chargers win we would have been in the playoffs with a good possibility for a solid run.
Nothing I see right now changes any of that for next year except maybe KC has more experience.

As for a Raiders trade, I said last week The Raiders are the top option for a trade, 3 #1’s and a need for a top WR, they have the capital to give and the cap space to pay. Best of all, 2 #1’s gives us the capital to bundle our 1 and 2 to move up to Devin White pick area, and our biggest need is filled by a top player with us still having a low #1 to get a CB.

Mojouw
02-27-2019, 10:44 AM
Maybe the Colts trade their #1 this year and a #2 next year for AB. Then sign Bell. Their quartet of Hilton-AB-Bell-Luck protected by Nelson rips through the league and puts up Tecmo Bowl offensive numbers. A defensive resurgence led by Leonard and Pierre Desir (of all people!) continues and the defense does just enough to stop people. They win the SB going away.

Steelers fans still claim Luck is not that good and AB and Bell are over-rated.

86WARD
02-27-2019, 11:40 AM
Maybe the Colts trade their #1 this year and a #2 next year for AB. Then sign Bell. Their quartet of Hilton-AB-Bell-Luck protected by Nelson rips through the league and puts up Tecmo Bowl offensive numbers. A defensive resurgence led by Leonard and Pierre Desir (of all people!) continues and the defense does just enough to stop people. They win the SB going away.

Lol. Stranger has happened!

86WARD
02-27-2019, 12:43 PM
Colbert says no team has been eliminated in AB trade talks. He will listen to all offers.

Fire Goodell
02-27-2019, 01:33 PM

They got the money to pull it off. But if they don't win the super bowl in 3 years they're basically screwed.

AtlantaDan
02-27-2019, 01:39 PM
So, the only people who know anything about the NFL are analysts who become GMs. That would exclude... hmmm... everyone except for Mike Mayock.

Speaking of whom, Tomlin was chatting him up at the Senior Bowl. Maybe, as you suggested, Mayock will draft a DB and immediately trade him to Tomlin (in exchange for a WR).

Those who can do - those who wish they could write or talk about it for a living.

With the exception of politics, where the pay is capped at pretty low levels for elected officials, the most qualified folks who work at the higher levels of an occupation (medicine, law, banking, the NFL) make more than all but a few of the print writers who cover them do. That certainly goes for those who cover professional sports who have not broken through to talking head on TV status.

You can have some knowledge of a field but the folks who actually work in the field for a living know it better and are paid accordingly. That is why sportswriters telling the Steelers or any other team what they should do is usually laughable when it is not simply irritating.

Any sportswriter can throw out an opinion someone is good or bad at their job - without explaining the basis for the opinion it often is just seeking to ingratiate yourself or settle a score with someone.

Mojouw
02-27-2019, 01:39 PM
They got the money to pull it off. But if they don't win the super bowl in 3 years they're basically screwed.

That's a pretty solid read on the situation. I strongly believe that there are an increasingly small # of teams that have any concern with opening a long and consistent SB window. Most teams are moving towards 2-5 year boom and bust cycles.

Then they will change the CBA and after a year or two, some clever GM will come up with a new way to collect, retain, and pay for talent up and down the roster.

Mojouw
02-27-2019, 01:45 PM
Those who can do - those who wish they could write or talk about it for a living.

With the exception of politics, where the pay is capped at pretty low levels for elected officials, the most qualified folks who work at the higher levels of an occupation (medicine, law, banking, the NFL) make more than all but a few of the print writers who cover them do. That certainly goes for those who cover professional sports who have not broken through to talking head on TV status.

You can have some knowledge of a field but the folks who actually work in the field for a living know it better and are paid accordingly. That is why sportswriters telling the Steelers or any other team what they should do is usually laughable when it is not simply irritating.

Anyone writer can throw out an opinion someone is good or bad at their job - without explaining the basis for the opinion it often is just seeking to ingratiate yourself or settle a score with someone.

Related to that is the seeming unwillingness of sports reporters to realize they are being manipulated for the ulterior motives of GMs.

In the specific case of the AB trade, any anonymous general manger releasing a quote or comment that AB is only worth [insert mid to low round pick here] to a reporter, who then sprints to Twitter to breathlessly report their "breaking news" - is using that reporter to drive down the price for AB. They are not giving an "honest" evaluation. They are attempting to manipulate the market so that they can potentially obtain a star player at a bargain bin rate. At the same time Colbert is banging the drum that he won't trade AB except for the "right offer" - really? Anyone think this guy can show up for work in Pittsburgh again?

But these knuckleheads (Bouchette, I'm looking at you!) just keep riding the lies without questioning the motive. How they manage to do what they do for years (decades!) and not became self-aware enough to realize that everything is about advancing an agenda is simply too staggering to believe. I suspect that these reporters are well aware that they are being fed a line of crap, but do the bidding of their sources so that they continue to have sources.

Hound
02-27-2019, 05:34 PM
The Jets are also expected to be players in the trade talks for Steelers WR Antonio Brown (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/search/search.fcgi?pid=BrowAn04,BrowAn01&search=Antonio+Brown&utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-), per to Cimini. New York’s first-round pick is too high and the team doesn’t have a second round pick, but Cimini believes the Jets could dangle WR Robby Anderson (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeRo04.htm?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-) and their two third-round picks in a trade offer
If I’m Colbert, I would definitely consider this trade

Rotorhead
02-27-2019, 06:25 PM
Do the Jets have a top level CB? Cause why would we trade the top WR for a lesser WR and 2 3rds. I am for fixing one of our 2 biggest holes with a trade (CB or ILB) or getting a 1st to fix it.

Hound
02-27-2019, 06:34 PM
They have Trumaine Johnson who they signed last year too a huge contract. I actually would rather have Robbie Anderson. Cheaper, younger and would fill a need if AB is traded. Cimini is all over the place, not so sure how reliable his analysis is.

Dwinsgames
02-27-2019, 08:20 PM
They have Trumaine Johnson who they signed last year too a huge contract. I actually would rather have Robbie Anderson. Cheaper, younger and would fill a need if AB is traded. Cimini is all over the place, not so sure how reliable his analysis is.

hard pass on Anderson and a pair of 3rds , not interested in the kid at all and doubt the steelers will be either ... he has a rap sheet ( multiple run ins with the law )

On May 8, 2017, Anderson was arrested in Miami, Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami,_Florida) for resisting with violence. Anderson had an altercation with security at a Miami music festival, and was told to leave. Anderson is scheduled to appear in court on March 19, 2018 related to the May 2017 incident.[39] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robby_Anderson#cite_note-39)
On January 19, 2018, Anderson was arrested at 2:15 A.M. in Sunrise, Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunrise,_Florida). Nine charges have been filed against Anderson, according to police records: resisting an officer/obstruction without violence; felony harm to a public servant or family; felony fleeing/eluding while lights/siren active; reckless driving; failure to drive in a single lane; two counts of disobeying/avoiding a red light; speeding; and turning without a signal.[40] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robby_Anderson#cite_note-40) On April 3, 2018, the felony charges were dismissed.[41] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robby_Anderson#cite_note-41)[42] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robby_Anderson#cite_note-42) On June 20, 2018, Anderson pleaded no contest to five charges for traffic violations and received six months probation.[ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robby_Anderson#cite_note-43)

NCSteeler
02-28-2019, 03:24 AM
Justin Houston for AB?

teegre
02-28-2019, 06:48 AM

Any sportswriter can throw out an opinion someone is good or bad at their job - without explaining the basis for the opinion it often is just seeking to ingratiate yourself or settle a score with someone.

True

Which is why a sportswriter (paid) is more credible than someone on a message board. The hierarchy would look something like this:

sportswriter > message boarder

Or, more to your point:

NFL GM > sportswriter > message boarder

Tiering it down even farther, I’d say that an established GM (one who has been through 18 drafts, been to three Super Bowls, won two Lombardis) would be above a GM who just got hired (never been through an actual draft). Ergo:

Colbert > Mayock > sportswriter > m.boarder

Hound
02-28-2019, 07:00 AM
Robbie Anderson is definitely not a model citizen, but he does have value and two third round picks sound pretty good. Cimini seems to throw a lot of stuff out there with most of it never coming to fruition. I would prefer to hear the Raiders are offering one of their firsts and Gareon Conley.

teegre
02-28-2019, 07:06 AM
Justin Houston for AB?

The rumor is that the Chiefs are hoping for a R3 pick for Houston. If that truly is how they view his “value”, then that is not enough.

I’d take Houston and their R1 pick.

The downside: Houston is 30. He might be hitting the wall. That said, even if he’s slipping, he’d still be better than any OLB (except for Watt) that we’ve had in several years. And, if Houston gives us two good seasons, he & Ben can retire together (as Super Bowl champions).

86WARD
02-28-2019, 07:36 AM
Jets aren’t going to draft anything better than AB with their first round pick...and will get one, maybe two more years out of that pick before the player moves on to another team. They’d be wise to give up that pick on one hand. On the other hand, they’d be stupid to trade anything for AB. Darnold isn’t a mature enough QB to handle the prescience of AB on that team.

AtlantaDan
02-28-2019, 08:57 AM
True

Which is why a sportswriter (paid) is more credible than someone on a message board. The hierarchy would look something like this:

sportswriter > message boarder

Or, more to your point:

NFL GM > sportswriter > message boarder

Tiering it down even farther, I’d say that an established GM (one who has been through 18 drafts, been to three Super Bowls, won two Lombardis) would be above a GM who just got hired (never been through an actual draft). Ergo:

Colbert > Mayock > sportswriter > m.boarder

:drink:

Agreed - with traditional print based media being in a death spiral for all but a few publications, with a consequent decline in the quality of those who would choose to enter sports writing as their occupation, the expertise gap between those who work in the NFL and sportswriters probably is going to increase while the gap between sportswriters and better message board posters is going to narrow.

In terms of Xs and Os I often learn more from some of the posters here than I do from the Post-Gazette (where Bouchette and Dulac often leave me with the impression they have that smartphone app that provides the days and hours until someone is due to retire) and Trib-Review

The obvious advantage writers who cover the team have, in addition to it being a full time job, is access to the team and practices. But that is becoming more limited as both organizations and players seek greater control over media access.

A young sportswriter who gave up covering Duke basketball for the Raleigh News & Observer (equivalent to the Post-Gazette in terms of being the major newspaper in its market) to go to law school provided a good overview of the challenges writers face in trying to earn a decent living and being more than a stenographer for what teams want the writer to report

“I think every traditional media outlet needs to kind of sit down and look themselves in the eye and say ‘what are we doing here?’ and ‘how can we best serve our readers?’ because more and more schools are going to try to keep stuff for themselves, so how do we do what we want to do given the changing landscape?”

https://raleighco.com/media-circus/keeley-explains-why-shes-leaving-nos-duke-beat-for-law-school/

AtlantaDan
02-28-2019, 09:16 AM
AB circles back to make certain all bridges are burned and a trade goes through in this interview with ESPN

Colbert told reporters last week that Roethlisberger "has 52 kids under him, quite honestly," while explaining his desire for players to look toward Roethlisberger for advice and wisdom.

"He pretty much just explained what I already had told everyone [on social media]," Brown said. "He just confirmed it. He confirmed everything I said."...

"Of course he tried to clarify because, you know, he stated the truth and he's going to backpedal on his words," Brown told ESPN. "But what grown man is calling another grown man a kid? 'Fifty-two kids.' Like, you don't have no respect for these guys? Like, these are the guys that go to work for you. And that's what I'm telling you guys ... that's my issue. You know what I'm saying? It's all about respect.

"... Things [are] not getting better. They're not changing. You know what I mean? He just stated it. There's 52 kids and it's this guy [Roethlisberger]. Bro, it's one team. ... So that's what it is, man. Just understanding truths."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26101881/brown-not-angry-steelers-wants-trade

hawaiiansteeler
02-28-2019, 03:42 PM
Antonio Brown complains about “distraction” narrative

Posted by Mike Florio on February 28, 2019

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown wants out of Pittsburgh. His effort to get out of Pittsburgh has created a distraction. But he disputes the notion that he is a distraction.

“That’s the narrative they’re trying to create once you’re doing your own thing,” Brown says in next episode of The Shop on HBO. “It’s like, ‘This guy’s a distraction. He’s this type of guy.’ All I’ve ever been was a guy who came from Central Michigan, sixth round, who worked his ass off . . . . Three contracts later, I’m milking the game.”

He did come from Central Michigan. And Brown did indeed work his ass off. But he also has reportedly taken liberties with punctuality and otherwise didn’t follow every rule and eventually walked out on the team so of course he has created distractions.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/28/antonio-brown-complains-about-distraction-narrative/

pczach
02-28-2019, 04:03 PM
AB circles back to make certain all bridges are burned and a trade goes through in this interview with ESPN

Colbert told reporters last week that Roethlisberger "has 52 kids under him, quite honestly," while explaining his desire for players to look toward Roethlisberger for advice and wisdom.

"He pretty much just explained what I already had told everyone [on social media]," Brown said. "He just confirmed it. He confirmed everything I said."...

"Of course he tried to clarify because, you know, he stated the truth and he's going to backpedal on his words," Brown told ESPN. "But what grown man is calling another grown man a kid? 'Fifty-two kids.' Like, you don't have no respect for these guys? Like, these are the guys that go to work for you. And that's what I'm telling you guys ... that's my issue. You know what I'm saying? It's all about respect.

"... Things [are] not getting better. They're not changing. You know what I mean? He just stated it. There's 52 kids and it's this guy [Roethlisberger]. Bro, it's one team. ... So that's what it is, man. Just understanding truths."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26101881/brown-not-angry-steelers-wants-trade

Was it "one team" when AB was staying in his own place and the rest of the team was somewhere else? Was it "one team" when he would belittle players or coaches?

….Oh AB...……..How do people not burst out laughing in his face when he answers questions? :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
02-28-2019, 04:16 PM
Was it "one team" when AB was staying in his own place and the rest of the team was somewhere else? Was it "one team" when he would belittle players or coaches?

….Oh AB...……..How do people not burst out laughing in his face when he answers questions? :chuckle:

I refuse to listen to him speak ... he makes my brain hurt his speech is so dysfunctional

hawaiiansteeler
02-28-2019, 04:22 PM
I refuse to listen to him speak ... he makes my brain hurt his speech is so dysfunctional

It's like people following the wrong foot steps, so I try to be a leader, try to make a change the best way I can.
– Antonio Brown

https://www.quotes.net/authors/Antonio+Brown

AtlantaDan
02-28-2019, 05:03 PM

Taking the glass half full approach at least he did not appear to be baked to the extent he was during the Super Bowl week interviews :chuckle:

The short video clip with the linked article is an excerpt from the full interview of AB that ESPN will run this weekend

Since ESPN is making nice with the NFL these days wonder if they will bring up all the crap AB has pulled on and off the field

Shoes
02-28-2019, 05:04 PM
It's like people following the wrong foot steps, so I try to be a leader, try to make a change the best way I can.
– Antonio Brown

https://www.quotes.net/authors/Antonio+Brown.

Well at least he learned something from Ben by telling everyone he's a leader. :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
02-28-2019, 05:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtNxOEo7R3I

pczach
02-28-2019, 05:38 PM

It's almost like he's speaking a different language. :chuckle:

Taking the glass half full approach at least he did not appear to be baked to the extent he was during the Super Bowl week interviews :chuckle:

The short video clip with the linked article is an excerpt from the full interview of AB that ESPN will run this weekend

Since ESPN is making nice with the NFL these days wonder if they will bring up all the crap AB has pulled on and off the field

Thank you for finding the ray of sunshine! :rofl2:

AtlantaDan
03-01-2019, 08:19 AM
The AB media tour continues this weekend with a visit to the LeBron James show The Shop on HBO

Further development of the talking point raised by Bell's agent that players are engaged in a legacy of struggle when they are slapped down when trying to "do their own thing." AB's agent Rosenhaus can get him in these sorts of settings where someone lobs softballs to him but the question is whether AB has the skill set to appear coherent for more than 30 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BMKNVzmY_Q

In a conversation with LeBron James and Anthony Davis on HBO’s “The Shop,” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BMKNVzmY_Q&feature=youtu.be) Brown wasn’t letting up, saying he was being unfairly labeled as a distraction. “That’s the narrative they try to create,” he said. “Once you’re doing your own thing, it’s like, ‘This guy’s a distraction, he’s this type of guy.’ All I’ve ever been is a guy who came from Central Michigan, sixth round, who worked his a-- off.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/28/antonio-brown-doesnt-dance-around-his-issues-with-steelers-its-all-about-respect/?utm_term=.7f6beb632b74

(https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/28/antonio-brown-doesnt-dance-around-his-issues-with-steelers-its-all-about-respect/?utm_term=.7f6beb632b74)

Dwinsgames
03-01-2019, 08:29 AM
how dare Lebron call anyone out on a changing narrative ....

the dude goes full blown turn in your guns blah blah blah ...

YET several vidios of him on youtube at the range with full auto machine guns ...

he is nothing but a joke ass bitch

Hound
03-01-2019, 02:41 PM
Things are starting to heat up a bit with interest in Antonio Brown (https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/players/1272852/antonio-brown/). My man Pete Prisco – misguided soul that he is – keeps debating me on CBS HQ that Pittsburgh won't get more than a third-round pick for him. He is going to be wrong. Again

Hound
03-01-2019, 02:50 PM
Above is from Jason La Canfora

86WARD
03-01-2019, 03:00 PM
There’s a report out there as well that teams (49ers) are distancing themselves from AB...lol

hawaiiansteeler
03-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Saints and Raiders apparently among the Antonio Brown suitors

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 1, 2019

Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert said the market for wantaway wide receiver Antonio Brown was beginning to pick up.

Having all 32 teams together at the Scouting Combine has at least caused the talk about him to ramp up.

According to Mike Silver of the NFL Network, the Saints appear to have some interest in acquiring Brown, and Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network added that the Raiders and other teams did as well.

The idea of Brown in New Orleans is intriguing, as pairing him with Michael Thomas would give Drew Brees the kind of targets to make one last run at a Super Bowl a distinct possibility.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/01/saints-and-raiders-apparently-among-the-antonio-brown-suitors/

86WARD
03-01-2019, 03:24 PM
Brees Kamara AB and Thomas? That’s potent!

Rotorhead
03-01-2019, 04:43 PM
The Saints should have won this year!

NCSteeler
03-01-2019, 05:31 PM
The AB media tour continues this weekend with a visit to the LeBron James show The Shop on HBO

Further development of the talking point raised by Bell's agent that players are engaged in a legacy of struggle when they are slapped down when trying to "do their own thing." AB's agent Rosenhaus can get him in these sorts of settings where someone lobs softballs to him but the question is whether AB has the skill set to appear coherent for more than 30 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BMKNVzmY_Q

In a conversation with LeBron James and Anthony Davis on HBO’s “The Shop,” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BMKNVzmY_Q&feature=youtu.be) Brown wasn’t letting up, saying he was being unfairly labeled as a distraction. “That’s the narrative they try to create,” he said. “Once you’re doing your own thing, it’s like, ‘This guy’s a distraction, he’s this type of guy.’ All I’ve ever been is a guy who came from Central Michigan, sixth round, who worked his a-- off.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/28/antonio-brown-doesnt-dance-around-his-issues-with-steelers-its-all-about-respect/?utm_term=.7f6beb632b74

(https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/28/antonio-brown-doesnt-dance-around-his-issues-with-steelers-its-all-about-respect/?utm_term=.7f6beb632b74)
Shouldn't LeBron be more worried about his team missing the playoffs then doing sit downs with AB

AtlantaDan
03-01-2019, 07:08 PM
Shouldn't LeBron be more worried about his team missing the playoffs then doing sit downs with AB

Because we all know these guys have no time to do anything other than play the games, practice and sleep during the season

Next thing you know LeBron will be doing radio appearances on Tuesday morning calling out his teammates after making a turnover at the end of a game the Lakers lost :rolleyes:

NCSteeler
03-01-2019, 07:09 PM
Because we all know these guys do nothing than games but practice and sleep during the season

Next thing you know LeBron will be doing radio appearances on Tuesday morning calling out his teammates after making a turnover at the end of a game the Lakers lostFact.

DesertSteel
03-01-2019, 07:39 PM
Because we all know these guys have no time to do anything other than play the games, practice and sleep during the season

Next thing you know LeBron will be doing radio appearances on Tuesday morning calling out his teammates after making a turnover at the end of a game the Lakers lost :rolleyes:
Isn't that what Lebron is already doing?

AtlantaDan
03-01-2019, 07:59 PM
Isn't that what Lebron is already doing?

Calling out teammates and pissing off others who want to leave him (see, e.g. Kyrie Irving) is part but not all of what LeBron does.

LeBron has taken control of his career since he took his talents to Miami, won some championships there, said my work is done here and I am going back to Cleveland, won a championship there, and after checking that box decided it was time to go to LA.

Star NBA players have control over where they play, who they have as teammates (hard to conceive of a NFL equivalent of Durant going to the Warriors) and maxing out their guaranteed salaries that NFL and MLB players dream of having.

LeBron has led the charge on that.

Can LeBron James Teach Baseball Players What They Forgot?

The N.B.A., players in many sports will tell you, stands as the zeitgeist prototype, the most free-spirited of the leagues and with the youngest fan base — the average age of an N.B.A. viewer is 37, compared with 55 in baseball. Its stars have become hybrids: players, power brokers and globe-spanning businessmen. So James, who signed with the Los Angeles Lakers with an eye toward building an entertainment empire, spent much of February trying to force the New Orleans Pelicans to trade its star center, Anthony Davis, to the Lakers.

James’s heist failed amid complaints he had stepped out of his player’s lane and tampered with another team’s star. Suffice to say James did not appear chastened and Davis could try to force a trade this summer. James has a television show, “The Shop,” on HBO, and guess who was one of his scheduled guests on the Season 2 premiere on Friday night?

Yes, the same A. Davis.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/01/sports/baseball/free-agents.html

Some call themselves a leader - others are

(https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/01/sports/baseball/free-agents.html)

Shoes
03-01-2019, 08:20 PM
Saints and Raiders apparently among the Antonio Brown suitors

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 1, 2019

Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert said the market for wantaway wide receiver Antonio Brown was beginning to pick up.

Having all 32 teams together at the Scouting Combine has at least caused the talk about him to ramp up.

According to Mike Silver of the NFL Network, the Saints appear to have some interest in acquiring Brown, and Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network added that the Raiders and other teams did as well.

The idea of Brown in New Orleans is intriguing, as pairing him with Michael Thomas would give Drew Brees the kind of targets to make one last run at a Super Bowl a distinct possibility.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/01/saints-and-raiders-apparently-among-the-antonio-brown-suitors/

The Saints don't have a R1 pick or a R3 or R4. Next.

Hound
03-01-2019, 09:56 PM
I’m with Shoes, unless the deal is this years second and next years first.

Dwinsgames
03-01-2019, 10:01 PM
The Saints don't have a R1 pick or a R3 or R4. Next.

but they have Marshon Lattimore (https://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/players-roster/marshon-lattimore/)

Shoes
03-01-2019, 11:08 PM
but they have Marshon Lattimore (https://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/players-roster/marshon-lattimore/)

I think it would be easier for the Saints to give up a R1 (if they had one) than part with Lattimore.

03-01-2019, 11:09 PM
I’m with Shoes, unless the deal is this years second and next years first.Still Pass! their 2nd this year is close to a 3rd! Their 1st next year will probably be close to a 2nd. I wouldn't even waste time with them unless a good player is involved on their end!

Shoes
03-01-2019, 11:20 PM
I can see Gruden easily giving a R1 for AB. They need a WR bad, so they would get the best WR in the NFL plus still have two more R1's and two other picks all within the top 66.

Shoes
03-02-2019, 12:28 AM
Sources: Raiders among 3 most interested in AB

The three teams that have shown the most interest in wide receiver Antonio Brown (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/13934/antonio-brown) to date are the Oakland Raiders (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/oak/oakland-raiders), Washington Redskins (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/wsh/washington-redskins) and Tennessee Titans (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/ten/tennessee-titans), league sources told ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26115532/raiders-3-most-interested-ab

86WARD
03-02-2019, 07:49 AM
I'd actually love to see him go to the Redskins and see the Redskins sign Foles. Would give the Eagles a run for their money especially with Guice coming back from injury as well.

steelreserve
03-02-2019, 08:41 AM
Sources: Raiders among 3 most interested in AB

The three teams that have shown the most interest in wide receiver Antonio Brown (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/13934/antonio-brown) to date are the Oakland Raiders (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/oak/oakland-raiders), Washington Redskins (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/wsh/washington-redskins) and Tennessee Titans (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/ten/tennessee-titans), league sources told ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26115532/raiders-3-most-interested-ab

Well if the Raiders and Redskins are both interested, then CLEARLY we know the idea is just tops. Can we hear what the 2008 Lions think about it too?

Hound
03-02-2019, 09:09 AM
Redskins have the 15th pick in round one. That would be Ideal

86WARD
03-02-2019, 09:27 AM
Redskins have the 15th pick in round one. That would be Ideal

Deal. Here’s my 6th rounder along with AB...and here’s Artie Burns too.

Hello Shad? Here’s the 20th pick for Jalen Ramsey.

Dwinsgames
03-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Antonio Brown on playing on a new team: 'If they wanna play, they gonna play by my rules'
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/02/antonio-brown-on-playing-on-a-new-team-if-they-wanna-play-they-gonna-play-by-my-rules/

Shoes
03-02-2019, 10:13 AM
Antonio Brown on playing on a new team: 'If they wanna play, they gonna play by my rules'

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/02/antonio-brown-on-playing-on-a-new-team-if-they-wanna-play-they-gonna-play-by-my-rules/

This guy is a clear winner for the "2019 moron of the year". And it's only March 2

Dwinsgames
03-02-2019, 10:16 AM
any team that offers premium draft stock for this guy is the worlds biggest dumbass and that is saying something considering how high A.B. has set that bar

steelreserve
03-02-2019, 10:22 AM

"They gonna play by my rules," says the guy who has three years left on his contract and no control over which team he's traded to, if any.

Like, I thought this guy actually wanted a trade, right? I'm just a little bit confused because if I wanted to change jobs, I probably would not be doing everything possible to piss off other people who might want to hire me. After already taking a shit on the floor at my current job.

NCSteeler
03-02-2019, 10:33 AM
He's making it hard. I guess trying to fuck the Steelers in the process. Send him to a total loser team for what ever they will pay or bench him for three years. Asshole

steelreserve
03-02-2019, 10:49 AM
He's making it hard. I guess trying to fuck the Steelers in the process. Send him to a total loser team for what ever they will pay or bench him for three years. Asshole

And to think that like a year ago, people were talking about whether this guy was as good as Jerry Rice.

Born2Steel
03-02-2019, 01:07 PM
I think maybe AB is doing a little "back pedaling". Maybe he has seen some offer sheets and the grass is not actually greener somewhere else. Not saying he wants to be a Steeler but that he will stay if it means the better payday. How can he possibly think any team wants a guy that says, "If they wanna play, they gonna play by my rules"? Sounds more like he's trying to stay put to me. He's not going to get just cut from the roster, Steelers should not get raped on any trade deal, and AB actually holds zero leverage in these dealings. If he retires I think he lets the Steelers off the hook for any monies owed. That might be the best outcome of all.

AtlantaDan
03-02-2019, 01:12 PM
I think maybe AB is doing a little "back pedaling". Maybe he has seen some offer sheets and the grass is not actually greener somewhere else. Not saying he wants to be a Steeler but that he will stay if it means the better payday. How can he possibly think any team wants a guy that says, "If they wanna play, they gonna play by my rules"? Sounds more like he's trying to stay put to me.

He is not backpedaling in the interviews with ESPN and LeBron James that were released this weekend. Torching AJRII, Colbert, Tomlin and Ben.

Hound
03-02-2019, 01:15 PM
I hope this piece of shit slips into obscurity after he is gone. All this ass clown cares about is being the current topic of conversation. The Steelers have been nothing but generous to him. Giving extra money per year while he was still under contract. Good riddance to this clown, he doesn’t deserve the Steelers or Steelers Nation.

stillers4me
03-02-2019, 01:19 PM

DesertSteel
03-02-2019, 02:27 PM
A very telling quote from Fitz:

"I love AB. Mr. Big Chest is a good friend of mine, but I don't think he's going about it the right way, personally," Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said Saturday while speaking at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference. "To be able to play with an all-time quarterback like he's able to play with, I don't think he understands how good he has it. It can get tough out there."

86WARD
03-02-2019, 05:12 PM
Raiders are shopping Derek Carr. If the Steelers traded AB and Ben to the Raiders for Carr and a couple of first picks, I'd laugh my ass off...would never happen, but could you imagine AB then? LMAO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HldLkTST94

Shoes
03-02-2019, 05:24 PM
Raiders are shopping Derek Carr. If the Steelers traded AB and Ben to the Raiders for Carr and a couple of first picks, I'd laugh my ass off...would never happen, but could you imagine AB then? LMAO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HldLkTST94

:lol: Steeler Soap, Produced by AJRII, Directed by Kevin Colbert, Make-up by Mike Tomlin

teegre
03-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Yep.

Da Raidahs have been wanting to get rid of Carr for a while. A franchise QB is difficult to come by, and while Carr isn’t great, he’s better than any QB during the 25-year drought we suffered.