PDA

View Full Version : Revisit the 2017 Steelers Draft Picks

Born2Steel
02-14-2019, 11:50 AM
From rookies to heading into their 3rd season. How has the 2017 draft fared this far.

Rd1: TJ Watt OLB

Rd2: JuJu WR

Rd3a: Cam Sutton SLOT CB

Rd3b: James Conner RB

Rd4: Josh Dobbs QB

Rd5: Brian Allen BOUNDARY CB

Rd6: Colin Holba LS

Rd7: Keion Adams OLB

3 current starters, 1 solid backup, 1 unknown backup, 1PS CB, and 1 Total Washout.

I still LOVE those first 4 picks. And I still hold out some hope for Adams to become another solid backup.

Dwinsgames
02-14-2019, 12:12 PM
Rd1: TJ Watt OLB Stud

Rd2: JuJu WR Stud

Rd3a: Cam Sutton SLOT CB to soon to tell

Rd3b: James Conner RB Stud

Rd4: Josh Dobbs QB to soon to tell but arrow pointed up

Rd5: Brian Allen BOUNDARY CB unclear

Rd6: Colin Holba LS definitive dud

Rd7: Keion Adams OLB unclear

perhaps the best draft of the Colbert era ( and much needed )as he had been on a dry spell and many started calling for his head

DesertSteel
02-14-2019, 01:34 PM
Dobbs arrow up???

Dwinsgames
02-14-2019, 01:41 PM
Dobbs arrow up???

absolutely .. he showed a ton in preseason and believe he is only going to get better ....

does that mean future starter ? I wouldnt push it but good potential for solid backup

he made the progress from year 1 to year 2 that you hope for ....

DesertSteel
02-14-2019, 06:51 PM
absolutely .. he showed a ton in preseason and believe he is only going to get better ....

does that mean future starter ? I wouldnt push it but good potential for solid backup

he made the progress from year 1 to year 2 that you hope for ....
Meh... the Oakland game undid all the preseason work against 3rd stringers. Best I could give him would be:

<——>

Born2Steel
02-14-2019, 06:57 PM
Rd1: TJ Watt OLB Stud

Rd2: JuJu WR Stud

Rd3a: Cam Sutton SLOT CB to soon to tell

Rd3b: James Conner RB Stud

Rd4: Josh Dobbs QB to soon to tell but arrow pointed up

Rd5: Brian Allen BOUNDARY CB unclear

Rd6: Colin Holba LS definitive dud

Rd7: Keion Adams OLB unclear

perhaps the best draft of the Colbert era ( and much needed )as he had been on a dry spell and many started calling for his head

If Keion Adams starts playing well and becomes part of the OLB rotation this becomes one of the better drafts in Steelers history.

BlackAndGold
02-14-2019, 08:03 PM
A++ draft.

st33lersguy
02-14-2019, 08:31 PM
Too soon to tell as this draft class has only had time to put together z cumulative 3 pro bowls but it looks like the Steelers may have gotten a potential defensive cornerstone that this team desperately needs, what may be the next great Steelers wr and possibly a top tier rb.

teegre
02-15-2019, 06:52 AM
The Sutton pick (which I loved/still love) could be the difference between a “very good” draft and an “all-time great” draft.

If Sutton pans out (he was one of my favorite CBs in that draft), then this becomes an “all-time great” draft. If not... we will always wonder why we didn’t take Eddie Jackson, Desmond King, or George Kittle... or, even Xavier Woods or Damontae Kazee. Trust me: hindsight is 20/20, but several of us were pushing hard for all five of those players (I”think” that Shoes wanted Kittle. Maybe. I can’t remember. :lol: )

Again, I love/d the Sutton pick. I pushed hard for the Sutton pick. And, I think he’ll be very good. But, he has some ground to gain (in order to “catch up”).