PDA

View Full Version : AB wants out

Dwinsgames
02-12-2019, 11:38 AM
now that it is coming from the horses ass err mouth do you believe it now ???

Iron Steeler
02-12-2019, 11:40 AM

If he could clean up his act and public image we may be able to salvage a 1st round pick.

JayC
02-12-2019, 12:03 PM
who cares what he wants. he's under contract. make him sit out every year unless we get a 1st round pick for him

Fire Goodell
02-12-2019, 12:15 PM
who cares what he wants. he's under contract. make him sit out every year unless we get a 1st round pick for him

Well we're not in a good situation. Even if he's on the bench all year, just him being around the team will cause unnecessary drama. Maybe it's best to cut ties even at a lower value than we hoped? In these situations I'm glad I'm not the GM :chuckle:

Off topic but anybody else find it odd that the highest paid players are always the most unhappy?

BlackAndGold
02-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Well a lot of fans want him out also.

Sick of the cancerous drama around this team.

Shoes
02-12-2019, 01:03 PM
This shouldn't surprise anyone. Hope we can get a R1 for him. Hockenson is a very real possibility now! :chuckle:

Mojouw
02-12-2019, 01:18 PM
So long! Thanks for all the fish!

AtlantaDan
02-12-2019, 01:20 PM

Certainly a big 9 years for your stats, which of course is what it's all about

hawaiiansteeler
02-12-2019, 01:28 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohzdMk3uz9WSpdTvW/giphy.gif

steelreserve
02-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Like ... sorry dude, it doesn't help us at all to trade you right now. That's a nice opinion, but try again next year.

Neversatisfied
02-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Its strange, this(bad behavior)has happened with multiple players for the Steelers in the last 10 years. It might just be the culture in Pittsburgh more than the individual.

vasteeler
02-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Eh...go let him rot in Arizona

- - - Updated - - -

Its strange, this(bad behavior)has happened with multiple players for the Steelers in the last 10 years. It might just be the culture in Pittsburgh more than the individual.

Bull shit...it happens everywhere

hawaiiansteeler
02-12-2019, 01:35 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/01051e35adc4330d94491d0d6ed1b527/tenor.gif?itemid=4818247

AtlantaDan
02-12-2019, 01:40 PM
Eh...go let him rot in Arizona

Washington :chuckle:

Bull shit...it happens everywhere

Agreed - Saint Brady got the owner to trade his heir apparent and nobody approaches the success of the Patriots

Seattle had the QB and the defense at each other's throats after the Super Bowl loss to the Pats

If there was today's social media I suppose in the 70s we would have read about the turmoil in Houston and Oakland since they could not get past the Steelers most seasons

The culture did not end Shazier's career or guide Colbert's doomed DB picks and trades

hawaiiansteeler
02-12-2019, 01:43 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/PQTalIfdMmcqk/giphy.gif

Fire Goodell
02-12-2019, 01:44 PM
trade him to the dolphins or something :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
02-12-2019, 01:48 PM
the Steelers hold the cards here, not AB.

he's on the wrong side of 30, has had recent legal issues not to mention his obvious character issues. no team is going to give us fair value for AB, meaning a first round draft choice and are we going to be willing to settle for a second round pick in exchange for AB?

Edman
02-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Like ... sorry dude, it doesn't help us at all to trade you right now. That's a nice opinion, but try again next year.

Because keeping Bell worked out so well last year right?

Forget draft value. Cut the dude loose and move on.

SteelMayhem72
02-12-2019, 01:52 PM
Well we're not in a good situation. Even if he's on the bench all year, just him being around the team will cause unnecessary drama. Maybe it's best to cut ties even at a lower value than we hoped? In these situations I'm glad I'm not the GM :chuckle:

Off topic but anybody else find it odd that the highest paid players are always the most unhappy?Because they are usually the most talented but they are usually the dumbest at the same time

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Dwinsgames
02-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Certainly a big 9 years for your stats, which of course is what it's all about

those stats that are so ultra important to him are about to take a big hit ....

fansince'76
02-12-2019, 02:10 PM
trade him to the dolphins or something :chuckle:

Well, it would be interesting to see how long it takes him to start bitching with someone like Tannehill either constantly overthrowing him or one-hopping balls in the dirt to him.

There are MAYBE 7 or 8 QBs in the league who are actually competent enough as passers to keep him happy. And only one outside of the Burgh who could get him the ball consistently (as opposed to throwing it away) when pass protection breaks down (Rodgers) and AB breaks off his route to come back for the ball, which has been his bread and butter for years now.

Dwinsgames
02-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Well, it would be interesting to see how long it takes him to start bitching with someone like Tannehill either constantly overthrowing him or one-hopping balls in the dirt to him.

There are MAYBE 7 or 8 QBs in the league who are actually competent enough as passers to keep him happy. And only one outside of the Burgh who could get him the ball consistently (as opposed to throwing it away) when pass protection breaks down (Rodgers) and AB breaks off his route to come back for the ball, which has been his bread and butter for years now.

I think Bree's would fit that mold too but its a very limited skill set none the less

steelerdude15
02-12-2019, 02:27 PM
Good. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

86WARD
02-12-2019, 02:28 PM
What happens when he gets traded to a place he doesn’t want to go or goes to a place where a QB isn’t as good as Ben...which is probably every 7 out of 8 teams...lol

86WARD
02-12-2019, 02:28 PM

he's on the wrong side of 30, has had recent legal issues not to mention his obvious character issues. no team is going to give us fair value for AB, meaning a first round draft choice and are we going to be willing to settle for a second round pick in exchange for AB?

My fear is the Steelers misplay the hand...

hawaiiansteeler
02-12-2019, 02:32 PM
My fear is the Steelers misplay the hand...

how would you play it?

86WARD
02-12-2019, 02:36 PM
how would you play it?

I wouldn’t trade him for anything less than a first round pick to a team in the NFC and a team lower than the 20 pick. If not, I keep him and he sits...not getting paid for not showing. If he shows and is an asshole, he sits for conduct detrimental to the team.

Fire Goodell
02-12-2019, 02:36 PM
What happens when he gets traded to a place he doesn’t want to go or goes to a place where a QB isn’t as good as Ben...which is probably every 7 out of 8 teams...lol

Then he can be their problem

zulater
02-12-2019, 02:42 PM

I absolutely take a 2nd for him. But I don't think one will necessarily be offered. With his off the field antics and on the field insubordination most GM's and coaches wont want to gamble on him.

If I'm the Steelers I do this. I wait and see what the trade market bears. If I don't receive a fair offer ( 2nd round or above) then I inform AB he remains a Steeler. Assuming
he'll skip minicamp and do additional insubordinate acts I suspend him without pay and open a complaint with the league seeking previously paid signing bonus back. If I can get total relief from the 21 million cap hit he's due to cost the team this season I cut him for cause and close the book on him!

I realize you get nothing in return for him this way. But what I'm hearing now is that AB isn't going to bring back more than a 4th and possibly not even that. So to me I'd rather get that 21 million in cap relief than a 4th or 5th round pick. And I don't care where he goes after that. Might be funny to see the teams he wants to go to most ignore his agents calls! :lol:

steelreserve
02-12-2019, 02:46 PM

Brown doing the same exact thing as Bell actually would work hugely in our favor. It's literally the only way we could take less than a $21 million cap hit next year.

Brown on team: $7M bonus money cap charge, $15M salary = $22M total

Brown traded or released: $7M bonus money cap charge, $14 million bonus money charge accelerated from 2020-21 = $21M total

Brown holds out: $7M bonus money hit, $0 salary = $7M cap hit

Then in 2020 and beyond, I am not 100% sure, but if he refuses to play all season, I believe his contract tolls and would still have three years on it. Allowing us to possibly spread the remaining $14 million bonus cap charge out over three years instead of two, so ~ $4.65M a year instead of $7M, and if he wants to continue to rot on the inactive list, he can do so until he retires.

So - no matter what, this year it makes no sense to do anything with him. Just do nothing. He wants to show up and play, then fine, we could use him. He wants to sit out, then great, that's better than trading him or releasing him. Then next year we can trade him once the cap hit is down to a more manageable number. $21M to eat with no player on the roster is a stupid move, and we are under no pressure to do that.

how would you play it?

See above.

vader29
02-12-2019, 03:27 PM
Bye-bye baby bye-bye!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caVQoAs9J1s

st33lersguy
02-12-2019, 03:30 PM
Maybe keep him and let him miss time and get fined until someone offers a great deal for him

vader29
02-12-2019, 03:37 PM
https://i.ibb.co/3FNGRrc/51918195-10214878793268762-5882291276212076544-n.jpg

Edman
02-12-2019, 04:09 PM
To think, this all started with that Facebook video before the AFC Championship game. That was the beginning of the end of Mr. Brown.

Shoes
02-12-2019, 04:12 PM
No way Rooney starts the 2019 season with this asswipe on the team.

AtlantaDan
02-12-2019, 04:23 PM
To think, this all started with that Facebook video before the AFC Championship game. That was the beginning of the end of Mr. Brown.

That was the end of Chapter 1, which was the 2016 season in which simply being the best receiver in the league was no longer enough and the brand needed to be highlighted

A running story during the 2016 season was AB getting excessive celebration penalties that started in the season opener in Washington, which impacted other issues such as Tomlin being undermined for not being able to get AB to cut it out and Ben using the Tuesday morning radio appearances to voice his concerns on internal team matters

Dwinsgames
02-12-2019, 04:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzPRPXoXgAAWolE.jpg:large

dislocatedday
02-12-2019, 04:42 PM
I'm disappointed as a Steelers fan in Antonio Brown and how has seemed to take a very childish turn over the last 1-2 years. Yes, obviously I am not part of the team and don't know exactly what events have triggered his behavior, but as AB never "addressed the negative speculations about his character" like he said he would and just communicated with the public and the team through cryptic tweets and instagram posts, I feel fairly confident in assuming that he has become self absorbed in his own little reality and thinks the entire world revolves around him.

The one part that does make me mad, and I have to assume makes the team ownership and front office upset as well, is they made him the highest paid receiver in the game two years ago and there are 3 years remaining on the current deal. He then abandons the team before week 17 this past season and refuses to communicate with anyone include Art Rooney himself who is paying him over $17 mil/year. That is just not right in anyway shape or form, and the team eats that dead money that he received in a signing bonus with 3 years remaining.

With that out of the way,my opinion is that if the Steelers can't get a first or high 2nd round pick, or let's say a third round pick and a good player to go along with it, then ship his sorry butt off to an offensively pathetic team with poor QB play for next to nothing in return. Let him suffer with another team and subsequently regret his actions.

I did see one analyst propose trading AB to San Fran for their 3rd round pick and Marquise Goodwin. That might not be such a bad trade under the circumstances. It at least gives the Steelers a capable receiver and some draft capital.

Dwinsgames
02-12-2019, 04:54 PM
I'm disappointed as a Steelers fan in Antonio Brown and how has seemed to take a very childish turn over the last 1-2 years. Yes, obviously I am not part of the team and don't know exactly what events have triggered his behavior, but as AB never "addressed the negative speculations about his character" like he said he would and just communicated with the public and the team through cryptic tweets and instagram posts, I feel fairly confident in assuming that he has become self absorbed in his own little reality and thinks the entire world revolves around him.

The one part that does make me mad, and I have to assume makes the team ownership and front office upset as well, is they made him the highest paid receiver in the game two years ago and there are 3 years remaining on the current deal. He then abandons the team before week 17 this past season and refuses to communicate with anyone include Art Rooney himself who is paying him over $17 mil/year. That is just not right in anyway shape or form, and the team eats that dead money that he received in a signing bonus with 3 years remaining.

With that out of the way,my opinion is that if the Steelers can't get a first or high 2nd round pick, or let's say a third round pick and a good player to go along with it, then ship his sorry butt off to an offensively pathetic team with poor QB play for next to nothing in return. Let him suffer with another team and subsequently regret his actions.

I did see one analyst propose trading AB to San Fran for their 3rd round pick and Marquise Goodwin. That might not be such a bad trade under the circumstances. It at least gives the Steelers a capable receiver and some draft capital.

the only way I trade him for a player and a pick is said player must be a defender , corner or ILB with coverage skills ...

trading AB for Goodwin and a 3rd per example is saying Goodwin + the 3rd replaces AB and it doesn't ,,, but if you go opposite side of the ball it does not have to " replace AB" , it has to improve your def enough that missing AB is limited or non existent because you are that much better as a team on D .... teams score less against you so you do not have to score as much to stay even with the board ...

The Bills would be a nice landing spot for AB too .... smaller city , less action, less national noteriety , play the Pats twice a year and likely never smell another playoff game again in his career ... oh and the bills need WR help for that youngster throwing the rock so even though an afc team likely never have any influence on the steelers seasons

stillers4me
02-12-2019, 05:05 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any confirmation from the team that he actually asked them for a trade...or did he just tweet another attention whore statement?

Dwinsgames
02-12-2019, 05:07 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any confirmation from the team that he actually asked them for a trade...or did he just tweet another attention whore statement?

the latter as far as I know , but its enough considering he passed " enough and to much" a while ago

Shoes
02-12-2019, 05:07 PM
The wheels are turning in teams around the NFL. I think they get a R1 for him plus we keep our R1, 20 pick

Six Rings
02-12-2019, 05:55 PM

I think plenty of teams would offer their 1st round pick for Brown. He's one of the best playmakers in the game.

AtlantaDan
02-12-2019, 06:03 PM
Article in The Ringer after today's AB tweet on potential trade partners

Perhaps he used #NewDemands because he had so many #OldDemands :chuckle:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/2/12/18222358/antonio-brown-trade-request-steelers-landing-spots

49ers, Colts and Packers listed as most likely suspects. An Indy columnist wrote after the Colts bombed out of the playoffs that the Colts want solid citizens rather than troublemakers like AB or Bell, but the Browns are the most recent example of being willing to bring in just about anyone if they have talent and the price is right.

hawaiiansteeler
02-12-2019, 06:14 PM
I think plenty of teams would offer their 1st round pick for Brown. He's one of the best playmakers in the game.

"Ed Bouchette claims to have been told by NFL personnel that Brown's value is hovering around a fourth-round pick, far less than one would expect for the seven-time Pro Bowler."

https://www.12up.com/posts/6293257-antonio-brown-s-trade-value-revealed-and-it-s-sad

st33lersguy
02-12-2019, 06:18 PM
Let it play out like carson palmer played out with the Bengals. Let him sit out until someone is willing to give up a first. If he sits out and wants to get fined for it and not paid that's his problem

Butch
02-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Hey AB want in one hand and shit in the other see which one fills up 1st. AB has no say so in the matter what-so-ever.

Shoes
02-12-2019, 06:44 PM
"Ed Bouchette claims to have been told by NFL personnel that Brown's value is hovering around a fourth-round pick, far less than one would expect for the seven-time Pro Bowler."

https://www.12up.com/posts/6293257-antonio-brown-s-trade-value-revealed-and-it-s-sad

Not sure who Karl Rusmussen is but I don't buy it from him or Bullchette . You have the best WR in the NFL, that works hard with no major injury history. He doesn't look like he's lost a step, hasn't been busted for drugs (yet :chuckle:) like ding dong Bell and isn't screaming for money. I think it will be interesting.

Shoes
02-12-2019, 07:04 PM
Could the Steelers and AB work something out on his contract, like less money for a sure trade? I still feel positive they can get a R1, for sure a day two pick. The scouting combine is going to be interesting for the Steelers.

hawaiiansteeler
02-12-2019, 07:29 PM
we're not going to give AB away for next to nothing, I think we just may end up holding on to him.

Shoes
02-12-2019, 07:38 PM
we're not going to give AB away for next to nothing, I think we just may end up holding on to him.

I don't think that will happen, Fowler has said NFL GM's know the Steelers will be asking for R1. It's going to be hard for the Steelers to hold on to a guy that has voiced that he was tired of being blamed as a scapegoat, even if true.

hawaiiansteeler
02-12-2019, 07:49 PM
I don't think that will happen, Fowler has said NFL GM's know the Steelers will be asking for R1. It's going to be hard for the Steelers to hold on to a guy that has voiced that he was tired of being blamed as a scapegoat, even if true.

unfortunately there isn't a very big market for disgruntled diva WRs on the wrong side of 30 who throw furniture off balconies, drive over 100 mph, get into domestic disputes with the mother of one of his children, fights with the franchise QB and walks out on his teammates.

DesertSteel
02-12-2019, 07:49 PM
I think they get a 1st rounder in the 20s.

Shoes
02-12-2019, 07:56 PM
unfortunately there isn't a very big market for disgruntled diva WRs on the wrong side of 30 who throw furniture off balconies, drive over 100 mph, get into domestic disputes with the mother of one of his children, fights with the franchise QB and walks out on his teammates.

But there were no charges in any of his moron events. AB might be over 30 but he is still the best WR in the NFL and teams know what they are getting in him as a player. Heck what's a r1 pick to give up, the Steelers have blown many of them. :chuckle:

steelreserve
02-12-2019, 07:58 PM

So does it say why in the fuck we would eat $21M in dead money for a fourth-round draft pick? As I said earlier, better to just have him sit out the year and only eat $7M.

The team really does hold ALL the cards here. If they actually make such a stupid trade, they let themselves get outmaneuvered by a mental midget throwing a temper tantrum, and our problems go a whole lot deeper than I thought.

Shoes
02-12-2019, 08:01 PM
Do AB & Bell have the same agent?

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/antonio-brown-apparently-wants-new-contract-from-team-that-trades-for-him/

hawaiiansteeler
02-12-2019, 08:07 PM
Does AB have the same agent as Bell?

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/antonio-brown-apparently-wants-new-contract-from-team-that-trades-for-him/

that's not going to help his trade value...

smokin3000gt
02-12-2019, 08:11 PM

I'm all for cutting loose people who don't want to be there but I worry about the 'act like a dickwad until you're traded' precedent it would set

Shoes
02-12-2019, 08:12 PM
that's not going to help his trade value...

He's shooting his own toes off. :chuckle:

steelreserve
02-12-2019, 08:13 PM
Do AB & Bell have the same agent?

Pocket the $21M bonus that we're on the hook for, and ask for a raise that includes the same $21M. Real good.

You know, since there's nothing that says we're obligated to trade him ... lowering his trade value only increases the chance that he's staying right where he is.

smokin3000gt
02-12-2019, 08:15 PM

#mikewallace
#wherearetheynow

FrancoLambert
02-12-2019, 08:23 PM
I wouldn’t trade him for anything less than a first round pick to a team in the NFC and a team lower than the 20 pick. If not, I keep him and he sits...not getting paid for not showing. If he shows and is an asshole, he sits for conduct detrimental to the team.

I’d reluctantly take a second round pick to get rid of him. Probably the best we could expect given his antics.
Agreed if you can’t make trade, you make him sit all year, age, put up low stats, and do whatever you can to limit his salary.
Time to make a statement going forward. Assholes will not be tolerated.

hawaiiansteeler
02-12-2019, 09:31 PM

I can see AB working every angle he can to get released and choose which team he wants to play for, but you're right it would set a bad precedent that you can be an asshole and get the team to release you like LeGarrette Blount did.

Mojouw
02-12-2019, 09:44 PM
Ok. It’s all coming out now. AB is just a dude who always needs to be the highest paid.

Other wideouts surpassed his contract and Ben is gonna get a shiny new deal.

So he’s gonna throw a fit until he gets one too.

Predictable and pretty easy to see through.

Shoes
02-12-2019, 09:45 PM
I can see AB working every angle he can to get released and choose which team he wants to play for, but you're right it would set a bad precedent that you can be an asshole and get the team to release you like LeGarrette Blount did.

He probably will work every angle, but the Steelers will decide which team he will go to, not AB. I agree with the bad precedent, but the greater issue is cancer in the locker room. There is no way Rooney will permit this after the 2018 shit show. I think this part has already been decided by the Steelers, that is AB is gone. Now they will try and get the best deal they can for him. Rooney wasn't very positive about keeping AB early on and he also addressed the 21 mil as something they could work out. Look at the money Ladarius Green and Cortez Allen walked off with.

DesertSteel
02-12-2019, 10:00 PM
The wheels are turning in teams around the NFL. I think they get a R1 for him plus we keep our R1, 20 pick
I'd give Brown and our #20 for the Niners #2 plus a player or a 3rd or 4th.

Shoes
02-12-2019, 10:09 PM
I'd give Brown and our #20 for the Niners #2 plus a player or a 3rd or 4th.

:eyebrows: Now that's a thought.

DesertSteel
02-12-2019, 10:33 PM
Ok. It’s all coming out now. AB is just a dude who always needs to be the highest paid.

Just let it be the next team's headache. And may his skills expeditiously decline.

hawaiiansteeler
02-12-2019, 11:03 PM
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Steelers aren't willing to trade Antonio Brown to the Patriots or inside the AFC North.

It makes plenty of sense, as the Patriots are obviously the biggest thing standing in the Steelers' way in the AFC, and the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens are in Pittsburgh's division. Brown formally requested a trade on Tuesday and seems certain to be dealt this offseason; it just won't be to New England, though the Patriots are one of the more needy teams when it comes to wideouts.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines#news-8839571

86WARD
02-13-2019, 05:22 AM

That would be the end of this front office in my eyes. They would eat $21M for a 4th round pick and further secure the idea in players minds that if they want out of Pittsburgh all they have to do is leave a game early and/or sleep in meetings and/or throw a hissy fit. Blount, Harrison, Bell, Brown. Basically would show the front office are a bunch of pussy pushovers.

86WARD
02-13-2019, 05:23 AM

He’s the highest paid WR for 2019 by a million...lol.

86WARD
02-13-2019, 05:24 AM
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Steelers aren't willing to trade Antonio Brown to the Patriots or inside the AFC North.

It makes plenty of sense, as the Patriots are obviously the biggest thing standing in the Steelers' way in the AFC, and the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens are in Pittsburgh's division. Brown formally requested a trade on Tuesday and seems certain to be dealt this offseason; it just won't be to New England, though the Patriots are one of the more needy teams when it comes to wideouts.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines#news-8839571

Pats aren’t needy, they have a “Hall of Famer” in Edelman.

pczach
02-13-2019, 05:37 AM
I’d reluctantly take a second round pick to get rid of him. Probably the best we could expect given his antics.
Agreed if you can’t make trade, you make him sit all year, age, put up low stats, and do whatever you can to limit his salary.

I'm not ready to just let him go for insignificant value, but if this guy wants to go somewhere else after he became the "greatest WR since Jerry Rice".....have at it.

This guy still doesn't get that while he worked his ass off to become the WR he is, it is also very much because of the talent on the team. Having a great quarterback throwing him the ball, keeping plays alive to create plays that weren't there on time, and having a very good offensive line to help make that happen have been a HUGE factor in his success. He is just too wrapped up in his own greatness to see it or acknowledge it.

I completely agree with you. The team needs to draw a line in the sand. They need to make a very clear statement that assholeism shouldn't be rewarded and will not be rewarded by this team.

teegre
02-13-2019, 06:47 AM
I do not want a pick. I want an establish player.

Even the #2 overall pick is not a “gimme”. Any pick could be Watt or Polamalu, but it could also be Jones or Burns.

Someone mentioned the Dolphins, which is a good fit (albeit, an AFC team). Xavien Howard wants to get paid, and the Dolphins do not seem prepared to meet his needs. Howard is an All-Pro at CB (which fills a huge need for us). AB loves Miami. As far as the Dolphins being an AFC team goes, it pits AB against the Taperiots twice per season, and maybe AB’s talents translate into one less win for the Taperiots per season (which would help with playoff seeding).

AB for Xavien Howard straight up.

If that’s not enough, then the Dolphins & Steelers swap R1 picks (Steelers move up from 20 to 13).

Steeldude
02-13-2019, 06:53 AM
Best news so far this off-season.

- - - Updated - - -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzPRPXoXgAAWolE.jpg:large

Another moron looking for attention. I hope they get a great offer from the worst team in the NFL.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-13-2019, 07:43 AM
I do not want a pick. I want an establish player.

Even the #2 overall pick is not a “gimme”. Any pick could be Watt or Polamalu, but it could also be Jones or Burns.

Someone mentioned the Dolphins, which is a good fit (albeit, an AFC team). Xavien Howard wants to get paid, and the Dolphins do not seem prepared to meet his needs. Howard is an All-Pro at CB (which fills a huge need for us). AB loves Miami. As far as the Dolphins being an AFC team goes, it pits AB against the Taperiots twice per season, and maybe AB’s talents translate into one less win for the Taperiots per season (which would help with playoff seeding).

If that’s not enough, then the Dolphins & Steelers swap R1 picks (Steelers move up from 20 to 13).

Best WR in the game for the 15-25th best CB in the game straight up? I would want Dolphins 2nd round pick as well.

Another I have thought is Tremaine Edmunds of Buffalo and their 2nd round pick for AB. Might have to come off that and change the 2nd to a 3rd, but that way the ILB spot is solidified and it frees up that 1st round pick to get likely one of the talented TE like Hokensen, Irv Smith, Fant as an offensive playmaker. Then the Steelers can look for another WR or CB in the 2nd or 3rd and still have another day 2 pick from the trade.

Steeler-in-west
02-13-2019, 09:23 AM
Predictable, yeah it happens everywhere but it happens a lot more often to team that underperform.

got to remove the impediment that is keeping the team from playing up to their potential

Rotorhead
02-13-2019, 10:09 AM
The dumbest thing in this entire mess is AB himself. If he really wants out, being an asshole, causing trouble on and off the field only lower his value, which makes it harder to trade. Does this moron not see this? Show up to work, stop acting out like a child, request the trade and we could have got top value for him. Who is his agent? If it was me, I would sit his dumbass down and explain to his majesty that he is only hurting himself and his value by acting like a jackass.

Dwinsgames
02-13-2019, 10:25 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzTC1uSXgAE1gog.jpg:large

LMAO HE THINKS ..... he controls this situation , Like HE is the one who determines how this ends or where he goes ( if anywhere ) ...

to self absorbed to see reality

steelreserve
02-13-2019, 10:58 AM

Screw that. Howard and the #13 pick straight up. Not a swap.

We are under no pressure to make a deal; someone does not make an offer that's worth our while and then some, all we have to do is sit there and do nothing and we are winning.

If we traded for Howard, I am fairly certain that instead of wondering why we have a former All-Pro CB (Haden) and a bunch of young talent that makes a shitty secondary ... we'd be wondering why we had TWO former All-Pro CBs and a bunch of young talent that made a shitty secondary. Just like the offensive line, we can keep blindly throwing money and high draft picks at that position forever, and it will still suck until we address other problems with scheme and player development.

Still sucks that we could have gotten Howard with the pick we used on Burns (and he is one of the players I was hoping for), and for that matter we could've still gotten him with one or two real trade-down offers that actually were proposed. On the other hand, if that happened, who's to say Howard wouldn't be struggling and in our doghouse right now whike Burns was a decent starter for the Dolphins.

vader29
02-13-2019, 11:39 AM

86WARD
02-13-2019, 11:45 AM

We are under no pressure to make a deal; someone does not make an offer that's worth our while and then some, all we have to do is sit there and do nothing and we are winning.

If we traded for Howard, I am fairly certain that instead of wondering why we have a former All-Pro CB (Haden) and a bunch of young talent that makes a shitty secondary ... we'd be wondering why we had TWO former All-Pro CBs and a bunch of young talent that made a shitty secondary. Just like the offensive line, we can keep blindly throwing money and high draft picks at that position forever, and it will still suck until we address other problems with scheme and player development.

Still sucks that we could have gotten Howard with the pick we used on Burns (and he is one of the players I was hoping for), and for that matter we could've still gotten him with one or two real trade-down offers that actually were proposed. On the other hand, if that happened, who's to say Howard wouldn't be struggling and in our doghouse right now whike Burns was a decent starter for the Dolphins.

This. The Steelers first round pick doesn’t enter into this equation at all.

First rounder and established player is the lowest I would go. If no one wants to pay it, so be it.

Mojouw
02-13-2019, 11:52 AM
The Steelers should not be sending anything out of town besides AB and lower round junk.

Gotta take the actions/emotions a bit out of it in my opinion.

No one would have been a fan of a draft day trade in 2018 of Antonio Brown + 1st Round Pick for like the 11th pick in the first round and some 3rd round comp pick. Now people are like "take a bag of kicking tees". C'mon.

The worst case is that you bench him all year. Then tell everyone that the answer to any question with the words "Antonio Brown" is "I have no comment. You will need to talk to Coach Tomlin." Then Tomlin just repeats that if AB wants to play for the team, great they welcome him back. If he doesn't then it is an issue between the player and the GM and Owner."

This stuff isn't really that hard. I fail to understand why everyone talks about it like its some unsolvable riddle.

steelreserve
02-13-2019, 12:33 PM
This stuff isn't really that hard. I fail to understand why everyone talks about it like its some unsolvable riddle.

"because teamwork and respect and brotherhood and rah rah rah FOOTBALL!!!!" at least, as far as I can tell.

There is so much emphasis put on intangible things like "distractions" and "chemistry" and "character" and "unwritten rules" that from a logical point of view makes no sense at all. Your goal is to win football games; it makes no sense at all to execute bad trades with crippling salary cap implications. Only if the intangibles create a real risk of worse performance for the team, such as a long drug suspension, is that really an issue.

Perhaps it is because it allows you to suspend logic that people focus on these things. So the guy's an asshole, congratulations, so are two thirds of people everywhere. Now how does that affect wins and losses?

JnK
02-13-2019, 12:53 PM
Met AB at station square right before his rookie season. Seemed like a real cool, down-to-earth guy. He has turned into an abnoxious, self-absorbed asswipe. It's funny what money and fame can do to a person. It really is disappointing and sad. I say hang on to him and let him ride the pine this season piling up zero stats. I'd do it just out of spite too. Bring your 'open for business' sign along to the games and maybe you can use it to beg Tomlin to let you play.

86WARD
02-13-2019, 12:54 PM
The Steelers should not be sending anything out of town besides AB and lower round junk.

Gotta take the actions/emotions a bit out of it in my opinion.

No one would have been a fan of a draft day trade in 2018 of Antonio Brown + 1st Round Pick for like the 11th pick in the first round and some 3rd round comp pick. Now people are like "take a bag of kicking tees". C'mon.

The worst case is that you bench him all year. Then tell everyone that the answer to any question with the words "Antonio Brown" is "I have no comment. You will need to talk to Coach Tomlin." Then Tomlin just repeats that if AB wants to play for the team, great they welcome him back. If he doesn't then it is an issue between the player and the GM and Owner."

That’s really the only answer that should be given on the topic of an AB trade.

Mojouw
02-13-2019, 12:55 PM
"because teamwork and respect and brotherhood and rah rah rah FOOTBALL!!!!" at least, as far as I can tell.

There is so much emphasis put on intangible things like "distractions" and "chemistry" and "character" and "unwritten rules" that from a logical point of view makes no sense at all. Your goal is to win football games; it makes no sense at all to execute bad trades with crippling salary cap implications. Only if the intangibles create a real risk of worse performance for the team, such as a long drug suspension, is that really an issue.

Perhaps it is because it allows you to suspend logic that people focus on these things. So the guy's an asshole, congratulations, so are two thirds of people everywhere. Now how does that affect wins and losses?

That's all I can figure as well. People are all for giving Kareem Hunt a second chance, but many want to scour AB from the Steelers roster regardless of cost/return. Honestly, if three days from now the team announced that everything was hunky-dory -- I'd be all for it. If they announced that they traded him for multiple high draft picks, that's great as well.

What you can't do is ship him out of town Santonio Holmes style.

Shoes
02-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Anyone who thinks AB is going to be a Steeler in 2019 is dreaming. There is more hope that the Steelers will draft TJ Hockenson in R1 than AB being a Steeler in 2019. :chuckle:

DesertSteel
02-13-2019, 01:03 PM
So who in need of a WR is mostly likely to give up a #1 for AB?

Shoes
02-13-2019, 01:11 PM
49ers need a WR. I could see Shanahan licking his chops having the top WR and TE in the NFL

Jets need a WR and have lots of money

Packers
Panthers
Raiders
Lions
Dolphins
Pats

Didn't list the AFC North teams

Mojouw
02-13-2019, 01:16 PM

TAMPA BAY @ #5 if Arians can and wants to convince his owner to go get him AB.
Jacksonville @#7 - although this makes no sense until they figure out the QB situation and free up a bunch of cap space.
Bills @#9 - this is the first one that makes a ton of football sense. That offense has ZERO weapons. Absolutely none.
Green Bay @ 12 or 30 - this would be massively out of character for them, but Davante Adams and AB and Rodgers sure sounds good on paper. Maybe the #12 pick and one of their young wideouts (St. Brown, Valdez Scantling, or J'mon Moore) to start and then quibble over other draft picks?

Carolina at #16 would seem to have a need for another offensive weapon. After that, the picks start getting pretty low for a player of AB's caliber.

Shoes
02-13-2019, 01:22 PM
AB makes Bell look like a rocket scientist :chuckle:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/2/13/18221942/steelers-antonio-brown-found-guilty-of-reckless-driving-after-failing-to-show-at-court-nfl-news

Shoes
02-13-2019, 01:30 PM
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-is-interested-in-joining-the-Miami-Dolphins-129064090/

steelreserve
02-13-2019, 02:11 PM
Anyone who thinks AB is going to be a Steeler in 2019 is dreaming. There is more hope that the Steelers will draft TJ Hockenson in R1 than AB being a Steeler in 2019. :chuckle:

Why? You don't do anything at all, and he's a Steeler. Don't even answer his or his agent's phone calls, and he's a Steeler.

There is nothing he can do about it. Every way out that is within his control is to his extreme, ruinous disadvantage. Unless we voluntarily decide (why?) to make it to our own ruinous disadvantage. Even Brown sitting out the whole season is more beneficial to us than most trades. There is nothing, repeat nothing, forcing us to do this.

Mojouw
02-13-2019, 02:44 PM
Why? You don't do anything at all, and he's a Steeler. Don't even answer his or his agent's phone calls, and he's a Steeler.

There is nothing he can do about it. Every way out that is within his control is to his extreme, ruinous disadvantage. Unless we voluntarily decide (why?) to make it to our own ruinous disadvantage. Even Brown sitting out the whole season is more beneficial to us than most trades. There is nothing, repeat nothing, forcing us to do this.

Plus the team already knows it can navigate a season long “operation shutdown”.

Roll AB’s cap into 2020 and then trade or cut him? Yup.

I just don’t think the same owner that is pushing to transition tag Bell is going to authorize AB talking his way off the roster for a big discount.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
02-13-2019, 03:44 PM

There is nothing he can do about it. Every way out that is within his control is to his extreme, ruinous disadvantage. Unless we voluntarily decide (why?) to make it to our own ruinous disadvantage. Even Brown sitting out the whole season is more beneficial to us than most trades. There is nothing, repeat nothing, forcing us to do this. Plus AB will conform and will play, he won't miss out on his stats for riding the pine.

86WARD
02-13-2019, 03:45 PM
Plus AB will conform and will play, he won't miss out on his stats for riding the pine.

He’d lose out on being the GOAT...lol

Dwinsgames
02-13-2019, 04:36 PM
Plus AB will conform and will play, he won't miss out on his stats for riding the pine.

he did week 17 of 2018 ......

- - - Updated - - -

Art2 should release a statement to AB ( since AB won't answer the phone )

saying How bad do you want out ?

you now have permission to seek a trade but we will take no less than a first and second round pick ....

OR ....

you can buy your freedom just cut the check to The Pittsburgh Steelers to the tune of 22 million Dollars and 2 weeks after it clear we will cut you loose

Leave a msg with my secretary as I am not taking any calls signed ArtII

Born2Steel
02-13-2019, 04:36 PM
Who is a logical trade partner? AND if we’re going to give in to trade demands then I’m asking for the moon. I want an elite player plus draft picks. Multiple picks. If a team wants AB they need to know up front he’s going to be expensive. See who steps up and makes an offer then.

02-13-2019, 05:07 PM
Who is a logical trade partner? AND if we’re going to give in to trade demands then I’m asking for the moon. I want an elite player plus draft picks. Multiple picks. If a team wants AB they need to know up front he’s going to be expensive. See who steps up and makes an offer then. Art should just public state we have no plans to trade AB. Then sit back and watch the trade offers come in. People want what they can't have and will give a lot to get it. Saying you can't see him being on the team next season just gives teams a chance to low ball ya.

EzraTank
02-13-2019, 05:26 PM
Remember when "stars" like Bettis didn't care and let the younger guys like Willie Parker start to take over. I remember and those teams won Superbowls because it was all about the TEAM.

As great as Bell & Brown are they will NEVER win on any team unless they realize this. Good riddance.

Born2Steel
02-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Remember when "stars" like Bettis didn't care and let the younger guys like Willie Parker start to take over. I remember and those teams won Superbowls because it was all about the TEAM.

As great as Bell & Brown are they will NEVER win on any team unless they realize this. Good riddance.

Ok. Excellent point. BUT...don’t you want to make sure the Steelers get value out of the AB trade and/or Bell hitting FA? If Bell is allowed to just walk away the best the Steelers can hope for in return is a late round 3 comp draft pick. Does that seem to be worthy of Bell’s skill set to you? I think we can get more in sign and trade. And a player like AB will bring even more in trade. You want to let them just walk away? I hope not but that is the impression of “good riddance”. At least field offers up to March 17th.

Rotorhead
02-13-2019, 05:56 PM
Ok. Excellent point. BUT...don’t you want to make sure the Steelers get value out of the AB trade and/or Bell hitting FA? If Bell is allowed to just walk away the best the Steelers can hope for in return is a late round 3 comp draft pick. Does that seem to be worthy of Bell’s skill set to you? I think we can get more in sign and trade. And a player like AB will bring even more in trade. You want to let them just walk away? I hope not but that is the impression of “good riddance”. At least field offers up to March 17th.

Bell is already gone, what team would trade for him knowing he was easily replaced by 2 different ppl and we have no real intention of him being a Steeler. At this point, the best we get for his dumbass is a 3rd in 2020, but we won’t even get that if we fill a CB role with a good player in FA.
AB is a different story, we will get a high first or a good trade for him (unless he gets suspended for being stupid). At this point I would trade him for the #10 or higher pick or a proven CB to pair with Haden. If it is anything else the. He can sit the bench all season.

At some point, Tomlin has to put his big boy pants on and be a leader instead of everyone’s buddy. If not, his ass can be the next one out the door next season.

EzraTank
02-13-2019, 06:03 PM

At this point I don't care. Brown is a headcase and on the wrong side of 30 now. Bell is a selfish prick. They are both cancers in the locker room, the sooner they are both gone the better. Tomlin should take this year as a chance to change the locker room culture and hold EVERY player accountable. Do you think Belichick would have taken their shit? He would have trade/cut them and coached their replacement to do just enough to win.

Born2Steel
02-13-2019, 06:13 PM
Bell is already gone, what team would trade for him knowing he was easily replaced by 2 different ppl and we have no real intention of him being a Steeler. At this point, the best we get for his dumbass is a 3rd in 2020, but we won’t even get that if we fill a CB role with a good player in FA.
AB is a different story, we will get a high first or a good trade for him (unless he gets suspended for being stupid). At this point I would trade him for the #10 or higher pick or a proven CB to pair with Haden. If it is anything else the. He can sit the bench all season.

At some point, Tomlin has to put his big boy pants on and be a leader instead of everyone’s buddy. If not, his ass can be the next one out the door next season.

If Bell is allowed to walk this offseason the best return we can hope for is a late 3rd round comp pick. I didn’t go back and reread my last post but that is what I had intended to type. I think the Steelers can expect a better return for Bell in trade. The problem lies in the language of the CBA. Seems you are not allowed to tag a player only to trade him.(Franchise or Transition) Bell would need to sign a deal to be eligible for a trade this year if that is correct. Therefore, IMO, try to sign Bell to a team friendly contract first. Let him play with Conner and Samuels while reducing the loss of AB on the field some as well. He becomes eligible for trade next year. I believe his value would be greater than a late 3rd round comp draft pick.

If you can get value for AB this offseason go ahead and make that trade. I would ask for player and picks minimum. The last thing you do here is simply cut AB and let him go play for the highest bidder without any compensation. I don’t think that move makes any sense at all.

02-13-2019, 06:38 PM
Trading AB for a fourth RD pick then eating the 21 million is a joke and just plain stupid. I don't care, I just wan't them of the team attitude is fine if you enjoy watching The Steelers not making the playoffs for another 3 years. Sorry I want The Steelers to get every ounce of worth they can get out of them to better the team.

86WARD
02-13-2019, 06:48 PM
he did week 17 of 2018 ......

- - - Updated - - -

Art2 should release a statement to AB ( since AB won't answer the phone )

saying How bad do you want out ?

you now have permission to seek a trade but we will take no less than a first and second round pick ....

OR ....

you can buy your freedom just cut the check to The Pittsburgh Steelers to the tune of 22 million Dollars and 2 weeks after it clear we will cut you loose

Leave a msg with my secretary as I am not taking any calls signed ArtII

Still doesn’t help the cap...lol. I wouldn’t offer that option.

First and second round pick along with his Instagram account. Must stay off Instagram for a year. He can’t do it.

Born2Steel
02-13-2019, 06:48 PM
At this point I don't care. Brown is a headcase and on the wrong side of 30 now. Bell is a selfish prick. They are both cancers in the locker room, the sooner they are both gone the better. Tomlin should take this year as a chance to change the locker room culture and hold EVERY player accountable. Do you think Belichick would have taken their shit? He would have trade/cut them and coached their replacement to do just enough to win.

You think it is BETTER to just cut/let walk 2 of the largest assets the Steelers have because their attitudes suck? This team has on the field needs and these 2 players could fill most of those in trade, but scrap em because they are not ‘team guys’? Not trying to be snarky with these questions. I just want to make sure I understand your viewpoint.

86WARD
02-13-2019, 06:49 PM
Trading AB for a fourth RD pick then eating the 21 million is a joke and just plain stupid. I don't care, I just wan't them of the team attitude is fine if you enjoy watching The Steelers not making the playoffs for another 3 years. Sorry I want The Steelers to get every ounce of worth they can get out of them to better the team.

That’s what I’m afraid they’ll do...

Mojouw
02-13-2019, 06:59 PM
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/wide-receiver/

OK. Here goes. This is going to be VERY unpopular. But the Pittsburgh Steelers must make a crucial decision going forward:

1. Continue to structure contracts the way they always have and do nothing guaranteed besides the signing bonus and get the hell out of the "best at their position" business.
2. Put more guaranteed cash on the table. Especially for guys that are top 3 at their position across the NFL for years.

Honestly, I look at the Bell and AB situations and at its core I truly believe it is about money. Everything else is just window dressing and post facto justification by the player(s) in order to win the PR battle through the traditional media as well as social media.

IF the Steelers magically waved a contract wand and "poof" AB was paid about 18 million per year until he was 33-35 and more than 45% of that was guaranteed cash, I sincerely believe that he would be okay with whatever Ben wanted to say on his radio show and put up with whatever standards Tomlin wanted to push through the locker room.

I am not saying that AB or Bell is correct or that I even sympathize with them, but if the Steelers want to collect "superstar" players, then they need to start paying them under the same model as the rest of the NFL does. That means #1 WRs, RBs, LTs, Edge Rushers, and turnover generating DBs get more than 15-25% of their contracts guaranteed.

Part of me can understand AB looking around and seeing significantly lesser players with lesser production getting paid more/better. And, yes I understand that he was likely to make much much more than the guaranteed amount by simply showing up to work and not having his legs fall off. However, these types of guys (Guys that go out and get Rosenhaus as their agents) don't think like that. They want/need at a weird level of importance to be able to say "I am the best at my position and my per year and guaranteed $$$ show that."

Shoes
02-13-2019, 07:05 PM

I understand what you are saying and would agree completely if the Steelers were dealing with a sensible person but they aren't. AB is such an idiot that he is damaging his own stock and doesn't seem to care. So you are going to bring back a guy who doesn't care and doesn't want to play for your team? He doesn't like the owner, the head coach, the OC the QB and a host of other players because they are slackers. He doesn't want to talk to any of them. Some of the players want him back some don't. So he starts dropping balls, fakes injuries (like that knee) and the shit show is even greater than before. It's not going to happen, no way Rooney plays this game longer. What the owners need to do is get a diva loophole in the contracts of players. The trade offers will come and I'll be happy to see him go.

EzraTank
02-13-2019, 07:17 PM
You think it is BETTER to just cut/let walk 2 of the largest assets the Steelers have because their attitudes suck? This team has on the field needs and these 2 players could fill most of those in trade, but scrap em because they are not ‘team guys’? Not trying to be snarky with these questions. I just want to make sure I understand your viewpoint.

Look at what Belichick did with Butler. He benched him during the Superbowl then gave him away.

Yes I think they should try to get something for Brown (Bell is a lost cause) but it's not like AB is helping in this. He's a moron, over 30, and facing a possible NFL suspension.

Born2Steel
02-13-2019, 07:24 PM
Look at what Belichick did with Butler. He benched him during the Superbowl then gave him away.

Yes I think they should try to get something for Brown (Bell is a lost cause) but it's not like AB is helping in this. He's a moron, over 30, and facing a possible NFL suspension.

Ok so you do think the Steelers need some return on AB’s value. That’s fine even if we don’t agree on Bell. As for Butler being benched, has anyone ever heard the reason for that? I have not. I think Butler had an undisclosed injury and was unable to play. I don’t think that part was a choice. I think rather than risk losing draft picks for not correctly reporting the injury, it became a suspension after the fact. I have no proof just gut feeling. Cheaters gonna cheat.

02-13-2019, 07:50 PM
That’s what I’m afraid they’ll do... me too and sorry Art doesn't seem to bright to me when you see him interviewed.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-13-2019, 08:11 PM

Name the top 3WR on the Buffalo Bills that QB Josh Allen can pass to.

See if Terrell Edmunds brother Tremaine can be traded from the Bills to come play ILB for the Steelers and maybe bring a 2nd round draft pick with him. Buffalo has projected $78 million in cap space for 2019.

Shoes
02-13-2019, 08:25 PM
Name the top 3WR on the Buffalo Bills that QB Josh Allen can pass to.

See if Terrell Edmunds brother Tremaine can be traded from the Bills to come play ILB for the Steelers and maybe bring a 2nd round draft pick with him. Buffalo has projected $78 million in cap space for 2019.

I'd be fine with this.

steelreserve
02-13-2019, 08:34 PM
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/wide-receiver/

OK. Here goes. This is going to be VERY unpopular. But the Pittsburgh Steelers must make a crucial decision going forward:

1. Continue to structure contracts the way they always have and do nothing guaranteed besides the signing bonus and get the hell out of the "best at their position" business.
2. Put more guaranteed cash on the table. Especially for guys that are top 3 at their position across the NFL for years.

Honestly, I look at the Bell and AB situations and at its core I truly believe it is about money. Everything else is just window dressing and post facto justification by the player(s) in order to win the PR battle through the traditional media as well as social media.

IF the Steelers magically waved a contract wand and "poof" AB was paid about 18 million per year until he was 33-35 and more than 45% of that was guaranteed cash, I sincerely believe that he would be okay with whatever Ben wanted to say on his radio show and put up with whatever standards Tomlin wanted to push through the locker room.

I am not saying that AB or Bell is correct or that I even sympathize with them, but if the Steelers want to collect "superstar" players, then they need to start paying them under the same model as the rest of the NFL does. That means #1 WRs, RBs, LTs, Edge Rushers, and turnover generating DBs get more than 15-25% of their contracts guaranteed.

Part of me can understand AB looking around and seeing significantly lesser players with lesser production getting paid more/better. And, yes I understand that he was likely to make much much more than the guaranteed amount by simply showing up to work and not having his legs fall off. However, these types of guys (Guys that go out and get Rosenhaus as their agents) don't think like that. They want/need at a weird level of importance to be able to say "I am the best at my position and my per year and guaranteed $$$ show that."

I agree with you that it would be in our best interest to start doing things that way. But I don't think Brown's bullshit is about money in this case. He is basically uncuttable even in case of severe injury because of the dead money, so all but MAYBE the last year is "guaranteed."

If he simply asked them, "convert another $15 million to guaranteed through a fake signing bonus," they would do it like always. He's the highest paid, was going to collect every penny of his contract, and unlike Bell, I think he is smart enough to understand that, or at least grasp it if his agent explains it to him. It is JUST about being a dickhead.

Overall, yes, we should be designing contracts more around flat guaranteed money than non-guaranteed restructure-oriented dead money bullshit. It would help with attracting top players like you say, AND it would help our own financial situation because I think we've abused the restructure loophole to the point where it is doing us more harm than good.

I would be interested to know how many teams have eaten more dead money than us over the past decade, because I bet it's not many. We really seem to make it so that we ALWAYS have to eat several million dollars if we have to get rid of a player, even if it's because he's retiring, or his performance started declining years ago, or he's bitching and moaning like in this case. It works as long as nobody ever leaves for any reason, and that's not the real world. You have more guaranteed money instead of signing bonus and restructures, you can do trades and shit, and all kinds of stuff to not paint yourself into a corner with extensive dead money. Brown had a guaranteed contract, we're on the hook for zero dollars in cap space next year if we trade him, so go right a-fuckin head.

Mojouw
02-13-2019, 08:43 PM
I agree with you that it would be in our best interest to start doing things that way. But I don't think Brown's bullshit is about money in this case. He is basically uncuttable even in case of severe injury because of the dead money, so all but MAYBE the last year is "guaranteed."

If he simply asked them, "convert another $15 million to guaranteed through a fake signing bonus," they would do it like always. He's the highest paid, was going to collect every penny of his contract, and unlike Bell, I think he is smart enough to understand that, or at least grasp it if his agent explains it to him. It is JUST about being a dickhead.

Overall, yes, we should be designing contracts more around flat guaranteed money than non-guaranteed restructure-oriented dead money bullshit. It would help with attracting top players like you say, AND it would help our own financial situation because I think we've abused the restructure loophole to the point where it is doing us more harm than good.

I would be interested to know how many teams have eaten more dead money than us over the past decade, because I bet it's not many. We really seem to make it so that we ALWAYS have to eat several million dollars if we have to get rid of a player, even if it's because he's retiring, or his performance started declining years ago, or he's bitching and moaning like in this case. It works as long as nobody ever leaves for any reason, and that's not the real world. You have more guaranteed money instead of signing bonus and restructures, you can do trades and shit, and all kinds of stuff to not paint yourself into a corner with extensive dead money. Brown had a guaranteed contract, we're on the hook for zero dollars in cap space next year if we trade him, so go right a-fuckin head.

Yeah. I can see what you are saying and you are not wrong! In the case of both Bell and Brown all they had to do was report and they would almost certainly see their entire contract value. Additionally, the Steelers are far less mercenary about cutting injured players loose than the majority of the NFL. Even with injury, both guys would've gotten at least one "non-injured" year to see if they could come back - almost certainly two.

I think that these guys (meaning NFL players) are creatures of pure ego that NEED to be able to walk into a locker room and say "I am the highest paid! In the whole league!" regardless of what the "funny money" structures might say. I find it more explanatory that AB requests a trade and immediately states that his new team will also need to redo his deal than AB is "frustrate" with teammates behavior and wants a trade. I think he sees that Ben R will get paid and everyone else will get only what the team values them at. He wants more than that, for whatever the reason, and is using a bunch of noise to justify the whole thing.

hawaiiansteeler
02-13-2019, 08:43 PM
Antonio Brown is interested in joining the Miami Dolphins

By BRYAN DEARDO

Antonio Brown apparently interested in playing for his hometown team. Brown, who grew up in Liberty City and owns a house in Miami, re-tweeted the following Twitter post from famous Miami rapper Trick Daddy that alluded to Brown possibly being traded to the Dolphins.

The Dolphins know first-hard how explosive Brown is on a football field. His 50 and 62-yard touchdown catches in the first quarter of Pittsburgh's 2016 wild card playoff game against Miami spearheaded the Steelers' 30-12 victory over the Dolphins.

After Brown gave the Steelers an early double-digit lead, Pittsburgh then turned to Le'Veon Bell, who rushed for a then franchise playoff record 167 yards, to put Pittsburgh's first playoff victory since 2014 on ice. Brown won team MVP honors that season after amassing 1,884 all-purpose yards in just 12 regular season games.

to read rest of article:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-is-interested-in-joining-the-Miami-Dolphins-129064090/

Mojouw
02-13-2019, 08:45 PM

By BRYAN DEARDO

Antonio Brown apparently interested in playing for his hometown team. Brown, who grew up in Liberty City and owns a house in Miami, re-tweeted the following Twitter post from famous Miami rapper Trick Daddy that alluded to Brown possibly being traded to the Dolphins.

The Dolphins know first-hard how explosive Brown is on a football field. His 50 and 62-yard touchdown catches in the first quarter of Pittsburgh's 2016 wild card playoff game against Miami spearheaded the Steelers' 30-12 victory over the Dolphins.

After Brown gave the Steelers an early double-digit lead, Pittsburgh then turned to Le'Veon Bell, who rushed for a then franchise playoff record 167 yards, to put Pittsburgh's first playoff victory since 2014 on ice. Brown won team MVP honors that season after amassing 1,884 all-purpose yards in just 12 regular season games.

to read rest of article:

Of course my whole "money theory" could be all wet and all AB really wants is to play close to home, party his ass off in Miami, and build his "brand" in a more social media relevant city than a former rust-belt outpost.

Who knows? But I don't buy for a second that this is for football or locker-room reasons.

teegre
02-13-2019, 08:54 PM
Best WR in the game for the 15-25th best CB in the game straight up? I would want Dolphins 2nd round pick as well.

Another I have thought is Tremaine Edmunds of Buffalo and their 2nd round pick for AB. Might have to come off that and change the 2nd to a 3rd, but that way the ILB spot is solidified and it frees up that 1st round pick to get likely one of the talented TE like Hokensen, Irv Smith, Fant as an offensive playmaker. Then the Steelers can look for another WR or CB in the 2nd or 3rd and still have another day 2 pick from the trade.

I disagree that Howard is as low as the 15th best CB in the league, but I agree that maybe "straight up" is not fair value. The Dolphins' R2 pick would essentially be the same as swapping from 20 up to 13 (they are valued the same on a draft trade-value chart).

Tremaine Edwards might be good, but wasn't overwhelmingly good (whereas, Howard has proven to be All-Pro "worthy"). Regardless, let's assume that those two players are "equally good". IMO, the Steelers have at least found some good ILBs during Tomlin's tenure (Timmons, VW, Shazier), but they have not drafted one decent CB. Ergo, I say trade for the CB (and draft the ILB).

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be for it (obviously), but I think a player OR a R1 pick will be what we get (but, not both).

I disagree. This secondary has been deplete of talent for almost a decade.

teegre
02-13-2019, 09:05 PM
As far as the $21 million goes...

That is a huge hit for the Steelers, and other teams are basically getting AB at a discount (they are not paying him that money/they are getting AB cheaper than his real value). Ergo, a player and a R1 pick is almost a "must".

Or...

Xavien Howard wants a new deal. Maybe there is a sign & trade, where Howard is extended by the Dolphins and his signing bonus is absorbed by them (much like how the Steelers are on the hook for AB's signing bonus). In which case, I would be fine with trading Howard for AB (since we would be getting Howard for a reduced rate... and could then sign another free agent).

teegre
02-13-2019, 09:19 PM

By BRYAN DEARDO

to read rest of article:

:nod:

AB loves Miami.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-13-2019, 11:21 PM
Tremaine Edwards might be good, but wasn't overwhelmingly good (whereas, Howard has proven to be All-Pro "worthy"). Regardless, let's assume that those two players are "equally good". IMO, the Steelers have at least found some good ILBs during Tomlin's tenure (Timmons, VW, Shazier), but they have not drafted one decent CB. Ergo, I say trade for the CB (and draft the ILB).

Edmunds demonstrated an innate ability to do that. So much so, that the now retired Kyle Williams passed the responsibility of running the players’ weekly Thursday film session on to the rookie.

“I went to him and said, ‘Hey listen, I’ve been doing this for a long time. I look at you and see somebody in my opinion who is going to be a cornerstone for a long time,” Williams said. “You play the ‘mike’ so at the end of the day you need to be the bell cow, so let’s get this started early, I’ll help you.’ He did a great job.”

“That tells you [that] he thinks very highly of that player, that he trusts that player,” said defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier of Williams’ decision. “That tells you the respect he has for Tremaine.”

“He’s a guy who displays the right habits,” said Williams. “He works hard. He plays hard. He does the right things. He wants to be better at everything. It’s something where I wanted to help him continue to grow. I want Tremaine to be as good a football player as I think he wants to be.”

“There’s no real limit on what he can do,” said Lotulelei. “He’s a big, athletic guy, who once things really start slowing down for him and he gets a little more experience, I know he’s going to be real scary.”

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/why-bills-veterans-see-all-the-signs-for-tremaine-edmunds-to-emerge-into-a-defen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tremaine Edmunds wasnt "overwhelmingly good"????

121 tackles.
12 passes defended
2 Sacks
2INT
2 Forced Fumbles

Veteran Kyle Williams just helped a 20 year old ILB to become the leader of the defense and veterans are saying he will be scary when the game slows down. Edmunds will be more impactful at ILB in the upcoming season than Howard will be at CB. I try and make that deal if I am Colbert.

smokin3000gt
02-13-2019, 11:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzTC1uSXgAE1gog.jpg:large

LMAO HE THINKS ..... he controls this situation , Like HE is the one who determines how this ends or where he goes ( if anywhere ) ...

to self absorbed to see reality

I wonder if ownership doesn't play hardball with AB just to send a message to him and the rest of the team or any future divas. I'd like to see them do the same thing with Bell.

edit: LOL if he thinks his mustache looks anything near as good as that cartoon

hawaiiansteeler
02-14-2019, 12:22 AM
Bouchette: Steelers should take whatever they can get for Antonio Brown

Posted by Mike Florio on February 13, 2019

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown has said goodbye to Pittsburgh, but the Steelers have yet to say goodbye to Brown. One prominent reporter who covers the team believes they should.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, appearing Wednesday morning on PFT Live, argued that the Steelers should take whatever they can get in trade for Brown, accepting the best offer on the table before his $2.5 million roster bonus becomes due on March 17.

Bouchette believes the Steelers should trade Brown, even if the compensation consists of a conditional seventh-round pick in 2020.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/13/bouchette-steelers-should-take-whatever-they-can-get-for-antonio-brown/

teegre
02-14-2019, 06:44 AM

I didn’t realize that Edmunds had had such a good season. I watched zero Bills games this season. Not one. And, I hadn’t heard much about him, which is logical considering that two other ILBs from his own rookie class were wünderkinds. Darius Leonard and LVE the two front-runners for DROY, and both were named to the All Pro team.

Strangely further though, I heard a few pundits talking about how great this past ILB crop was, mentioning Leonard & LVE (obviously) as well as Fred Warner and Josey Jewel... but, no one was talking about Edmunds (and, again, I watched zero Bills games). Ergo, I truly had no idea how good of a season Edmunds had.

SUMMATION:
I hadn’t realized that. So, sure I’d easily take that Edmunds trade... if the trade for Howard could not be worked out. Because, again, I trust our scouts/coaches to draft & develop an ILB more than I trust them to draft & develop a CB.

Dwinsgames
02-14-2019, 07:43 AM
Bouchette: Steelers should take whatever they can get for Antonio Brown

Posted by Mike Florio on February 13, 2019

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown has said goodbye to Pittsburgh, but the Steelers have yet to say goodbye to Brown. One prominent reporter who covers the team believes they should.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, appearing Wednesday morning on PFT Live, argued that the Steelers should take whatever they can get in trade for Brown, accepting the best offer on the table before his $2.5 million roster bonus becomes due on March 17.

Bouchette believes the Steelers should trade Brown, even if the compensation consists of a conditional seventh-round pick in 2020.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/13/bouchette-steelers-should-take-whatever-they-can-get-for-antonio-brown/

Douchette

AtlantaDan
02-14-2019, 07:47 AM
I wonder if ownership doesn't play hardball with AB just to send a message to him and the rest of the team or any future divas. I'd like to see them do the same thing with Bell.

edit: LOL if he thinks his mustache looks anything near as good as that cartoon

AB apparently thinks he is a free agent, but he achieved escape velocity and lost touch with reality some time ago.

This is is the level of pettiness the Steelers are dealing with

Brown displayed his pettiness by showing a list of recent team MVP awards that conveniently did not include JuJu's name.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-slights-JuJu-Smith-Schuster-over-team-MVP--129064796/

If the Steelers are going to move him for whatever they can get and the choice is a 3rd round pick from somewhere AB might like to go and a 4th round pick from the Bills I doubt the Steelers would take the lower offer - but it would be tempting.

86WARD
02-14-2019, 07:54 AM
As far as the $21 million goes...

That is a huge hit for the Steelers, and other teams are basically getting AB at a discount (they are not paying him that money/they are getting AB cheaper than his real value). Ergo, a player and a R1 pick is almost a "must".

Or...

Xavien Howard wants a new deal. Maybe there is a sign & trade, where Howard is extended by the Dolphins and his signing bonus is absorbed by them (much like how the Steelers are on the hook for AB's signing bonus). In which case, I would be fine with trading Howard for AB (since we would be getting Howard for a reduced rate... and could then sign another free agent).

Howard and a 1 and I’m fine.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-14-2019, 08:10 AM
I didn’t realize that Edmunds had had such a good season. I watched zero Bills games this season. Not one. And, I hadn’t heard much about him, which is logical considering that two other ILBs from his own rookie class were wünderkinds. Darius Leonard and LVE the two front-runners for DROY, and both were named to the All Pro team.

Strangely further though, I heard a few pundits talking about how great this past ILB crop was, mentioning Leonard & LVE (obviously) as well as Fred Warner and Josey Jewel... but, no one was talking about Edmunds (and, again, I watched zero Bills games). Ergo, I truly had no idea how good of a season Edmunds had.

SUMMATION:
I hadn’t realized that. So, sure I’d easily take that Edmunds trade... if the trade for Howard could not be worked out. Because, again, I trust our scouts/coaches to draft & develop an ILB more than I trust them to draft & develop a CB.

Yeah, I caught a few Bills games on TV this year and Edmunds is always around the football and making tackles. Also, the 20 year old had the body language to me of 3rd year Patrick Willis, not a 20 year old rookie. I recall how the Edmunds family values were noted when Terrell Edmunds was drafted by the Steelers, so his brother being a hard working guy, a leader that does all the right things isn't surprising.

I think that LVE was more in the national conversation due to the Cowboys, as compared to Edmunds being with the Bills and that isn't surprising to me. Look at the stat line

Vander Esch ---140 tackles, 7 passes defended, 0 sacks, 2 INT, 0 Forced fumbles
Edmunds--------121 tackles, 12 passes defended, 2 sacks, 2 INT, 2 Forced fumbles

Edmunds is also a more explosive athlete and maybe its because he is a bit lighter than Vander Esch. His 4.54 40 time at the combine as opposed to LVE 4.65, shows that he can run with TE's and chase down ballcarriers better IMO. If the Ravens are going to feature LaMarr Jackson at QB, then I really want a 6'5" 250lb guy that runs a 4.54 to inflict punishment. Not Jon Bostic or Vince Willams.

I would love the Edmunds trade, but something tells me the Bills wont want to part with him. Although Josh Allen needs help at WR other than Zay Jones.

Dwinsgames
02-14-2019, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I caught a few Bills games on TV this year and Edmunds is always around the football and making tackles. Also, the 20 year old had the body language to me of 3rd year Patrick Willis, not a 20 year old rookie. I recall how the Edmunds family values were noted when Terrell Edmunds was drafted by the Steelers, so his brother being a hard working guy, a leader that does all the right things isn't surprising.

I think that LVE was more in the national conversation due to the Cowboys, as compared to Edmunds being with the Bills and that isn't surprising to me. Look at the stat line

Vander Esch ---140 tackles, 7 passes defended, 0 sacks, 2 INT, 0 Forced fumbles
Edmunds--------121 tackles, 12 passes defended, 2 sacks, 2 INT, 2 Forced fumbles

Edmunds is also a more explosive athlete and maybe its because he is a bit lighter than Vander Esch. His 4.54 40 time at the combine as opposed to LVE 4.65, shows that he can run with TE's and chase down ballcarriers better IMO. If the Ravens are going to feature LaMarr Jackson at QB, then I really want a 6'5" 250lb guy that runs a 4.54 to inflict punishment. Not Jon Bostic or Vince Willams.

I would love the Edmunds trade, but something tells me the Bills wont want to part with him. Although Josh Allen needs help at WR other than Zay Jones.

would love to have Edmunds , that said its wishful thinking ...

I would love to upgrade BOTH ILB spots with hit and run linebackers who can cover and run sideline to sideline .. the more confusion you can create with speed and who is going to be were the better IMO

Shoes
02-14-2019, 01:02 PM
AB has more parking space between his ears than L Bell! I never thought I'd see the day! :old::old:

hawaiiansteeler
02-14-2019, 02:08 PM
Howard and a 1 and I’m fine.

"in early January, Jim Wexell was reporting that one Steelers insider told him that the best they might get for Brown is a 3rd round pick. Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette quoted an anonymous NFL personnel man as saying the best Brown could net would be a conditional 4th round pick."

http://steelcurtainrising.com/2019/02/steelers-antonio-brown-request-trade-draft-colbert-rooney-tomlin.html/

86WARD
02-14-2019, 02:52 PM
Douchette is saying the Steelers should accept a conditional 7th round pick now. He’s an idiot.

AB has zero leverage no matter what he wants. If he threatens to sit out then a team just traded and sits on his rights until he decides to play and pays him nothing. It’s a no risk trade for any team to take a first round pick and give it up for AB. Take a chance and get Bud Dupree / Ziggy Hood or TJ Watt / JJ Watt or take the guarantee of a talent like AB or nothing? I give a first round pick up for AB every time especially if I have a need at WR.

SteelMember
02-14-2019, 03:08 PM
I think Ed is looking for any nugget on this story because he was deemed a "clown" and his feelin's was hurt.
Now, it looks like AB want's to be the main act in the big top...

hawaiiansteeler
Douchette is saying the Steelers should accept a conditional 7th round pick now. He’s an idiot.

AB has zero leverage no matter what he wants. If he threatens to sit out then a team just traded and sits on his rights until he decides to play and pays him nothing. It’s a no risk trade for any team to take a first round pick and give it up for AB. Take a chance and get Bud Dupree / Ziggy Hood or TJ Watt / JJ Watt or take the guarantee of a talent like AB or nothing? I give a first round pick up for AB every time especially if I have a need at WR.

Steelers are reportedly asking for a 1st round draft choice, with Arizona and the 49ers the most likely landing spots.

86WARD
Does anyone else I think the retirement of Richard Mann is when AB started to spiral? I feel like Mann was the one who was managing AB and keeping him in check and when he left AB had no more “structure.”

Mojouw
02-14-2019, 04:03 PM
Does anyone else I think the retirement of Richard Mann is when AB started to spiral? I feel like Mann was the one who was managing AB and keeping him in check and when he left AB had no more “structure.”

I think it is the $$$ that Julio, Hopkins, and OBJ pulled in. As well as the attention given to players like OBJ and Juju that AB is clearly better than. He simply can't handle it.

If you fueled your entire rise to the top on disrespect that drove a phenomenal work effort, what do you do when everyone agrees you are the best? You invent things to continue to feed that disrespect engine that drives your motivation and training.

AB is just joining a long list of egocentric athletes that eventually burns themselves out.

vader29
02-14-2019, 04:04 PM
AB has more parking space between his ears than L Bell! I never thought I'd see the day! :old::old:

https://i.ibb.co/Dzn1JBB/22.jpg

AtlantaDan
02-14-2019, 05:59 PM

2016 seems to be the season serious acting out kicked in with the repeated penalties for excessive celebrations after TDs and the Facebook streaming from the locker room

Maybe Mann was someone who could calm AB down while he was at work but the incidents where the cops were called to AB’s residences in both PA and FL during the past year indicate AB has been having a 24/7 meltdown

Hopefully AB does not socialize with folks who deal with someone who gets unpleasant by shooting them

steelreserve
02-14-2019, 06:37 PM
Hopefully AB does not socialize with folks who deal with someone who gets unpleasant by shooting them

Fuck it, after he gets traded (since that seems to be what's going to happen), let him hang out with violent coke dealers and go totally off the rails, not our problem anymore.

Don't need to wish someone well when their way of exiting is basically to take a shit on the floor on their way out.

AtlantaDan
02-14-2019, 06:45 PM
Fuck it, after he gets traded (since that seems to be what's going to happen), let him hang out with violent coke dealers and go totally off the rails, not our problem anymore.

Don't need to wish someone well when their way of exiting is basically to take a shit on the floor on their way out.

Hoping someone who is bailing on the Steelers does not end up getting shot is hardly wishing them well but maybe my view on that indicates I am not a True Fan

FWIW if AB is reporting to the authorities pistols have been stolen from him he already may be in situations where carrying a firearm when you go out is as expected as not forgetting to have your smartphone with you

steelreserve
02-14-2019, 06:56 PM
Hoping someone who is bailing on the Steelers does not end up getting shot is hardly wishing them well but maybe my view on that indicates I am not a True Fan

FWIW if AB is reporting to the authorities pistols have been stolen from him he already may be in situations where carrying a firearm when you go out is as expected as not forgetting to have your smartphone with you

I don't hope he gets shot, but if/when he's off the team, I don't care what stupid shit happens because of his own dumb actions.

The second part of your statement is most likely right on the money. I don't really have him pegged as the type who runs with gang friends from back home or anything - but boy would I be completely unsurprised to hear he was at the scene when shots were fired after an altercation outside a nightclub at 2 a.m.

Dwinsgames
02-14-2019, 07:30 PM
steelers seeking 1st round pick for Brown

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/NFL-GM-Steelers-will-seek-a-1st-round-pick-for-Antonio-Brown-129100664/ (https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/NFL-GM-Steelers-will-seek-a-1st-round-pick-for-Antonio-Brown-129100664/)

Dwinsgames
02-14-2019, 08:03 PM
AB is reporting to the authorities pistols have been stolen from him he already may be in situations where carrying a firearm when you go out is as expected as not forgetting to have your smartphone with you

truth be told I always have a firearm on me , I rarely have a smart phone with me ....

I would rather have a gun and not need it than to not have one and need it ...

most times I do not want bothered with a phone thats why I left the house

Iron Steeler
02-14-2019, 08:22 PM
Does AB have any say where he goes? Or can we trade him to who ever?

Hopefully somewhere awful like the bills

DesertSteel
02-14-2019, 08:31 PM
He can make noise about holding out to scare teams away (which he would do), but otherwise he has no say as being under contract for three more years.

steelreserve
02-14-2019, 08:39 PM
truth be told I always have a firearm on me , I rarely have a smart phone with me ....

I would also imagine you're not careless with your guns, leaving them laying around where they get "stolen" and shit ... I don't know how you would lose track of a gun you were carrying with you in public, unless you were an idiot.

vader29
02-14-2019, 08:43 PM
He can make noise about holding out to scare teams away (which he would do), but otherwise he has no say as being under contract for three more years.

86WARD
02-14-2019, 08:46 PM
I think it is the $$$ that Julio, Hopkins, and OBJ pulled in. As well as the attention given to players like OBJ and Juju that AB is clearly better than. He simply can't handle it.

If you fueled your entire rise to the top on disrespect that drove a phenomenal work effort, what do you do when everyone agrees you are the best? You invent things to continue to feed that disrespect engine that drives your motivation and training.

AB is just joining a long list of egocentric athletes that eventually burns themselves out.

He’s making a million more than any other receiver in 2019 isn’t he?

AtlantaDan
02-14-2019, 08:49 PM

Always?

You are carrying when you go out to dinner or the grocery store?

Not criticizing just surprised.

Born2Steel
02-14-2019, 09:04 PM
The entire reasoning for the cel phone is so you can have it should you ever need it, anytime, anywhere. The same applies for the handgun.

Funny but true, I have a cousin that wore his sidearm to our grandmother's funeral. Not that I would have known if he hadn't felt the need to tell everyone he had it. Individually.

"I always carry my sidearm."
"I always carry a condom."
"What are you prepared for?"

"You should only worry about being a marksman at 20-25 feet away. Any further away and you shouldn't be shooting at them."

Shoes
02-14-2019, 10:06 PM
I've been reading in a few places where the Rams may make a move for AB. Some of the trade fodder was Brandin Cooks(25yrs), Robert Woods(26yrs), Marcus Peters(26 yrs), Michael Brockers (28 yrs).

Dwinsgames
02-14-2019, 10:40 PM
Always?

You are carrying when you go out to dinner or the grocery store?

Not criticizing just surprised.

everywhere ... if my firearm is not welcome I simply go where it is .. period

where /when will you need one ( if ever ? ) nobody knows so back to the saying better to have and not need than to need and not have

- - - Updated - - -

The entire reasoning for the cel phone is so you can have it should you ever need it, anytime, anywhere. The same applies for the handgun.

Funny but true, I have a cousin that wore his sidearm to our grandmother's funeral. Not that I would have known if he hadn't felt the need to tell everyone he had it. Individually.

"I always carry my sidearm."
"I always carry a condom."
"What are you prepared for?"

"You should only worry about being a marksman at 20-25 feet away. Any further away and you shouldn't be shooting at them."

pretty much 21 foot rule .... if any further away the courts can deem you had other options to try and escape ( assuming they are not shooting at you ) ...

deescalate /deescalate /deescalate until its time to quit trying to deescalate and action is then required ( hopefully NEVER )

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-15-2019, 01:12 AM
Steelers are reportedly asking for a 1st round draft choice, with Arizona and the 49ers the most likely landing spots.

Makes sense. Raiders got a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper, so why any less for Brown?

teegre
02-15-2019, 06:38 AM
I've been reading in a few places where the Rams may make a move for AB. Some of the trade fodder was Brandin Cooks(25yrs), Robert Woods(26yrs), Marcus Peters(26 yrs), Michael Brockers (28 yrs).

The NFC West reeeeally wants AB. I wonder when the Seahawks will offer a trade...

Marcus Peters fills a need, and the Rams are on the hook for about $9 million for him. Ergo, they’d be willing to upgrade at WR for that $9 million (while we eat AB’s $21 million). Their R1 pick would be a must.

That said, Peters was given the boot from the Chiefs because he is a headcase. Jalen Ramsey is a headcase whose talent is worth the risk; whereas, Peters simply isn’t good enough to warrant that risk.

SUMMATION:
Trading for Xavien Howard makes too much sense (for all parties involved).

FrancoLambert
02-15-2019, 06:40 AM
I would also imagine you're not careless with your guns, leaving them laying around where they get "stolen" and shit ... I don't know how you would lose track of a gun you were carrying with you in public, unless you were an idiot.

You mean careless such as forgetting that your loaded handgun is packed away in your carry-on bag when you pass through the security checkpoints at airports.

I was shocked when I learned how many loaded guns are confiscated at airports.
How the hell do you forget where your loaded gun is.
No guns for you.

Almost as bad as the parents who “forgot” about their child in the back seat of their car only to return and find them dead from the heat.
No children for you.

AtlantaDan
02-15-2019, 07:47 AM
He’s making a million more than any other receiver in 2019 isn’t he?

Odell Beckham contract valued at $18 million while AB at $17 million

Total guaranteed $$$ also significantly less than Beckham, Mike Evans, and DeAndre Hopkins

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

So AB can convince himself he is “underpaid” and deserves a reworked deal

As Mojouw has posted, the Steelers practice of not formally guaranteeing a higher % of a contract is going to get more pushback since other teams are going down that road

zulater
02-15-2019, 08:42 AM
Makes sense. Raiders got a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper, so why any less for Brown?

Baggage and age. Cooper never quit on his team, had sideline meltdowns,or threw furniture off balconies or pushed down (one of many) his baby momma. Honestly I don't see how anyone could trade for AB without some sort of official mental evaluation.

Dwinsgames
02-15-2019, 10:44 AM

AtlantaDan
02-15-2019, 11:12 AM

Video of AB elaborating upon this tweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoex0oOswx4

Mojouw
02-15-2019, 11:58 AM

Total guaranteed $$$ also significantly less than Beckham, Mike Evans, and DeAndre Hopkins

As Mojouw has posted, the Steelers practice of not formally guaranteeing a higher % of a contract is going to get more pushback since other teams are going down that road

That explains it with more clarity than I was! Also, Sammy Watkins getting $16 million dollars is going to cause everyone all kinds of grief. Agents will use that as a new market benchmark.

steelreserve
02-15-2019, 12:19 PM
That explains it with more clarity than I was! Also, Sammy Watkins getting $16 million dollars is going to cause everyone all kinds of grief. Agents will use that as a new market benchmark.

"This guy got a big $16M contract and performed terribly, so CLEARLY $16M is now the market value for terrible performance and my client is worth twice that much. No buts - the market has spoken!"

You gotta love agents' logic, it would be hilarious except that some of their clients (L. Bell-Einstein) are so dumb that they cannot tell the difference between rhetorical arguments and reality, and will actually believe the rhetorical argument and go to the mat for it.

86WARD
02-15-2019, 12:29 PM

What you listed is average though. ABs 2019 cap hit is much bigger than anyone else...by far.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190215/17cc351e8eb0410802ac895268b03f95.jpg

Here’s some other numbers for reference if anyone is curious...his guaranteed money is embarrassing:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190215/1592267f026dab0d70ccf5233a27fc04.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190215/61f6b006aac4f5fabc8c6a6ae8e92b3a.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190215/73671c5c11cc9eac47e6380d5d23d417.jpg

86WARD
02-15-2019, 12:31 PM

No thanks. Cooper Kupp and a first round pick is where I would start.

Mojouw
02-15-2019, 12:35 PM
What you listed is average though. ABs 2019 cap hit is much bigger than anyone else...by far.

You are working through this on a basis of logic and unemotional rationality. That is not where AB and (likely) Rosenhaus are coming from. They will use any perceived slight and way of slicing up the #'s to argue/believe that AB is underpaid.

steelreserve
02-15-2019, 12:49 PM
Here’s some other numbers for reference if anyone is curious...his guaranteed money is embarrassing:

Wait though, why are we eating $21M in dead money if we release him? Oh that's right, because that's also guaranteed money, otherwise it wouldn't turn into dead money. So:

https://i.imgur.com/0eXEuVE.jpg

See AB, I can do things with numbers too!

Shoes
02-15-2019, 01:05 PM
No thanks. Cooper Kupp and a first round pick is where I would start.

I'd be ok with that :chuckle:

86WARD
02-15-2019, 03:03 PM
You are working through this on a basis of logic and unemotional rationality. That is not where AB and (likely) Rosenhaus are coming from. They will use any perceived slight and way of slicing up the #'s to argue/believe that AB is underpaid.

Very true...lol

GBMelBlount
02-15-2019, 07:20 PM
Have not read many articles or threads. I am just curious. If Brown gets traded, what are the probabilities they can work the deal so it favors the Steelers. His contract is very Steelers friendly, right, so I wonder if appeasing him could possibly benefit them?