PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown Reportedly Involved In Domestic Dispute

steelerdude15
02-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers Wide Receiver Antonio Brown Reportedly Involved In Domestic Dispute

According to reports, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown has been involved in a domestic dispute.

TMZ first reported the news that Brown was part of a domestic violence investigation in January. He has not been arrested.

Sources told TMZ that a woman contacted the Hollywood Police Department in Florida about the incident.

Read More: https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/02/05/brown-domestic-dispute/

AtlantaDan
02-05-2019, 11:35 AM

fansince'76
02-05-2019, 11:45 AM
And the hits keep coming...

Edman
02-05-2019, 11:50 AM
This week, on "Days Of Our Steelers".

Born2Steel
02-05-2019, 12:00 PM
Another headline that should read, “Nothing to see here”. At least nothing yet. But let’s all start making rash judgements.

steelerdude15
02-05-2019, 12:09 PM
I really hope he didn't do anything. All we can do is wait for more information at this point.

Mojouw
02-05-2019, 12:41 PM
Yet another reason that NFL teams absolutely need to employ and utilize mental health professionals. From the distanced perspective we can get through the media - all the warning signs are there of someone dealing with some issues.

Doesn't excuse things, but offers a bit of an explanation perhaps -- hard to tell from so far outside.

86WARD
02-05-2019, 12:48 PM
Maybe the worst Madden Curse of All-Time...

steelreserve
02-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Since they tend to arrest the male at the drop of a hat in these situations, I would think it makes sense to cool your jets until they at least do that ... if true, it would be disappointing to say the least.

Shoes
02-05-2019, 01:07 PM
If a player is involved in DV and is guilty is does the team still have to pay out the money on the existing contract?

hawaiiansteeler
02-05-2019, 01:07 PM
it's Mike Tomlin's fault...

steel striker
02-05-2019, 01:10 PM
I guess Ben will get blame for this from the so called experts as well.

steelerdude15
02-05-2019, 01:11 PM
If a player is involved in DV and is guilty is does the team still have to pay out the money on the existing contract?

It would depend on the language in the contract. I would imagine that if he were to be cut for something like this, they would still have to pay him most of his money, but I could be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the worst Madden Curse of All-Time...

You're not kidding.

Devilsdancefloor
02-05-2019, 01:26 PM
:frusty:

zulater
02-05-2019, 01:48 PM
Another headline that should read, “Nothing to see here”. At least nothing yet. But let’s all start making rash judgements.

Whether he did anything wrong or not the appearance is bad. Particularly when you combine it with everything else that's happened going back to the alleged furniture toss from the balcony. Even if he's innocent being in an unhinged relationship is going to damage potential return for the Steelers. Think of it, you're a potential suitor, at the very least this will make you reconsider what your top bid will be.

BlackAndGold
02-05-2019, 02:02 PM
I'm a believer in the Madden curse now smh.

Honestly though this guy is dealing with a mental illness. Get checked before your actions get worse.

hawaiiansteeler
02-05-2019, 03:00 PM
Antonio Brown’s lawyer calls misconduct allegations “baseless and false”

Posted by Josh Alper on February 5, 2019

Antonio Brown‘s lawyer has responded to word that his client was involved, but not arrested, in a domestic dispute in Florida last month.

Hollywood, Florida police confirmed that they looked into an allegation of misconduct made against Brown before determining that he would not be arrested. Brown’s attorney Darren Heitner denied any wrongdoing by his client.

“The allegations are baseless and false,” Heitner said in a statement to ESPN. “It’s unfortunate that the media is trying to use distractions like this and prior stories in an effort to tarnish my client’s name and reputation. We have no further comment.”

Steelers spokesman Burt Lauten issued a statement to PFT on Tuesday.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/05/antonio-browns-lawyer-calls-misconduct-allegations-baseless-and-false/https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/05/antonio-browns-lawyer-calls-misconduct-allegations-baseless-and-false/

steelreserve
02-05-2019, 03:28 PM

It would depend on the language in the contract. I would imagine that if he were to be cut for something like this, they would still have to pay him most of his money, but I could be wrong.

Non-guaranteed contracts are exactly that, non-guaranteed. We could release him tomorrow for no reason whatsoever, and not have to pay him another dime.

What we cannot get out of, however, is the cap hit from all the bonus money and restructure money (same thing really) that we've already paid him. As soon as he's off the team for any reason, we eat all the remaining amount at once as dead money and there's nothing we can do to change that because it's money we already paid.

tl;dr version - it doesn't change a thing, and getting rid of him would still really suck from a cap perspective no matter how we did it.

steelreserve
02-05-2019, 03:37 PM
“The allegations are baseless and false,” Heitner said in a statement to ESPN. “It’s unfortunate that the media is trying to use distractions like this and prior stories in an effort to tarnish my client’s name and reputation. We have no further comment.”

Do they really need to pay a lawyer to make these kinds of statements? You could probably code an accusation-vehement-legal-denial bot in about 10 minutes and just copy/paste the text from here on out. Have a drop-down menu to select the crime, switch up the "baseless" with a "frivolous" or "meritless" every once in a while and you should be good to go.

edit: Actually, I've got a better idea, maybe I'll make another thread about that

86WARD
02-05-2019, 09:48 PM
I’m thinking the police just can’t find him because of the blonde mustache disguise...silly po-po.

st33lersguy
02-05-2019, 09:53 PM
They should just trade him, start over. Not like this team will be winning a Super Bowl anytime soon with Brown anyway

86WARD
02-06-2019, 05:12 AM
They should just trade him, start over. Not like this team will be winning a Super Bowl anytime soon with Brown anyway

Now his value is going to be in the garbage...lol.

EzraTank
02-06-2019, 08:07 AM
This is what happens when you hand millions to people with no social skills that have been told they were better than everyone else because they can catch a football.

steelerdude15
02-06-2019, 12:31 PM
Antonio Brown accused of shoving the mother of one of his children to the ground

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown is accused of shoving the mother of one of his children after she dropped of their child at his house, according to an incident report released Wednesday by police in Florida.filed to the Hollywood, Fla., police department.

On Jan. 17, Wiltrice Davay Jackson, 30, of Miami Gardens, told the Hollywood Police Department that she went to drop off their daughter at Brown’s Florida residence and wanted to be reimbursed for a hair appointment. Brown opened the door and let his daughter inside, but Jackson was not allowed to enter the home.

Jackson returned to the front door and yelled for Brown, asking for her money. When Brown reopened the door, Jackson positioned her body in the doorway so Brown could not close the door. Brown told Jackson she was not allowed on his property and proceeded to push her to the ground with both hands, according to the report.

Read More: https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/02/06/antonio-brown-domestic-dispute-florida/stories/201902060112

Born2Steel
02-06-2019, 12:38 PM
Why use the language “mother of his child”? Why not say “Intruder at his door”?

Dwinsgames
02-06-2019, 12:43 PM
his trade value is dropping like a rock ...

we are a drug arrest away from looking at a bag of used footballs and a kicking tee as compensation

- - - Updated - - -

guessing he told her to take the daughter for the hair apt and he would reimburse ...

time came to live up to the deal and he was stoned and didnt want bothered and pushed her down .....

either way he is a piece of shit in my book

st33lersguy
02-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Sounds like the baby mama has some fault. Trying to get into the residence uninvited.

Born2Steel
02-06-2019, 12:49 PM
That makes no difference. If she stepped inside his door to prevent him from closing(she is not a resident) after he told her to leave his property, he has some right to remove her. He didn’t strike her or shoot her. What’s the real problem here? Retell the story using any 2 other people.

I didn’t find the part where he was stoned.

AtlantaDan
02-06-2019, 12:55 PM
When NFL Films prepares the A Football Life episode for AB, video of the blonde moustache interviews in Atlanta last week, AB in twitter wars with Clark & Sanders, and the TMZ domestic abuse headline will be a good lead in to the commercial break around the 40 minute mark to frame AB going through what the narrator will describe as “difficult times.” The allegations in the police report look sketchy even if you buy the woman’s version of events but AB is not in the best of positions to have the benefit of the doubt and is a magnet for these sorts of stories given his conduct over the past year - may not be “fair” but he has torched his reputation with his non-football actions.

Final segment after the commercial break will be either the usual story of redemption ending with Ben presenting AB for induction at Canton or something pretty grim. Based on how the last year has gone the unhappy ending is gaining traction.

AtlantaDan
02-06-2019, 01:07 PM

Yep - Framing how the woman is identified gives away the game on what narrative is being shopped.

Depending if you go with “victim,” “mother of his child,” “intruder” or “baby mama” sets up nicely how the incident is defined after that.

Would be interesting to know if AB or his representative and the woman had any further discussions before she tried to withdraw the claim. That has been known to impede investigations involving other Steelers in the past.

Mojouw
02-06-2019, 01:09 PM
Crappy people revealed to be crappy people. Also in the news today, water is wet, the sky is blue, fire is hot, and ice is cold.

tube517
02-06-2019, 01:12 PM
Change his last name to Cromartie and it all starts to make sense now. :scratchchin:

Born2Steel
02-06-2019, 01:13 PM
Yep - Framing how the woman is identified gives away the game on what narrative is being shopped.

Depending if you go with “victim,” “mother of his child,” “intruder” or “baby mama” sets up nicely how the incident is defined after that.

I recently saw a meme(I think it was a meme, old gen here). Anyway, it had Ron Burgandy in an over under panel. Top panel reads “The news used to tell you something happened and you had to decide how you felt about it”. The bottom panel read “Today the news tells you how you should feel and you have to decide if anything actually happened”. I may have even seen it somewhere on this forum. I wouldn’t know where to look though. But damn it rings truth.

HollywoodSteel
02-06-2019, 01:34 PM

we are a drug arrest away from looking at a bag of used footballs and a kicking tee as compensation

- - - Updated - - -

guessing he told her to take the daughter for the hair apt and he would reimburse ...

time came to live up to the deal and he was stoned and didnt want bothered and pushed her down .....

either way he is a piece of shit in my book

You’re obviously entitled to that opinion - and if the story played out as you assume then I’ll agree that Brown is something of a POS - but you have to admit that you are making assumptions here. I know you’re not a court of law, so you’re free to do that, but don’t you think it’s possible that her version of events isn’t the whole story? We don’t know what he agreed to or what this woman had done to make her unwelcome in his home. I won’t justify any version where he put hands on her to actually hurt her, but there is also no version where she had the right to forcefully enter his home... unless the child was in danger, but that isn’t her claim.

Is there no version of events where a man has the right to not allow an intruder into his home? What ARE his options?
Does he just HAVE to let her inside? Because the intruder can use physical force but the resident of the home has no rights? Or can the resident use the least amount of force possible to remove the intruder from his doorway after REPEATEDLY telling her that she can not enter?

Do we want a society where the man has no rights in this situation?

None of us know exactly what happened except that AB was not arrested. If reasonable evidence existed that a crime occurred, the police HAVE TO arrest him.

The fact that he wasn’t arrested doesn’t prove that AB acted perfectly, but that’s not his responsibility to prove.

Think about the whole Ben accusation thing. He had a pattern of bad behavior. Accusations with no arrests. We are all free to form our own opinions, but I think it’s the league’s (and team’s) responsibility to NOT jump to the conclusions you’re jumping to.

As far as trade value... am I the only one who WANTS his trade value to drop so that the Steelers and AB are forced to put their big boy pants on and work it out?

steel striker
02-06-2019, 02:42 PM
I hate to say this but, I think it time to trade him. Sure no doubt we will miss his production but, his act is getting old. I read somewhere it would be a huge cap like 21 mil?

AtlantaDan
02-06-2019, 03:11 PM
You’re obviously entitled to that opinion - and if the story played out as you assume then I’ll agree that Brown is something of a POS - but you have to admit that you are making assumptions here. I know you’re not a court of law, so you’re free to do that, but don’t you think it’s possible that her version of events isn’t the whole story? We don’t know what he agreed to or what this woman had done to make her unwelcome in his home. I won’t justify any version where he put hands on her to actually hurt her, but there is also no version where she had the right to forcefully enter his home... unless the child was in danger, but that isn’t her claim.

Is there no version of events where a man has the right to not allow an intruder into his home? What ARE his options?
Does he just HAVE to let her inside? Because the intruder can use physical force but the resident of the home has no rights? Or can the resident use the least amount of force possible to remove the intruder from his doorway after REPEATEDLY telling her that she can not enter?

Applicable Florida statute here

Under Section 776.012, Florida Statutes (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.012.html), a person is justified in the use of non-deadly force in self-defense where the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against such other’s imminent use of unlawful force. There is no duty to retreat. If the defendant is in his or her home or vehicle, then, under Section 776.013, Florida Statutes (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.013.html), the law will presume that the defendant had a reasonable fear of imminent death or bodily harm if the alleged victim unlawfully entered or remained or attempted to remove another person against their will. A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter another’s home or vehicle is furthermore presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.

http://www.husseinandwebber.com/case-work/criminal-defense-articles/self-defense-florida/

Of course when you are a high profile personality who has been in numerous sketchy encounters with law enforcement in Florida and Pennsylvania over the past year what you can do and what you might do instead (call the cops to defuse an escalating situation, assuming illegal activities such as illegal drug use would not be found when the authorities arrive) are two different matters

But rather than let matters simmer down why not escalate the situation instead?

This was AB's attorney yesterday

But surprise - AB's attorney does have more to say today

"The complainant unnecessarily involved my client’s minor child in her false reporting, causing irreparable harm to a minor child," Heitner says.

"Therefore, Antonio Brown’s family law attorney, Jaclyn Soroka, Esq. will be filing an action with the Court today, seeking full legal custody of his child accordingly."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/steelers/2019/02/06/antonio-brown-nfl-investigate-domestic-dispute-pittsburgh-steelers/2790732002/

That could be a fun filled custody hearing if the woman wants to fight custody, involving someone who is not likely to be winning any father of the year awards, that might draw Goodell's interest

The primary factors that the court will look at to determine how to award custody are the following:...

2. Parents' mental, physical and moral status;...

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/florida-law/primary-child-custody-factors-in-florida.html

Have you ever used controlled substances in a jurisdiction where the use and possession of those drugs is illegal? How many times and what substances?

Have you ever purchased controlled substances in a jurisdiction where the use and possession of those drugs is illegal? How many times and in what amount?

Have you ever engaged in activity that recklessly endangers the lives of minor children and others (furniture tossing)

Have you ever failed to properly secure firearms ("stolen" guns) and associated with individuals who you contend have engaged in felonious conduct ("stolen" guns and cash reported to PA and FL authorities)

For what purposes was it necessary to have substantial sums of cash that allegedly were stolen from your residence? Have you ever structured deposits and withdrawals of cash to avoid the requirement that banks report to federal authorities cash transactions in excess of $10,000?

Have you ever filed a false police report (reporting the "stolen" vehicle that AB "found" when the police showed up to investigate)?

Add this attorney to the list of individuals who should STFU

GoSlash27
02-06-2019, 04:01 PM

we are a drug arrest away from looking at a bag of used footballs and a kicking tee as compensation.

Well, Boswell *could* use the extra practice :D

vader29
02-06-2019, 04:16 PM

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--JLTi9vC6--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/pdatatj6ktvtupsyc5id.gif

86WARD
02-06-2019, 05:31 PM
Applicable Florida statute here

Under Section 776.012, Florida Statutes (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.012.html), a person is justified in the use of non-deadly force in self-defense where the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against such other’s imminent use of unlawful force. There is no duty to retreat. If the defendant is in his or her home or vehicle, then, under Section 776.013, Florida Statutes (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.013.html), the law will presume that the defendant had a reasonable fear of imminent death or bodily harm if the alleged victim unlawfully entered or remained or attempted to remove another person against their will. A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter another’s home or vehicle is furthermore presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.

http://www.husseinandwebber.com/case-work/criminal-defense-articles/self-defense-florida/

Of course when you are a high profile personality who has been in numerous sketchy encounters with law enforcement in Florida and Pennsylvania over the past year what you can do and what you might do instead (call the cops to defuse an escalating situation, assuming illegal activities such as illegal drug use would not be found when the authorities arrive) are two different matters

But rather than let matters simmer down why not escalate the situation instead?

This was AB's attorney yesterday

But surprise - AB's attorney does have more to say today

"The complainant unnecessarily involved my client’s minor child in her false reporting, causing irreparable harm to a minor child," Heitner says.

"Therefore, Antonio Brown’s family law attorney, Jaclyn Soroka, Esq. will be filing an action with the Court today, seeking full legal custody of his child accordingly."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/steelers/2019/02/06/antonio-brown-nfl-investigate-domestic-dispute-pittsburgh-steelers/2790732002/

That could be a fun filled custody hearing if the woman wants to fight custody, involving someone who is not likely to be winning any father of the year awards, that might draw Goodell's interest

The primary factors that the court will look at to determine how to award custody are the following:...

2. Parents' mental, physical and moral status;...

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/florida-law/primary-child-custody-factors-in-florida.html

Have you ever used controlled substances in a jurisdiction where the use and possession of those drugs is illegal? How many times and what substances?

Have you ever purchased controlled substances in a jurisdiction where the use and possession of those drugs is illegal? How many times and in what amount?

Have you ever engaged in activity that recklessly endangers the lives of minor children and others (furniture tossing)

Have you ever failed to properly secure firearms ("stolen" guns) and associated with individuals who you contend have engaged in felonious conduct ("stolen" guns and cash reported to PA and FL authorities)

For what purposes was it necessary to have substantial sums of cash that allegedly were stolen from your residence? Have you ever structured deposits and withdrawals of cash to avoid the requirement that banks report to federal authorities cash transactions in excess of $10,000?

Have you ever filed a false police report (reporting the "stolen" vehicle that AB "found" when the police showed up to investigate)?

Add this attorney to the list of individuals who should STFU

What makes you say AB isn’t a good father? Just because he’s an entitled asshole diva at times doesn’t mean he’s not good at being a father.

AtlantaDan
02-06-2019, 06:00 PM
What makes you say AB isn’t a good father? Just because he’s an entitled asshole diva at times doesn’t mean he’s not good at being a father.

I said he was not likely to be winning any father of the year awards - the Florida statute I cited described the statutory factors that are relevant to getting custody of your child (aka being determined by the court a good parent). AB checks boxes for apparent misconduct that do not argue in favor of getting exclusive custody. You can love your children and still be deemed a lousy parent by a court.

As part of being an entitled asshole diva he also had to be taken to court after he fell behind on child support payments and violated the terms of visitation rights. Keeping current on child support payments when you are not between jobs and have the cash is IMO on the to do list for being a good father, but that's just me.

In legal docs filed in Florida, Shameika Brailsford -- who had a child with Brown back in 2007 -- claimed the NFL star failed to cough up child support for the last eight months ... to the tune of $6,000. Despite Brown's big payday, his child support obligation is only $750 a month

After reviewing the case, a judge came back last month and sided with Shameika. Brown was ordered to fork over the cash. He was also ordered to follow the custody rules ... i.e. let Shameika see her kid.

https://www.tmz.com/2012/11/11/nfl-antonio-brown-steelers-child-support-payments/

Of course I suppose what really matters are cute photo ops at post game press conferences with your kids.

As I have posted repeatedly, I really do not give a damn what these guys are like away from the Steelers until it starts impacting their performance.

If AB acting out or seeking custody opens up a can of worms on conduct that gets him suspended or tanks his trade value that is of interest to me.

Dwinsgames
02-06-2019, 06:34 PM

:chuckle::chuckle:

NCSteeler
02-06-2019, 06:38 PM
Is this guy intentionally running his trade value in the ground. Seriously WTF are you doing dumbass

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

86WARD
02-06-2019, 07:55 PM
I said he was not likely to be winning any father of the year awards - the Florida statute I cited described the statutory factors that are relevant to getting custody of your child (aka being determined by the court a good parent). AB checks boxes for apparent misconduct that do not argue in favor of getting exclusive custody. You can love your children and still be deemed a lousy parent by a court.

As part of being an entitled asshole diva he also had to be taken to court after he fell behind on child support payments and violated the terms of visitation rights. Keeping current on child support payments when you are not between jobs and have the cash is IMO on the to do list for being a good father, but that's just me.

In legal docs filed in Florida, Shameika Brailsford -- who had a child with Brown back in 2007 -- claimed the NFL star failed to cough up child support for the last eight months ... to the tune of $6,000. Despite Brown's big payday, his child support obligation is only $750 a month

After reviewing the case, a judge came back last month and sided with Shameika. Brown was ordered to fork over the cash. He was also ordered to follow the custody rules ... i.e. let Shameika see her kid.

https://www.tmz.com/2012/11/11/nfl-antonio-brown-steelers-child-support-payments/

Of course I suppose what really matters are cute photo ops at post game press conferences with your kids.

As I have posted repeatedly, I really do not give a damn what these guys are like away from the Steelers until it starts impacting their performance.

If AB acting out or seeking custody opens up a can of worms on conduct that gets him suspended or tanks his trade value that is of interest to me.

Still doesn’t mean he’s a lousy parent. You can be a dickhead, an asshole, a diva or all of them but still be a good parent to your kids. Also not having custody of your kid doesn’t mean your a bad parent. In a lot of cases the person that has primary custody isn’t the better parent.

DesertSteel
02-06-2019, 08:58 PM
Still doesn’t mean he’s a lousy parent. You can be a dickhead, an asshole, a diva or all of them but still be a good parent to your kids. Also not having custody of your kid doesn’t mean your a bad parent. In a lot of cases the person that has primary custody isn’t the better parent.
So you can make millions but skip out on measly $750 child support payments and still be considered a good parent? I have a different definition of a good parent.

86WARD
02-07-2019, 10:24 AM
So you can make millions but skip out on measly $750 child support payments and still be considered a good parent? I have a different definition of a good parent.

How often has he missed payments and is he the one writing the checks?

fansince'76
02-07-2019, 11:22 AM
I understand the league office has now gotten hold of it. Wonder how many games Kommissar Goodell will suspend him for...

DesertSteel
02-07-2019, 11:31 AM
How often has he missed payments and is he the one writing the checks?
What difference does it make who's writing the checks when it's YOUR CHILD?!

AtlantaDan
02-07-2019, 11:48 AM
I understand the league office has now gotten hold of it. Wonder how many games Kommissar Goodell will suspend him for...

Perfect timing that consideration by the league office of this latest mess will not be resolved and create further uncertainty on AB's trade value while the Steelers are trying to trade AB before the $2.5 million roster bonus is due to be paid in March.

DesertSteel
02-07-2019, 12:17 PM
What team wouldn't want a guy who throws TVs off balconies and nearly kills people, pushes women down, and quits on his team in an elimination game? Business is boomin!

86WARD
02-07-2019, 02:40 PM
What difference does it make who's writing the checks when it's YOUR CHILD?!

It makes a big difference if some accountant is the one who just forgets to write a check versus AB/bad dad refusing to write a check.

Question is...how many payments did he miss and are there outstanding payments or was this an accounting error that was corrected later. There’s a very big difference there as well.

DesertSteel
02-07-2019, 03:21 PM
It makes a big difference if some accountant is the one who just forgets to write a check versus AB/bad dad refusing to write a check.

Question is...how many payments did he miss and are there outstanding payments or was this an accounting error that was corrected later. There’s a very big difference there as well.
Matters to you but not me. Or the court for that matter.

86WARD
02-07-2019, 03:27 PM
Matters to you but not me. Or the court for that matter.

So has legal action been taken against him for missing a payment or is this just here-say from a TMZ reporter?

DesertSteel
02-07-2019, 03:32 PM
So has legal action been taken against him for missing a payment or is this just here-say from a TMZ reporter?
Maybe Atlanta Dan can answer that. I’m just speaking as a father.

steelcityboyz
02-07-2019, 03:44 PM
AB reminds me of some of those music groups, who always had that one asshole member who thought he was bigger than the group. Guess what, that Idiot always ended up broke or on drugs, or both. I hope I'm wrong and he changes his ways and reconciles with the team but all I see now is a train wreck.

AtlantaDan
02-07-2019, 03:47 PM

TMZ article I linked said a judge ordered AB to pay six months back child support payments and quit screwing around on denying visitation rights. Unless someone files some sort of motion or complaint, judges have enough to do without randomly asking parents to drop by and let the judge know if everyone is happy with the status of child support payments.

Once a hearing of any kind is set first thing judges usually ask is why are you taking my time up with this rather than just work it out. So before taking AB to court the petitioner probably asked for the money and did not get it, assuming she does not regard paying an attorney and going to court to be fun times. That would indicate it was not a matter of some accountant forgetting to mail the check.

Of course maybe TMZ made the whole thing up as part of the media's years long vendetta against AB. :noidea:

86WARD
02-07-2019, 05:55 PM
Maybe Atlanta Dan can answer that. I’m just speaking as a father.

I'm not disagreeing with you if he's missed multiple payments then the guy is just an asshole. But if it's just one, it could just be a missed payment.

- - - Updated - - -

TMZ article I linked said a judge ordered AB to pay six months back child support payments and quit screwing around on denying visitation rights. Unless someone files some sort of motion or complaint, judges have enough to do without randomly asking parents to drop by and let the judge know if everyone is happy with the status of child support payments.

Once a hearing of any kind is set first thing judges usually ask is why are you taking my time up with this rather than just work it out. So before taking AB to court the petitioner probably asked for the money and did not get it, assuming she does not regard paying an attorney and going to court to be fun times. That would indicate it was not a matter of some accountant forgetting to mail the check.

Of course maybe TMZ made the whole thing up as part of the media's years long vendetta against AB. :noidea:

Well if it really is/was 6 months, then the guy is a flat out asshole. I'm not exactly sure it makes him a bad father as much as just being a prick and making it difficult for the baby momma. Does AB have full custody? From what's written there, it sounds like he does?

AtlantaDan
02-07-2019, 06:59 PM
Well if it really is/was 6 months, then the guy is a flat out asshole. I'm not exactly sure it makes him a bad father as much as just being a prick and making it difficult for the baby momma. Does AB have full custody? From what's written there, it sounds like he does?

You need a scorecard to keep track of the mothers of AB's children

This is from the article published in The Undefeated last year that prompted AB to tweet out a threat to punch the writer (for which AB later made the obligatory pro forma apology)

Eleven-year-old Antonio Jr (https://www.instagram.com/abj/?hl=en). is the son of Shameika Brailsford, an aspiring rapper with two Nicki Minaj-type songs (https://soundcloud.com/ShameikaFord) on Soundcloud. Ten-year-old Antanyiah (https://www.instagram.com/antanyiah/), a budding track star, is the daughter of a hairstylist (https://www.instagram.com/triceyjhairpa/). Brown does not follow either of their mothers on Instagram. Autonomy (https://www.instagram.com/auto/), Ali (https://www.instagram.com/alikingbrown/), and 1-year-old Apollo (https://www.instagram.com/apollob/?hl=en) are the sons of Chelsie Kyriss (https://www.instagram.com/chelsie/), Brown’s current girlfriend.

https://theundefeated.com/features/steelers-antonio-brown-is-an-instagram-all-pro-but-is-that-the-full-picture/

With regard to custody disputes, AB currently is seeking full custody of one daughter because of the "domestic dispute" last month involving the mother of one of his children and subsequent media coverage

The girl's mother, 30-year-old Wiltrice Jackson, told police in January that he pushed her to the ground when she was dropping the daughter off at his Florida mansion. However, police were unable to corroborate Jackson's allegation after she refused to complete a victim affidavit. ...

'Antonio Brown's family law attorney, Jaclyn Soroka, Esq. will be filing an action with the Court today seeking full legal custody of his child accordingly. '
Soroka confirmed Heinter's statement to the Daily Mail, saying that she would be filing a modification action for Brown in Miami on Wednesday, seeking '100 percent or the vast majority' of custody of the couple's daughter.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6675519/Steelers-star-Antonio-Brown-suing-custody-daughter.html

With regard to Ms. Brailsford, the mother of his son Antonio, Jr., to whom AB was ordered to make back child support payments to in 2012, it appears joint custody remains in effect. At least that is my guess based on this exchange of views in 2017. :noidea:

Last summer, Brailsford aired Brown out (http://theybf.com/2017/08/27/antonio-brown’s-son’s-mother-makes-deadbeat-daddy-claims-says-he-calls-his-son-‘that-boy’) on her Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/shameikaford/), accusing him of not paying proper child support, failing to send Antonio Jr. to private school and calling their son “that boy.” She also posted screenshots of text messages where Brown, clearly instigated, called her all sorts of names. “Make your own son b—-,” Brown texted, according to Brailsford’s posts. “I got three more boys here.”

Brown fired back by posting bank statements showing $197,000 in child support payments, plus a Story showing Kyriss holding their newborn son, Apollo, with his tiny middle finger flexed and the caption, “My son sums it up.”

https://theundefeated.com/features/steelers-antonio-brown-is-an-instagram-all-pro-but-is-that-the-full-picture/

AB's life appears to have gone somewhat off the rails.

Mojouw
02-07-2019, 07:58 PM
You need a scorecard to keep track of the mothers of AB's children

This is from the article published in The Undefeated last year that prompted AB to tweet out a threat to punch the writer (for which AB later made the obligatory pro forma apology)

Eleven-year-old Antonio Jr (https://www.instagram.com/abj/?hl=en). is the son of Shameika Brailsford, an aspiring rapper with two Nicki Minaj-type songs (https://soundcloud.com/ShameikaFord) on Soundcloud. Ten-year-old Antanyiah (https://www.instagram.com/antanyiah/), a budding track star, is the daughter of a hairstylist (https://www.instagram.com/triceyjhairpa/). Brown does not follow either of their mothers on Instagram. Autonomy (https://www.instagram.com/auto/), Ali (https://www.instagram.com/alikingbrown/), and 1-year-old Apollo (https://www.instagram.com/apollob/?hl=en) are the sons of Chelsie Kyriss (https://www.instagram.com/chelsie/), Brown’s current girlfriend.

With regard to custody disputes, AB currently is seeking full custody of one daughter because of the "domestic dispute" last month involving the mother of one of his children and subsequent media coverage

The girl's mother, 30-year-old Wiltrice Jackson, told police in January that he pushed her to the ground when she was dropping the daughter off at his Florida mansion. However, police were unable to corroborate Jackson's allegation after she refused to complete a victim affidavit. ...

'Antonio Brown's family law attorney, Jaclyn Soroka, Esq. will be filing an action with the Court today seeking full legal custody of his child accordingly. '
Soroka confirmed Heinter's statement to the Daily Mail, saying that she would be filing a modification action for Brown in Miami on Wednesday, seeking '100 percent or the vast majority' of custody of the couple's daughter.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6675519/Steelers-star-Antonio-Brown-suing-custody-daughter.html

With regard to Ms. Brailsford, the mother of his son Antonio, Jr., to whom AB was ordered to make back child support payments to in 2012, it appears joint custody remains in effect. At least that is my guess based on this exchange of views in 2017. :noidea:

Last summer, Brailsford aired Brown out (http://theybf.com/2017/08/27/antonio-brown’s-son’s-mother-makes-deadbeat-daddy-claims-says-he-calls-his-son-‘that-boy’) on her Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/shameikaford/), accusing him of not paying proper child support, failing to send Antonio Jr. to private school and calling their son “that boy.” She also posted screenshots of text messages where Brown, clearly instigated, called her all sorts of names. “Make your own son b—-,” Brown texted, according to Brailsford’s posts. “I got three more boys here.”

Brown fired back by posting bank statements showing $197,000 in child support payments, plus a Story showing Kyriss holding their newborn son, Apollo, with his tiny middle finger flexed and the caption, “My son sums it up.”

AB's life appears to have gone somewhat off the rails.

Sounds like it was never really on the rails.

86WARD
02-07-2019, 09:11 PM
I’ll be honest...I’m lost...lol

Edman
02-07-2019, 11:21 PM
The Madden Curse takes no prisoners.

Craic
02-07-2019, 11:46 PM
I don't know on this one. She was an uninvited guest in his home. Perhaps the better thing to do was for him to pick up the phone and call the police and tell them the mother of his child was at the door trying to force her way in. Still . . .

What really bothers me is I just don't see the AB of five years ago doing this. He always had a smile on his face and was so laid back. To be honest, I am really concerned about CTE.

teegre
02-08-2019, 06:39 AM
It’s not cool to hit women. I’ve never hit a woman in my life. You should never hit a woman. I would NEVER... EVER... hit a woman. But, I’ll shake the sh!t out of one.

—Chris Rock

86WARD
02-08-2019, 07:35 AM
If a bitch has a weapon or a gun or is attacking me, imma smack the shot out of her. Never say never...lol

GoSlash27
02-08-2019, 08:45 AM
What really bothers me is I just don't see the AB of five years ago doing this.

Hell, I could see *myself* doing this. If my ex ever showed up, tried to force entry into my house, and blocked the door, I'd try to push her out too. Then she'd fall down and accuse me of domestic abuse. I could easily imagine something like that happening.

Difference is he's rich and famous and I'm neither.

Mojouw
02-08-2019, 10:19 AM
There is one weird thing to consider in all this, Florida's "Sunshine Law". This relatively extreme open records law is what leads to all those "Florida Man" internet stories/memes. Long story short, if this dispute happened anywhere besides Florida, the police report(s) are not as readily available to the public and likely no one ever hears about it. Not excusing AB of or for anything, but it is important to provide some context. Some number of his "off-field" incidents are coming to light solely because the state they took place in is easy pickings for celebrity reporters...

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/how-floridas-proud-open-government-laws-lead-to-the-shame-of-florida-man-news-stories-7608595

AtlantaDan
02-08-2019, 10:33 AM
There is one weird thing to consider in all this, Florida's "Sunshine Law". This relatively extreme open records law is what leads to all those "Florida Man" internet stories/memes. Long story short, if this dispute happened anywhere besides Florida, the police report(s) are not as readily available to the public and likely no one ever hears about it. Not excusing AB of or for anything, but it is important to provide some context. Some number of his "off-field" incidents are coming to light solely because the state they took place in is easy pickings for celebrity reporters...

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/how-floridas-proud-open-government-laws-lead-to-the-shame-of-florida-man-news-stories-7608595

Such are the tradeoffs high paid celebrities make for residing where there is no state income tax and a primary residence of unlimited value is protected from creditors. :chuckle:

Mojouw
02-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Such are the tradeoffs high paid celebrities make for residing where there is no state income tax and a primary residence of unlimited value is protected from creditors. :chuckle:

That and I swear half the NFL was born and raised in south Florida!

NCSteeler
02-08-2019, 11:52 AM
That and I swear half the NFL was born and raised in south Florida!Muck Bowl, most recruited HS game ever

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

steelerdude15
02-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Antonio Brown filing for custody of his daughter after alleged domestic incident

Antonio Brown is filing for custody of his daughter in the wake of the mother of the child accusing the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver of domestic misconduct, according to his family attorney.

Jaclyn Soroka, who represents Brown, said in a statement provided to ESPN that Brown has taken legal action to “ensure that his daughter is protected by seeking majority timesharing and decision-making authority.”

Wiltrice Jackson, 30, accused Brown of pushing her to the ground in January when she asked for payment for the daughter’s hair appointment, according to a police report filed in Hollywood, Fla., where Brown has a home.

Read More: https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14593000-74/antonio-brown-filing-for-custody-of-his-daughter-after-alleged-domestic-incident

st33lersguy
02-08-2019, 02:40 PM
They should just let this clown go. Try and trade him

- - - Updated - - -

Antonio Brown filing for custody of his daughter after alleged domestic incident

Antonio Brown is filing for custody of his daughter in the wake of the mother of the child accusing the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver of domestic misconduct, according to his family attorney.

Jaclyn Soroka, who represents Brown, said in a statement provided to ESPN that Brown has taken legal action to “ensure that his daughter is protected by seeking majority timesharing and decision-making authority.”

Wiltrice Jackson, 30, accused Brown of pushing her to the ground in January when she asked for payment for the daughter’s hair appointment, according to a police report filed in Hollywood, Fla., where Brown has a home.

Read More: https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14593000-74/antonio-brown-filing-for-custody-of-his-daughter-after-alleged-domestic-incident

I feel bad for the kid, I don't think either parent is very at parenting

zulater
02-08-2019, 02:54 PM
They should just let this clown go. Try and trade him

- - - Updated - - -

I feel bad for the kid, I don't think either parent is very at parenting

What's AB got, like five different baby momma's for 6 kids? Sorry but that's just an immature jerk. Don't try passing that off to CTE or bad childhood etc... He's 30 year's old. He knows the difference between right and wrong. He just chooses to ignore it.

AtlantaDan
02-08-2019, 02:55 PM

Hope AB’s attorney has figured out how this will not expose AB to being questioned by the judge, the attorney for Ms Jackson, or someone from child services. Those folks may not be as obliging as the sportswriters AB talked with in Atlanta last week.

zulater
02-08-2019, 03:09 PM
Former big time agent Ralph Cindrich has said the Steelers could release AB for cause ( missed MRI and going AWOL for last game) and seek some of his signing bonus back. And perhaps alleviating themselves of his 21 million cap burden for next season in the process. If he's damaged himself to the point that you don't get back more than a 4th round draft choice. (rumor has it the 49ers are out due to the assault cloud) maybe you're better off just getting him off the books and try to gain your cap space cap back?

AtlantaDan
02-08-2019, 03:24 PM
Former big time agent Ralph Cindrich has said the Steelers could release AB for cause ( missed MRI and going AWOL for last game) and seek some of his signing bonus back. And perhaps alleviating themselves of his 21 million cap burden for next season in the process. If he's damaged himself to the point that you don't get back more than a 4th round draft choice. (rumor has it the 49ers are out due to the assault cloud) maybe you're better off just getting him off the books and try to gain your cap space cap back?

Trade him for a box of donuts before releasing him and letting AB pick where he goes.

zulater
02-08-2019, 03:47 PM
Trade him for a box of donuts before releasing him and letting AB pick where he goes.

If I can release him for cause and get the 21 million cap hit back I'll take that over anything less than a 3rd. A lot of teams wont touch him. If the Steelers released him I don't think he would get anything near the 17 million he's due under his current contract.

AtlantaDan
02-08-2019, 04:28 PM
If I can release him for cause and get the 21 million cap hit back I'll take that over anything less than a 3rd. A lot of teams wont touch him. If the Steelers released him I don't think he would get anything near the 17 million he's due under his current contract.

I assume AJRII saying in interviews that AB probably did enough to get paid for week 17 rather than be suspended would be cited if any effort to clawback $21 million that already has been paid was based on failing to report for a MRI and leaving the Bengals game at halftime.

If a player is charged with murder the team has to eat the signing bonus it paid to the player before charges were brought

By releasing Hernandez last month, the Patriots surrendered the chance to try to recoup any portion of the $9.25 million signing bonus they already gave their former tight end as part of the five-year, $40 million contract extension he signed last August.

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4745512/source-pats-wont-pay-hernandez-bonus

FrancoLambert
02-08-2019, 04:32 PM
AB and his baby momma’s are lining up an appearance on the Jerry Springer show.

I’d watch that. Just imagining that made me laugh out loud. But, mostly I’m normal. :lol:

Shoes
02-08-2019, 07:51 PM
I don't know on this one. She was an uninvited guest in his home. Perhaps the better thing to do was for him to pick up the phone and call the police and tell them the mother of his child was at the door trying to force her way in. Still . . .

What really bothers me is I just don't see the AB of five years ago doing this. He always had a smile on his face and was so laid back. To be honest, I am really concerned about CTE.

:chuckle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CJZcVi5BA4

Craic
02-08-2019, 11:47 PM
Hope AB’s attorney has figured out how this will not expose AB to being questioned by the judge, the attorney for Ms Jackson, or someone from child services. Those folks
may not be as obliging as the sportswriters AB talked with in Atlanta last week.

Perhaps that's what he wants? If he's as innocent in the situation as he believes he is something like this will go a long way in clearing his name. No way a judge gives a kid to man who really just abuse the mother of the child. It's also an awfully big risk to take.

AtlantaDan
02-09-2019, 07:50 AM
Perhaps that's what he wants? If he's as innocent in the situation as he believes he is something like this will go a long way in clearing his name. No way a judge gives a kid to man who really just abuse the mother of the child. It's also an awfully big risk to take.

If you are claiming to be the parent who should receive full custody, any hearing on your fitness for custody compared to that of the mother presumably would not be limited to considering the incident at AB’s residence (the Hollywood FL police are reviewing that) but anything else that could impact the welfare of the child (emotional stability such as furniture tossing off balconies, drug use as indicated by AB looking baked in the Atlanta videos, improperly secured weapons in the residence such as those “stolen” from AB).

Not certain potentially opening that door is good for AB, but if AB has a good attorney hopefully the attorney knows how to keep any custody inquiry limited with regard to AB’s lifestyle choices.

What a cluster

Michael
02-09-2019, 09:15 AM
I am done with Antonio Brown, It saddens me and concerns me that fans will make excuses for this man. I will not read any posts about him other than responses after he is traded if in fact he is traded. This young man is so ungrateful and clearly listening to the wrong people. His on the field behavior should have been curbed a few season ago. He appears to have the emotional age of a junior high PUNK. Some one should have kicked his ass a long time ago. Dignity and education are supposed to be a part of going to college. How the hell do these guys even get into college let alone progress while in college ? Listen to a guys like Ty law talk Rod Woodson, Joe Greene and yes even James Harrison then observe and listen to this underdeveloped punk. Some grow with career success and some spoil. I sincerely hope that he has a complete soul searching transformation and apologizes but I am not holding my breath.

86WARD
02-09-2019, 09:31 AM

Are there any examples of that actually happening?