PDA

View Full Version : nfl is offically out of my life

steelamazing
02-03-2019, 11:45 PM
NFL is horrible. games are decided by the refs, replay is used to fine players but cant be used to correct the call on the field, after the 2018 season I am done with the nfl, sort of like i lost interest in the wwf over 40 years ago

Edman
02-04-2019, 12:22 AM
XFL is only two years away. If it doesn't slip on it's own vomit, it may become legit. But that's a big IF.

This year was the straw that broke the back. NFL is officially dead to me. I'm tired of the refball, the politics, and the general incompetence and mediocrity around the league. The Patriots may as well repeat and threepeat and win 8 titles by 2020. They are the only organization with brains in a sea of morons. The rest are too satisfied soothing their own egos to do anything worth a damn, and even those that do are stymied by politics and refball.

The Saints were jobbed against the Rams, the Steelers were jobbed in NO, the jobbing goes on and on, I just do not care anymore.

Michael
02-04-2019, 04:34 AM
XFL is only two years away. If it doesn't slip on it's own vomit, it may become legit. But that's a big IF.

This year was the straw that broke the back. NFL is officially dead to me. I'm tired of the refball, the politics, and the general incompetence and mediocrity around the league. The Patriots may as well repeat and threepeat and win 8 titles by 2020. They are the only organization with brains in a sea of morons. The rest are too satisfied soothing their own egos to do anything worth a damn, and even those that do are stymied by politics and refball.

The Saints were jobbed against the Rams, the Steelers were jobbed in NO, the jobbing goes on and on, I just do not care anymore.

I totally understand your feelings and position. I am so disgusted with most everything about the NFL & Steelers. At this moment I can not say the NFL is dead to me but I may have only one more year left. I will watch what this Steeler leadership does in the year ahead. I believe the two biggest problems are Art Rooney 11 & Tomlin. I have to know more about Art and have to see what he does to be 100 percent certain of my opinion.

I am 110 percent certain about Tomlin. I think he is a liar, bullshitter, plays the media and the ownership and is an absolutely horrible side line coach and has no guts in the locker room.

I think I want to do this one more year and hope it changes. Trading AB would for me be a positive step. Not extending Tomlin's contract would be the real sign that this incompetency has a chance of being reversed. If you do "drop out" I wish you the best but if you stay in the fold I understand.

EzraTank
02-04-2019, 07:37 AM
I understand the angry posts but the Pats won, get over it. They are better coached, have a smarter QB who both can make adjustments and take whatever garbage is around them and spin them into gold.

Did the Pats interfere with Cooks the play before the Ben like INT, yep? But let's not forget the Rams were gifted a spot in the Superbowl by a HORRIBLE call. I still think Brees/Saints win yesterday but you cannot let your whole season ride on ONE bad call.

86WARD
02-04-2019, 08:09 AM
I understand the angry posts but the Pats won, get over it. They are better coached, have a smarter QB who both can make adjustments and take whatever garbage is around them and spin them into gold.

Did the Pats interfere with Cooks the play before the Ben like INT, yep? But let's not forget the Rams were gifted a spot in the Superbowl by a HORRIBLE call. I still think Brees/Saints win yesterday but you cannot let your whole season ride on ONE bad call.

Don’t forget that the Pats were pretty much gifted a spot as well...

EzraTank
02-04-2019, 08:20 AM
Don’t forget that the Pats were pretty much gifted a spot as well...

Not by the refs, but by a moron that lined up offside.

fansince'76
02-04-2019, 08:52 AM

There was also the bogus "roughing the passer" call on the Chiefs that gave them 15 yards and a fresh set of downs at a critical point in that game as well, after Mahomes got earholed earlier in the same game which garnered no call.

NFL officiating as it currently stands is an absolute shitshow - it's the worst I've ever seen it, personally.

EzraTank
02-04-2019, 08:54 AM
There was also the bogus "roughing the passer" call on the Chiefs that gave them 15 yards and a fresh set of downs at a critical point in that game as well, after Mahomes got earholed earlier in the same game which garnered no call.

Plus yesterday's 3 and 22 helmet to helmet call was lame. Yesterday was all about field position and that call gave the Pats a huge first down. I hate those calls.

86WARD
02-04-2019, 08:54 AM

No... it was by the refs.

86WARD
02-04-2019, 08:55 AM
Plus yesterday's 3 and 22 helmet to helmet call was lame. Yesterday was all about field position and that call gave the Pats a huge first down. I hate those calls.

True. Also, if Brady gets hit near the sideline like Goff did and scuffed his helmet, there would’ve been 5 flags and outrage!!

tube517
02-04-2019, 09:59 AM
True. Also, if Brady gets hit near the sideline like Goff did and scuffed his helmet, there would’ve been 5 flags and outrage!!

Someone would have been arrested if that was Brady

smokin3000gt
02-04-2019, 10:00 AM

100%.

That would have been a late hit if it was TB who went to the ground

BlackAndGold
02-04-2019, 10:25 AM
This has been said many of time in the past few years.

Rams win this is a different reaction.

Fire Goodell
02-04-2019, 10:32 AM
This has been said many of time in the past few years.

Rams win this is a different reaction.\

Yeah well, winning is everything in sports

JnK
02-04-2019, 12:50 PM
NFL officiating as it currently stands is an absolute shitshow - it's the worst I've ever seen it, personally.

I am in absolute agreement with you! There were outrageous calls or non-calls in every game I watched this season. Shitshow is putting it mildly.

DesertSteel
02-04-2019, 11:00 PM
See ya later.

smokin3000gt
02-04-2019, 11:06 PM
NFL is horrible. games are decided by the refs, replay is used to fine players but cant be used to correct the call on the field, after the 2018 season I am done with the nfl, sort of like i lost interest in the wwf over 40 years ago

it's been an amazing 3 years and 20 posts.. we will miss you

#neverforget

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
02-04-2019, 11:22 PM
it's been an amazing 3 years and 20 posts.. we will miss you

#neverforget Haha that is funny! Speaking of the WWE I watch a pay preview every couple months. I treat the NfL just like it the last year or two. It gives me 3 hours plus entertainment rooting for The Steelers and win or lose. I move on to something else after 15 minutes when it's over.

Steeldude
02-05-2019, 12:49 PM

Yep. I only watch the Steelers now. I didn't watch or pay attention to the SB at all. I didn't hear who won until the following day.

I used to look forward to the draft, but now I almost don't care. Real football is dead. I stopped watch the NBA around 2002. It's no longer basketball. It's streetball.

Steeldude
02-05-2019, 12:55 PM

Hopefully the XFL works, but I am not holding my breath. I hope they have a zero tolerance rule on drugs.

86WARD
02-05-2019, 09:14 PM
That other league starts Saturday.

Born2Steel
02-06-2019, 07:26 AM
That other league starts Saturday.

Yep. There’s the Association of American Football. I think a lot of their games are on NFL Network too. That’s interesting.

DesertSteel
02-06-2019, 08:26 AM
Yep. There’s the Association of American Football. I think a lot of their games are on NFL Network too. That’s interesting.
It’s my understanding that only one game a week is aired and that is on CBS Sports Network. Unless it changes since I read about it a month ago.

tube517
02-06-2019, 08:28 AM

Troy and Hines are in the front office of the AAF.

Interesting rules:

Teams will have 52 players on each roster, with some selected by a territorial draft.[18] The territory assigned to a team consists of at least five colleges plus designated professional teams, one Canadian Football League, and four NFL teams, for those from

Big Ten and the Big 12 conferences. Only one quarterback can be taken from their region.[19] A quarterbacks-only "Protect or Pick" draft was conducted in November 2018 in which teams may retain their allocated quarterback or select an unprotected quarterback from another team.[20]

Telecasts will feature no television timeouts and 60 percent fewer "full-screen commercials," with the league aiming for an approximate real-time game length of 150 minutes, down from just over 180 in the NFL.[16][21] In turn, the AAF aims to charge more money for the remaining commercial slots, also alluding to product placement opportunities that do not interrupt the game telecast.[1]

All teams must attempt two-point conversions after each touchdown; there will be no extra point kicks.[21]

There will be no kickoffs; halves, odd overtime periods and after scores will begin on each team's own 25-yard line, the same as touchbacks in the NFL and NCAA. In lieu of an onside kick, a team can keep possession of the ball by attempting a scrimmage play from their own 28-yard line and gaining at least 12 yards.[22] (The original proposal for this play had teams making a 10-yard play from the 35-yard line.)[21][2]

The play clock will run only 35 seconds, five seconds shorter than in the NFL. (The league originally proposed a 30-second play clock,[21] but Ebersol concluded that a clock that short would have negative impact on the quality of play.)[1]

Two coach's challenges per team are the only replays; no challenges in last two minutes of either half nor any overtime period, as they are automatic.[21]

Outside organizations will handle head-safety protocols.[14]

In the event of a tie at the end of regulation, a single overtime period will be played, under the high school football rules of the "Kansas Playoff." Each team will begin on their opponent's 10-yard line and be given one possession (four downs) to score. If the score remains tied after each team has been given their possession, the game ends in a tie.[1]

Playoffs will consist of four teams, the top two teams from each conference.[12]

Officiating will have a 9th member called a Sky Judge. This is an off-the-field official reviewing every play using technology like a booth review. The official can call or take away penalties missed or made by the field officials.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_of_American_Football

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaf-2019-how-the-new-alliance-of-american-football-stands-out-in-an-ever-growing-pro-football-landscape/

Born2Steel
02-06-2019, 08:39 AM
It’s my understanding that only one game a week is aired and that is on CBS Sports Network. Unless it changes since I read about it a month ago.

https://fbschedules.com/aaf-schedule/

CBS, TNT, NFLN. I think it’s only an 8 team league so should be able to see them all if you wanted. Looks like they will implement some of the rule changes the NFL has looked into as well. Maybe it’s a rules guinea pig league before the NFL changes a rule to see it in practical use.

DesertSteel
02-06-2019, 08:48 AM
https://fbschedules.com/aaf-schedule/

CBS, TNT, NFLN. I think it’s only an 8 team league so should be able to see them all if you wanted. Looks like they will implement some of the rule changes the NFL has looked into as well. Maybe it’s a rules guinea pig league before the NFL changes a rule to see it in practical use.
Cool. I’m looking forward to it. I’m surprised the NFLN is showing anything outside the NFL.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know what their playoff format is?

tube517
02-06-2019, 09:07 AM
Cool. I’m looking forward to it. I’m surprised the NFLN is showing anything outside the NFL.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know what their playoff format is?

Playoffs will consist of four teams, the top two teams from each conference

Born2Steel
02-06-2019, 09:17 AM
Playoffs will consist of four teams, the top two teams from each conference

This is what I read also. With only 8 teams I guess that makes sense. Another way to consider would be no conferences. 8 teams, top 4 playoff. But this way works for me too. Year 1.

02-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Mike Martz looks bigger then Andy Reid and his man boobs are Epic! Not bad though and so far decent football.

02-09-2019, 09:37 PM
39 RB Watson for the Fleet was the Steeler RB I llke back in 17 ?