PDA

View Full Version : NFL Insider Has Major Update On Steelers WR Antonio Brown

hawaiiansteeler
02-03-2019, 01:02 PM
NFL Insider Has Major Update On Steelers WR Antonio Brown

Andrew Holleran
February 3, 2019

CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora has a major update on Pittsburgh Steelers’ wide receiver Antonio Brown this morning.

Brown, who would like to be traded out of Pittsburgh, has reportedly reiterated his trade demand to the Steelers.

The All-Pro wide receiver could reportedly be on his way to the NFC.

The latest series of negative interactions with Brown, a potential future Hall of Famer, have only served to quash the already fleeting feeling within the organization that some compromise could be reached.

to read rest of article:

https://thespun.com/football/nfl-insider-has-major-update-on-steelers-wr-antonio-brown

Fire Goodell
02-03-2019, 01:18 PM
well that bridge has been torpedoed. hope we get a good trade out of him.

tube517
02-03-2019, 01:20 PM
In other words, nothing we haven't heard already.

Mojouw
02-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Read this a few places and La Canfora writes that AB has reiterated a trade demand to the team via Rosenhaus. However, at least 2 reports in the past week or so claimed that NO trade demand had been issued.

Basically there are competing reports from competing "insiders" claiming anywhere between 0-2 trade demands from AB to the team via his agent...I'm gonna guess none of the reports have the whole story...

Also, FWIW, if there is one team in the NFL that I can see simply just ignoring a contracted player's trade demands it is the Rooney led Steelers. They know they have the fan base (so financial) backing to just let AB piss and moan while he is suspended for conduct detrimental (if this drags into the regular season) and let his trade demands wither on the vine.

smokin3000gt
02-03-2019, 01:59 PM
Brown, who would like to be traded out of Pittsburgh, has reportedly reiterated his trade demand to the Steelers.

The All-Pro wide receiver could reportedly be on his way to the NFC.

Does he have a choice or a say in the situation? I thought that if he was under contract he's a Steeler like it or not but everyone is talking about it like the decision is his and his alone to make..

AtlantaDan
02-03-2019, 02:21 PM
Read this a few places and La Canfora writes that AB has reiterated a trade demand to the team via Rosenhaus. However, at least 2 reports in the past week or so claimed that NO trade demand had been issued.

Basically there are competing reports from competing "insiders" claiming anywhere between 0-2 trade demands from AB to the team via his agent...I'm gonna guess none of the reports have the whole story...

Also, FWIW, if there is one team in the NFL that I can see simply just ignoring a contracted player's trade demands it is the Rooney led Steelers. They know they have the fan base (so financial) backing to just let AB piss and moan while he is suspended for conduct detrimental (if this drags into the regular season) and let his trade demands wither on the vine.

LaCanfora has reported a lot of stuff about disgruntled Steelers, not all of which has panned out

The Philadelphia Eagles (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/PHI/philadelphia-eagles/) are among the teams with interest in Steelers (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/PIT/pittsburgh-steelers/) running back Le'Veon Bell (https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/players/1751828/leveon-bell/), league sources said....

The Steelers would also be open to swapping their disgruntled running back for Seattle's Earl Thomas (https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/players/1245247/earl-thomas/), who has asked for a trade and clashed with management in Seattle

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-have-interest-in-leveon-bell-steelers-open-to-trading-him-for-earl-thomas/

Mojouw
02-03-2019, 02:26 PM
Does he have a choice or a say in the situation? I thought that if he was under contract he's a Steeler like it or not but everyone is talking about it like the decision is his and his alone to make..

That's true. But increasingly the NFL stars are being covered like NBA stars, who can and do force trades all the time.

It's almost like the Twits who cover the NFL don't understand the salary cap and nongauranteed contracts. But I'm sure it's just me.

Shoes
02-03-2019, 02:26 PM

I suppose he can voice what he wants, but the Steelers hold all the cards since he's still under contract. Let's hope we can get an extra R1 for him, 2R ones (ab & our 20 pick) would be great. I think there will be a few teams interested which the more the merrier for the Steelers.

Born2Steel
02-03-2019, 02:30 PM
Ricky Williams tried to pull this with an early retirement. The lawyers told him he would have to pay back over $8M if he did retire. He played out his contract.

86WARD
02-03-2019, 02:41 PM
LaConfora has been wrong just as many if not more times than he has been right. He and Rappaport are buffoons when it comes to breaking a story with accuracy.

Born2Steel
02-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Not sure why this is considered a "Major Update" or any type of breaking news at all. I think we have about 7 threads on here talking about this already. Maybe he just heard?

teegre
02-03-2019, 03:23 PM
La Conforta’s best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from a guy who knows this kid who heard AB say it at Baskin Robbins last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

Mojouw
02-03-2019, 03:25 PM
La Conforta’s best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from a guy who knows this kid who heard AB say it at Baskin Robbins last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

THat used to be how you found out someone likes you and you were dating.

Drives home the point that Twitter is basically a way for grown folks to keep acting like high school girls.

teegre
02-03-2019, 03:31 PM
THat used to be how you found out someone likes you and you were dating.

Drives home the point that Twitter is basically a way for grown folks to keep acting like high school girls.

Pffft... you have some nerve saying that in them shoes.

st33lersguy
02-03-2019, 04:03 PM
So nothing we haven't already heard. Meanwhile, I have inside information that grass will still be green this upcoming week

Mojouw
02-03-2019, 04:21 PM
Pffft... you have some nerve saying that in them shoes.

Oh yeah....that top is why no one wants to sit next to you in English class. Cow!

86WARD
02-03-2019, 07:35 PM
AB tweets out today asking Steelers fans if they want him back next season...lol.

teegre
02-04-2019, 06:49 AM
Oh yeah....that top is why no one wants to sit next to you in English class. Cow!

My grandmamma gave me this top right before she died... from cancer... while saving a bus load of blind school children.

Shoes
02-04-2019, 06:51 AM
AB tweets out today asking Steelers fans if they want him back next season...lol.

And Edelman gets SB MVP. :chuckle:

Mojouw
02-04-2019, 11:11 AM
My grandmamma gave me this top right before she died... from cancer... while saving a bus load of blind school children.

Oh.....well....ummm.....wanna take a selfie together post it to Instagram and be besties? Did I tell you what I heard about Brenda? It was on Twitter and everything!

teegre
02-05-2019, 06:46 AM
Oh.....well....ummm.....wanna take a selfie together post it to Instagram and be besties? Did I tell you what I heard about Brenda? It was on Twitter and everything!

Oh. Em. Gee. Do not get me started on Brenda... she doesn’t even go here!!!

Michael
02-05-2019, 09:45 AM
I can only hope Brown is gone and we get an early # 1 pick. I don't want a first round 11th or later. Nor a second and third round pick. I think our chances of getting an elite defensive player out of college is much better the higher the pick. While I understand that's obliviously true my point is that I just don't trust the Steeler's decision makers regarding most all mattersI have lost a great deal of confidence in this organization. I repeat Brown should go. His best games are behind him. I live in the San Francisco area and my narrow sample of fans would rather keep their first round pick & not take Brown. Trading for a 31 year old Diva is not how you rebuild your team.