PDA

View Full Version : If you're Colbert, two free agents you sign

Hound
02-03-2019, 07:18 AM
I would be a big fan of Hicks the ILB from the Eagles and Roby the CB from the Broncos.

Six Rings
02-06-2019, 03:53 PM
I sign Steve Belichick. Son of you know who and let him be the Defensive coordinator. If your father is Darth Vader, chances his son is going to have " it " too. I want this secret family Miyagi do football that nearly shut out the #2 offensive in football in the super bowl on my team. Darth Hoodie himself is mentoring this up and coming young professional defensive backs coach.

Oh what potential, and it would piss New England off.

86WARD
02-06-2019, 05:34 PM
Dee Ford and CJ Moseley.

Born2Steel
02-06-2019, 05:48 PM
CBs Breeland and Roby. Both!

Mojouw
02-06-2019, 05:57 PM
Dream Scenario: Steve Nelson at CB and Jadeveon Clowney as roving monster. Then I get wacky and play around with packages with Dupree, Watt, and Clowney all on the field behind Tuitt/Hargrave/Heyward. Because, while that would get eaten alive in the short passing game, it would be fun to see what would happen!

Realistic Scenario: Deone Buchannon as an undersized ILB/Dimebacker and some dirtball tarnshed former prospect like Daryl Worley at CB -- he would fit right in!

Dwinsgames
02-06-2019, 07:40 PM
a colbert move

Connor Barwin 2 years to late

Jimmie Ward another corner with limited ball skills ...............

Hound
02-09-2019, 11:23 AM
I have a feeling the Steelers are going to go after higher valued free agents this off season. I believe they are considering using the transition tag on Bell to trade him because they know the Compensatory pick for Bell will not be a third because they will be major players in free agency. The fact that they are looking to extend Ben and free up even more cap space makes me believe they are looking to make higher quality free agent moves. They also will have the most money to spend during free agency that I can ever remember.

DesertSteel
02-09-2019, 11:46 AM
CJ Mosely and whoever

Mojouw
02-09-2019, 12:10 PM
What about a guy like Kwon Alexander to play alongside Vince Williams?

I know he is coming off an ACL injury, but it is 2019 and those don't scare me anymore. I don't know a ton about him.

Fire Goodell
02-09-2019, 12:58 PM
I sign Steve Belichick. Son of you know who and let him be the Defensive coordinator. If your father is Darth Vader, chances his son is going to have " it " too. I want this secret family Miyagi do football that nearly shut out the #2 offensive in football in the super bowl on my team. Darth Hoodie himself is mentoring this up and coming young professional defensive backs coach.

Oh what potential, and it would piss New England off.

Maybe right before we win our next super bowl he'll chop off Bill's arm with a claymore, that alone would be worth it :chuckle

Hound
02-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Kwon would be a upgrade at the ILB spot. Mojouw if you get a chance checkout Jordan Hicks. Coming off a knee injury this year and was still better than anyone the Steelers have on the roster. I think he could be the Farrior type player we have been waiting for. I’ve been a fan since he was a longhorn. Good chance Eagles have to let him walk with all their free agents.

pczach
02-09-2019, 06:09 PM
CJ Mosely and whoever

If they signed Mosely and Shazier made a miraculous return...….imagine that wet dream at ILB!

A guy can dream, right?

teegre
02-10-2019, 10:32 AM
If he hits the open market, give me DeMarcus Lawrence.

If that came to fruition, you could keep the second free agent.

Born2Steel
02-10-2019, 10:33 AM
If he hits the open market, give me DeMarcus Lawrence.

If that came to fruition, you could keep the second free agent.

I think I read Lawrence is being franchise tagged. But yes, please sign him!

teegre
02-10-2019, 10:35 AM
I think I read Lawrence is being franchise tagged. But yes, please sign him!

Yep

I shoukd have highlighted the “If” in red. LOL

j-d-s
02-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Matt Bryant (former Kicker of the Falcons) also is a free agent, he missed only one FG last year.

Hound
02-12-2019, 05:14 AM
If the Chargers don’t resign Jason Vsrrett, I would run him through some drills and see what an extensive physical says about his health. Two years ago he was a upper echelon corner in the league.

- - - Updated - - -

40 YARD DASH: 4.38 SEC
VERTICAL JUMP: 39.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 128.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 6.69 SEC
20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.00 SEC
Jason Varrett numbers at the 2014 combine, play matched on the field. Issues are injury prone and some would say height and weight.

teegre
02-12-2019, 06:34 AM
If the Chargers don’t resign Jason Vsrrett, I would run him through some drills and see what an extensive physical says about his health. Two years ago he was a upper echelon corner in the league.

- - - Updated - - -

40 YARD DASH: 4.38 SEC
VERTICAL JUMP: 39.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 128.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 6.69 SEC
20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.00 SEC
Jason Varrett numbers at the 2014 combine, play matched on the field. Issues are injury prone and some would say height and weight.

That is a hard NO.

Varrett can not stay healthy. He has played in: 6, 14, 4, 1 games in each season. He hasn’t really even played since September of 2017 (he came onto the field in 2018, and immediately got injured).

Hound
02-12-2019, 07:52 AM
I’d be willing to give it a shot if the price is right and he passes an in-depth physical. The price has to be right though. Not a strong FA class for cornerbacks this year.

Mojouw
02-12-2019, 10:39 AM
That is a hard NO.

Varrett can not stay healthy. He has played in: 6, 14, 4, 1 games in each season. He hasn’t really even played since September of 2017 (he came onto the field in 2018, and immediately got injured).

I’d be willing to give it a shot if the price is right and he passes an in-depth physical. The price has to be right though. Not a strong FA class for cornerbacks this year.

I'm with Hound on this one. For the right price and assuming he can still run at a high level, I bring the guy in and don't count on him for anything. If he plays and doesn't have a tendon or ligament explode, then great. Cam Sutton or someone can sit right the hell back on the bench. If another body part explodes, then I just make sure I have a "Plan B" and "Plan C" that I am comfortable with.

Hound
02-13-2019, 12:11 PM
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/10/4-potential-cap-casualties-at-cb-the-steelers-should-consider/
Four realistic candidates that could be out there as FA. Not the deepest draft or FA class for CB. Hopefully some of these guys are out there.

teegre
02-13-2019, 08:56 PM
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/10/4-potential-cap-casualties-at-cb-the-steelers-should-consider/
Four realistic candidates that could be out there as FA. Not the deepest draft or FA class for CB. Hopefully some of these guys are out there.

I would gladly take any of those four CBs. They are all solid #2 CBs (if not #1s).

86WARD
02-14-2019, 07:59 AM
I would gladly take any of those four CBs. They are all solid #2 CBs (if not #1s).

Trade AB for Howard and a 1. Sign one of these guys and there’s your solid starting 3 CBS with Hilton. Two first round picks to get whatever you want in the draft. Sign Randall Cobb to play across from JuJu. Done...back in contention.

teegre
02-15-2019, 06:54 AM
Trade AB for Howard and a 1. Sign one of these guys and there’s your solid starting 3 CBS with Hilton. Two first round picks to get whatever you want in the draft. Sign Randall Cobb to play across from JuJu. Done...back in contention.

Done!!!

I’ll email Tomlin & Colbert.

bladesofgrass@obviously.com

cantdraftcorners@wrguru.net

86WARD
02-15-2019, 03:04 PM
Done!!!

I’ll email Tomlin & Colbert.

bladesofgrass@obviously.com

cantdraftcorners@wrguru.net

Doesn’t have to be Cobb. Demariyus Thomas May not be a bad option and could come cheap.

Hound
02-16-2019, 09:42 AM
Anthony Barr would also be on my wish list and a possible replacement for Bud

Mojouw
02-16-2019, 09:44 AM
Anthony Barr would also be on my wish list and a possible replacement for Bud

Barr is a bit of a disappointment as a pass rusher. Good player but seems to have settled in as a jack of all trades master of none.

Hound
02-16-2019, 10:06 AM
Your right about Barr. The more I think about it, not sure if he is a big upgrade over Bud.

teegre
02-16-2019, 10:09 AM
If Ramon Foster isn’t brought back, Matt Paradis at LG would give us the best interior O-line that the NFL has seen in years.

Hound
02-16-2019, 10:28 AM
I’m good with BJ at the guard spot. With BJ and Fieler our interior depth is good. With Fieler, Chucks, Banner and Hawkins our tackle depth is good. I wouldn’t spend money on the offensive side of the ball, unless AB is delt. I would then go after a field stretching WR. John Brown or even consider bringing Mike Wallace back. I know he is a one trick pony but when he was with the Steelers last time Wallace and Ben had a undeniable chemistry.

teegre
02-16-2019, 10:34 AM
I’m good with BJ at the guard spot. With BJ and Fieler our interior depth is good. With Fieler, Chucks, Banner and Hawkins our tackle depth is good. I wouldn’t spend money on the offensive side of the ball, unless AB is delt. I would then go after a field stretching WR. John Brown or even consider bringing Mike Wallace back. I know he is a one trick pony but when he was with the Steelers last time Wallace and Ben had a undeniable chemistry.

I hear you. You make sense.

That said, I’m a huge proponent that the game of football is won (& lost) in the trenches.

FrancoLambert
02-16-2019, 11:52 AM
Mike Wallace back in Pittsburgh...no thanks.
Just say no to the young, fast, easy....whatever money crew.
Once bitten, twice shy.

Mojouw
02-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Mike Wallace back in Pittsburgh...no thanks.
Just say no to the young, fast, easy....whatever money crew.
Once bitten, twice shy.

Theres all that and the fact that he isn't any good at football anymore.

86WARD
02-16-2019, 03:39 PM
I'm confident none of the players mentioned in this thread will be signed...lol.

Hound
02-19-2019, 12:51 PM
ORDAN HICKS (https://premium.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/jordan-hicks/9517/snap/summary?season=2018&weekGroup=REGPO), PITTSBURGH STEELERSSigning Hicks would at least make it so that every single mock draft won’t have them taking a linebacker in the first round anymore. He’d be a perfect fit for their zone coverages
PFF thinks Mr Hicks would be a perfect fit

Dwinsgames
02-19-2019, 01:17 PM
ORDAN HICKS (https://premium.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/jordan-hicks/9517/snap/summary?season=2018&weekGroup=REGPO), PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Signing Hicks would at least make it so that every single mock draft won’t have them taking a linebacker in the first round anymore. He’d be a perfect fit for their zone coverages
PFF thinks Mr Hicks would be a perfect fit

never heard of this Ordan guy is he any relation to Jordan Hicks I wonder ? hmmm

wonder what the calf injury was though .... just a pull / strain or a rip , surgery or no ?

Hound
02-19-2019, 01:53 PM
My bad folks on the copy and paste. Jordan Hicks played well last year coming off a bad knee injury this past year

Dwinsgames
02-19-2019, 02:03 PM
My bad folks on the copy and paste. Jordan Hicks played well last year coming off a bad knee injury this past year

I was just messin with ya with the Ordan Hicks comment lol

the calf thing was December of last season , seemed to have plagued him the remainder of the season to some degree ( Injury reports ) was wondering if anyone knew its severity

teegre
02-20-2019, 06:47 AM
Ordan Hicks is the second-cousin to Jashom Worlididdy.

Rotorhead
02-20-2019, 10:32 AM
Manny Sanders May get let go from the Broncos after his injury, not expected to be ready at the start of the season, but maybe we can pick him up for cheap to play across from Juju

pczach
02-20-2019, 03:17 PM
Manny Sanders May get let go from the Broncos after his injury, not expected to be ready at the start of the season, but maybe we can pick him up for cheap to play across from Juju

The quarterback here isn't a good enough leader for a stud like Sanders...….

86WARD
02-20-2019, 03:26 PM

I’d take him back in a second.

hawaiiansteeler
02-20-2019, 03:28 PM
The quarterback here isn't a good enough leader for a stud like Sanders...….

maybe we can cut Ben and bring Peyton back out of retirement...

pczach
02-20-2019, 03:40 PM
maybe we can cut Ben and bring Peyton back out of retirement...

He can't move and may have a problem throwing the ball more than 10 yards downfield, but he's a tremendous leader......Leadership is all you need.

I'm sure AB would also be happy as a clam with all that leadership and dropping stats.....

It would solve everything.....