PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Heyward On Antonio Brown: ‘What Happened Is Not Right’

Shoes
02-01-2019, 05:04 PM
Several past and present Pittsburgh Steelers players made it to Atlanta, GA this week to partake in media obligations ahead of Super Bowl LIII being played and every time that one has conducted a media interview, each has predictably been asked to comment on the current state of the organization as well as the status of wide receiver Antonio Brown. On Friday, it was defensive lineman Cameron Heyward who made the media rounds in Atlanta and right on cue he was asked several questions about Brown.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/cameron-heyward-on-antonio-brown-what-happened-is-not-right/

Mojouw
02-01-2019, 05:48 PM
Perhaps the best and most useful take I've seen yet.

pczach
02-02-2019, 08:14 AM
This has the most information that we have gotten to this point, and it comes from a very reliable source and team leader. He's not giving all the gory details, but I think you get a pretty good picture of what happened.

If I'm reading it correctly, Brown has been acting entitled for a while now. He did abandon the team late in the year, and is clearly wrong and has been doing a lot of shitty things that haven't been good for the team.

I am also reading that Tomlin and the organization should have done something to check him earlier. This is a team leader inferring that he believes that he should have been called on his shit earlier. Heyward specifically said that "accountability just needs to be different".

Ben Roethlisberger wasn't mentioned at all in this. It seems to point to this pretty much being an AB vs coach/management thing.

I believe this is a very good statement from Heyward in that he didn't bash anyone, but is letting AB know he did wrong and that the team wants him to come back. He is also letting Tomlin and the team know that things needed to be tightened up with AB and corrected a while ago before it got to this point.

Born2Steel
02-02-2019, 08:18 AM
I agree with Cam. I think this group can do special things too. I think they are getting close, very close.

86WARD
02-02-2019, 09:18 AM
Best interview so far.

AtlantaDan
02-02-2019, 09:45 AM
This has the most information that we have gotten to this point, and it comes from a very reliable source and team leader. He's not giving all the gory details, but I think you get a pretty good picture of what happened.

Agreed it was an informative overview from someone on the defensive side who has some distance from the group dynamics that play out within the offense (Dupree has said the offense and defense do not have a lot of interaction).

AB is still going to have to make the next move for any effort at reconciliation, assuming the next event is not the Steelers telling him they could not work out a trade and wait to see whether he shows for OTAs this spring.

Ben Roethlisberger wasn't mentioned at all in this. It seems to point to this pretty much being an AB vs coach/management thing.

Ben not being a central topic of discussion probably had a lot to do with who was interviewing. If Stephen A. (who was delighted to start going after Ben in his interview with Ward, who was equally delighted to play ball on dissing Ben) had been interviewing Heyward you can bet Ben’s role would have been raised.

FWIW Ben has gone off the radar since his end of season radio appearance, which makes perfect sense. Maybe he is reassessing whether it is in the best interests of the team as well as himself to volunteer his thoughts on current events. :noidea: