PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown On Where He Wants To Be in 2019: ‘All Options On The Table’

Shoes
02-01-2019, 12:01 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown is now apparently in Atlanta, GA for Super Bowl LIII and he’s finally somewhat speaking to the media and answering a few tough questions.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/antonio-brown-on-where-he-wants-to-be-in-2019-all-options-on-the-table/

Mojouw
02-01-2019, 12:14 AM
Business is Boomin

this is either gonna just spin itself out and nothing changes or it is going to get face meltingly ludicrous.

cant wait.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
02-01-2019, 12:33 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown is now apparently in Atlanta, GA for Super Bowl LIII and he’s finally somewhat speaking to the media and answering a few tough questions.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/antonio-brown-on-where-he-wants-to-be-in-2019-all-options-on-the-table/ I been supporting him and wanted him back. I'm done and hope they get a top 20 pick for him and draft the TE you want Shoes with it... I don't want to see him traded for Santonio Holmes prices though!

Shoes
02-01-2019, 12:45 AM
I been supporting him and wanted him back. I'm done and hope they get a top 20 pick for him and draft the TE you want Shoes with it... I don't want to see him traded for Santonio Holmes prices though!

To me, it was clear he wanted out when he didn't respond to Rooney. I mean how do you tell the guy who made you the highest paid WR in the NFL that you don't want to play for him longer? If Ben and Tomlin are part of the problem for him and he feels other players aren't putting the work he knows not going to win that battle with Art either, so why bother returning his call. I'll just be glad when this is over and hope we get a R1 pick for him and keep our other R1 pick at 20

02-01-2019, 06:29 AM
I changed my mind and think the Steelers should do their best to sign Bell & Brown! Just sign them and who cares if they play a down for Pitt as long as they can't play elsewhere! We can have them chained up in the basement like Jesse from Breaking Bad making Meth. Instead of meth we can have them making Eat N Park smiley cookies.

86WARD
02-01-2019, 06:58 AM
So with all options open, that’s a step that he’s admitting Pittsburgh is a possibility. So from the postings on the board, I get the feeling that most people would be disappointed if he returned?

02-01-2019, 07:05 AM
So with all options open, that’s a step that he’s admitting Pittsburgh is a possibility. So from the postings on the board, I get the feeling that most people would be disappointed if he returned? Brown should have said I would prefer to be in Pitt with my teammates but keeping all options open. He didn't say that though! I had enough of him now and again don't trade him for Holmes garbage like a 5th round pick though.

02-01-2019, 07:19 AM
If you can't get at least a 1 pick for him. You keep him and tell him how it's going to be! If he doesn't like what is said, Tell him good luck beating Rice's record while sitting on the pine for the next couple years.

pczach
02-01-2019, 07:33 AM
If you can't get at least a 1 pick for him. You keep him and tell him how it's going to be!

I agree. The team should not take a beating on this because he wants a trade.

If they can't get enough for him, make him stay.

If he causes or stirs up shit....fine him.

If he keeps it up.....Suspend him.

If he breaches his contract....suspend him indefinitely without pay and take it up with the league and the NFLPA. The loss of salary will hurt AB very badly. It may be the only way to get everything in line. I think the rest of the team will back the organization and Tomlin, and may even galvanize the locker room.

I will be pissed if they let him go for next to nothing.

fansince'76
02-01-2019, 08:56 AM
$21M cap hit. He's not going anywhere.

86WARD
02-01-2019, 09:42 AM

If he breaches his contract....suspend him indefinitely without pay and take it up with the league and the NFLPA. The loss of salary will hurt AB very badly. It may be the only way to get everything in line. I think the rest of the team will back the organization and Tomlin, and may even galvanize the locker room.

This.

Dwinsgames
02-01-2019, 09:47 AM

what is " enough " for me top 10 pick or 1st and second ( no less than 1st and 3rd ) in this years draft ... or a quality corner and a pick what pick would be dependent on what corner we are talking age/$$$/time left on contract .....

pczach
02-01-2019, 10:36 AM
what is " enough " for me top 10 pick or 1st and second ( no less than 1st and 3rd ) in this years draft ... or a quality corner and a pick what pick would be dependent on what corner we are talking age/$$$/time left on contract .....

I'd be ok with that, but would prefer Patrick Peterson or Jalen Ramsey and a 3rd round pick.

If they can work things out with AB, and there is an understanding of what is tolerated and what is not by all sides, that is probably what is best for the team right now with the cap implications. But only if he conforms and only if the team is willing to enforce what they ask of him. Also, if Ben does anything crappy or out of line, they need to be prepared to pull him aside and straighten things out . It's either about the team, or it's not.

Are they prepared to do that? I don't know.

AtlantaDan
02-01-2019, 10:41 AM
I'd be ok with that, but would prefer Patrick Peterson or Jalen Ramsey and a 3rd round pick.

Bringing in Ramsey might result in the worst of the AB turmoil looking in hindsight like a day at the beach.

As far as Peterson do not get your hopes up

After hitting his tee shot Wednesday on the famed 16th hole at TPC Scottsdale during the Waste Management Phoenix Open pro-am, the Arizona Cardinals (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/ari/arizona-cardinals)' star cornerback took a microphone and told the crowd he'd be back next season -- and beyond.

"I just want to apologize to everybody for asking for that trade in the middle of the season," Peterson said. "I'm here to stay, baby."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25888207/here-stay

Mojouw
02-01-2019, 11:53 AM
Bringing in Ramsey might result in the worst of the AB turmoil looking in hindsight like a day at the beach.

After hitting his tee shot Wednesday on the famed 16th hole at TPC Scottsdale during the Waste Management Phoenix Open pro-am, the Arizona Cardinals (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/ari/arizona-cardinals)' star cornerback took a microphone and told the crowd he'd be back next season -- and beyond.

"I just want to apologize to everybody for asking for that trade in the middle of the season," Peterson said. "I'm here to stay, baby."

I think that Ramsey is painted a little too extreme here. He talks an incessant stream of trash, sure. But he mostly backs that up. He plays and plays well every game he is healthy. Hasn't yet held out (to my memory), and has only spoken ill of his team in the same manner that leaders of EVERY all defense/no offense teams have. I mean can you imagine being guys on that Jags defense and knowing for about the past 3 years that if you let up 14+ points, you will likely lose? All because your franchise did nothing to improve the most obvious weakness on the team and then doubled down and paid that weakness so much cap $$$ that you are going to have start NOT paying defensive players in 2019? I think Ramsey's comments are mostly because he is a relatively perceptive dude about the state of his craptastic franchise coupled with a triple load of arrogance. Personally, I would love to have the dude on the team. In fact, if I was Colbert I would be talking to Jags about my draft picks long before I resolve the AB situation.

Ramsey wants out. Jags are closing in on massive roster depletion due to cap issues. Ramsey needs paid. That equals trade candidate in the modern NFL.

Iron Steeler
02-01-2019, 01:30 PM
He looks so stupid with the blonde mustache, it looks like a cheese doodle is glued to his face.

vasteeler
02-01-2019, 01:37 PM
He looks so stupid with the blonde mustache, it looks like a cheese doodle is glued to his face.

You could have stopped at he looks so stupid.

Shoes
02-01-2019, 01:37 PM

Maybe he's trying to match the gold around his neck. :noidea:

steelerdude15
02-01-2019, 01:58 PM

I'm assuming he's trying to be a trendsetter.

HollywoodSteel
02-01-2019, 02:01 PM
Has anyone started a Twitter account: AB’s Blond Mustache?

Can we all do that as a joint effort and decide on this forum the funniest things to say?

I think Dwins should be in charge of it since he is Mr. Twitter. But I promise to contribute content. :)

Bleach is a boomin!

HollywoodSteel
02-01-2019, 02:08 PM
It doesn’t matter what AB says. The mustache CLEARLY wants to stay in Pittsburgh. It painted itself GOLDENROD!

You know what they say, a mustache is worth 1000 words. Especially a mustard mustache.

Sorry, but that 24 karat stache is a gift from the heavens. I intend to get maximum entertainment value out of it.

HollywoodSteel
02-01-2019, 02:14 PM
If someone can take a Tomlin avatar and paint his mustache blonde I would appreciate it. I think we should all sport blond mustaches in solidarity!

Or maybe that’s what happens to your facial hair when you undergo treatment for locker room cancer. Instead of it falling out, it turns yellow.

BlackAndGold
02-01-2019, 03:34 PM
AB looks like a clown with his gold mustache.

vader29
02-01-2019, 03:58 PM

He is the new Chester Cheetah.

https://i.ibb.co/PQKVjnP/abcheetos.jpg

:chuckle:

DesertSteel
02-01-2019, 04:36 PM
AB looks like a clown with his gold mustache.
It matches his act.

Iron Steeler
02-01-2019, 04:49 PM
He is the new Chester Cheetah.
https://i.ibb.co/PQKVjnP/abcheetos.jpg

:chuckle:

THIS IS GREAT! HAHA did you make this?

vader29
02-01-2019, 04:55 PM
THIS IS GREAT! HAHA did you make this?
Yes, with photoshop.

Iron Steeler
02-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Yes, with photoshop.
:rofl2::rofl2::thumbsup::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap 2::clap2:

FrancoLambert
02-01-2019, 05:35 PM

He deserves an even bigger chain; he’s that good. :chuckle:

pczach
02-02-2019, 07:24 AM

If Peterson is off the table, there's nothing they can do about that. Of course, the Cardinals can still trade him and it won't be on Peterson. Anything is possible and you never know until you ask. :D

As far as Ramsey is concerned, I don't think it can get any worse than what AB is doing. AB doesn't even want to be on the team. He has become the greatest WR of the last decade and maybe the best WR since Jerry Rice here, and he is still unhappy and a huge distraction that apparently treats everyone like shit.

If Ramsey embraces coming here, I can deal with his trash talk. As long as he balls out on the field, I think the team will win a ton of games and he will be happy.

Again, I hope AB and the team come to an agreement and this whole thing gets mended and they are successful together going forward. It just doesn't look like it's going in that direction based on everything AB is doing to rub it in everyone's faces while still with the team. Not exactly a mature move that shows he wants to make things work. Ramsey will have his work cut out for him if he wants to outdo AB. :chuckle:

86WARD
02-02-2019, 09:27 AM
While I would love to have Ramsey, why do people want to give up Brown and his “issues” for a similar type individual on the opposite side of the ball? Are you really improving the team by taking from one side of the ball and adding to the other and you’re really not improving the locker room with Ramsey...are you?

To be honest, I’d love to see the Steelers hike up their big boy pants, figure this thing out with AB and get Ramsey in addition to having AB. It’s time this team make some real moves instead of panicking during the draft and picking Artie Burns type players.

teegre
02-02-2019, 10:16 AM
After reading this thread, my fingertips are orange.

stillers4me
02-03-2019, 10:51 AM
So AB acts like a little bitch because all he wants is to win.

Funny thing is, I've never seen JJ Watt demand a trade to a different team. Nor is there ever any question about his character. :coffee: