PDA

View Full Version : Packers Steelers 2009 game

Packers
01-29-2019, 09:41 AM
I rewatched that game recently and man was that a thriller of a game. It still hurts to see us lose in the final seconds. Hard to believe that's almost a decade ago. You Steeler fans remember that one? I visited Pittsburgh back in 2014 for a Pirates game. That city is awesome. I wore my Packers gear and nobody gave me a hard time. Best wishes for next season.

EzraTank
01-29-2019, 09:48 AM
I'd trade that game for the Superbowl in 2010.

Packers
01-29-2019, 09:58 AM

I wasn't going to bring that up. I don't want to rub that in. Pittsburgh usually beats us in Heinz but in Lambeau we usually win.

vasteeler
01-29-2019, 11:40 AM

I still haven't watched a single highlight from that game.

DesertSteel
01-29-2019, 11:46 AM
Hard to believe that's almost a decade ago.
Yes and also the last time that the greatest QB who ever walked the planet got to the Super Bowl.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-29-2019, 11:48 AM
Yes and also the last time that the greatest QB who ever walked the planet got to the Super Bowl. Yeah, might be the last one that Ben gets to.

Fire Goodell
01-29-2019, 01:14 PM
I rewatched that game recently and man was that a thriller of a game. It still hurts to see us lose in the final seconds. Hard to believe that's almost a decade ago. You Steeler fans remember that one? I visited Pittsburgh back in 2014 for a Pirates game. That city is awesome. I wore my Packers gear and nobody gave me a hard time. Best wishes for next season.

losing a meaningless game still hurts when you won the super bowl against us the next year? yeah ok champ quit patronizing us already

steelcityboyz
01-29-2019, 05:51 PM
I rewatched that game recently and man was that a thriller of a game. It still hurts to see us lose in the final seconds. Hard to believe that's almost a decade ago. You Steeler fans remember that one? I visited Pittsburgh back in 2014 for a Pirates game. That city is awesome. I wore my Packers gear and nobody gave me a hard time. Best wishes for next season.That game was awesome i agree what a thriller. Ignore some of the comments on here. You always post with respect here, more fans need to do that at other fans message boards.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-29-2019, 07:01 PM
I rewatched that game recently and man was that a thriller of a game. It still hurts to see us lose in the final seconds. Hard to believe that's almost a decade ago. You Steeler fans remember that one? I visited Pittsburgh back in 2014 for a Pirates game. That city is awesome. I wore my Packers gear and nobody gave me a hard time. Best wishes for next season. Watched it again last year and that was the old Ben I miss.

Fire Goodell
01-29-2019, 08:41 PM
That game was awesome i agree what a thriller. Ignore some of the comments on here. You always post with respect here, more fans need to do that at other fans message boards.

stop sucking up to the visiting fans this is a steelers board :chuckle:

HollywoodSteel
01-29-2019, 11:39 PM
I only watched it the one time live.

But I definitely remember the last second catch by Mike Wallace in the end zone.

Reminded me of Santonio in the Super Bowl.

Fun game to watch. Disappointing season though.

AtlantaDan
01-30-2019, 10:58 AM

That 2009 game was back from the future for the Steelers - defense was down that year with Troy out. So like most games these days the offense needed to score points in bunches and lights out Ben (503 yards passing) to get an end of the game score to win 37-36.

Tomlin calling a failed onside kick with 4 minutes left up 30-28 was a classic statement as to how little faith he had in his defense.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=291220023

steelreserve
01-30-2019, 02:58 PM
Was this the game Parker got injured and it finally forced us to get rid of him? If so, it would rank among my favorite games of all time.