PDA

View Full Version : Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster Injured During Pro-Bowl

86WARD
01-27-2019, 02:55 PM
JuJu limped off to the sidelines after catching a 16-yard pass from Andrew Luck. Doctors are looking at JuJu’s left leg.

86WARD
01-27-2019, 03:07 PM
Being reported that it’s just a knee contusion. Hopefully not a bone contusion. Those usually take a month or two to heal...still a lot better than what it could’ve been...

HollywoodSteel
01-27-2019, 03:26 PM
Drama queen ;)

AtlantaDan
01-27-2019, 04:27 PM
Not watching that worthless game but read about the injury online

JuJu incurring a significant knee injury in a fucking exhibition game would have been the cherry on top of this crap sundae of a season

One thing AB did do correctly was to drop out of that idiotic TV show to provide some NFL infotainment to ESPN and go on vacation instead

tube517
01-27-2019, 04:53 PM
The Pro Bowl was today? :chuckle:

st33lersguy
01-27-2019, 04:59 PM
I just saw the final score. Apparently the jason Garrett's nfc squad got dominated by the best of the weak ass afc. And this guy still has a job

As far as juju being injured that sucks. Wish him speedy recovery. Also they should just name a team and be done with it, or just do a skills challenge

DesertSteel
01-27-2019, 05:12 PM
The Pro Bowl is the new Super Bowl for the Steelers. Two years in a row with the most players. Let's see the Patriots do that!

pczach
01-27-2019, 05:31 PM
Not watching that worthless game but read about the injury online

JuJu incurring a significant knee injury in a fucking exhibition game would have been the cherry on top of this crap sundae of a season

One thing AB did do correctly was to drop out of that idiotic TV show to provide some NFL infotainment to ESPN and go on vacation instead

True.....all of that.

DesertSteel
01-27-2019, 06:02 PM
Pro Bowl is meaningless to us (I've never watched it and never plan to), but to a young player who's 22 it's a big honor. I don't blame him one bit for putting himself out there.

86WARD
01-27-2019, 07:20 PM
I just saw the final score. Apparently the jason Garrett's nfc squad got dominated by the best of the weak ass afc. And this guy still has a job

As far as juju being injured that sucks. Wish him speedy recovery. Also they should just name a team and be done with it, or just do a skills challenge

Pretty much a glorified exhibition when you have bookends Saquon Barkley and Alvin Kamara rushing from the outside. Zeke playing QB. Melvin Ingram playing RB and Anthony Sherman looking like Mike Alstott out there.

Was entertaining. Not football, but entertaining to watch the guys screw off for a couple hours.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-27-2019, 07:28 PM

As far as juju being injured that sucks. Wish him speedy recovery. Also they should just name a team and be done with it, or just do a skills challenge It was a lot better the way it was for years after SB and in Hawaii. I think the players enjoyed it better as well and kinda like a nice Vacation. It is totally worthless now and just said it to the other night. Just name the players that made it and that is it and be done with it.

teegre
01-27-2019, 10:24 PM

:nod:

HollywoodSteel
01-27-2019, 10:40 PM

I don’t know if that’s sarcasm or what. All I know is it sounds like an Onion article:

“Jason Garrett fired for being out coached in the Pro Bowl.”

Lol

EzraTank
01-28-2019, 10:39 AM
I watched 10 minutes of it. They don't even tackle now just grab the guy like rough touch football. What a waste of time.

AtlantaDan
01-28-2019, 12:01 PM
Pro Bowl is meaningless to us (I've never watched it and never plan to), but to a young player who's 22 it's a big honor. I don't blame him one bit for putting himself out there.

It is his future contract, not mine.

http://dailysnark.com/throwback-pats-1st-round-pick-robert-edwards-gruesome-knee-injury-pro-bowl-flag-football-game/

Agreed it is a honor and contract incentives are involved - just name players to the team and dump the game, which the players seem to regard as a joke given the fun & games at the end yesterday with running backs playing defense

I am surprised this fossil of a game has not been shut down like the College All Stars v defending Super Bowl champs game that ended in 1976 after teams got tired of their top draft picks missing the first few weeks of training camp to get rolled by the pros

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/23/42-years-ago-today-the-college-all-star-game-came-to-a-rainy-end/

DesertSteel
01-28-2019, 06:30 PM
Problem is guys like Watt and Juju won’t be on the team because they’re alternates.

- - - Updated - - -

And what’s more meaningless, the pro bowl or preseason games? At least with the pro bowl you have time to heal.

AtlantaDan
01-28-2019, 07:05 PM
Problem is guys like Watt and Juju won’t be on the team because they’re alternates.

- - - Updated - - -

And what’s more meaningless, the pro bowl or preseason games? At least with the pro bowl you have time to heal.

If the only reason you are on the team is because you stepped in as an alternate, since those selected opted out of a game they regard as pointless because they were “injured” and the NFL needed fresh cannon fodder for TV programming, that would seem to support my position the game is worthless for any reason other than the owners cashing a check from ESPN

No argument from me the 4 game exhibition (aka “preseason”) schedule in August is much more than another money grab that forces season ticket holders to buy a 10 game season ticket package and could easily be cut from 4 to 2 games. But at least those games relate to getting your team ready for the regular season and the chase for a championship, which is what you are playing and getting paid for, rather than an after the season equivalent of flag football.

pczach
01-28-2019, 08:53 PM

- - - Updated - - -

The Pro Bowl is far more meaningless.

In preseason games, there are players that are learning to execute the playbook and the schemes the team is using. Players are learning to play together.....how to communicate on the field within the system.

I know the veterans don't need too much work, but the team needs to get draft picks and undrafted free agents on the field in live action to see what they have.

DesertSteel
01-28-2019, 09:45 PM
The Pro Bowl is far more meaningless.

In preseason games, there are players that are learning to execute the playbook and the schemes the team is using. Players are learning to play together.....how to communicate on the field within the system.

I know the veterans don't need too much work, but the team needs to get draft picks and undrafted free agents on the field in live action to see what they have.
Right. I’m talking about Pro Bowl caliber players though. From an injury standpoint I’d rather them play in the PB than preseason.

st33lersguy
01-28-2019, 10:52 PM
At least in preseason, you get players up to game speed in hopes that they don't start slow to start the season

Pro Bowl, there is literally no functional purpose to that game. It is literally a game played by the best players who play on teams not good enough to go to the super bowl not counting players who bow out to injuries/personal reasons. It is no more important than a skills challenge of all the best players combined with the risk of injury