PDA

View Full Version : Steelers have only themselves to blame for the broken relationship with AB

hawaiiansteeler
01-26-2019, 03:59 PM
Steelers have only themselves to blame for the broken relationship with Antonio Brown

Posted by Mike Florio on January 26, 2019

As the Steelers and receiver Antonio Brown careen toward a divorce, it’s becoming more clear how the relationship reached an apparent point of no return.

A new article from Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com, which strings together much of the popcorn that has been flying out of the metal kettle in recent weeks, paints a picture of a player who routinely lived by his own set of rules — and a team that allowed it.

The most stunning example comes from a previously-unknown double standard that has applied to Brown during training camp. While teammates were crammed into dorm rooms, Brown has had an off-campus rental house.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/26/steelers-have-only-themselves-to-blame-for-the-broken-relationship-with-antonio-brown/

FrancoLambert
01-26-2019, 04:32 PM
Yeah, for enabling behavior that creates resentment sooner or later.
Double standards eventually bite back.

HollywoodSteel
01-26-2019, 04:55 PM
I’m sure it’s true that AB was given a super long leash, but it’s hard to criticize that given the results. The only obvious mistake Tomlin made was his timing about when to arbitrarily yank on that leash. He should have let Brown play and then handled it privately.

It wasn’t fair to Steeler Nation to put the season at risk over it. I think Tomlin expected to destroy the Bengals even without AB, but he should have learned a lesson with the loss to the Raiders. The Steelers aren’t good enough to dominate without their super stars on the field.

But I understand why AB really can’t do anything publicly except pout about respect. He can’t exactly give an interview complaining that he should be allowed to break the rules because he had always gotten away with it before.

I’m allowed to make that argument, but he isn’t ;)