PDA

View Full Version : Wexell: With whom did Tomlin spend time talking?

teegre
01-26-2019, 10:09 AM
Jim Wexell (who I respect) posted a tweet about three things he observed about Mike Tomlin at the Senior Bowl. Tomlin spent a while talking to...

1. Mike Mayock
Likely just saying congrats, but could it be possible trade talks...

2. David Sills, WR, WVU
He’s like Hunter Renfrow from Clemson (i.e. clutch), but Sills plays in a subpar program. Could be a steal.

3. Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple
Uh... Rock yeah!!! The dude is big and talented and big and good. And, big.

DesertSteel
01-26-2019, 02:57 PM
Sills reminds me of Cooper Kupp, who I liked a lot coming out.

HollywoodSteel
01-26-2019, 03:13 PM
“School: Temple | Year: Senior
Ya-Sin has ideal size, speed, toughness and ball skills. In off coverage, he has quick feet and he's very fluid when he turns and opens up. He doesn't waste steps on his plant and drive -- he closes in a hurry. In press coverage, Ya-Sin needs to do a better job of using his hands and he will occasionally get turned around versus shiftier wideouts. Fortunately, he has the speed to recover when he's caught out of position. He finds the ball in the air and gets his hands on a lot of footballs. He's very aggressive in run support and he's a reliable tackler in space. Overall, Ya-Sin has the competitiveness and athleticism to develop into a quality NFL starter.”

I don’t follow college football. But according to this evaluation he sounds like the ideal athletic corner for the Steelers to draft and then fail to develop. ;)

86WARD
01-26-2019, 05:56 PM
Tomlin isn’t talking trade...lol. He’s not smart enough to wheel and deal like that.

steelreserve
01-26-2019, 09:00 PM
I wish he'd spent more time talking to Ed Balls. Former member of the British Parliament and Treasury Secretary.

Has nothing to do with football, I just wish he'd talked to Ed Balls.

Ed Balls.

teegre
01-27-2019, 11:00 AM
Tomlin isn’t talking trade...lol. He’s not smart enough to wheel and deal like that.

Except... you know... the last two trades that Tomlin ochestrated with this exact team worked out pretty well.

Bryant for Rudolph
R6 pick for Switzer

:noidea:

DesertSteel
01-27-2019, 02:37 PM
Except... you know... the last two trades that Tomlin ochestrated with this exact team worked out pretty well.

Bryant for Rudolph
R6 pick for Switzer

Do you think Tomlin handles trades?

teegre
01-27-2019, 02:40 PM
Do you think Tomlin handles trades?

Maybe, maybe not. But, a lot of things occur during Senior Bowl week (that affect the rest of the season).

86WARD
01-27-2019, 03:12 PM

Bryant for Rudolph
R6 pick for Switzer

I put that more on Colbert than Tomlin...

Born2Steel
01-27-2019, 03:42 PM
I don't know if Coach spoke with my guy Tony Pollard(RB/WR/KR from Memphis) or not, but I bet he will. Pollard tied the NCAA record for kick returns for TDs(7) in his career. He also scored a TD in the Senior Bowl. Very versatile weapon for the offense.

DesertSteel
01-27-2019, 05:06 PM
Maybe, maybe not. But, a lot of things occur during Senior Bowl week (that affect the rest of the season).
I'm sure he was talking about obvious stuff. Obviously.

LambertsLunatic58
01-27-2019, 08:29 PM
" he sounds like the ideal athletic corner for the Steelers to draft and then fail to develop"

LMAO. Truer words were never spoken. On a long list of things I'm disappointed about with Tomlin, high up on the list is his inability to develop some pretty good college players that have been high round draft picks.

teegre
01-27-2019, 10:19 PM
I put that more on Colbert than Tomlin...

That makes sense.

Good trade happens: credit to anyone but Tomlin

No trade happens: blame Tomlin

Good draft pick: credit to anyone but Tomlin

Bad draft pick: blame Tomlin

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-28-2019, 12:06 AM
That makes sense.

Good trade happens: credit to anyone but Tomlin

No trade happens: blame Tomlin

Good draft pick: credit to anyone but Tomlin

Bad draft pick: blame Tomlin

Now you have it. Looks like you are a graduate of the "Silky Johnson School of Haters". :hatsoff:

teegre
01-28-2019, 06:31 AM
Mike Mayock is superb at evaluating DB talent. And, Tomlin is astute at drafting WRs.

MAYOCK: Which WR should we draft?

TOMLIN: Likewise, which DB should we draft?

MAYOCK: Wait a second...

TOMLIN: You draft a DB; I’ll draft a WR...

MAYOCK: ...and, we will trade players!!!