PDA

View Full Version : Munch's Interview in Denver

Shoes
01-25-2019, 11:33 AM
While many jumped on Munch left Pittsburgh because of family you can hear some subtle other reasons starting at 1:00

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/munchak-family-played-big-role-in-decision-to-join-broncos

DesertSteel
01-27-2019, 05:15 PM
Family is just an excuse. It wouldn't matter what he said in an interview. What's he gonna do trash the Rooneys or Tomlin?? He's got more class than that. When he didn't re-up his contract last year did he have a crystal ball about the Broncos opening?? I really can't blame him for moving on.

Edman
01-27-2019, 05:34 PM
Don't blame him for wanting to leave regardless of reason. He's a great coach who deserves a better environment than what the Steelers have been gving him.

fansince'76
01-27-2019, 05:51 PM
Don't blame him for wanting to leave regardless of reason. He's a great coach who deserves a better environment than what the Steelers have been gving him.

Except that's not what he'll be getting.

Edman
01-27-2019, 05:56 PM
Except that's not what he'll be getting.

Grass is greener to him. I guess.

DesertSteel
01-27-2019, 06:00 PM
Grass is greener to him. I guess.
That's usually the case...... I hope the guy gets another HC opportunity...

Born2Steel
01-27-2019, 06:12 PM
Bruce Arians hired Bowles(DC), Lefty(OC), and Harold Goodwin as his asst HC. Talk about your lateral moves. The AZ Cards staff just ALL moved to Tampa. Nick Rapone(Safties),Larry Foote(OLBs), Kevin Garver(WRs), Rick Christophel(TEs), and Kevin Ross(CBs) are also joining them from AZ to TB. While Mike Caldwell(ILBs) and Kacy Rodgers(DL) are following Todd Bowles to Tampa as the same position coaches he had in NY with the Jets.

Not sure how well the Tampa Bay Cardinals will do in 2019 but they should look familiar to Arizona fans.

pczach
01-27-2019, 06:15 PM

What do you know about the environment in Denver....other than the fact that they suck?

I'm serious. You have no idea what the environment is there, yet you just announce that it's better than it is with the Steelers.

I don't claim to know exactly why Munchak elected to go to Denver. I'm sure there are lots of reasons. Maybe he's just a guy that needs to not be in one place too long because it gets stale and boring to him. Maybe he likes to challenge himself that way. Maybe it really is about family. Maybe he doesn't like the culture in Pittsburgh......or not.

LambertsLunatic58
01-27-2019, 08:26 PM
Bruce Arians hired Bowles(DC), Lefty(OC), and Harold Goodwin as his asst HC. Talk about your lateral moves. The AZ Cards staff just ALL moved to Tampa. Nick Rapone(Safties),Larry Foote(OLBs), Kevin Garver(WRs), Rick Christophel(TEs), and Kevin Ross(CBs) are also joining them from AZ to TB. While Mike Caldwell(ILBs) and Kacy Rodgers(DL) are following Todd Bowles to Tampa as the same position coaches he had in NY with the Jets.

Not sure how well the Tampa Bay Cardinals will do in 2019 but they should look familiar to Arizona fans.

Larry Foote is an OLB Coach? Huh? Wow. I mean, he was okay when he was here, but I never thought of him as being coaching material.

st33lersguy
01-29-2019, 02:46 PM
He liked the environment in Denver and liked what they were accomplishing, which is what exactly? Continuing to be in mediocrity after the Super Bowl win? Wasting the post-Super Bowl MVP career of Von Miller? If he liked the environment in Denver better, that is an indictment on the state of the Steelers